How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

FitnessLifeSupplements.com SCAM - Owner Greg RIPS OFF SupplementReviews.com

Read 4401 times

Admin_
Rep: +4,815
Trust: 100%
Administrator
Greg Morley from FitnessLifeSupplements.com has ripped off SR.

Greg paid the deposit for the first few months of advertising, but then when that credit was used up, he went MIA.   

5/6/2014: Account summary sent, reminded them that their deposit will run out soon and they will have a payment due next month.
 - No response.

6/3/2014: Invoice sent (for ads delivered in May).
 - No response.

7/7/2014: Invoice sent (for ads delivered in June).
 - No response.

7/28/2014: Payment reminder sent.  Mentioned that ads will be shut off if payment is not received by the end of the month.
 - No response.

8/4/2014: Final invoice sent (for ads delivered in July).  Campaign was shut off.
 - No response.

8/11/2014: Payment reminder for 3 months of advertising sent.
 - No response.

8/14/2014: Follow-up reminder.  This time we mentioned that a thread would be posted on 8/20 if payment was not received by then.
 - No response.

8/19/2014: Sent final reminder that the thread would be posted tomorrow if no payment is received.

8/20/2014: Finally got a response today.  In his response, Greg offered to pay HALF the amount owed in installments over the next 12 months.

We rejected this offer since it is extremely unethical to try and haggle AFTER the price was already agreed upon and the advertising was delivered.  It was also extremely unprofessional to ignore our emails for several months, and only respond when we threatened to call them out publicly.

While we have sufficient evidence to get them to pay in court, it's simply not worth our time or legal fees.  We are sharing this with the public to help educate consumers on the type of company FitnessLifeSupplements.com is.

SupplementReviews.com is a public service that is offered 100% FREE to visitors, however it costs a lot to operate our site.  We have to pay for dedicated servers, promotions and a small staff to keep things running.  The only reason we are able to continue this service is because of the revenue generated by our advertisers.  It really hurts us when those advertisers decide they want to rip us off like FitnessLifeSupplements.com.
- Tommy

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

Frankiemusc
Rep: +3,788
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: August 20, 2014, 04:48:56 PM »
Tom, you have to cut them off much sooner and I hope u are doing business credit reports.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:50:39 PM by Frankiemusc »
There’s no wrong time to do the right thing

ron
Rep: +5,387
Locker Roommates
« Reply #2: August 20, 2014, 06:04:26 PM »
Way to call out the deadbeats!!!!
LOVE IT !!!!
 8)
The path of the righteous body builder is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the jealous and the tyranny of greedy supplement manufacturers. Blessed is he who, in the name of health and fitness, shepherds the weak through the valley of supplement darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper.

Reinger
Rep: +2,590
Locker Roommates
« Reply #3: August 20, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »
Times when I wish public Stoning was all good in the hood...
It is better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not...

R.I.P. TK

jake88
Rep: +12
Trust: 20%
« Reply #4: August 20, 2014, 07:32:21 PM »
Obviously you gave them ample opportunities for them to reach out to you...what more can you have done?

i'm always disappointed when companies try to rip off people or scam reviews, but Im glad that SR does a pubic roasting so that folks on this site (and outside as well) can think twice about where their money is going to.

Admin_
Administrator
« Reply #5: August 20, 2014, 09:13:52 PM »
Tom, you have to cut them off much sooner and I hope u are doing business credit reports.

This is true.  Our biggest sponsors ALWAYS issue quick payments, so I tend to have too much trust with people.
- Tommy

Parasite
Rep: +745
« Reply #6: August 21, 2014, 06:03:46 AM »
Not sure what it would do to your business model but I would make payments due before adds are run.  Sounds like you had a deposit so they should have been cut off when that was up and no payment received.  Since the "goods you sell" are more service related, payment is usually made at the time the service is rendered.  In this case before the month of advertising is done by SR.  Just my 2 cents as an accountant.
"I don't have bad days.  I have good days and great days." - Lance Armstrong
Proverbs 3:5-8
Luke 9:23-26
Luke 12:34
Romans 8:5-8
Galatians 5:22-25

Frankiemusc
Locker Roommates
« Reply #7: August 21, 2014, 06:14:43 AM »
Just another thought, you may want to add a disclosure on ur in invoices.

Indicate if the invoice is sent for collection/legal, as a result of non-payment of the agreed terms, you will pass those costs along to the business as well.

This is something ur lawyer will have to advise on, in regards to the terminology stated.

Admin_
Administrator
« Reply #8: August 21, 2014, 09:28:05 AM »
Not sure what it would do to your business model but I would make payments due before adds are run.  Sounds like you had a deposit so they should have been cut off when that was up and no payment received.  Since the "goods you sell" are more service related, payment is usually made at the time the service is rendered.  In this case before the month of advertising is done by SR.  Just my 2 cents as an accountant.

The problem with the advertising we sell to retailers is that we don't know how much they will end up receiving each month, so we don't know the total price until the end of the month.  We will be switching to a credit model where your ads stop running immediately when you run out of credits, and there is some sort of auto-renew process with the credits as well.

Just another thought, you may want to add a disclosure on ur in invoices.

Indicate if the invoice is sent for collection/legal, as a result of non-payment of the agreed terms, you will pass those costs along to the business as well.

This is something ur lawyer will have to advise on, in regards to the terminology stated.

Actually a great idea.  Also I could include a warning about public shaming if you try to rip us off.
- Tommy

bosox516
Rep: +1,877
Locker Roommates
« Reply #9: August 21, 2014, 09:30:48 AM »
What a jackass  ::) It's a shame that a man's word, even in writing, isn't good anymore. I hope this never happens to you guys again.

Maybe you should start incurring interest charges for unpaid accounts, proportional to the amount of revenue the ads generate for the company.

McGilla
Rep: +1,283
Locker Roommates
« Reply #10: August 21, 2014, 10:39:49 AM »

Meh, the supplement industry is very much a "here today, gone tomorrow" place in terms of product placement and profits. What amazes me is companys paying for advertisement and sponsorships but not utilizing them on here.

Nutrexpert
Rep: +572
« Reply #11: August 21, 2014, 03:09:52 PM »
Times when I wish public Stoning was all good in the hood...

Seems a little harsh, don't you think?
I don't even lift bro.

Frankiemusc
Locker Roommates
« Reply #12: August 21, 2014, 03:55:35 PM »
Seems a little harsh, don't you think?

Excuse Reinger, he thought he was posting on his white supremecy site

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!