Read 4283 times

irondude
Rep: +1,197
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
Carb cycling calculator « : May 08, 2014, 05:52:41 PM »
"All roads lead to Rome"
Civilize the mind, but make savage the body

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

sdunlimited
Rep: +2,012
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: May 09, 2014, 04:35:55 AM »
Since the links aren't auto-parsing any more, here's a click-able one:

http://leangainsguide.com/carb-cycling-calculator/

;)

BTW - that link is definitely worth clicking through if you want EVERYTHING mapped out for you for hi/lo carb meals.  Plug in your info and it'll tell you how many meals to have, what to have at each meal, how much of each ingredient, etc. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:40:14 AM by sdunlimited »

levyii
Rep: +30
Trust: 51%
« Reply #2: May 10, 2014, 12:12:25 PM »
I only have one concern and maybe you can help me with this. It said to maintain my weight at 123 I need to eat 2277 calories, seems a bit much for someone my size at 5'1. I want to cut down to 115 so I imagine it would be ok to type in the goal weight as my weight and eat based off that? Which still says to eat 2217 to maintain weight.....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:14:28 PM by levyii »
NuLivScience Sponsored Athlete
Use Code tnt25 for 25% off on the websites below
www.getastragin.com
www.actigin.com

sdunlimited
Locker Roommates
« Reply #3: May 10, 2014, 04:18:40 PM »
I only have one concern and maybe you can help me with this. It said to maintain my weight at 123 I need to eat 2277 calories, seems a bit much for someone my size at 5'1. I want to cut down to 115 so I imagine it would be ok to type in the goal weight as my weight and eat based off that? Which still says to eat 2217 to maintain weight.....

I agree with you that the 2277 is way too high for you to maintain 123lbs.  I can maintain ~180lbs at 2277cals/day while working out but no additional cardio. 
In your other thread you mentioned you were at a certain calorie level (can't recall that number right now) and I'd use that as a starting point.  If you're maintaining your current weight with the calories you're consuming now and the activity level you have, then adjustments can be made from there.  The adjustments are near endless based on what you can stick to best and what works best for you:

- Add more protein, decrease carbs
- Lower calories
- Add more/additional cardio
- Change up the cardio you're doing
- Try fasted HIIT cardio upon waking
- Taper carbs into the evening
- Cycle carbs 2 to 3 days low (30g or less), 1 day high (or just one big carb up meal at the end of the 3rd day)
- Randomly adjust your daily calorie intake - for example, day 1 at 1200, day 2 at 1500, day three at 1000, etc
- Try or look into Intermittent Fasting (IF)
- Try or look into Carb Back Loading (CBL)
- and on and on and on

There are so many different ways to change things up it can be hard to find a place to start. 

Hope this helps a little anyway

levyii
« Reply #4: May 10, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »
I agree with you that the 2277 is way too high for you to maintain 123lbs.  I can maintain ~180lbs at 2277cals/day while working out but no additional cardio. 
In your other thread you mentioned you were at a certain calorie level (can't recall that number right now) and I'd use that as a starting point.  If you're maintaining your current weight with the calories you're consuming now and the activity level you have, then adjustments can be made from there.  The adjustments are near endless based on what you can stick to best and what works best for you:

- Lower calories
- Cycle carbs 2 to 3 days low (30g or less), 1 day high (or just one big carb up meal at the end of the 3rd day)
- Randomly adjust your daily calorie intake - for example, day 1 at 1200, day 2 at 1500, day three at 1000, etc
- and on and on and on

There are so many different ways to change things up it can be hard to find a place to start. 

It helps a lot! I redid the calculations based on 115 which is my target weight. It says 1500 for low carb days and 1800 for high carb days. Does this sound more accurate based on 3-5 days a week in the gym for 1-2 hours each time?
www.getastragin.com
www.actigin.com

sdunlimited
Locker Roommates
« Reply #5: May 10, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »
It helps a lot! I redid the calculations based on 115 which is my target weight. It says 1500 for low carb days and 1800 for high carb days. Does this sound more accurate based on 3-5 days a week in the gym for 1-2 hours each time?

Honestly that's really hard to say and I'd defer to your knowledge of how your body handles certain foods and the intensity you're putting forth in the gym. 
The calculators often put me in the 2,500-3,000cal/day range which I find to be way too high.  Even at 2,500cals/day I need to be burning a minimum of ~300cals with cardio on top of lifting to maintain.  I can run anywhere from 1,750 - 2,100cals/day comfortably without worrying about putting on fat.  Add some fasted HIIT cardio to that and results start to show every couple of days.
It's definitely a very individual thing and the calculators are just there to help point us in the right direction.  I'd recommend experimenting a bit with several things mentioned above for a week or two at a time while staying near your current calorie intake.  You'll be able to judge pretty quickly if you're holding water, leaning out, dropping weight too fast, not have enough energy, etc.

levyii
« Reply #6: May 10, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »
Honestly that's really hard to say and I'd defer to your knowledge of how your body handles certain foods and the intensity you're putting forth in the gym. 
The calculators often put me in the 2,500-3,000cal/day range which I find to be way too high.  Even at 2,500cals/day I need to be burning a minimum of ~300cals with cardio on top of lifting to maintain.  I can run anywhere from 1,750 - 2,100cals/day comfortably without worrying about putting on fat.  Add some fasted HIIT cardio to that and results start to show every couple of days.
It's definitely a very individual thing and the calculators are just there to help point us in the right direction.  I'd recommend experimenting a bit with several things mentioned above for a week or two at a time while staying near your current calorie intake.  You'll be able to judge pretty quickly if you're holding water, leaning out, dropping weight too fast, not have enough energy, etc.

Solid advice. I changed the calories to reflect a little closer than my current at the moment. It's my first time doing carb cycling so we will see how it goes. I'm exited to see if it makes a difference at all.
www.getastragin.com
www.actigin.com

irondude
Rep: +1,197
Locker Roommates
« Reply #7: May 10, 2014, 09:47:31 PM »

- Lower calories
- and on and on and on

Takung notes !!! 8)
"All roads lead to Rome"
Civilize the mind, but make savage the body

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,093
Locker Roommates
« Reply #8: May 08, 2019, 08:33:41 AM »
we exercise, we don't write papers.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!