How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Time to log - 2017 - Onwards and upwards

Read 129455 times

davidian
Rep: +1,049
Trust: 100%
« Reply #30: March 26, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »
Rest day today so I thought i'd throw together some thoughts on the supps i'm taking at the moment.

BioGro - Doing it's job, helping with DOMS. I know a lot of people commented that they thought this product got better the more you used it, but I am not really seeing that. It's stayed the same to be honest. Maybe I am just used to it and am pushing myself further because I know it will aid my recovery, maybe my body has gotten used to it. Whatever it is, after 3 months on BioGro I think after this tub I will switch to another recovery product to see how it compares, then go back to BioGro to see if I get results again. Hopefully my RCSS Resurrect PM arrives soon and I can give that a log.

PWOS

PWR - This has been the good oil once again. Next to SX3 it's my favourite concentrated PWO. I am still using the 1,3DMAA version, and that's probably got a bit to do with it, but this stuff just rocks. What sets it apart from SX3 is that I can get to sleep OK at night. I normally take this abotu 5pm then go workout and head to bed around 10:30-11. With SX3 it can take a little while to get to sleep and I can feel a little restless, but PWR is excellent. I just zonk out and sleep like a baby (the Osta and Noopept helps with this too).

Speed X3 - Similar results in the gym to PWR, I like to mix up the stimulants to make sure I get full effectiveness out of the products. The only downer on this one i've explained above, sometimes it can keep me wired for a while into the night and make it harder to get to sleep. I'm not talking up for hours harder, just an extra 10-15 minutes to fall asleep.

Osta RX - Feeling really happy with this. Great mood, good recovery, great pumps, muscles that stay full all the time and up until now no headache, although I still think it's coming. Cant fault this product at all. Up to 210.55lbs, a great increase in a week and a half, although I believe a bit of that is water weight. Still, I am only running 2700-2800cal/day, which is a little below maintenance for me, and still putting on weight.

Noopept - Again already getting excellent results from this. Probably the best thing stacking this with Osta is that when my alarm goes off I am dead asleep then literally 30 seconds later I am wide awake and already processing thoughts of what I need to prepare for the day at work/gym. Clear thoughts right from the outset, I know people have suggested it can take a week or so to build up and start working, but I noticed it from the start. I am really happy I chose to give this one a go in this stack. No sides at the moment.

davidian
« Reply #31: March 27, 2014, 02:26:47 PM »
Quick update - Started to get a little pressure headache yesterday, which I thought may be the Osta kicking in, but it went away after a few hours. Not sure if it was the Osta or the stress I was feeling having my cars gearbox blow up in peak hour traffic and needing to be towed. Anyway, I did have a think about it, and at the moment I am taking the Osta in 3 doses spread over the day, as opposed to 3 pills once a day, and maybe this is why I am not feeling the headache just yet?

Back and Bis night tonight, pretty much my favourite workout.

davidian
« Reply #32: April 04, 2014, 06:26:01 PM »
Alright, apologies for not updating this for a while, been flat out at work/life and thought it was better to just train than to worry about updating posts. So my training is going good, weights are going up pretty easy every week. I'm into my 3rd week of this stack and feeling pretty good. Best of all seems to be the recovery aspect. I normally sleep really light but since starting this stack I am sleeping deep and having crazy dreams and waking up right on my alarm, sometimes after. This gives my body a proper rest and I am seeing the results but in life and in the gym. Just more energetic and more motivation to do anything pretty much.

So as for the supps themselves, well i've felt the Noopept working from Day 1 and it continues to do what it's claimed to do. Clear thoughts, good process orientation but best of all the decision making process in terms of what to do in what order for maximum efficiency is what I am enjoying the most. Yeah sure this is not at the gym this is at work and general life, but surely that sort of thinking helps in the gym, even if i dont directly notice it at the time. I tend to normally forget trivial things, like if I go to the shops and my missus asks me to get an extra litre of milk for example, that will be the 1 thing I forget because I didnt write it down or it was a last-minute thing. Well since i've been on noopept I am remembering those sorts of things most, if not all the time.

Osta has been great. Great pumps, like rivalling Dpol kind of thing, really full look all the time and good energy to keep on going through a session. I am getting much sorer but that I believe is because I am working heaps harder, doing more drop sets and supersets, general pushing yourself hard kind of thing. With just over a week left of my first bottle I am keen to see this continue for the next 4 weeks.

So I have been having a little issue with my hip flexor, it's been a pain for me since I popped my QL muscle skiing in January and hasnt really recovered. Well last week I ebay'd a spiky ball for like $5 and it came pretty quickly and man does it work. My physio told me I should give it a go and it's really good, better than the foam roller, for getting into those little spots like a hip flexor. Dont get me wrong I love my foam roller, but for hips and I reckon it would be good for anterior shoulder work, the spiky ball is king.

Alright gotta run, deadlift day.

davidian
« Reply #33: April 11, 2014, 06:46:49 PM »
Not much to log here in the past week, which is good because workouts are going good, I am adding more reps, more weight and more sets to each workout every time. I've cut down my calories to anywhere between 2500-2700/day, which is really low for me, and still maintaining my weight and not feeling drained or like I am not eating enough protein/carbs to recover properly. Almost out of BioGro which is good because the Resurrect PM should be arriving soon, it will be good to try something else after running BioGro since December. I'm back squatting over 330 for 4-6 reps, deadlifting 440lbs for a couple of reps, so I am happy with my figures for the moment.

I never really got a headache from the Osta, it would come on for an hour or so and then go away, not like the weeklong one people have reported. I am going to need a stim break soon though, I am on 1.5 scoops of SX3, which is a lot for me, and i'm feeling a little bit sick rather than feeling charged and ready to go. When i switch to PWR I feel much better though, but it is time soon to be off stims for a month to give my body a break.

Going to punch out a big hamstring and calf day today and see if I can get that deadlift >450 and close to 500 again.

davidian
« Reply #34: April 15, 2014, 08:23:18 PM »
Big leg workout yesterday, focusing on quads. Ended up squatted 350 x 4 on my own then put it up and did 375 x 4, but they were not as deep or as clean as I would like. Not too worried though, i've increased my max squat by around 20lbs a week for the past 3 week, you cant be disappointed with that. After building up high on squats I did some front squats for reps then contractions and finished off with numerous sets of >15 reps on the leg press and leg ext. I'll be close to 400lbs next week if this keeps up.

Legs are deadset shat today though, but it was worth it.

davidian
« Reply #35: April 22, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »
Working on a de-load this week, which has come at the right time as I can feel my CNS and joints a little stressed, and being the easter break and ANZAC Day (our version of your patriots day I guess) this week it's full of holidays, bad food and most importantly a closed gym on some days. I decided to run 60-70% of 1RM on my major lifts and try to punch out 10+ reps per sets for 3-4 sets, then move to isolation exercises and work on 15+ reps, but really just going until i'm dead. And it's worked, i'm completely stuffed after each session. I have chest/calves to go today, then back into the heavy stuff again.

I've found with the increase volume in my training i'm craving more carbs more often, and having to adjust my diet. As such i've had a little jump in weight this week, from 209lbs to 210.76lbs last night. Quite happy with this as I am still eating below maintenance calories, putting on weight, not losing strength and losing some fat. The l-dopa in the Osta is ensuring I get a great nights sleep, and the Noopept wakes me up refreshed and ready to go through the day.

I've run out of BioGro so for the past 2 weeks i've been using 15g/day of bulk 8:1:1 BCAA's, and I havent really noticed a difference in my recovery to be honest. Maybe I was on BioGro for so long (>3 months) it wasnt effective anymore?

Anyway, I have 3 weeks of Osta/Noopept left, then I am just organizing my next stack, which will be a DAA-based sort of PCT after the Osta for around 8 weeks, before I jump back on to the Osta. I'm looking at running Dpol + Endosurge turbo for 4 weeks, then TX-3 + Endosurge Turbo for the next 4 weeks and see how that goes. 

davidian
« Reply #36: April 23, 2014, 03:01:46 PM »
My deload week is over, time to get back into lifting heavy again, starting later today or tomorrow. 3 odd weeks left on this stack it's time to push for even more results.

brenth6112
Rep: +1,338
Locker Roommates
« Reply #37: April 23, 2014, 03:10:24 PM »
A deload is like the calm before the storm. Make that poo thunder.
CFT by ISSA
USPA 181 Powerlifter
Squat-475(gym) 462(meet)
Bench-325(gym) 302.5(meet)
Deadlift-525(gym) 500.5(meet)
Total-1325(gym) 1265(meet)

davidian
« Reply #38: April 23, 2014, 05:24:01 PM »
Well in the 4 weeks before id increased my squat weight by 20lb/week, which was pretty incredible (although I was coming back from a hip injury too). I didnt want to continue to push it, so I thought half way through my osta stack id take a week as a deload doing 60-70% of 1RM and pump 4 sets of as many reps as I could, then get back into and unleash hell.

brenth6112
Rep: +1,338
Locker Roommates
« Reply #39: April 23, 2014, 08:54:34 PM »
Just give the body what it wants and it will reward you. Good job dude I hope the progression is continuous.
CFT by ISSA
USPA 181 Powerlifter
Squat-475(gym) 462(meet)
Bench-325(gym) 302.5(meet)
Deadlift-525(gym) 500.5(meet)
Total-1325(gym) 1265(meet)

davidian
« Reply #40: April 26, 2014, 01:59:19 AM »
Not a great deadlift day today, got to 370 and did a double but it didnt feel good, and with my hip issues I decided to leave the heavy weights after that. Ended up having a good hammy workout and threw some solid ab work in there afterwards, along with a bit of a bike ride to finish off. I've been on the foam roller and spiky ball since I came home to try and loosen out that hip that tightened up doing deads, so far so good but I reckon ill be sore when I wake up tomorrow.

So i've got 3 weeks left on this stack, so it's time to buy up for the next one. Orders placed today for 8 weeks of DAA based natty stack goodness, then another 8 weeks on the Ostabol this time, to see how that stacks up vs. the Osta RX. It doesnt look like i'll see those RCSS supps so I can rule them out of the equation, which is a shame because I was really looking forward to them.

Tomorrow i'll need to work in a shoulders/tris workout on what is normally my rest day, due to work commitments interstate on Monday. While it's always good to mix it up i'm not sure how my body will take it, seeing my chest is still a little bit sore as it is. We'll find out I guess.

davidian
« Reply #41: April 29, 2014, 02:58:37 AM »
Quick update. Squatted 180kg, or 396lbs x 3 tonight. Felt beast. That is all.

Keep killing it everyone!

davidian
« Reply #42: May 13, 2014, 03:24:02 PM »
New supps are here :) Took a dose of Alphamine with my morning green tea, keen to see how this goes after all the hype, hopefully it works for me.

Next 8 weeks look like this:

Week 1 - Finish off a couple of days of Noopept and Osta RX
Weeks 1-4 - Dpol + Endosurge Turbo
Weeks 5-8 - TX3 + Endosurge Turbo

I'll use the Alphamine as both a thermo and PWO for as long as I like the effects, switching back to SX3 and PWR when I feel the need. After these 8 weeks i'm back on Ostarine, this time using Celtic Labs Ostabol + bulk L-Dopa + Noopept.

I reckon the next 8 weeks will be maintenance (so 3000cal/day), targeting my waist for fat burning but trying to keep the weights and strength up. I am not taking any 'recovery' products at the moment (no BioGro or BCAAs) as I feel I need a break from them after months on, so carbs from food will be vital to ensure I recover from my workouts.

Hopefully I will get some more time away from work to write in this journal more often, apologies for not putting updates up more often i'll do my best from now on.

I will put together a final report on my Osta cycle, but from here it looks like about a 7lb weight gain, loss of BF%, weight/rep increases pretty much all around the board and I was finding new cuts in my muscles pretty much every week. Without a doubt the best stack i've run to date. Combined with strict training and leaving the ego at home, 2014 has been the best year of my lifting years by far, and we're only half way through May.

davidian
« Reply #43: May 14, 2014, 03:06:35 PM »
396 x 4 for squats yesterday, but didnt feel the absolute best. Having said that I could have pushed >400 if I wasnt such a cat, but it would only have been for 1 set so I decided to leave it.

Having to swap my days around and do back/tris today, followed by chest/calves tomorrow. A bit of change isnt going to kill me though, so not too worried. Supp plan for today:

Morning:
- 2x Endosurge Turbo
- 1 x Osta RA
- 1 x Noopept
- 1 scoop Alphamine
- 1 big mug Japanese green tea

Midday:
- 1 x Osta RX
- 1 x Noopept

1 hour before workout:
- 1 x Osta RX
- 1 x Noopept

PWO:
- 1 scoop Alphamine
- 3 x Dpol
- 5g Creapure
- 2 x Endosurge Turbo

Before Bed:
- 2 x Endosurge Turbo

Does this look alright? I am using up the end of the Osta/Noopept, hence the massive amount of supps, but I am trying to spread all my doses so there's as little competition for pickup when I take them.

Workout plan for tonight:

BACK

Seated cable row - Probably pyramid this up, 6-7 sets total with the last 3 sets being in the 5-7 rep range
Bentover Rows - Go heavy here for 4-5 sets of 5odd reps
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown - Pyramid down here from 3-5 reps (heavy) on the first few sets, to the last sets being 10+ reps, probably 6-7 sets in total
T-Bar Row - 4odd sets of 10+ reps
A burnout exercise, something like single arm cable pulldowns or reverse grip lat pulldown negatives, something light and 15-20 reps kinda thing

TRIS

A rope exercise - 5-6 sets pyramid up to 6-8 reps in the final 3 sets
A triangle/straight bar exercise - 4 sets around 8 reps, as heavy as I can go to get those reps
An isolation exercise - Something like kickbacks or single arm cross-overs, 3 sets, 15+ reps

Cheers for reading.

davidian
« Reply #44: May 15, 2014, 03:09:04 PM »
Back and tris were good, tris are already sore this morning which means it's been a good workout. Copped a knock to my right lat towards the end of the workout (OK I ran into one of the handlebars on the cable crossovers as I was walking past, d'oh) which has bruised up a bit this morning and is sore, but I can deal with that.

Just a couple of notes on my supps at the moment. The Alphamine is great in the morning, warming me up and getting me going, but when I take the second scoop PWO I feel a little bit disinterested during my workout. I've been on SX3 and PWR in the previous 2 months, so maybe it's just the change? The last 2 workouts though i've been a bit meh during them, no tunnel-vision and I have to push myself a little harder to get the work done. I'll give it another week or so to see how it goes before I pass full judgment, but it's something i'm finding a bit different. Perhaps I need to take it earlier (taking it about 30mins before workout) to allow it to work properly?

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!