Forum

Flex it Nutrition Reps posting reviews.

Read 10684 times

Admin_
Rep: +4,815
Trust: 100%
Administrator
Flex it Nutrition Reps posting reviews. « : January 26, 2014, 12:43:05 PM »
http://supplementreviews.com/retailers/flex-it-nutrition - The community noticed nothing but one-hitter-quitter 10/10 low-quality reviews.  Credit to MuscleCow for uncovering some promotions on their facebook page: http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=25416.msg387243#msg387243

One of the one-hitter-quitters was: http://supplementreviews.com/users/bostonbran - Did some digging around and found a few facebook posts between he and the Flex is Nutrition page.  See the attached screenshots.  The picture of this guy at the gym is actually the same picture he used as an avatar for his account here.

You can see him call the owner of flex it his "friend".  He also identifies himself as a customer/rep, and the flex it owner is talking about promotions within the company.  Our rules clearly state that you may not post a review if you are affiliated, a rep, or even a friend of the owner.

We found and deleted several accounts like this one.

Clyde King is the guy who posted reviews on our site, and Chris De Silvia is the owner of the company.

Oh, and to clarify: January 24th, there were 4 reviews posted for this company, all with 10/10 across the board.  6 Reviews were posted on 10/9/2013 and 10/10/2013 - Clearly not organic reviews appear.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:56:32 PM by admin »
- Tommy

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

Blade410
Rep: +4,244
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: January 26, 2014, 12:46:06 PM »
Boom
That which does not kill me, makes me stronger!

You have to fall in love with the pain if you ever want to say hello to the growth.

WarMachine
Rep: +8,107
Locker Roommates
« Reply #2: January 26, 2014, 01:14:07 PM »
Any human can train with iron, but it takes a machine to destroy the iron

You don't need to be an ABSOLUTE FREAK in order to be strong, you need to work ABSOLUTELY FREAKING hard to become strong

Embrace the hate from others and make that your power to achieve the gains you love

MuscleCow
Rep: +629
« Reply #3: January 27, 2014, 11:32:25 AM »
:)
Subscribe to my YouTube channel (Starting soon):
youtube.com/user/TheMuscleCow
|More reviews|Supplement First Impressions|Advice|Q&A|Nutrition|Training|Random Videos|

Friend request or follow me:
instagram.com/muscle_cow
facebook.com/MuscleCow     <-I enter a lot of giveaways on FB ;)

MuscleCow
« Reply #4: January 27, 2014, 12:01:18 PM »
Also, they just posted another 'happy customer' facebook post from Ari Taube:

https://www.facebook.com/flexitnutrition/posts/10152096061491749?notif_t=notify_me

Then looking on the owner's profile, I found him promoting a company called Mini Pops:

https://www.facebook.com/chris.desilva.520/posts/10152092265401749

And Mini Pops is affiliated with Ari Taube and Elegant Oils (another company owned by Ari Taube):

http://www.elegantoils.com/about-us/
http://www.myminipops.com/aris-story/

Watch out for more false reviews coming! lol
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:04:12 PM by MuscleCow »
|More reviews|Supplement First Impressions|Advice|Q&A|Nutrition|Training|Random Videos|

instagram.com/muscle_cow

MuscleCow
« Reply #5: January 27, 2014, 12:35:09 PM »
Also, they just posted another 'happy customer' facebook post from Ari Taube:

https://www.facebook.com/flexitnutrition/posts/10152096061491749?notif_t=notify_me

Then looking on the owner's profile, I found him promoting a company called Mini Pops:

https://www.facebook.com/chris.desilva.520/posts/10152092265401749

And Mini Pops is affiliated with Ari Taube and Elegant Oils (another company owned by Ari Taube):

http://www.elegantoils.com/about-us/
http://www.myminipops.com/aris-story/

Watch out for more false reviews coming! lol

Just noticed the review on the front page from user "ataube439"

BOOM HEADSHOT THAT GUY!

instagram.com/muscle_cow

flexit
Rep: 0
Trust: 0%
« Reply #6: January 29, 2014, 09:40:03 AM »
Hey guys, this is Chris - Owner of Flex it Nutrition.  I just noticed this thread when I noticed some reviews under review/deleted.  I am really sorry for any Supplementreviews.com rules I have violated and I wasn't aware of all of them, especially being friends on Facebook.  I was not going to reply, but after logging off of Supplement reviews for 2 hours and having this sink in my head, it really bothered me so I just wanted to give you my input.  The part that really bothered me about this thread is "watch out for more false reviews"  and same person said "boom headshot that guy".  It does feel like this person doesn't like me for a reason.  Anyways here is a little about my company:
    I have become a personable person in my business and take pride in my hard work and company.  I strive on 100% perfection and nothing less.  Surprisingly I have built a solid fan base of some hardcore loyal fans that I have not met in person but have developed an awesome relationship with these people.  I can't tell you how many people send me personal messages, call my cell phone, or send me public messages on recommendations on what products to try or even what workouts to do based on their goals.  I don't just sell people products, I actually care about the people.  So I ask them questions before selling them a product, lots of questions.    Sorry to get off subject here, but my point is, I think from these simple steps I take to helping my customers, is gaining a lot of respect.  So people trust me.  Some of these people are so appreciated of what I do for them, they ask me if they can do anything for me to let them know.  So I tell them, leave product reviews, post pic's of your orders, and now more recently leave a review for me on Supplementreivews.com, since I am now so excited to be on this site - last thing I want to do is get banned from this site.  But please don't try insulting me of false reviews.
    Yes a couple of my friends left reviews - sorry, I know they are just trying to be my friends to help me out, then I would try to return a favor, like one owned a popcorn factory. So I gave him a recommendation - now looking at this, I can see how someone might pull a red flag on this person. 
            Last thing I want is to get a bad name in the industry.  I am a young company that has been around for just less than 2 years now.  I am the only owner and employee of this company at this time. I don't have any board reps or sponsors like almost everyone else has.  I let my band speak for it self. 
So please work with me on this matter so we can all clear this up.  I have no hard feeling to anyone in this thread.  It comes down to some policies were broken and so it's time to man up and correct this. 
I hope everyone can understand my side so it's not just an attack on me or me attacking anyone on here, because it's not about that...It's about me learning your policies and adjusting to them.   

Chris De Silva
Owner
Flex it Nutrition

garlick
Rep: +3,161
Locker Roommates
« Reply #7: January 29, 2014, 09:48:23 AM »
Flexit, I wouldn't take the boom headshots personally at all. It's more an inside joke for members and how the board moderators joke about finding violators of policy.

It really isn't anything that's directed to you specifically, and is more a bad analogy of video game play and the generation that plays them.

I would start by adding your title to your signature, as that's required that you identify this way, that you're an owner of the company.

There have been companies before that have violated the rules to begin, or had member's of the team that have done this, but have redeemed themselves by being involved in the community.

I personally hope you stick around, and if you can keep your nose clean, I am more than interested in learning about the products you're offering.

flexit
« Reply #8: January 29, 2014, 10:04:01 AM »
Thank you Garlick for your kind words and advice.  I am going to find out how to add a signature now...not sure if I know how to.  Here is an example of what just happened on my twitter account and this person just sent me a friend request on my personal FB page because we were talking back in forth through emails on a product suitable for this person.  A new solid customer I have that will probably be with me for a while now because of the 20 minutes I spent through emails with this person:

@FlexItNutrition ROCKS!
If u r not ordering your supps from here you should really re-think your whole life's choices!

PS- I am going to keep my nose clean for sure.  I love these forums and supplement reviews. 
Chris De Silva
Owner
Flex it Nutrition

flexit
« Reply #9: January 29, 2014, 10:14:15 AM »
is this signature legal??
Chris De Silva
Owner
Flex it Nutrition

garlick
Rep: +3,161
Locker Roommates
« Reply #10: January 29, 2014, 10:15:48 AM »

flexit
« Reply #11: January 29, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »
Garlick you rock bro.  thank you for all your help!
Chris De Silva
Owner
Flex it Nutrition

Blade410
Rep: +4,244
Locker Roommates
« Reply #12: January 29, 2014, 10:44:06 AM »
is this signature legal??

Yes...

As Garlick mentioned, the site rules and rep rules are important to read.  Thanks
That which does not kill me, makes me stronger!

You have to fall in love with the pain if you ever want to say hello to the growth.

MuscleCow
« Reply #13: January 29, 2014, 02:03:49 PM »
Hey guys, this is Chris - Owner of Flex it Nutrition.  I just noticed this thread when I noticed some reviews under review/deleted.  I am really sorry for any Supplementreviews.com rules I have violated and I wasn't aware of all of them, especially being friends on Facebook.  I was not going to reply, but after logging off of Supplement reviews for 2 hours and having this sink in my head, it really bothered me so I just wanted to give you my input.  The part that really bothered me about this thread is "watch out for more false reviews"  and same person said "boom headshot that guy".  It does feel like this person doesn't like me for a reason.  Anyways here is a little about my company:
    I have become a personable person in my business and take pride in my hard work and company.  I strive on 100% perfection and nothing less.  Surprisingly I have built a solid fan base of some hardcore loyal fans that I have not met in person but have developed an awesome relationship with these people.  I can't tell you how many people send me personal messages, call my cell phone, or send me public messages on recommendations on what products to try or even what workouts to do based on their goals.  I don't just sell people products, I actually care about the people.  So I ask them questions before selling them a product, lots of questions.    Sorry to get off subject here, but my point is, I think from these simple steps I take to helping my customers, is gaining a lot of respect.  So people trust me.  Some of these people are so appreciated of what I do for them, they ask me if they can do anything for me to let them know.  So I tell them, leave product reviews, post pic's of your orders, and now more recently leave a review for me on Supplementreivews.com, since I am now so excited to be on this site - last thing I want to do is get banned from this site.  But please don't try insulting me of false reviews.
    Yes a couple of my friends left reviews - sorry, I know they are just trying to be my friends to help me out, then I would try to return a favor, like one owned a popcorn factory. So I gave him a recommendation - now looking at this, I can see how someone might pull a red flag on this person. 
            Last thing I want is to get a bad name in the industry.  I am a young company that has been around for just less than 2 years now.  I am the only owner and employee of this company at this time. I don't have any board reps or sponsors like almost everyone else has.  I let my band speak for it self. 
So please work with me on this matter so we can all clear this up.  I have no hard feeling to anyone in this thread.  It comes down to some policies were broken and so it's time to man up and correct this. 
I hope everyone can understand my side so it's not just an attack on me or me attacking anyone on here, because it's not about that...It's about me learning your policies and adjusting to them.   

Hey Chris/Flexit,

I do not have anything against you personally at all, sorry you interpreted it that way as that was not my intentions.  As Garlick mentioned (thank you Garlick), the 'boom headshot' is an inside joke thing, nothing more.

I was only doing my due diligence as a regular member for the site as I truly respect this place, and I love that fact that they thrive off of 'completely unbiased reviews'... so I wanted to do some investigating as when 4 or more reviews pop up in a row for the same product/company giving it straight 10's, it definitely raises a red flag.  That is when I creeped around FB and made some connections.

Yes I follow you guys on FB, as I did want to try out your e-store sometime so I could give some feedback on it myself, as all of the reviews that have came in for your site are from people who have registered, posted a straight 10s review the same day and then never returned - which does not look good either. 

I do hope you stick around here and that no more reps/personal friends/affiliates come and post reviews for you, but rather real customers... as you seem like a down to earth guy and I truly hope your business continues to grow.

Here is to a clean slate my friend,
Cheers.

instagram.com/muscle_cow

Admin_
Rep: +4,815
Administrator
« Reply #14: January 29, 2014, 04:22:49 PM »
I almost felt sorry for you reading that, but then I remembered our email exchange that we had in October...

10/9/2013:
Who is Jeremie Mclaughlin?  These one-hitter-quitter perfect reviews for your store are making the community very suspicious.

10/9/2013:
Hello, he's a regular customer...I don't want my site to be suspicious, is it not a good idea to post on FB to have my customers do a review??  Please let me know so I know how to handle.
     Thank you,
    Chris De Silva

10/9/2013:
A lot of times, asking people directly to do a review isn't the best of ideas, especially when first getting onto the site. It results in a flood of reviews that looks suspicious (as is happening now). Also, if people do post reviews, keep in mind that it also looks suspicious when there is a flood of 9/10 reviews.

Does that make sense?

10/9/2013:
I understand thank you for your time. Please just let me know if anything else pops up suspicious this is the last thing I would ever want.

So I tell them, leave product reviews, post pic's of your orders, and now more recently leave a review for me on Supplementreivews.com, since I am now so excited to be on this site - last thing I want to do is get banned from this site.  But please don't try insulting me of false reviews.

Sooooo..... Didn't we already talk about this practice?
- Tommy

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!