Cam and Moose a.k.a. Pain and Gain with a mix of ER suppz

deumcole
Posts: 12672
« Reply #330: November 25, 2013, 06:48:26 AM »
Front squat bar ???
"A government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
- Thomas Jefferson

Violence, is forever.
Your silence, forced this war.

« Reply #331: November 25, 2013, 07:18:04 AM »
I'll take a pick of it today. Honestly I'm not sure how much I I will use it. Heavier I go, more it hurts to get in/out of.

« Reply #332: December 09, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »
Sup Guys! Long time no post! At least in here lol. With the holidays upon us and working nights my log unfortunately has suffered. In the span of these 2wks I have finished up my RCSS products (excluding beta-stim). I was set to get King Mass but there has been issues with that so if I don't its not biggie. I also ordered some goodies from NutraPlanet in AX's German Creapure Creatine (which I will start once I finish my run of God Nutrition's Crea-Trin), D-Pol Powdered version and FormaSurge (which I hear good things about). The latter I will start ASAP but I switched up my workout regimen.

The last 2wks of that program was brutal. I think my body and mind got bored with it and I lagged so last week switched things up to a traditional muscle building program. Every now and then I will tweak things and add some athletic lifts in there however. Last week I didn't post and pretty much used that week to get into the groove of things. NOW (baring work) I'll get back to my regularly scheduled logging.

Todays Workout:
Breakfast Homemade Gainer (Oats, whole milk, organic peanut butter, banana, yogurt, ice, half a protein bar since Im outta actual powder)

PWO - NitraFlex w/Astra-Gin and Crea-Trin 30min pwo

ActiGin- 5min Pre Cardio & Stretching

Goblet Squats 70x12, 85x10, 95x10

Leg Press Warm-up 8plates x 8reps, 8plates x 10reps, Working 10plates x 6 x 2

One Legged Hack Squat 2plates x 10reps per leg x 3sets (This is the same weight I had last week. I feel Im doing alright but Im not going deep enough. Im thinking about lowering the weight until I feel balanced and comfortable enough on this or just aborting this lift all together as Im not sure if bad positioning and consistency w/the lift could lead to a knee issue)

One Arm Barbell Suitcases 2 25lb plates 12reps each side, 2 35lb plates 12reps each side

Standing Leg Curl (Luv this lift) 2plates x 12reps for each leg

Calf Press on Leg Press Machine 8plates x 25reps, 10plates x 25reps, 10plates + added 50lbs x 17reps (rest pause), 12plates x 12reps (rest pause)

Seated Calf Raise 2 45s & 25s x 12reps, 4plates x 8 (felt awkward so I called it there)

Did some abs, rode the stationary bike for 5min then stretched lightly.

RichMyers
Posts: 8267
« Reply #333: December 11, 2013, 10:42:33 AM »

This also depends a great deal on the particular hack machine you are using.

Some are poorly designed knee killers, right from the start.
Most problems in lifting can be solved by either pulling harder, or pushing harder.

« Reply #334: December 11, 2013, 01:20:43 PM »
One Legged Hack Squat – 2plates x 10reps per leg x 3sets (This is the same weight I had last week. I feel I’m doing alright but I’m not going deep enough. I’m thinking about lowering the weight until I feel balanced and comfortable enough on this or just aborting this lift all together as I’m not sure if bad positioning and consistency w/the lift could lead to a knee issue)

This also depends a great deal on the particular hack machine you are using.

Some are poorly designed knee killers, right from the start.

Noted! I don't feel too comfortable on it. I may just drop that one and substitute it for something else.

Yesterday’s Workout

PWO – D-pol mixed w/NitraFlex & Creatine, Took AstraGin as directed.

Foam Rolled my bad shoulder which was feeling stiff due to the cold weather. Hit some bad spots but OMG once I got deep inside there (giggity) I felt a relief of pain that I hadn’t felt in quite some time. I plan on getting one last checkup in the upcoming weeks to see what is best for me long-term. Football seems good to go next year but I don’t want to destroy everything with one bad or awkward hit. Also something I’ve been thinking about doing for years is enlisting in the Marine Corp. If football doesn’t workout then that is my next option but obviously with the strenuous activity that is required I would need a fully functioning pec/shoulder doing that as well. More info on that in 2wks

Feet Elevated Pushups – 2sets of 20reps, 1set 15reps

Incline DB Press – 75 x 12, 90 x 8, 95 x 8 (felt good but not where I once was strength wise)

Cable Crossover ss Incline Crossover ss Decline Crosses – 2sets of each 12-15 reps (has always been a trouble exercise post injury as I feel I’m gonna tear something again on the extension)

Barbell Curl – 100 x 10, 90 x Failure, 70 x Failure

Hammer Curls – 65 x 6reps per arm (Form was a tad sloppy so I dropped the weight), 55 x 8rpa, 60 x 6rpa

High Cable Curls
Ss                                     - 2sets of 10reps per arm
Low Behind the Back Cable Curls

Today's Workout – Cardio

PWO – Metabolic BioShock w/AstraGin

The Snow we got melted for the most part and the arm still felt good to I did some full out sprints on the football field

Warm-up 240 yard jog (or completely down and back) in under 40sec

Did some dynamic warm-ups and High Knees, Butt Kicks, Side Shuffles, Carioka, High Jump Runs 15yards each down and back.

4 110yrd Sprints – Normally I shoot for 15sec or under but I took it easier on the field (and because I hate the cold wind blowing on me :-p) so I aimed for 18sec or under

4 Sprints at 20yrds – Starting Position is lying flat on my stomach (Get up as fast as I can & sprint

4 Sprints at 20 – Starting Position is lying flat on my back (Get up as fast as I can & sprint)

Drove to the gym

Heavy Ropes – 2sets Low Waves x 25sec, 1set High Waves x 25sec, 1set High Slams x 25sec

Speed Ladder Work – 2 in the box (4sets total, down & back leading w/each foot), Side Shuffle x 4sets leading with each foot, and some more advanced movements

Box Jumps – Warmup 24in x 5, 36in x 15, Kept going higher for reps of 5. Honestly idk how high I got but I definitely PR’d once I was finished

« Reply #335: December 15, 2013, 12:06:17 PM »
UPDATE TIME!

Thursdays Workout

Im on the fence about X-Factor Advanced. After reading some reviews on SNS X-Gels and the difference in dosing (being 1 cap prior to a meal on XFA and 4caps PWO for XGels) I decided to coast out the rest of my bottle by dosing it the way X-Gels are. I hate taking so much @ once becuz you really cant tell whats doing what so I had to tamper with it PWO
Homemade Gainer w/4caps XFA
15min later Nitraflex pwo mixed with D-pol Cream Custard

1mile run @ 7:49sec

!0min foamrolling & Stretching

Barbell Deadlift: Warmup 225x12, Working 315x10, 365x1, 405x5, 425x3 (Rest Pause), 435x2 (Rest Pause), 365xFailure (aprox 5reps)

Straight-Arm DB Pullover   35,45,50 x 12reps each       I already feel awkward doing these. That one hot chick that workouts, that every gym has happened to be working out by my area. I caught her looking quite a bit, With my thin sweat pants on and me making thrusting motions I bet I left little to the imagination lol.

T-Bar Row- 3-45plates x 12 reps, 3-45plates + 25plate x 6reps, stopped because it felt too easy so I replaced the 25 for another 45plate and did another 8reps.

Close Grip Lat Pulldown 180 x 12reps, 195x 8reps

Seated Cable Row 195 x 12reps, 210 x 10reps
Calf Press on Leg Machine 10plates x 12 reps, 12plates x Failure (Rest Pause and 15sec rest between sets) x 3 sets

Seated Calf Press  - 2sets x 12,10reps

Friday Workout

5min Elliptical
15min Stretching & Shoulder Pre-Hab

Single Arm Low Cable Pulley-To-Neck
Ss                                                                     2sets per exercise x 8reps
Single Arm High Cable Pulley-To Neck

Military Press: (Im Still super weak on this, its been about 11months since Ive done this consistently) Warmup The Bar x 15reps, 135 x 10, 145 x 8,  155 x 6

Seated Reverse Flyes 30 x 15 drop 25x10, 30 x 10 drop 20 x Failure drop 15 x Failure

Standing Side Lateral Raises 35 x 10, 40x 8, 32.5 x Failure (arpox 8reps)

I was pressed for time so I had I had to increase the reps and decrease my rest on these so I figured I would superset  normal and reverse
Light BB Shrug
Ss       185 x 15reps, 225 x 12reps, 250 x 12reps
Reverse Shurgs

Supplement Updates:

X-Factor Advanced: I definitely feel more of a pump dosing it 4pwo. Im still pretty lean despite putting on some weight. I do agree with Ron when he said that the overall pumps sometimes prohibit you from lifting heavy. I had a good day Thurs but the DOMS sometimes hurt my strength.

RCSS: Im finally done with everything except the Beta-Stim and MyoBlitz samples. Not sure if I already stated this (and Im too lazy to scroll up and read lol). Im sure SR is tired of reading The latest crop of  RCSS reviews and has a great idea of what to expect but Ill be throwing up yet anotha review once time allows.

I am almost done with my Crea Trin and have been taking my creatine mono alsothe scale and I feel my strength is slowly but surely startin to creep back up.

FormaSurge: Been playing around with the spots to apply this. I mainly stick with forearms then apply the 2nd dose either on my upper chest, inner biceps which I cant rub together like I can with the forearms; at night I will apply a dose on my quads or top of the feet since I know I wont be sweating there that late. Decent smell, too early to notice anything.

D-Pol Powder: Usually a hit or miss for me as most boosters are due to my age but the pump possibly thanks to the combination of this, NitraFlex, and XFA is pretty consistent and a welcome especially if it lasts to the point where I go to work

ron
Posts: 3668
« Reply #336: December 15, 2013, 12:28:03 PM »
Good stuff Cam.
had me laughing at the gawking gym hottie....
 ;D
The path of the righteous body builder is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the jealous and the tyranny of greedy supplement manufacturers. Blessed is he who, in the name of health and fitness, shepherds the weak through the valley of supplement darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper.

RichMyers
Posts: 8267
« Reply #337: December 15, 2013, 01:55:27 PM »
Made me laugh too.

« Reply #338: December 20, 2013, 12:28:41 AM »
So I went to the Doc today and he set me up with an orthopedist to give me one last opinion. Unfortunately I fall off my family plan on the 31st of this year so I will have to get things rolling asap.

Mondays Workout

Barbell Squat 225x10, 250x5, 275x5, 290x5, 315x5

Leg Press 8plates x 12reps, 10plates x 10reps, 12plates x 6reps

Calf Press on Leg Press Machine 12plates x 15reps, 14plates x failure (rest pause) x 3sets

One Arm Barbell Suitcase 125 x 12rpa, 135 x 10rpa

Standing Single Leg Curl 2-25lb plates x 12, 2-25lb plates + 10lbs x 12rpl

Seated Calf Raise 2sets x 12 reps

I love Leg Day on Monday. Everything is just so available lol.

Tuesdays Workout

Incline DB Bench Press 65 x 10, 75x10, 95x 6

Barbell Bench press 225x 10 (felt off so I quit and switched to 2sets of feet elevated pushups. Still felt off but much better than the barbell.)

Barbell Curls 90 x 10, 100x10, 60x 21s (7 low, 7up, 7Full)

Hammer Curls 60 x 8reps, 65 x 6, 55 x failure

Spider Curls 2sets x failure

Taking 4caps X-Factor Advanced PWO has been a game changer and my sweet spot. Too bad I found this out so late. This and my workout had me looking jacked and full

Wednesday Cardio

Eliptical 10min, Foam Rolling, Stretching, Heavy Rope, Speed Ladder and Box Jumps. PRd on Box Jumps again on what one of the personal trainers there called an insane jump. I tried to talk myself out of it except for the fact that he was there with two gals he was training. I couldnt back out then and I eventually nailed it another 3-4x. Im just tryna give myself a goal to aim for if I indeed do have to miss time from the gym.

Speaking of missing time today I got 2 shots which kicked in and made my arms feel off. I also got an HIV test so I got blood drawn. I tried to hit the gym and was able to hit Deads 225x12reps and 315x10. I got 100s (the heaviest DB this gym has) on one arm row but I wasnt feeling it. My energy and demeanor quickly sapped. After some disappointing Lat pulldowns, Straight-Arm Pullback and tricep kickbacks I decided to try again tomorrow.

Ill also get an update on what the orthopedist says

« Reply #339: December 26, 2013, 01:02:55 PM »
Hey guys, Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. I felt good this week before and after Christmas w/no hang over so Ill get a recap of this weeks workouts up. I also had a heart to heart w/my ex. I tried to rekindle that fire which worked for a while, but I didnt wanna chase her so I let up abit. Guess that bit me in the butt so I flat out honest asked her if she was seeing someone else becuz I sent her a small Christmas card / giftcard and she felt bad and said I really shouldnt have. Long story short she is now but wasnt at 1st. I get that it didnt workout at first but hell what relationship does now. On the other side I know a lot of relationships that failed at first for a reason allowing the people to get back together later in life. So yeah, I laid it on the line and that ish hurt but Im over it and it provided extra motivation in the gym so I could be the best I could be!

Trained at my local YMCA where I first started working out so some of my warmup sets maybe lower than last week due to adjusting to the machine

Monday

Box Squat 135x10, 225x10, 275x8, 295x3, 315x3x2
Leg Press 6platesx5 (stopped prematurely bcuz it felt too light) 8platesx12, 10platesx10, 12platesx10reps. Slightly better than last weeks

One Arm BB Suitcases -2 45s or 135 x 5reps per arm, 135x5reps on right arm (was a female dog getting the last one up), 135x4 on my left one (I was outta gas) when football begins its a goal of mine to get back up to 8-10 with good form because all this is is a side one arm deadlift

Calf Raise on Leg Press 10plates x 25reps, 12platesx 25reps, 12plates + 2 25lb x 21, There are no 35lb plates so I threw 2 10s on the back of the sled since there was no more room for plates on the bar lol x 12reps 15sec rest between reps and rest-pause on last 3sets

Abs, Stretching and 5min bike for the finish

Tuesday

Chest and Back

Lackluster workout as it was the day I had the talk. Nothing special

Today

No Christmas hangover and extra motivated as I stated why

DB Straight Arm Pullover 40x10, 45x10

Bb Deadlift Switched up my warmup to go heavier later - 225x5, 315x12, 365x5, 385x3, 405x3, 425x3

Seated Irish Press 60x15, 75x10
Tricep KickBacks 10x10, 15x10 RPA

Hanging Pullups 12, 8, 5
Overhead Cable Extention 62.5x12, 70x8, lost it and did 2more
Straight Bar Back Pulldowns 1set x failure

Today was my last day of X-Factor advanced. Id highly recommend dosing 4pwo as these last few weeks were BOSS on it. Taken with D-Pol and the vascularity in my forearms and biceps was new yet sick (in a good way).

pudgusky
Posts: 1085
« Reply #340: December 26, 2013, 06:12:21 PM »
Just takes time Cam. I feel for you. Everything that comes to mind sounds corny as poo. Lifters are used to stopping at nothing to get what we want, continually striving. But some things you gotta let go. It's so hard, feel better buddy

You sure as hell showed those weights who's boss though. I did suitcases for the first time 2 weeks ago. I like those. Why'd you use a barbell though?
'Nobody needs validation more than teenage girls and guys who lift weights' -Dom

« Reply #341: December 26, 2013, 09:41:04 PM »
Thanks man +. I will let go, as hard as it may be.

As far as the suitcase exercise goes, a high school football coach introduced me to the exercise w/a barbell. He started me off w 2-35's and the bar which is 115 for 20 reps each side . Ik the dumbbells and kettles versions are used for core but I feel this more in my hammies and lower back like you would a Deadlift. Another reason I like it is bcuz I can give 100% on this on leg day after squatting and save heavy deads for back day.

Joshuaco
Posts: 1099
« Reply #342: January 13, 2014, 07:50:17 PM »

WOD
For Time:
75 handstand push ups (2012 Regionals Standards)
*EMOM complete 20 Double Unders

Just catching up, How often do you do crossfit? This wod looks impossible
Trapz a Make her dance

Follow My Crossfit Post-Open Log with AD-3 PCT

Mooselini
Posts: 1502
« Reply #343: January 14, 2014, 09:50:32 AM »
Lol not enough about 2-3 times a week now, and your right that wod was ridiculous my shoulders about exploded

today i did

9x3 Banded Wide Grip Bench Press @ 50% of 1 RM + 30% band resistance

Accessories
1a) 2x8 Decline Push Ups (weighted if to easy)
1b) 2x ME UB Strict Pull Ups (Weighted at 25/10 if you have strict - hardest band possible if you don't)
1c) 2x25 Band Pull aparts

WOD
For Time:
9-6-3
Squat Cleans (155/95)
Ring Dips

time 2:14(slow)
Not Dead Cant Quit

Sign up or Log in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!