Sign In

Remember Me

How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Whats the deal with BCAA Ratios Intra-Workout?

Read 2978 times

RodrigoRM
Rep: +436
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
Whats the deal with BCAA Ratios Intra-Workout? « : May 14, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »
I was under the impression that BCAA ratios were always 2:1:1 when in supplements. Therefore, when I first received my modern BCAA+ I was rather surprised to see that it had a 8:1:1 ratio. I have also seen these in a 4:1:1 ratio since. Is there a particular kind that has been proven more effective in terms of overall assimilation and improving recovery?

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

Related: BCAA/EAA/Intra-Workouts (Category)

Clipper83
Rep: +4,424
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: May 14, 2013, 05:13:40 PM »
All the studies on BCAAs have been done on 2:1:1(that I have seen), yet I can't really tell a difference between them. They all work
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

AtomHavok
Rep: +201
Locker Roommates
« Reply #2: May 14, 2013, 05:16:32 PM »
In my research there is no evidence that 4:1:1 is any better or worse. Most research literature is found for 2:1:1 and 4:1:1. My understanding is that lucine is a cheap BCAA and due to it's slightly higher anabolic spike is used to create a product that is cheap for the company to produce and sell it at a higher price saying 8:1:1 is the best but there is no conclusive data on that. There is more research on how high amounts of Lucine actually attend to problems like pellegra, hypoglycemia, and ammonia. Amino acids are funny, in high amounts they have drug like side effects, High amounts of Valine has seen to cause hallucinations and the feeling of skin crawlings.

I would say just stick to 2:1:1 or 4:1:1, as long as there is a 2:1 ratio you are going to get the usefulness of your BCAA product to its fullest in a state of fasting to keep you in an anabolic state.
All writings of AtomHavok are for entertainment purpose only

buda12345
Rep: +12
Trust: 14%
« Reply #3: May 15, 2013, 10:20:52 AM »
the theory behind the 8:1:1 is leucine is the key to unlocking protein synthesis. But who knows I just think the Bulk MBCAA tastes better than water during workouts. I stopped drinking it lately because I starting taking Yohimbine HCL/Tyrosine before workouts.
The only bad workout is the one you didn't do.
Do the thing you fear, and the death of fear is certain.

Reinger
Rep: +2,590
Locker Roommates
« Reply #4: July 31, 2013, 08:54:26 PM »
It is better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not...

R.I.P. TK

tiktik
Rep: +441
Locker Roommates
« Reply #5: August 01, 2013, 08:29:49 AM »
I've seen 8:1:1 ratios too,
but closer inspection is divvied up from dose of around 2-4g total of BCAA (??)

I like 2:1:1 personally ample leucine to its other synergist and Always tend to count total g worth of BCAA rather than ratios.

10g> 5g  for me, simplistic but on BCAA i kinda got more is better concept in mind.

(apart from molecular size, absorption rate, taste, blah)

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!