Forum

NLA Performance Threatens Lawsuit with SupplementReviews.com

Read 22586 times

Malaka10
Rep: +55
Trust: 79%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #15: September 25, 2012, 09:36:27 AM »
Admin, can we just take NLA completely off from this website? This is ridiculous. Them attacking you like this and stating "see you in court" seriously who do they think they are? foo NLA and their products. I dont have to try that poo im good with the stuff that sells at major retailers, BB.com, Lockout etc.

This isn't the first time we have been threatened a lawsuit by some peeed off company. I don't think they had their products taken off.

Really?What others? I think that admin should take off NLA completely from this website for their actions. I mean they created all these accounts and he caught them so I feel like NLA products shouldnt be a part of the Sr.com community to review or rate. Just my opinion.

deumcole
Rep: +4,742
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #16: September 25, 2012, 09:38:30 AM »
Hmmmm, I live in SoCal (& commute to LA) & can't find em anywhere.

I love the "sent from my ipad" plug.
"A government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
- Thomas Jefferson

Violence, is forever.
Your silence, forced this war.

jmlstocks
Rep: +3,129
Locker Roommates
« Reply #17: September 25, 2012, 09:46:24 AM »

You mean they don't have a skyscaper in downtown LA, that surprises me
Lift Tracker:

Decline Bench:           340           Leg Press: 1713 (calculated max)                         Barbell Row: 313
Decline Bench            433
(with Slingshot-calculated max)   Trap Bar Deadlift 629
Seated Military Press: 220
Traditional Deadlift:    505

SoCalLivin
Rep: +1,013
Locker Roommates
« Reply #18: September 25, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »

Same here. These guys are clearly not as big as their on line presence would suggest. I bet this company was bank rolled by someone's daddy, and doesn't make much, if any money, so in an attempt to have some financial success, they resorted to fraudulent marketing.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln

Punch today in the face

God*Guns*Country*KCCO

Clipper83
Rep: +4,424
Locker Roommates
« Reply #19: September 25, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »
Admin, can we just take NLA completely off from this website? This is ridiculous. Them attacking you like this and stating "see you in court" seriously who do they think they are? foo NLA and their products. I dont have to try that poo im good with the stuff that sells at major retailers, BB.com, Lockout etc.

This isn't the first time we have been threatened a lawsuit by some peeed off company. I don't think they had their products taken off.

Really?What others? I think that admin should take off NLA completely from this website for their actions. I mean they created all these accounts and he caught them so I feel like NLA products shouldnt be a part of the Sr.com community to review or rate. Just my opinion.

What about the good reviews by the ERs? This will let people know what they have done.
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

deumcole
Rep: +4,742
Locker Roommates
« Reply #20: September 25, 2012, 09:53:26 AM »

Same here. These guys are clearly not as big as their on line presence would suggest. I bet this company was bank rolled by someone's daddy, and doesn't make much, if any money, so in an attempt to have some financial success, they resorted to fraudulent marketing.

Wouldn't be surprised. Also, sponsoring Scott Mendelson can't be cheap especially for a new company.
"A government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
- Thomas Jefferson

Violence, is forever.
Your silence, forced this war.

SoCalLivin
Locker Roommates
« Reply #21: September 25, 2012, 09:56:28 AM »

What about the good reviews by the ERs? This will let people know what they have done.

I see both sides of this. On one hand, leaving them on the site will let people see what they have done, which could be viewed as a more effective punishment than a total ban. But, the fact that the ER reviews are the most trusted and pretty positive, the shady tactics may be overlooked by many and still drive business to them. If I was new to the site and didn't experience all of this, I may be inclined to have the, "I don't care what they did, as long as the product works" attitude.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln

Punch today in the face

God*Guns*Country*KCCO

Admin_
Rep: +4,815
Administrator
« Reply #22: September 25, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »
I see both sides of this. On one hand, leaving them on the site will let people see what they have done, which could be viewed as a more effective punishment than a total ban. But, the fact that the ER reviews are the most trusted and pretty positive, the shady tactics may be overlooked by many and still drive business to them. If I was new to the site and didn't experience all of this, I may be inclined to have the, "I don't care what they did, as long as the product works" attitude.

We won't be taking them off the site.  Our motto here is to pretty much display the facts and let the user make up their mind.  However, we will be adding "notices" to the manufacturers who are found trying to manipulate the reviews.
- Tommy

Blade410
Rep: +4,246
Locker Roommates
« Reply #23: September 25, 2012, 10:11:28 AM »
Racist?  How was Tom's post racist?  Really?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 10:16:45 AM by Blade410 »
That which does not kill me, makes me stronger!

You have to fall in love with the pain if you ever want to say hello to the growth.

mhseaver670
Rep: +6,692
Locker Roommates
« Reply #24: September 25, 2012, 10:21:44 AM »
What would happen if someone posted this link on NLA facebook page? lol. Just a thought.
Maybe you should TRAIN as hard as you HATE.

"Getting stuck isn't always an option but staying stuck is!" - Cam

SoCalLivin
Locker Roommates
« Reply #25: September 25, 2012, 10:24:08 AM »
What would happen if someone posted this link on NLA facebook page? lol. Just a thought.

Let me know if this happens. I have to go on there and "like" it before it gets removed.

Punch today in the face

God*Guns*Country*KCCO

garlick
Rep: +3,161
Locker Roommates
« Reply #26: September 25, 2012, 10:24:41 AM »

Tom's post stated that the reviews used the n-word repeatedly. NLA is taking that to mean that they specifically said this word.

They didn't, unless the reviews were written by them.....it was just a benign statement to show that all the reviews were written by the same person, but NLA took it the wrong way.

garlick
Rep: +3,161
Locker Roommates
« Reply #27: September 25, 2012, 10:26:03 AM »

Let me know if this happens. I have to go on there and "like" it before it gets removed.

Please don't.....we don't need a war with NLA. The reviews have been taken down, let's leave good enough alone.

Blade410
Rep: +4,246
Locker Roommates
« Reply #28: September 25, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »

Tom's post stated that the reviews used the n-word repeatedly. NLA is taking that to mean that they specifically said this word.

They didn't, unless the reviews were written by them.....it was just a benign statement to show that all the reviews were written by the same person, but NLA took it the wrong way.

Thanks for clearing that item up Garlick.
That which does not kill me, makes me stronger!

You have to fall in love with the pain if you ever want to say hello to the growth.

Admin_
Rep: +4,815
Administrator
« Reply #29: September 25, 2012, 10:30:20 AM »
Please don't.....we don't need a war with NLA. The reviews have been taken down, let's leave good enough alone.

Agreed.  No need for a war.  These posts are only meant to convey the information to our members here on our site.  Not to go invade their space.
- Tommy

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!