JoeFlah Bulking with the Basics (Feb 9th to May 4th)

Read 225313 times

chefneilde
Posts: 5578
« Reply #690: June 14, 2013, 03:35:40 PM »
Shoot we haven't even started training camp and the only packers fan on our site is already talking smack.
fooing cheese eaters
Kennedy put a man on the moon
Obama put men in the ladies room

jmlstocks
Posts: 4509
« Reply #691: June 14, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »
fooing cheese eaters

I now have 3 Bears fans logs to troll: its like Christmas 8)
Lift Tracker:

Decline Bench:           340           Leg Press: 1713 (calculated max)                         Barbell Row: 313
Decline Bench            433
(with Slingshot-calculated max)   Trap Bar Deadlift 629
Seated Military Press: 220
Traditional Deadlift:    505

« Reply #692: June 17, 2013, 06:47:00 PM »
Hahahah I already knew it but it's evident now... football season never ends lol

Lots to update. First, rest and heat has done my back well. Feeling alright, haven't done any lower body work in about a week and constant stretching has really helped with my alignment. Going to keep it up because I just want to be extra sure throughout the week while I reintroduce leg work/deadlifts.

Saturday I got a pretty great shoulder/tri/bi workout in first thing in the morning and then for Father's Day we all went up to my family's cottage up in Wisconsin. After having no carbs for about 70 hours, lets just say I went absolutely bat poo: 4.5 pieces of cheesecake, 4 bananas, 1 big doughnut, 1 small doughnut, 5 rice krispie treats, 5 muffins, and a pint of ice cream. Like I said, bat poo hahaha No shame, it's had no effect on my physique other than a minor amount of bloating the next morning.

Today was my first day of PRRS Training, google it for more info. It's basically manipulating the duration of eccentric and concentric portions of reps in waves to spur growth. Week One is Power week, so that means long negatives (4 seconds) and explosive positives for 4-6 reps per set and long rest periods (4-5 minutes). Today's workout was chest and lats, and it was a friggen marathon and tiring as all hell, but nothing like I've ever done before and I loved the challenge. Using weights I usually hit 7-10 regular reps with were hard to do for 4 reps with the 4 count negatives.

Today also marks the day I introduce some new supps and start taking Backloading extremely seriously. By that I mean dialing in macros, using a nutrient partitioner, cutting out any supps that don't jive directly with what Kiefer says (IE a preworkout), and using less processed carbs/sugars in my backloads. "Clean" backloads if you will.

Also, be on the lookout for a huge announcement in the RCSS Thread soon!

Finally, that Iso Tropic Max review... SIGHHHHH... Let me be 100% clear: Coleman93 is the Coleman I frequently write about in my log. He's my neighbor and workout buddy, though he flakes on me more often than not (due to work or sleep or something). I was able to hook him up with a tub of Iso Tropic for free, and when he wanted to write a review I sent him all of my old ones and other Expert Reviews from other members so he could have good templates to go off of. He told me he had a good review written, and he wanted to send it to me so I could look over it.

Unfortunately, he also flaked on that part and just directly posted it lol. He's being 100% honest when he says he loves the product. He had the Blue Razz flavor and I was there when he had his first serving. His jaw dropped and he literally turned to me and said "I can't believe this is actually protein". He's not some fake and he was DEFINITELY NOT paid or forced in any way to post the review. He genuinely liked it, and this being his first review, he was apparently clueless even though I gave him a bunch of examples.

That said, IF I CAN EVER GET HIM TO PICK UP HIS DAMN PHONE!!!, I'll be discussing how to make reviews better in the future, and I'll make sure he knows what to add on to the Iso Tropic Review.

Sorry for any confusion, and like I said, his review is 100% legit and has good intentions. In practice... well, we have to work on that lol

lava135
Posts: 6183
« Reply #693: June 17, 2013, 06:49:26 PM »
hahaha.  So I guess you read my comments.
"Luck is the last dying chance of those that wish to believe that winning can happen by accident.  Sweat, on the other hand, are for those who know it's a choice."  Author Unknown

"Before you try variety, own simplicity." -- Eric Cressey

WarMachine
Posts: 3559
« Reply #694: June 17, 2013, 08:11:28 PM »

Also, be on the lookout for a huge announcement in the RCSS Thread soon!

''

Being an enthusiast of power negative explosion movements, trust me when I say Joeflah, your're in for some great gains  ;D

TRAIN HARD AND EXPLODE!!!
Any human can train with iron, but it takes a machine to destroy the iron

You don't need to be an ABSOLUTE FREAK in order to be strong, you need to work ABSOLUTELY FREAKING hard to become strong

Embrace the hate from others and make that your power to achieve the gains you love

« Reply #695: June 18, 2013, 07:43:20 AM »
@Lava: haha yup. Don't worry, I'll have him make additions in the reply area. Everyone has their first time I guess...

@War: Yeah man this is really new and challenging to me but I feel like this tempo for the week can really go far for me in terms of strength gains. I've never tried to manipulate TUT or negatives before so this is a nice shock to my system!

« Reply #696: June 19, 2013, 10:31:44 PM »
PRRS Power Wekk workouts are, as Stuart Scott would say, redonkey-donk!

Man, another 2 hour marathon thanks to the 4-5 minute rest periods between sets, but my hamstrings are sufficiently smoked. Also got in calves and abs, so that was a nice plus. Bis/Tris/Shoulders Friday, Quads/Calves/Abs Sunday.

Revelation: 4 second negatives with heavy sumo deadlifts are EXTREMELY hard! Especially without straps, which I forgot at home because I'm a dumbass.

All lifts done with a 4 second negative and explosive positive, 4 sets, 4-6 reps
Sumo Deads: 315 x 4/4/4/1 (grip was absolutely gone)
Lying Leg Curls: 90 x 7/110 x 7/130 x 5/130 x 5
High/Wide Stance Leg Press: 540 x 6/540 x 5/540 x 5/540 x 4
Seated Single/Double Leg Curls: Single - 8 x 5/8 x 3 + Double - 10 x 3/11 x 5/11 x 5
Seated Calf Raises: 135 x 5/135 x 5/135 x 4/135 x 4 (felt weird doing such a small negative for 4 seconds!)
Leg Raises (Bodyweight): 6/5/4/4

Keeping my backloads smaller during power week because eccentric-focused training doesn't translocate GLUT4 as well as normal training (so says Kiefer). I'll taper up from there during Rep Range and Shock weeks. I'm also keeping my backloads cleaner from here on out. Today I had watermelon, ripe bananas, and red grapes with greek yogurt and a tiny bit of natural licorice. Stay tuned to my IG page because I have a feeling I'll be taking a lot of pictures of my clean backloads like I did today lol.

Quick update on my workout day supps:

Upon Waking: OxyElite Powder/Beta-Stim Sample
Fasted LISS Cardio: 30 minutes
2 hrs later (because Yohimbine's half life is 2 hrs): Coffee, 1/3 Iso Trop Almond, 1 Tbsp. MCT Oil (Tastes great mixed)
2 hrs later: First Meal. 10 minutes before: 1/3 Iso Trop + Digestive Enzyme. High Fat, Moderate Protein, No Carb. Fiber Powder, Vitamin C, Fish Oil (~2g)
2.5 hrs later: Second Meal. 10 minutes before: 1/3 Iso Trop. High Protein, Low Fat, No Carb with Green Veggies. Multi Vitamin, Fish Oil (~1g)
Preworkout: Coffee + Beta Alanine (4g)
30 min Postworkout: 2 caps ILoad, 6 caps Stacked NO, Digestive Enzyme all taken with 2 Scoops Pro Antium, 48 g Dextrose, 10 g BCAA, and 5 extra g of Creapure
1 hr after shake: 200-400 g carb backload (depending on workout), 1 scoop Iso Trop, 48 g Dextrose, 10 g Creapure, 10 g BCAA. Fish Oil (~1g) at tail end of meal.
Before Bed: 1 cap ILoad

If you're keeping score at home, yes, I'm taking 25 g creatine a day. No, it's not causing me any harm and no, it's not dangerous. It's an experiment, and so far so good. I think the digestive enzymes, AstraGin, and ILoad are really helping me maximize every single nutrient I put in my body, and that especially goes for creatine.

I should take some progress pictures and measurements soon, eh? I weighed in today at 168 lbs and am WAYYY more vascular than ever before. I like it lol

And of course, HAWKS WIN! Back to home ice advantage and basically a best of three series now. Hold serve boys!

« Reply #697: June 19, 2013, 10:41:45 PM »
15 grams creatine post?
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

« Reply #698: June 20, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
15 g 30 minutes post because there's 10 gs in the Pro Antium and then I add 5 g creapure. Then in my meal an hour later I add 10 g creapure. So 25 total. On off days, all 25 g at once with 1/3 scoop of iso trop and my last meal.

cjm502
Posts: 1011
« Reply #699: June 20, 2013, 10:43:55 AM »
Im curious to what your 1rm squat is or where you think its at?
Got Stuff?

« Reply #700: June 20, 2013, 10:54:43 AM »

Any particular reason? I never go over 10g

sdunlimited
Posts: 2094
« Reply #701: June 20, 2013, 11:03:50 AM »

Any particular reason? I never go over 10g

I can chime in a bit here on this:

There have been some recent studies that suggest creatine intake needs to be in the 60g/day range to effectively keep humans saturated with usable amounts.  Kiefer sites this in his writing and I believe it was Colker in a recent Flex magazine who also wrote about this.

I haven't heard any real world results from anyone giving this a shot yet - especially at 60g/day.  Joe will be able to provide some good feedback I'm sure.  I know whenever I've 'loaded' creatine and taken 25G+ per day it always seemed like I could actually feel it being excreted in urine.  Good times...

ZB
Posts: 851
Banned Doods
« Reply #702: June 20, 2013, 11:28:35 AM »
I can feel saturation and I only take 3.5 grams a day when I wake up for about 3-5 months now
lift weights

« Reply #703: June 20, 2013, 11:42:31 AM »
Yeah I feel creatine effects at 5g a day or even every other day.

« Reply #704: June 21, 2013, 06:23:15 AM »
@cjm: Haven't truly tested my 1RM in a few months and I won't be any time soon because of my recent back issues. But the last time I attempted it I got almost to parrallel with 370. I'm willing to say I couldve hit 360 clean then, and that's probably right around what I'd estimate my squat max to be at the moment. Possibly a little less, seeing that all my 1RM have either stayed the same or went down slightly while on CBL, but all of my medium to higher rep work has progressed nicely.

@Clippy and ZB:

↑Here's my reasoning. I used to never go over 10 g either but after reading this I thought I might as well experiment. The science backs up this dosing protocol and basically shows that a "maintenance dose" is a waste of time. The body naturally burns through 2-3g creatine a day on its own so only using 3-5 g at a time is not going to create anything close to the levels of intra cellular levels people say it will.

On another note, ZB, I have no idea how you can "feel" muscular saturation lol that's like saying "I can feel an increase in protein synthesis". And also, at that low of a dose there's no saturation going on, so maybe you're feeling a placebo effect?

Not trying to be a jackass but I found that quote kinda funny lol

@SD: I've seen similar research about that 60g dose, its even mentioned in the link I posted. But no way am I going that high from the start. The 25 g dose is more suited to my bodyweight anyway, and even though creatine is cheap its not THAT cheap lol.

I've never had that "peeing out creatine" thing happen to me yet either... that sounds absolutely awful lol but like I said before I'm taking digestive enzymes, AstraGin, and iLoad, all of which aid in nutrient absorbtion. Also, I'm using bulk CreaPure. Maybe the issue with yours was the quality? Was it CreaPure? Thtas the only way I can see it making it all the way through your system undigested.

Sign up or Log in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!