JoeFlah Bulking with the Basics (Feb 9th to May 4th)

Read 225319 times

Locker Roommates
JoeFlah Bulking with the Basics (Feb 9th to May 4th) « : September 04, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
QUICK SKIP TO PG. 19:http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=21724.270

Iíd like to start this log by paying respects to one of our very own SR members who is no longer with us, Tsunami2k. I personally heard the news of his passing on the final day of August and was in absolute shock. Itís not as if I knew him on an intensely personal level, but the fact that he was active on SR and especially with the Expert Reviewers group meant we had a common bond in our love for the iron.

I only know sparse details so I will not comment specifically, but itís never an easy process to digest a loss like this. It was literally only days ago where he was active on the site and I have distinct memories of swapping lifting theories and info with him.

I would like to partially dedicate this log in his memory. Based on his SR profile biography, we had very similar paths to our lifting lifestyles. I feel a personal connection and would like to continue my journey on his behalf.

R.I.P. Adam. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

There really is no good way to transition from something somber like that to a personal log that I will be keeping for fun, but here goes nothing.

If you guys have been keeping up with my logs over the summer, you may have noticed that I got away from SR a bit unintentionally. I moved back into my parentís house during the summer and theyíre textbook ďSupplement NazisĒ. Ergo I had to keep my stack and workouts pretty lowkey to avoid any needless trouble.

As the summer was going along, I found myself sick a lot of the time and occasionally not consistently visiting the XSport that I had a membership for. Towards the end of the summer though, I brought things back together a bit and was able to get my workouts ďunder controlĒ and thankfully my strength numbers havenít fallen off much, if at all.

One positive from this summer was that my shoulders, which was always a lagging group for me, has finally caught up to my stronger groups. In terms of definition and strength, my shoulders have made marked improvements. Not exactly sure what change made that difference but Iím glad it happened.

Transitioning to school, I have been extremely rigid in my workout and diet routine so far and plan on continuing. For the first 2.5 weeks, Iíve been getting up at 6am to take the early shuttle to the other campus to hit the gym by 7:30. Itís been going great, and itís been a regular one-part-a-day split with accessory groups (forearms, calves, abs) rotated at the end of each workout and HIIT after every workout.

Iíve noticed a SIGNIFICANT increase in definition and vascularity in these few weeks alone, which is awesome. I really hope that continues with the next program Iím about to run.

What is that program, you ask? Well, at least you should be asking that, thatís why youíre here.

Enter Kris Gethinís 4-week DTP routine.

All indications from my boys JPotter21 and MHseaver670 are that DTP is not only super intense but an excellent total body conditioning/leaning program. Thatís exactly what my goals for these next four weeks are: get leaner, more defined, and a bit stronger but nothing crazy.

For those not familiar with DTP, itís essentially 4 days a week of resistance training with 3 days of cardio in between. Pretty intense 7-day split, no days off. The weight training will be nothing like Iíve ever done before, so I expect good gains due to muscle confusion alone.

Itís essentially pyramiding up and down with one or two exercises per bodypart. There will usually be 2 bodyparts utilized per session and since youíre pyramiding you end up doing an inordinate amount of reps compared to traditional routines.

For example, biceps and triceps would go like this:

EZ Cable Curls SUPERSET w/ Cable Overhead EZ Press

Set 3: 30 reps each
Set 4: 40 reps each
Set 5: 50 reps each

Total reps: 600

Rest periods decrease in time as the reps decrease. You rest about 45 seconds between the 50 and 40 rep sets but 1 minute 45 seconds between 10 rep sets.

Based on the amount of reps, this seems like a great conditioning program, and you better check your ego at the door because youíre not going to be pushing heavy weight for all these reps.

By doing high, medium, and lower rep sets, the premise of this program is to target every type of muscle fiber available: Type-a, Type-b1, and Type-b2. This would lend to maximal growth/strength/fullness, in theory. Hereís to that theory working.

The cardio days arenít exactly set in stone but they are essentially either based on H.I.I.T. principles or Cross-Fit style workouts. Iím planning on mostly doing H.I.I.T. style sprints because my body responds incredibly well to those. But any suggestions are welcome.

I am up to try anything once. I know JPotter and MHseaver were both constantly trying to think of what to do to spice up and differentiate their cardio days, so Iím open to tips and suggestions.

The split looks like this:

Monday: Legs, Calves and Abs
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednesday: Chest and Back
Thursday: Cardio
Friday: Biceps, Triceps and Lower Abs
Saturday: Cardio
Sunday: Delts and Upper Back (Traps)

I like the cardio days splitting up the weight work, I think that will lend to maximal recovery and growth. Again, Iíve never done this style of workout OR this type of ďrestĒ schedule, so Iím expecting good things from change.

If anyone wants a template to track their DTP routine, I made one for myself on Microsoft Word. DM me if you want me to send you the file.

As with any intense program, nutrition is the hidden key. With a 7-day split and technically no days off, I will be taking in a substantial amount of calories and will most likely still lose weight. Magnificent if you ask me.

Iíll be tracking my diet with the ďMy Fitness PalĒ app on my Galaxy SIII. Incredibly helpful if you ask me. I donít have too rigid of benchmarks, but Iíd like to stay at/near these:

3,000 calories
<70 g fat
~400 g carbs
~200 g protein

This will be split up in 5-6 small meals/day, not including my postworkout shake. I respond best to this style of diet but I REALLY want to try intermittent fastingÖ Maybe in another log.

Now for the good partÖ THE SUPPLEMENTS!

Iíll start with what I already have: fiber, digestive enzymes, milk thistle, multi-vitamin, calcium, vitamin c, protein bars, and Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey. Vitamins and the like will be timed with meals, the Whey postworkout.

Iím about 4 scoops away from running out of Hyde, so Iíll be finishing that up this week before starting the new goodies next week.

The new supps: Purus Labs Condense, Purus Labs D-Pol, LeCheek AD-3, Promera Con-Crete, PES Alphamine.

You cannot fathom how excited I am to run this combo! First of all, I love everything Purus, so Iím positive Condense will fit the bill. It will add to the sick pump and endurance I know I already get from the D-Pol. Also, efficacious doses of Beta Alanine and BetaineÖ I might be in love.

Speaking of the D-Pol; that stacked with the AD-3 will make for a very potent pro-test anti-estro combo. I stacked D-Pol and Erase and it worked well. Based on preliminary reviews on SR, AD-3 is THE BUSINESS. I know Iím not 25+ yrs old, but I know how t-boosters work on my body and I figured since I want to lean out and gain strength, this is an ideal combo.

Along the ďleanĒ lines, Iím finally going to get to try Con-Crete. Next to Green MAG, this has been the one creatine Iíve been waiting to get my hands on, and itís finally here. I want to see who it stacks up to CreaPure in terms of strength gains and most importantly water retention (the main selling point of Con Crete)

To round things out, Iím adding PES Alphamine to the mix. I really like PES and the majority of their products. Alpha-T2 blew me away on my last recomp, and theyíre touting this as a step up from A-T2 with added ďhardening agentsĒ. I really hope theyíre right because if so, Iím borderline scared of what results I can pull with this combo (in a good way).

Timing (on workout days) will be Alphamine 30 minutes before preworkout meal and 6-8 hours later, D-Pol w/ the pre meal, Condense + Con-Crete preworkout, and Hydro Whey (and more Con-Crete?) post workout. The AD-3 will be taken on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before bed (~11:30 pm).

Condense and Con-Crete will not be taken on cardio days.

Iíll be taking measurements and pictures this weekend when I can get my hands on a measuring tape to mark my ďbeforeĒ stage. Iíll be taking more pictures throughout the 4 weeks but will only be doing measurements before and after to mark the full month of progress.

My honest expectations will be to maintain or slightly add strength, lean out (visually), and keep my weight around 170 lbs. That would mean to drop a few lbs and then stay there. Iíll know the actual numbers this weeked.

Iím also happy to note that Alphamine and Condense donít have a plethora of 3rd party reviews to back them up on this site yet, so Iíll be a bit of a test rat. Youíre welcome guys lol.

So hereís to a successful September and hopefully by October Iím a leaner, meaner Joeflah! ThenÖ to the winter bulk!

I WISH IT WAS NEXT MONDAY ALREADY!

Until then, feel free to post cardio day ideas or any general suggestions you may have for me.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:04:43 AM by joeflah13 »

Gkeezy
Posts: 2942
« Reply #1: September 04, 2012, 02:26:06 PM »
Sub'd bro. Destroy it
Never let the failures of yesterday hold you back from the successes of tomorrow

RIP Iron Brother T2K

Clipper83
Posts: 6113
« Reply #2: September 04, 2012, 02:31:38 PM »
In
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

WarMachine
Posts: 3559
« Reply #3: September 04, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »
Subbed, will be starting my own log shortly as well  ;D

And once again, T2k rest in peace bro!!
Any human can train with iron, but it takes a machine to destroy the iron

You don't need to be an ABSOLUTE FREAK in order to be strong, you need to work ABSOLUTELY FREAKING hard to become strong

Embrace the hate from others and make that your power to achieve the gains you love

chefneilde
Posts: 5578
« Reply #4: September 04, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
in
Kennedy put a man on the moon
Obama put men in the ladies room

iSamurai
Posts: 4108
« Reply #5: September 04, 2012, 03:29:51 PM »
In homie, I'm in my 3rd week and I've already noticed changes.  I'm also a big fan of HIIT sprints....kill it man.

Reinger
Posts: 2612
« Reply #6: September 04, 2012, 03:50:43 PM »
Here buddy  ;D
It is better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not...

R.I.P. TK

lava135
Posts: 6183
« Reply #7: September 04, 2012, 04:05:24 PM »
Subbed, and for a mere 10 bucks i won't tell mom and dad that you're juicing... ;D
"Luck is the last dying chance of those that wish to believe that winning can happen by accident.  Sweat, on the other hand, are for those who know it's a choice."  Author Unknown

"Before you try variety, own simplicity." -- Eric Cressey

RiseAboveIt
Posts: 952
« Reply #8: September 04, 2012, 04:09:57 PM »
Subbed man! I will tell you now, dpol and condense taken together has given me some of the best pumps I've ever had!

ron
Posts: 3668
« Reply #9: September 04, 2012, 04:54:55 PM »
The path of the righteous body builder is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the jealous and the tyranny of greedy supplement manufacturers. Blessed is he who, in the name of health and fitness, shepherds the weak through the valley of supplement darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper.

« Reply #10: September 04, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »
AHHHHHH Guys! I can't wait for this! Thanks for all your subbing!

@WarMachine: Niceeee I'll keep tabs on yours as well
@iSamurai: Yeah man in my personal research I've noticed most people start seeing changes near week 3. And yeah those HIIT sprints really kick ass!
@Reinger:  ;) lol
@Lava: Lmao I'm glad the going rate for that is only $10 because them finding out would cause way more than $10 worth of damage to my life lol
@Rise: Yeah that's what I was expecting, nitrates give me monster pumps so stacking them should be nuts!
@Ron, @Chef, @Clipper, @GKeezy: Don't think I forgot about you guys! Lol thanks for the follow and the support

Clipper83
Posts: 6113
« Reply #11: September 04, 2012, 05:35:43 PM »
I still say you should add GNC's Re-Feed

jmyers
Posts: 108
« Reply #12: September 04, 2012, 06:38:34 PM »
Nice, just started my DTP mass program today and killed legs.

« Reply #13: September 04, 2012, 06:41:09 PM »
@Clipper: I'll look into if it will interfere with my AD-3 dosing at nighttime. It says to take the AD-3 on an empty stomach and Re-Feed is supposed to be taken before bed as well so I'll check that out.

@Jmeyers: yeah man that leg routine looks sadistically awesome!  :D I don't think I've ever been this excited since I went to Disney World for the first time lol

mhseaver670
Posts: 7801
« Reply #14: September 04, 2012, 06:44:32 PM »
Thanks for the shout out joe. everything looks laid out great. But On the DTP program the only day that you will do 50 reps starting and finishing is on leg day.

The others you will be doing 40, 30 , 20 , 15 , 10 then 10 , 15 , 20 , 30 , 40

I know I messed up and did the extra reps and it will not hurt but not required.
I think you will love this program cant wait to see what happens here.
Maybe you should TRAIN as hard as you HATE.

"Getting stuck isn't always an option but staying stuck is!" - Cam

Sign up or Log in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!