67 years old and looking for a workout routine..

Read 989 times

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for misleading marketing and misinformation.

GrayAge
Posts: 228
Locker Roommates
67 years old and looking for a workout routine.. « : February 02, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »
Hello, I'm coming off a week of rest and looking for a new routine. I've been doing one muscle group a day ie, back one day, chest one day, legs one day and so one..I'm wanting to do two muscle groups on the same day, and I'm not sure which ones I should do together..I figure if I do two  groups I would workout Monday, rest Tuesday, workout Wednesday, rest Thursday and workout Friday..I would do abs on rest day and cardio..
I've been lifing for little over two now and have had three different trainers, (24 Hour fitness)..
I need to go light on my shoulders due to issues, age and arthuritis(sp)..I take pre workout supplements, BCAAs intra and Whey Protein, L-Glutamine, Creatine Mono post.
Help..
Thanks
Duane.
ps,, I start My new workout Monday..
Commitment is 100%

kbordner
Posts: 583
« Reply #1: February 02, 2012, 09:48:23 AM »
Duane, I recommend the push/pull style.

Mon Chest/delts/Tris

Wed Back/Bis/Traps

Fri Legs/Abs

This gives more rest to the muscles because you are only using each once per week.
If you ask for advice then shut the f*ck up and listen.
You are entitled to your opinion...you are just wrong.
Keith Richards-" I am not subject to your petty morals"

Hanzo
Posts: 663
Banned Doods
« Reply #2: February 02, 2012, 09:52:00 AM »
Once again, excellent advice from the sage punk rocker (and I say that with sincere admiration ;)) and lifting beast, KB.
GOT GEAR? I wish I knew then what I know now.
Research Rat>VIP-RCR Brotherhood(if you don't know, don't ask)
If it takes forever.....I will die trying
All advice given is radically insane, you can't handle it.

cjm502
Posts: 1011
« Reply #3: February 02, 2012, 03:47:11 PM »
At 67 I think adding Fish Oils would be pretty beneficial and might help your joints a little bit. Maybe a basic joint supp, but besides that I agree with kb.
Got Stuff?

Sign up or Log in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2017 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.