Forum

Perfect Pushup/Perfect Pullup

Read 5269 times

AnabolicAdam
Rep: +1,714
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
Perfect Pushup/Perfect Pullup « : September 23, 2009, 04:24:25 PM »
I picked these things up a while back, and i thought i owed it to everyone who hasnt tried them to give it a thread. That being said, MAN do I love these things. There are plenty of imitators out there, but if you get the "perfect" brand, these things will not let you down. First of all, with the pushup, I use stabilizer muscles that I wouldnt otherwise, and the rotation makes for great form and feels a hell of a lot more natural than flat hand pushups. The pullup, what can I say. You will isolate more muscles, including stabilizer muscles, and the variation of pullups that you can do keep it new and fun. The bicep workout is UNREAL, and my lats have never been more full and pumped than when I do sets until failure. Anyway, its good to have at the house, pushup and pullup contests during the games, my uncle and I have a 20 pushup/pullup per beer rule. Put it this way, were both super ripped on Sunday, Monday, and sometimes thursday. He puts away a 30 pack of Coors light by himself, and he actually did his 600 pushups Sunday drunk. Good form though. Anyway, would love to hear your guys thoughts on these things. I highly recommend these bad boys, they now come in a set with the pullup, pushup,and ab straps in one package. I bought mine a long time ago, individually, and I got the collapsible travel pushup. If you travel a lot they are a must.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 04:32:11 PM by AnabolicAdam »
USPlabs
Regional Director

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

Raptorbh12
Rep: +2,427
Global Moderator
« Reply #1: September 23, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »
wow, 20 pull ups per beer is amazing. I can only do 26 in one set and thats marine lockout pull ups.
I used my college roomates perfect pull up in college and it was a nice addition to our doorway and I would always do a set til failure with my backpack on right before I left for class.
I have not used the perfect pushup but I dont have anything against them. Im just oldschool when it comes to pushups.
Semper Fidelis

AnabolicAdam
Locker Roommates
« Reply #2: September 23, 2009, 05:17:04 PM »
No, let me clarify. Option to do pushups or pullups. I always go 20 pushups per beer. I would probably have a coronary and go into a grand mal seizure trying to do 20 pullups per beer. lol
But I was always old school with pushups too, I just plateaued with results I got from traditional pushups. Now, I go back and forth every few weeks.

20 pullups per beer. HA!
USPlabs
Regional Director

AnabolicAdam
Locker Roommates
« Reply #3: September 23, 2009, 05:18:04 PM »
I love the "pre going out" pump too. "Weights before dates!"
USPlabs
Regional Director

ExAdmin
Rep: +4,804
Administrator
« Reply #4: September 24, 2009, 07:49:55 AM »
20 pushups per beer is still decent.  I've never used either the perfect pullup or perfect pushup.  However, I do agree that regular pushups on flat ground are uncomfortable for my wrists.  I like to use dumbbells on the ground as handles if I'm going to do pushups.

How much can you get the whole set for?
- Tommy

garlick
Rep: +3,159
Locker Roommates
« Reply #5: September 24, 2009, 08:05:15 AM »
If you buy them from the manufacturer, for both they're $99.95.

If you ebay it, you can find them slightly used for $12 or so plus shipping.

AnabolicAdam
Locker Roommates
« Reply #6: September 24, 2009, 11:43:23 AM »
Actually, you can get the set from Sports Authority on sale most times. Wal mart sells them also, dirt cheap. I believe $65 for the pullup and abs strap set, and $22 for the pushup. Well worth it IMO.
USPlabs
Regional Director

ExAdmin
Rep: +4,804
Administrator
« Reply #7: September 30, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »
Adam-

These finally made it up for review on the main site:

Perfect Pullup

Perfect Pushup

For your reviewing pleasure.

You should have also received an email notification automatically when they were posted.  Did you?  Just want to make sure the script is working properly.
- Tommy

dammit
Rep: +1,085
« Reply #8: October 20, 2009, 07:28:48 PM »
Pretty much everything adam wrote was on point for these two.  I also have both and ab straps for the pullup bar.  The Perfect Pullup is pretty self-explanatory and the ab strabs are an absolute must for these.  I bought my ab straps at Olympia sports for $9 and the pullup bar was $25.  The Perfect Pushup set is $15 at Olympia as well.  The great thing about the perfect pushup is that they rotate freely so you don't break your wrists and they will actually rotate slightly while you are in motion.  It is awkward feeling at first because you have to stabilize more but after getting used to them, I'm not sure I could ever go back to regular floor pushups.  Another good thing is that you can go lower with the perfect pushups than with a normal pushup because of them being 4"off the floor.

Total, this set (pushups and pullups with straps) will run you around $45 at any local sports store and they are worth every penny.  Just beware of knock-off's.
If you have one foot stuck in yesterday and one foot stuck in tomorrow, you are peeing on today.

matt77h
Rep: +132
Trust: 10%
Banned Doods
« Reply #9: March 08, 2010, 10:26:41 AM »
I love the "pre going out" pump too. "Weights before dates!"

You too? Nothing like having the pump and your muscles looking jacked for panties to drop lol

The perfect pullup and pushup are great products. They are a must have easily.
The Chicago BLACKHAWKS are your 2009-10 Central Division, Western Conference & Stanley Cup Champions!

The BLACKHAWKS Snack on Danger & Dine on Death!

How am I the only Motocrosser? Lame-o

Train like Bruce Lee

Neg rep me F@ggot$!

AnabolicAdam
Locker Roommates
« Reply #10: March 08, 2010, 12:24:23 PM »
agreed
USPlabs
Regional Director

TUCKnROLL
Rep: +38
Trust: 46%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #11: April 12, 2010, 11:02:16 AM »
I use both the pull-up/push-up. I went about a month doing the pull-ups with the handles now Ive removed those(even though it says not to) and i do just flat bar pull-ups and reverse than closegrips. The arm straps are "perfect" i got sick of doing my abs at the gym. The push-ups are something crazy, i peak out on those quick compared to doing traditionals.

*Well worth the 40$ i spent at WallyWorld(walmart) :-\

As far as gettin alittle pump before the night, im right there with ya. I hardly ever go downtown/date without alittle pullup/curl combo.

"weights before dates!" Classic.

I'm right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%.   If it flies, floats or foos...It's cheaper to rent.

SoulMonkey
Rep: +557
« Reply #12: April 22, 2010, 07:11:51 AM »
I'll be buying this soon. Gotta get that upper chest stronger and my gut a little smaller before I go all out on an at home gym kind of deal.

Copyright © 2018 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.