AlphaMass Reviews

By: Forerunner Labs

Growth Enhancers > Prohormones
AlphaMass is a Prohormone manufactured by Forerunner Labs. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss.

Only 3 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

June 20, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vascularity
  • Awesome Strength Gains
  • Non-Methylated
  • Lethargy
  • BP Spikes
  • Too Many Pills
Because Flash is back, I will do this LOOOOONG overdue review that I owe him for letting me try these legit products. I ran a log of AMS + FRL products in early 2013, and it consisted of the following: 2 bottles of Alpha Mass, 2 bottles of Alpha Bulk, 2 bottles of 5-Alpha Test, and 2 bottles of AMS Supercycle. This was my first time with 1-DHEA products, and I was very skeptical. I had tried a furazan (winabol) and superdrol stack in 2012, so I knew a bit about pro hormones going into this cycle.
Thank you, Flash, for allowing me to try this stack out. So here we go...

Ingredients: A+

Serving Size: 3 - 20 LiquiCaps
Servings per Container: 56

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
3b-enanthoxyandrost-1-en-17-one 30 mg
Hormone Shield: Rhizoma, Coptidis, Berberine, Cobalt 487.5 mg
Hormone Carrier Matrix: Sesame Seed Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Ethoxylated Sorbitan Monooleate 1667.5 mg

FRL uses Berberine to increase the bioavailability of the 1-DHEA. It felt like it made a difference, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Hypertrophy Effects: B

I got some good gains, though certainly not to the extent that methyls would give me. I began weighing at around 195 and ended at around 208, and leaner. As I mentioned, I stacked this with the Alpha Bulk and 5-Alpha Test (Stano), which definitely helped. Alpha Mass is the gainer in the stack, and it did its job.

Strength Gains: A++

This product shines in the strength category, no question. By the end of my cycle, I was hitting every PR in the book. Though they took longer, the strength gains are easily in the same class as 17a methyls. I like that they take longer, because it was noticeably easier on my joints, tendons and ligaments.

Side Effects: C+

Even though Alpha Mass is easy on the liver, I needed to double up on the Supercycle (has Hawthorn Berry) to control the BP headaches. It was pretty bad. I also had lethargy from day 1 that made Superdrol look like a sugar pill. I considered hibernating in a cave in Alaska until the cycle was done. Once I started with the 5-Alpha Test (week 2), lethargy was gone forever. 5-Alpha Test definitely became my favorite part of the stack, but that's for another review (coming later). I didn't experience back pumps like I did with superdrol (unsurprisingly), but I supplemented taurine and creatine with it just to make sure.
Heartburn was terrible with these pills, like Charles Barkley "turrible." However, I suspect this is because I was taking roughly 45 pills DAILY in this stack. Which leads me to the next section...

Dosage: F is for FAIL

1-DHEA is most effective at 400mg - 600mg daily. These caps are 30mg. The Alpha Bulk also requires a high dosage (4-DHEA). This means that I'm taking in up to 18 pills daily of EACH friggin' supplement. That's just dumb. That's not including the supercycle (8), 5-Alpha Test (4), etc. If you want a much more mild cycle, do the lower amount, but you won't get the results I described in terms of strength. In short, don't do this stuff if you don't like pills.

Post Cycle: A++

One nice thing about this product/stack is the PCT was super smooth and easy. I used RC Clomid along with DAA and AD-3. I continued the gains in strength throughout PCT.
Note: lower doses may not require SERM, but I don't see why you wouldn't at least at a low dose.

Pricing: C-

You have to buy a lot of bottles for this to work well. Best results come by taking this product for 8 weeks. An average of 14 pills daily just in Alpha Mass means this adds up quickly. You can get it for $25 a bottle certain places (Nutraplanet) which isn't too bad, but at a regularly high price, be prepared to trade your firstborn for a cycle. Especially when you consider taking the complementary support supplements like 5-Alpha Test and Supercycle.

Overall: B-/C+

I'd recommend it for newbies at a lower dose (6 caps daily) if interested in testing the "dark side" out. I'd even recommend it for strength athletes if they can get by the high price tag. I personally wouldn't go out and buy it with my own money, but it was a good stack nonetheless. I'm a believer in 1-DHEA/4-DHEA products, but I'm still a bigger fan of 17a methyls. If you take the 17a methyl with Aegis by Antaeus Labs, it'll still be cheaper and you won't have much worry with your liver.

One last thing: if you run this, don't run it without 5-Alpha Test and Supercycle or something with Hawthorn Berry in it.

January 5, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy On Bp And Liver
  • Not Too Expensive
  • Lethargy
I stumbled upon this supplement and thought I would try something that wasn't from Competitive Labs for a change (I loved their M-Drol). So I finished the entire bottle and ended up with that "it was okay" feeling. But before I get into the details here is what I took with the Alpha Mass:

-Cycle Assist
-Whey Protein and Casein Protein
-Multi-Vitamins
-Kre-Alkalyn
-Fish Oil

The first week of taking this created small migraines throughout the day, but by the end I started to feel an increase in my energy levels. The second and partially the third week my strength gains were noticeable. For example, I started off dumbbell pressing with 105's for x5 reps, but ended with using 115's for x5 reps.

However, towards the end of the use my body and attitude changed. I felt VERY lethargic and had to force myself to go to the gym. Then while training my gains just became stagnant.

To top it off my acne got BAD! I am used to the annoying welts popping up on my back and shoulders from time to time, but while using this they were emerging everywhere. Face, neck, chest, and back. Nothing could keep them settled, but luckily I was almost through and just pushed on.

I don't think this is a horrible supplement, but don't think it is awesome either. You can expect slight increases in strength and energy, but you won't have that "top dog" feeling while working out. Also, if you have had acne before (real acne, not an occasional pimple) then I suggest using a different supplement.

August 27, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vascularity
  • Awesome Strength Gains
  • A Non Methylated Ph
  • Easy On Bp And Liver
  • Lethargy
I have been on Alpha Mass solo at 15-18 caps a day + two 1ad RDs for 16 days. I really wanted to experiment with a high dose 1-Dhea to see if I could achieve results similar to the original 1-ad, especially since a significant amount  of the logs I have seen have not had stellar results.

Here are the results thus far:

Strength is incredible. I took the original 1-ad when I was a young buck, and the results are strikingly similar (though still not quite as drastic). Here's an example: on Mecha my one arm DB rows went from 100 x 8 ----> 110 x 8. After two weeks of Alpha Mass solo I went from 110 x 8 -----> 120 x 5. Across the board 5-15 lbs on lifts AFTER stopping Mecha with just Alpha.

The kicker is that this is on a caloric deficit. As expected, only losing weight but surprisingly still climbing in the strength department.

The negatives: Lethargy is insane, like a sleeping bear. I literally have to drag myself into the gym somedays. I can see why people bail out on this stuff because the gains to tiredness ratio are disproportionate until week two (from my experience).  I have some leftover AndroHard that I have been taking the last couple days, and it helps but will run out soon.

The other thing is the price. It is expensive to run this compound at a high dose, period. I traded for a few bottles and bought a few myself so the price wasn't too bad.

Final thoughts:
At the doses I'm running Alpha mass + 1-andro RD right now, the results are amazing. It is no doubt a contender with the methylated PHs like Hdrol in terms of strength. The best part is that the side effects are not there like they are for me with Hdrol, except for the lethargy.