OMEGA 3 Reviews

By: Flex Nutrition

OMEGA 3 is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by Flex Nutrition. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Flex Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fishy Burps

Simple fish oil to possibly help numerous conditions. Joint mobility is what I was looking for and a believe it is helping me recover faster. Training and maintaining is my current goal with body weight cardio being my options, as well as starting P90x2.

It is review time again. During the run of this product I was doing P90x2 stage one and then started on stage 2. I am trying to re-hab my back which decided to go out, most likely due to Insanity month 2. I am 46 years old and am trying to be the best that I can. I can always improve and realize that sometimes you just need a break. I added this to my program to see if it would help lubricate my back and help keep everything in place. I want to thank the SRTrooper program and FLEX Nutrition for allowing me to have this opportunity.

This is pretty simple. 1000mg of fish oil (anchovies). This is somewhat important as smaller fish have less time to build up toxins in their system. At least that is what some of the advertising I have seen has said about other products. This is dosed at 1 pill and yields the following.

EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 180mg
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 120mg

This seems pretty basic, some people like to see other ingredients added in here as well. However I am fine with this as I wanted to see if fish oil would show any noticeable difference.

These softgels have no taste. However I did get the Fishy burps on many occasions.

No mixing required.

Dosing is suggested at 1 softgel 1 or 2 times per day with meals or as directed by a physician. I found that varying doses starting at 250mg of EPA, DHA and going up. So with 2 pills daily you are right in that minimum suggestion. I personally ended up taking them in the morning before eating as I had less fishy burps the rest of the day. In my opinion though the dosing is pretty simple to follow and the serving size is acceptable. They are somewhat larger than other products (krill oil) but I didn't have a problem with them.

So here is the important part. I think it has helped. That being said I do not believe that it is the miracle pill some people thing that it is. As a side note however I do want to mention that I have been taking Chia Seeds everyday in my smoothie, and they have Omega's in them as well. I think that some people have great results, and if you don't eat a balanced diet these could help you out. Me I am not sure that I would continue to use this particular product. I think I would rather eat salmon or something so I didn't have to deal with the after taste.

As of 5/15/2018 Flex Nutrition has this on sale for $12.12 for 120 servings. This price is acceptable. You can get some cheaper products at walmart but sometimes you get what you pay for. For me this would be a 2 month supply, which is pretty inexpensive if you ask me.

Side Effects

Fishy burps, which did start to go away the longer I took it. However they where the worst when I used as directed and took with a meal. They subsided when I started taking them in the morning before I worked out or ate anything.

Conclusion

Research dictates that there is some people that respond well to Omega 3 supplementation. It can help memory issues, arthritis, depression and anxiety. For me however it just doesn't seem to do anything "noticeable" I can't say that this product is a bust, as it didn't hurt me. However maybe I haven't had the symptoms that I need to develop in order for me to see this stuff work. I am assuming it helped me as I "fixed" my back, but honestly I don't know for sure. I think the Chiropractor and being gentle with it probably helped more. I do appreciate the ability to take this as if it helped at all I would buy it in an instant, (back pain sucks). I think that this is kind of like vitamins, I would have to take them my whole life yet I still couldn't guarantee that they where the thing that worked. At the price they have though I might consider using them more often. However at this time I think that it is a one and done for me.

• DaSlaya
    May 15, 2018

I had a doctor recently tell me that it takes 90 days for fish oil to start to aid in joint pain. For me my particular range of fish oil is 3000mg a day but a lot of it depends on your labs. Taking this as well and yeah this doesn't appear to do too much. Minor success for.me. Nice review