(Better than 70% in Multi-Vitamins)

MEGA MULTI is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Flex Nutrition. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

June 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Immune System Support
  • Chelated Minerals
  • Energy
  • No Extras
I picked up this gem from the SR.com TROOP program. It had been a long time since I had taken a multi-vitamin consistently. I began to see the difference really quick. I have been on a solid diet and exercise program for a while. I watch my macros and still don't eat as "good" as I should. I don't get a lot of the micronutrients that some fruits and vegetables provide. That's where a multi comes in handy for me.

Mega Multi has a solid ingredient profile. Of course, since it's a vitamin they list all the ingredients individually. I would never buy a multi if I saw that it was a prop blend. The label is extremely long so I wont list the individual ingredients. I have included a picture of the label so you can see what all is in there. I love the sufficient amount of essential vitamins and minerals needed each day to perform at your best. I feel like vitamins E and C are under dosed, but that seems to be my only real complaint of the ingredient label. Now, don't get me wrong, they are still useful and will help the average Joe get healthier. Vitamin K is missing. That's kind of bothersome, but not to the point where I wouldn't recommend it to people. Most don't even look for vitamin K in a multi like I do. Other than that I think it's quite good. Especially for the money you spend.

Taste- No taste because they're in pill form

Mixability- You don't mix pills... DUH

Dosing- 1 Pill a day. That's probably what I like most. I always took it after lunch.

I really felt like, since it had been so long since I had taken a multi-vitamin that this product helped me overall to feel better and be in a better mood. I don't feel like it did anything outlandish. However, I do, 100% believe it helped me get back on track by making me feel better, in general. I can't say I "felt" anything like I do with preworkout products. I can't say you will experience a different look like you can with pump products. But, I can say that if you don't take a multi-vitamin regularly and you start you can definitely tell a difference in your overall being after just a few days. Unless you get a bad multi. Natural energy and overall health is the goal of a multi and this one, I believe, helps with both.

Does it get any better than $20 for a two month supply of something? I didn't think so. At first glance I thought it might just be a 30 day supply. However, when I realized you only had to take 1 a day I realized that this was even better. Averaging $10 a month ona multi is light on anyone's supplement budget. I wish it were more widely available though. It seems the only place you can find it is Flex Nutrition's website.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, I feel like you get a really good multi-vitamin for an even better price. Let's review... Great ingredient profile with the exception of the missing vitamin K, 60 day supply for only $20, clean, natural energy with some overall health improvement, and easy to swallow. I can see my self ordering another bottle or two in the future. I don't see a reason why not, to be honest. Lastly, thank you to Flex Nutrition and SR.com. You guys ROCK for helping folks out like you do. I'm just happy to be apart of it.

June 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Robust Profile For One Pill
  • Great Value
  • Energy
  • Chelated Minerals
  • Immune System Support
  • Missing Digestive Enzymes
  • Probiotics

Flex Mega Multi is a superb multivitamin that will help keep your daily micronutrient intake on par provided your diet is in check.

A special thanks to Flex Nutrition for their continued participation here on SR.com. Also, an apology for the tardiness of this review. Today, I discuss my experience with their multivitamin, Mega Multi. Like many others, a multivitamin is a basic staple in my general supplement and dietary regimen. Multivitamins can help ensure your daily micro quotas are in check. Of course, as both me and other s would advocate, always make sure you're getting what you need primarily through your main diet.

As with all multivitamins, the profile is quite extensive and long. Therefore, instead of listing the ingredients and dosages, I have included an image for breakdown and listing of the ingredients. So, please refer to it for a reference to the profile.

Mega Multi contains sufficient amounts of all the essential vitamins and minerals needed as outlined by a basic dietary intake value. It is well dosed for the most part, but there are some main ingredients I would like to see higher. For example, rather than only 400 IU of vitamin D, I would prefer at least 1 full gram since vitamin D has several functions in the body and should be dosed higher to meet demands. I would also like higher doses of the vitamin E and vitamin C. Also, there is no vitamin K, which is a bit of a downer considering this is supposed to be a multivitamin supplement and you'd expect all general vitamins to be present. However, setting those aside, the main vitamin profile is sufficient enough.

I like how Mega Multi uses chelated forms of most of the minerals. Chelated forms of minerals are more favorably absorbed and bioavailable. I would like to see the magnesium dosed higher though.

Mega Multi also has some bonuses such as citrus bioflavonoids for additional immunity support. Others such as choline bitartrate are added for increased brain health support and nootropic benefits. There are others for increased general health support, but again, please refer to the included image for a complete breakdown of the profile.

I would prefer the addition of some digestive enzymes and probiotics as additional bonuses, but this is not mandatory.

You only require one capsule a day with food, making dosing a breeze. I took one cap first thing in the morning with breakfast. The caps are a little on the large size, but not horse pill size.

You don't necessarily "feel" a multivitamin take effect as it's benefits stem from your body's general state of health. I mainly gauige efficacy on how I believe it aided my health and helped act as a micronutrient insurance policy.

While using Mega Multi, the convenience of having to take only one vitamin capsule was a great and easy way to make sure I was getting all the necessary vitamins and minerals each in conjunction with my dietary food intake.

I never fell ill and I did feel a little more naturally energetic while on Mega Multi. Therefore, I can say that is did help give my immune system somewhat of a boost and supported better natural energy levels. I also had some improvement in focus thanks to the choline, but nothing spectacular in this sense.

Not much more I can say instead of I was not experiencing any of the signs or symptoms ( i.e low energy, difficulty concentrating, impaired immunity) of certain vitamin or mineral deficiencies. As a result, I can say that the all the nutrients were properly absorbed and bioavailable.

At only 20 dollars for a two month supply provided in each bottle, this is a fantastic price. Many of today's multivitamins will often provide only a one month supply at similar or even higher prices. Given Mega Multi's efficacy and supply in each bottle, 20 dollars is more than a reasonable value and well worth the investment.

Side Effects

Conclusion

At a great price with a sufficient profile, Mega Multi is a very good general staple to have on hand for health support and to keep your micro-nutrient intake on point. Again, be sure your nutrients are coming mostly and primarily from your dietary food intake.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!

June 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Immune System Support
  • Great Value
  • Robust Profile For One Pill
  • No Extras

An above-average one-pill multi at a fantastic price.

Thanks to FLEX for allowing me to run several of their products. I basically transitioned from taking their more robust multi, RX, directly in their simpler MEGA MULTI, which provided me a good frame of reference for this review.

I'm a believer in consistently taking a daily multivitamin in order to ensure I'm meeting core nutritional needs. I usually stick to a basic, one-pill multi with a relatively simple ingredient profile (ON's Opti-Men is my go-to). Also I want to note that I view multi-vitamins the same way I view protein - as a mandatory dietary staple; not a product I expect will take me to the next level. Thus it makes this particular category rather difficult to review.

The core profile of MEGA is essentially identical to their other multi-vitamin, RX, except the doses of primary ingredients has been halved. Conversely, and this was a con for me when I reviewed RX, the dosages of other, less essential minerals is actually higher in MEGA than they are in RX. This includes Calcium, Magnesium, Selenium, Chromium, and Potassium. Of course, as you would expect in a simpler multi-vitamin, it lacks any sort of "bonus" complex such as an enzyme blend, amino acids, or additional organ support.

Now, all that said, the core dosages of Vitamins A-E (including all the B's) in MEGA are still quite strong. RX was VERY competitively dosed on this front, so halving the dose is not as negatively impactful as it might sound. MEGA still matches up closely with Opti-Men in its amounts of A, C, the various B's, and Folate. And the secondary ingredients I mentioned? They are not only a vast improvement from RX, but the majority of them are dosed higher in MEGA than they are in Opti-Men. All said and done, I actually PREFER the profile of MEGA to that of RX, and we haven't even gotten to the Value section yet.

Of course, I always like to state that pills simply are not a good delivery method of vitamins. They don't trigger digestion and thus aren't absorbed very efficiently (which is why it's always recommended to take vitamins with meals). To compensate for this most multivitamins contain a greater than required amount of core ingredients (it's why you see 800% daily value of an ingredient included in a single dose - you don't actually absorb all 800%). Additionally, the recommended daily value doesn't account for factors such as body mass and metabolism. Personally I prefer a vitamin profile that includes high doses of vital, water-soluble vitamins.

No issues at all. One easy to swallow hard-packed tablet with no powder burps or overly strong odor/taste. I usually took my tablet with dinner.

As stated, it's difficult to gauge a vitamin's effectiveness. Did I notice a significant difference taking MEGA compared to RX or Opti-Men or another multi? Not really. I can't point to any specifics changes in my health or fitness progress as being directly attributable to this product. But actually, in this case, I think this is a point in favor of MEGA. Coming right off of a more robust product, I felt the same. MEGA kept me running and healthy and I saw no differences in general health or wellness.

I will also note that I did not get sick during my time on MEGA, which was a plus considering I've done a good bit of travel the past few weeks.

The industry norm for a men's multi is roughly .50c per dose, with the more aggressive "packs" running closer to $1.00 per day. I could only find Flex Nutrition's MEGA MULTI on their own website for $20 for a 60 pill bottle. That's a FANTASTIC cost of .33c per day. One of the cheapest I can find for a multi that still has a relatively robust profile, and certainly a far cry from the cost of Flex's RX multi, which has a very steep price of $1.20 per day.

This is even less expensive than Opti-Men, which you can dose at .46c per day. Granted, you do get a bit more from that product than you do from MEGA, particular with some of the aforementioned bonus complexes, but this is still impressive to me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I think Flex Nutrition has a winner here and it was absolutely my favorite of their three products that I ran. This is a basic multi with a solid, competitive profile at a GREAT price point. Absolutely ideal for anyone on a budget. Hard to beat this. I would 100% recommend and will likely purchase for myself in the future.

Overall
Overall
6.9
  May 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Chelated Minerals
  • Immune System Support
  • Low D3 And Magnesium Dose
  • Missing Vitamin K
  • Missing Other Vitamins Recommended

A good multivitamin that's easy to work into your daily product intake, but the cost is higher than most multivitamins.

Thank you Flex Nutrition for the 4th product of yours that I've tried. Flex Nutrition does have products I have tried that is good stuff and then some stuff I put in the middle of the pack. This was a good multivitamin but was missing some core stuff and the cost was a lot higher than I normally pay.

This is a long list and I want to list everything because it is a multivitamin. Vitamin A 10,000 IU, vitamin C 250 mg, vitamin D3 400 IU, vitamin D-3 400 IU, vitamin E 50 IU, vitamin B-1 100 mg, vitamin B-2 100 mg, niacin 100 mg, vitamin B-6 100 mg, folic acid 400 MCG, vitamin B-12 100 MCG, biotin 100 MCG, Panathenaic acid 100 mg, calcium 50 mg, iron 18 mg, iodine 150 MCG, magnesium 25 mg, zinc 15 mg, selenium 20MCG, copper 500 MCG, manganese 6 mg, chromium 250 MCG, potassium 10 mg, choline bitartrate 100 mg, inositol 100 mg, PABA 100 mg, citrus bioflavonoids 50 mg, betaine HCI 30 mg, rutin powder 50 mg, and trace mineral complex 1 mg. The ingredients listed are in good amounts and you can not get a multivitamin to fill all your needs. For example, I need 5000 IU of vitamin D3 (per blood work) so I have to take added vitamin D3 outside of what I can get in a multivitamin. Also, the body can only absorb so many vitamins so taking a high amount of vitamins is not very healthy, plus it is just a waste of money. I recommend doing your research on how much your body can take in before it stops absorbing it. I am going to do another review on the other multivitamin I have taken for years because it has a lot more vitamins and has many other things that this product does not contain. I wanted to know how Mega Multi compares to other multivitamins and if it meets the recommended daily intake. I am not trying to say Mega Multi is not good. I just want to compare it. The recommended daily vitamin intake amount depends on age and gender so the amounts of each vitamin are not listed. The core daily vitamins are listed below.

Vitamin A, Biotin, Riboflavin, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Vitamin C, Choline, Thiamine, Chromium, Magnesium, Selenium, Vitamin D, Folate, Vitamin B-6, Copper, Manganese, Zinc, Vitamin E, Niacin, Vitamin B-12, Fluoride, Molybdenum, Vitamin K, Pantothenic Acid, Iodine, and Phosphorus. First, what is missing from Mega Multi that need to be added? Riboflavin, thiamine, folate, fluoride, molybdenum, vitamin K, and phosphorus. Second, what is included that is not listed on the recommended intake. Folic acid, inositol, PABA, citrus bioflavonoids, betaine HCI, rutin powder, and trace mineral complex. Third, how much of each vitamin is too low or too high that is recommended. I am not going to look at each one, so I just looked at a few random ones based on my age and sex (39-year-old male). Information is below.

Vitamin A Recommend Max 10,000 IU and Mega Multi 10,000 IU. Niacin Recommend Max 35 mg and Mega Multi 100 mg. Zinc Recommend Max 40 mg and Mega Multi 15 mg. Copper Recommend Max 10,000 mcg and Mega Multi 500 mcg. Vitamin E Recommend Max 1,100 IE and Mega Multi 50 IE

As you can see, Mega Multi is short on some max but I did check to make sure it meets the minimal amount, which all did. All this is interesting but not enough to worry me. It is good to know what is missing and what to add. I believe that Mega Multi should add the recommended vitamins to its product. I give this a middle rating as it is not great, but it is not bad either.

Taste and mixability are not a part of this as it is tablet form. You are to take this once per day so the dosing is good. I will give this a high-ranking.

There is no real way to test the effectiveness of a multivitamin. What I will say is that I have taken multivitamins daily for years. Some leave you feeling better and some may give you an upset stomach. This was one of the multivitamins that continued to make me feel healthy and I did not have any stomach issues. This was an effective multivitamin that did what I was wanting it to do. I give it a high-ranking.

I was able to get a 60-day supply (60 tablets) and the cost is $22 for the 60 tablets so it is $.36 for a tablet. This is a high cost for me. My normal multivitamin is an Equate basic multivitamin for adults (I am not an Equate rep, I am just comparing to my normal supplement) and it is $8 for 200 tablets. I give the value a low ranking because the cost does not out way the benefits of other multivitamins on the market.

Side Effects

No bad side effects. When I 1st started taking them I did start to get a mellow yellow pee but nothing that was unusual.

Conclusion

This was just not a product I would try again. This does have a lot of ingredients but not all the ones I look for and not all the amounts I need. It was effective and dosing was no problem. It had a minor side effect but no problem. The value is low because the cost is too high. I just can not justify purchasing this product because there are so many options on the market at more reasonable prices. I would not recommend it again.

May 20, 2018

• Missing Digestive Enzymes
  • Probiotics
  • No Extras

Provides your basic vitamins and minerals at a nice price.

Hey SR, here today to review Flex Nutritions multivitamin called MegaMulti. Since I have been cutting and on a keto diet, I always like to have a multivitamin on hand to aid my extremely restrictive diet. Combining this with being in education and around kids all day, I want to make sure I'm getting all of my vitamins and minerals to make sure my immune system stays in good condition. I usually use premium multis, such as Opti-Men, Orange Triad, Animal Pak, etc, but Mega Multi stacked up pretty nicely. On to the review.

This being a multivitamin, it has a lot in it. Basically, you're getting good doses of just about every vitamin and mineral you need to supplement in your diet. Some highlights however is that the minerals, such as Zinc, Copper, etc. are the chelated form which is very nice. This also does provide some extras, such as citrus bioflavonoids, PABA, and choline which is very nice but the doses are pretty low. Overall, this is a pretty solid formula but when compared to the premium multis that include probiotics, digestive enzymes, fruit and vegetable complexes etc. it does leave a lot of that out.

No taste or mixability, one coated tab. Dosing is once a day with a meal, I always took with dinner. As easy as it gets, lots of vitamins are 1-2 times a day and multiple pills so tis was a nice change of pace.

As everyone will tell you, judging a multi is hard. However, I feel this worked very well for me as coming from a top tier multivitamin to this I did not feel much of a difference. Even in a carb and caloric deficit, I felt like I had the energy I needed to complete my day. I did not get sick on my run of this and overall felt really good. I felt this supplemented my diet really well. However, one knock I will give it compared to the premium multis, I did miss the probiotics and digestive enzymes. When you go low carb with a lot of meat and cheese, sometimes you can get backed up. Nothing too terrible, but I was a little more irregular and bowel movements were a little tougher. Overall though, and especially for someone on a regular diet, this would perform well.

This is another strong point of this product, especially when compared to premium multis. $20 for a two month supply. $10 a month for some piece of mind and making sure you have a well rounded diet is a great deal.

Side Effects

Yellow pee.

Conclusion

I think this is a great choice for someone looking for an above average multi vitamin that has a lot of value.

May 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Low D3 And Magnesium Dose

A Multi-vitamin that includes Iron and is missing Vitamin K. Very well priced and includes a couple extra's, some that are low-dosed. A few key ingredients here are at a lower dose than I am used to seeing in a multi.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I always like to keep a Multi-Vitamin in my daily stack. Any opportunity I have at trying out a new company (new to me that is) and seeing what their multi brings to the table I will always jump at the chance. For me its a good way to get to know a company, as something as basic as this, because if you can get the basics right then its likely the more "complicated" supplements offered by that company will have the same care. Big thank you to Flex Nutrition and SR for the opportunity to try and review this product. Lets see how Flex Nutrition did with the Mega Multi.

I keep an excel spreadsheet of all Multi's I have tried since joining this site to aid me in giving a fair comparison and review. The essential vitamins I look at are Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, K, Folic Acid, and Calcium. I also like to see Zinc, Chromium, Magnesium, and Boron included, but those are not as necessary in my eyes. Mega Multi gives a low dose of Vitamin D3 (400 IU per tablet) as I typically like to see a minimum of 600IU included. I have started to take a stand alone D3 pill so its not a big deal, but it would be great to have a multi that gives you all you need so you do not have to take a seperate pill. There is also a low serving of Magnesium (25mg) as other Multi's I have taken have at least 100mg included.

One big issue I have here is that we are missing Vitamin K. Vitamin K aids in blood clotting, and likely this is not included so people that are on Blood Thinners can take this. Again this is not a deal breaker, but I personally am not happy not having Vitamin K included, but this will vary person to person. I like to get Multi-Vitamins out of my multi.

This does include Iron (18mg) which is the highest dose of Iron I have had in a multi yet. While I am okay with this, others do not like to have Iron in their Multi's as 60mg and higher can be dangerous. No issue for me, but worth bringing up. Boron is not included here, which is not an essential vitamin but I like to have it included to aid my body in making testosterone.

The notable additions to the essential vitamins that stood out to me were 30mg Betaine and 1mg Trace Mineral Complex. Typically you will want at least 1g of Betaine to see its effect, so while I do like the addition its a bit low to really be effective. Trace Mineral Complex include a slew of needed minerals and low doses of 1mg can be effective, so at least we have a minimum dose here.

There is a high dose of B6 (100mg) and Chromium (250mcg) included as well which is always great to see. The rest of the vitamins I did not mention are adequately dosed. So to sum it up we have a low dose of D3, and Magnesium while we are missing Vitamin K.

Taste: No weird taste or anything from the tablets.

Mixability: Nothing to mix, but while the tablets appeared a bit large they were easy to swallow.

Dosing: One tablet daily with a meal. I took mine each day with breakfast, easy!

This is the hardest part in gauging a Multi. Typically I rate the effectiveness on if I got sick at all during the run, but of course there are a lot of variables at that as well. I did not get sick during this run so the Multi did do its job. One thing I will point out though is this did not feel as effective to me as other Multi's that I have taken. I was on the verge of getting sick once or twice on this run, but managed to kick it within a day. On other Multi's I never really feel even the slightest hint of sickness. Overall, this does an average job for you as a Multi-Vitamin should.

You can get 60 servings for $20.20 from Flex Nutrition themselves. This comes out to 34 cents a day which is one of the better values I have seen in a multi. If this mutli meets your daily requirements then its a great deal, but for me for just a little bit more you can get added greens or other extra's and Vitamin K, so this comes out to just a slightly average value in my opinion. I like to combine effectiveness with price to gauge the real value. If this had Vitamin K, more D3, and higher magnesium then this would be rated a lot higher for me.

Side Effects

Due to the high dose of B2 (riboflavin) you are going to experience the neon yellow pee. Pretty common in a multi high in riboflavin.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a multi without Vitamin K that also includes a high dose of Iron then this may be right for your. I typically do not need the extra Iron, but I do like my Vitamin K so this fell a bit short for me. Its very well priced and will do the job at keeping your immune system healthy. Not a bad option just depends on what you need from your daily multi!