(Better than 43% in Protein > Whey Protein)

EVERYDAY WHEY - PRO is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Flex Nutrition. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

October 8, 2018

• MCTs
  • Fits Macros
  • A Bit Pricey

Solid whey protein powder that has some MCT's in it and no artificial sweeteners.

Good morning ladies and gents. Today I am here to review Everyday Whey by Flex Nutrition. I received it from the SR.com TROOP program. I use protein powders to meet daily macro needs. I like the help with recovery that it gives me and the fact that it keeps me out of a catabolic state.

Solid Ingredient Profile

(Per Scoop)

Total fat 2g
Sodium 95mg
Total carbs 4g
Sugars 2g
Protein 24g

With this profile I would think anyone can fit this into their daily macros. If you're on a keto diet you may want to reconsider the carbs. However, the MCT's may make it worth it to you. Top it off with Stevia sweetening rather than artificial sweeteners and you have a solid ingredient profile.

Taste- I had the Creamy Vanilla and it tasted pretty good for a vanilla protein powder. I am usually not a vanilla guy. But, this wasn't bad at all.

Mixability- I mixed with water, milk, oatmeal, PB2, and creatine powder. No matter what I put in, there wasn't any clumping or other issues.

Dosing- I used 1-3 scoops a day.

It's pretty hard for me to judge protein powders. I can judge them for the label. I can judge them for taste. I can't really tell you if it worked in recovery. I can assume, because it helped me meet my daily macro needs, that it helped with my recovery. However, I don't know that for sure. So, on that note, it has a good taste. It has a solid ingredient label. Because of this I was able to get my macros in and I am sure this helped me in my recovery.

$36 for 26 servings is a bit much in my opinion. Because it has MCT's and no artificial sweeteners I feel like it could be worth a little more than the average protein powder. If I can get it on sale for 15%-20% off I will probably try some more flavors.

Side Effects

None. I was looking for some bloating but couldn't tell.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I think it's a great protein powder. It tastes good, it has a great ingredient profile, and it definitely helps with meeting your macro needs. I want to thank sr.com and Flex Nutrition for allowing me the shot to try this. I appreciate it.
  • Creamy Vanilla: 8/10

Overall
Overall
7.1
  August 23, 2018

• Bloating

Whats up everyone here for another review of Everyday Whey-Pro by Flex Nutrition. This protein is one of my favorites that have tried in the last few months. There are a couple reasons that I say this. The first being the ingredients is next to none and in a good way. I like my proteins with only protein, and isn't that what we really want? I get my main amino acids from different supplementation so this is never an issue for me. Overall this was a solid choice and may be good for any level lifter.

Total fat 2g
sodium 95mg
total carbs 4g
sugars 2g
Protein 24g
There are various types of proteins that you can choose to take. For the most part I stick with whey protein concentrate. The difference between the types of protein are as follows:
- Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey concentrates contain 70-80 percent protein, with low amounts of lactose and fat. Concentrates normally contain less protein but may have more health benefits
- Whey Protein Isolate
Whey protein isolate has had most of fat and lactose removed, and as a result it has a protein content of 90-95%.
- Whey Protein Hydrolysate
Hydrolysed has already undergone partial breakdown and this reduces digestion time compared to the other two forms of protein. Both whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate can be made into whey protein hydrolysate (bodybuilding.com)

For this protein I was sent the creamy vanilla flavor. Overall I thought it was one of the better tasting vanilla proteins that I have had. Usually I hate vanilla protein, but this was tolerable and even tasty. In regards to mix-ability you absolutely have to mix this in a shaker cup or blender. Make sure you have a decent shaker cup because it can clump up especially if you are not using enough liquid or decide to use milk instead of water. In regards to dosing one scoop is 34g and there is 26 servings per container slightly less than I would hope for.

When I started taking this protein I was questioning if the simple ingredient profile would be good for my current goals. For the most part this protein exceeded my expectations. I always took one shake before my workouts in the morning which served a good breakfast. In the next few weeks of taking this I felt a good rate of recovery which enhanced my workouts everyday. With consistent supplementation I noticed greater strength and muscle gain. I was able to lift like a bad-a** in the gym. Since I was focusing more on compound lifts such as bench and squat these are the lifts I noticed greatest gain. My shoulder and quads gained mass in just the 4-5 weeks. It was not anything spectacular where I was looking like Olympia out there, but there was enough gain to notice a difference. I can contribute this to some bloating that occurred while taking this product. I am not sure why there was bloating since the ingredient profile was so simple, but it may have something to do with the added stevia in the product.

On the Flex Nutrition website the same tub of protein costs $34.99. You get 26 servings which is about $1.3 /serving. The weird thing is that I could not find this product anywhere else. I know that it is not a well-known brand right now, but was expecting there to be another site with this product. If there are other members that know an additional source to buy this please comment below.

Side Effects

mild bloating when using for long periods.

Conclusion

Overall a good protein to get if you are looking for some good gains in the gym. I feel it worked best with compound lifts since that is what I had experience with. I thought the taste was good and it was an appropriate dosage in a protein supplement. If you are looking for a safe bet for a solid protein I would say try this one, I don't think it will let you down.
  • Creamy Vanilla: 6/10

August 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • MCTs
  • Fits Macros
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Carbs High

A good whey blend protein, better flavoring and some extras than bulk.

Hey SR, here today to review Flex Nutrition's whey protein called Everyday Whey Pro. I use protein daily to meet macro requirements, help with recovery, stay out of a catabolic state, and satiate hunger. Because of these purposes, I usually enjoy a whey/casein blend but I adjust to what I have, make my own, and find most proteins very useful in helping me with my goals. Here's how Everyday Whey did.

I would say this is an above average whey protein profile. I attached the supplement facts, but the macros are as follows: 140 cals, 2g fat, 4g carbs (2g sugar), 24 g protein. With these macros, it's pretty easy to fit into the most strict diet plans, even though the carbs are a little higher than I like on my keto diet. This protein then adds some MCTs, which I really like for my keto diet, and Stevia for a more natural sweetening option. Overall, a good profile and looks like a mixture between bargain and more premium with the ingredients.

Because of the MCTs and a little added sugar, this whey has a better taste than cleaner or bulk proteins. I had the creamy vanilla flavor and even though I'm not huge on vanilla it was good. Mixability was good, minimal shaking, and a little thicker than regular which I like. Dosing is whenever you need it, I would usually take postworkout or as a snack/meal replacement mid day. I usually took one full scoop of this, but sometimes I did a half/half with casein.

Proteins are hard to judge, but since this was easy to fit into my macro/diet plan this worked. I progressed in terms of my goals in the gym and my recovery did not suffer. I didn't lose any muscle mass even though I am cutting so it kept me out of a catabolic state along with my protein macros. I will say, I did enjoy this more when I mixed a half scoop with a half scoop of casein as it helped me in terms of satiating hunger, but did an ok job by itself as well. I had no digestion issues so this protein worked well for me.

This is on the pricier side of things at $35 for 26 servings. You can definitely buy cheaper bulk proteins and receive a much better $/serving, but this does taste better, have MCTs and stays away from artificial sweeteners. I would like it a little cheaper, but I think it's fair.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I think this is a nice protein and a mix between bargain and premium. It worked well for me and will look for sales.

April 26, 2018

We lift things up and put them down. We like to run around. To keep our muscles growing. We need Protein yes we do. Flex Nutrition has a 100% whey protein to add to your supplement shelf. I found this an easy to take, easy to make addition to my nutrition needs.

Ok, so first I should apologize for the title, but I just read a note from DaSlaya and must of had Army on my mind...... Second I want to thank Flex Nutrition and SrTrooper program for allowing me to give this a try. Being able to try new things is a lot of fun and really appreciated.
But back to the review. I am an older married guy who needs to stay in shape to get ready for the Zombie Attack? No, I just like working out and trying to get in better shape. During my use of this product I was mainly doing body weight exercises such as, Insanity, Asylum, P90x2 and walking and running on the treadmill. I hadn't been using protein for a while so I wanted to see what would happen.

What we have here is a fairly clean profile, broken down in the following way.

34 G serving size.

2 g of fat of which 1.5g is Saturated
4 g of carbohydrate, which has 2g of sugar.
24 g of protein, (as concentrate and isolate)

This is basically 71% protein per scoop. Which is a little higher than Prosource's Nitrowhey that comes in at 69% per scoop. I myself don't care that it is concentrate and isolate. I feel that I am not that high level athlete where I need to have the best of the best. I don't notice a difference between concentrate and isolate therefore this is fine. I use protein drinks as a quick and easy supplement, I don't worry about how fast it gets into my system. With this profile you can fit it into your day whether you are getting ready for a contest or trying to gain weight. Now if your trying to gain weight you might have to add some peanut butter and oats, but you get the point.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the Creamy Vanilla flavor and thought it was OK. I normally don't get Vanilla but that is what they have. It is a very drinkable product, it just blow me away where I would have to have it.

This product mixed really well. I used anywhere from 6oz to 16oz of water and had no issues. I used it in my smoothies as well and it added a nice creamy vanilla to my morning spinach.

They suggest to mix or shake 1 scoop in 8oz of water, juice or milk. Use between major meals and before and after workout. So, basically any old time you want some extra protein you go ahead and mix up a drink and guzzle it down. As normal for me, pretty easy dosing. I did not do 3 scoops a day ever, I did however use this to fill my protein needs as I felt like it.

This product was pretty effective for me. I am getting to the point where I don't think I need as much protein as some people seem to think. This was nice to have to give me a healthy drink option. I didn't notice when I skipped a day, nor did I notice a difference when I used 2 scoops a day compared to 1 scoop. That just goes to my thoughts that if you are eating healthy supplements will just help make it easier on you, which this product did

As of 4/26/2018 they have it listed for $34.34 for 26 servings. Which compared to my go to Machine Whey @ $29.99 for 25 servings is a little high. Personally I think they need a 4 or 5 pound jug as well but hey what do I know. Is it outrageously priced? No, it just is more than my go to. If I found it on sale I would still consider it a good buy.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product. I used it as a stand alone and added to my veggie smoothies. No digestive issues or other problems that sometimes accompany protein shakes.

Conclusion

Protein is protein? They say it isn't. I say if you use reputable companies it probably is. This is a good product. If I found it on sale I would use it again. I think the big reason it won't be on my counter is that other companies have bigger jugs which brings the price per scoop down. I am if nothing else a frugal consumer. I have suffered through a 10# bag of protein because it was on sale. Comparing this to other 2# jugs I would add it to my rotation. If you buy in bulk like me, you might have to wait for a good sale. This product tasted good, helped me recover and helped fill my protein numbers for the day. All this without causing gas warfare or an upset tummy. What else could a guy ask for? Just the cost, just the cost.
  • Creamy Vanilla: 7/10

April 8, 2018

• A Bit Pricey

big thanks to Flex Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review Everyday Whey-Pro. Protein is the main staple in my supplement stack as it is for 99.9% of everyone else. I'm always on the lookout for a new protein to try and when Everyday Whey-Pro became available I had to give it a try. Its hard to trust whether or not protein powder is of high quality or not (fillers).

The ingredient profile is fully transparent and features 24g of protein per serving. The protein is a combination of concentrate and isolate. Concentrate is normally 70% or higher protein content with water, lactose, minerals, etc... removed. Isolate contains protein content of 90% or higher and is one of the purest forms of protein available. In addition to the protein content there is added MCTs (Medium-chain triglycerides) which bypasses the liver and absorbed for fast energy.

Supplement Facts
140 Calories
20 Calories from Fat
2g Total Fat
1.5g Saturated Fat
4g Total Carbohydrates
2g Sugar (sucralose)
24g Protein

Taste - There is currently only one flavor available with that being Creamy Vanilla. It tasted good mixed with water and great in milk. It had a very very creamy flavor and there really wasn't anything bad to note. Overall I'd give the flavor a 9/10.

Mixability - Really no issues whatsoever in regards to mixability. It was kind of thick when mixing with milk but that was expected. No clumping, settlement or foaming.

Dosing - Depends on your protein requirements & recovery.... For this review I mixed one scoop with 8oz of milk or water following training, on non training days I took one serving to fill my protein macro count.

To help judge the effectiveness of protein powders I like to use two different areas: digestibility & recovery. In terms of digestibility I had no issues, there was no bloating or stomach cramping. Milk sources seem to bother me from time to time but this time it didn't. There was a nice boost with my recovery time following training sessions. My DOMs decreased to allow me to train harder next workout. It wasn't a dramatic recovery but it was a nice boost especially just coming from protein. Of course Everyday Whey-Pro was an easy way to fill my macro requirements.

The only place I could find Everyday Whey-Pro was on the Flex Nutrition website. Each tub contains 26 servings and will cost you $34.34 or $1.32 per serving. The price is above average when compared to similar protein supplements. If tubs contained a full 30 day supply then the price might be more warranted.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Everyday Whey-Pro is a solid protein and I definitely recommend giving this a shot. The taste is great and the ingredient profile is quality featuring protein from two different sources along with added MCTs. The price is on the high end but this isn't widely available yet. I'm thinking once it becomes more widely available you will see the price come down. Thanks again to Flex Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
  • Creamy Vanilla: 9/10

March 28, 2018

• A Bit Pricey

A special thanks to Flex Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their protein product Everyday-Whey Pro. We all need our protein as it is one of the most important nutrients in general. It serves as the raw building blocks to our body's living tissue structures among other things. Ensuring we get enough protein on a daily basis can be easily and efficiently done through a healthy diet containing plenty of high quality protein sources such as lean meats, seafood, nuts, certain vegetables, beans, etc. However, having a supplement on hand is particularly useful to act as a little insurance when our diets may not 100% perfect at times.

Everyday Whey Pro's profile is simple and straight to the point.

Each scoop provides 24g of protein composed of both whey concentrate and whey isolate.

In addition, each serving contains an added amount of MCTs, which can aid in anabolic recovery muscle tissue support, energy, and potentially fat loss depending on your diet and training protocols.

Going through the more common nutrition facts, each serving yields 140 calories, 2g of fat (1.5g of which is saturated), 2g of sugar, and 4g of carbs.

The product is sweetened with stevia, and free of both soy and gluten.

Currently, Everyday-Whey Pro only comes in one flavor: Creamy Vanilla

I found it to be very good in both water and milk. It was a satisfying consistency of both sweet and creamy without any heavy artificial aftertastes.

It mixed well for the most part, but there were a couple of occasions where I mixed it with milk that I did get tiny little clumps. Though, this only happened a couple of times and only with milk. It was easily remedied by using a blender.

I mention plenty of times that dosing depends on your protein requirements. I prefer to get my my protein primarily through food, but I did use one scoop mixed with either water or milk of this preferably in the morning. I did also use it in the evenings a few times as well.

Everyday-Whey Pro was a superb supplement that did a great job in helping with my muscle recovery. As I typically see with most protein supplements, I experienced less DOMS and muscle fatigue from my workouts as the extra protein supplementation and MCTs help give my recovery a nice boost. Of course, this was provided I was eating plenty and getting adequate rest.

It was a great tasting and efficient whey to help keep my protein macro requirements up to point, without derailing any of my dietary practices with any unnecessary sugars, carbs, or fats.

Thanks to the increased recovery, I also had some more natural energy through the day leading up to each consecutive training session.

Currently, Everyday-Whey Pro is only available through Flex Nutrition's website. It goes for a retail price of 34.34 for 26 servings per 2 lbs tub. While that isn't the most expensive, I think that is a bit of a steep price tag considering it does not contain a full 30-day's supply. Nonetheless, it is a very good high quality protein that I think is worth the investment. As usual, look out for sales.

Side Effects

Conclusion

To help keep your protein intake requirements in check, I would recommend Every-Day Whey Pro a try. It is great tasting, soy and gluten free, helps with recovery, can give you more natural energy, and provides MCTs for enhanced recovery benefits. Be sure your diet and training on on point and always look out for sales.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO BRUINS!!!
  • Creamy Vanilla: 9/10

6.7
  March 26, 2018

• A Little High

Shout out SR and Flex Nutrition for allowing me to sample yet another staple supplement in anyone's workout regime. I'm always interested in trying different proteins since I typically stick to the same ole thing each and every time I go to the store. What peaked my interest in this one was that it was sweetened with stevia.

With 2g of fat, 95mg of sodium, 4 total carbs and 24 grams of protein (concentrate and isolate). I was unable to find the specifics of how much of each. It also contains MCT and stevia. MCT claims to have many health benefits. They are quick clean fuel for your body and great if you are on a ketogenic diet. Of course stevia is great so its not loaded with sugar or sucralose. Which my body has become accustomed to not liking these days.

i received Vanilla which i did not see any other flavors. The taste was one of the better vanillas i have had in a while. I got burnt out on the last so it was nice to find a new one i liked because i like to make protein pancakes with vanilla protein. It was very easy to mixup with water or milk with not much of a taste difference between the two as normal and little residue left over in the shaker cup. Dosing really depends on personal preference and when you are taking it. Myself, i take 1.5 scoops one a regular basis then bump up to 2-3 scoops after a workout.

Effectiveness is really hard to tell on protein since it does not give you a burst of energy like pre. While taking this, it seemed to stay with me and not make me hungry within an hour so that was a plus. it did not make me feel bloated or anything either.

As for value, i thought it was a little steep. At $35 dollars for 26 servings and 24 grams per scoop, that came to over .05 per gram of protein compared to the .02 i pay for my usual protein. I will add that my usually protein does not contain MCT so i don't know how much that brings up the price. With saying that, i still would not mind to buy this strictly for my protein pancakes but not to drink on a regular basis.

Side Effects

Side effects, i experienced no sides.

Conclusion

In conclusion, i thought Flex Nutrition produced a simple yet great whey protein that i would not mind drinking everyday. I really like the fact of MCT and Stevia to sweeten. For those of you looking for a good vanilla to drink, you will be pleased with this product. Thanks again Flex Nutrition and SR!

March 15, 2018

• A Little High
  • Carbs High

Another review for the SR people on protein. Thank you to Flex nutrition for giving me a chance to try your product. This is a good everyday protein to use.

Fat 2 g
Cholesterol less than 1 gram
Carbohydrates 4 g
Sugar 2 g
Protein 24 g

This is whey protein with whey concentrate and isolates and has MCT and stevia. It is a milk-based protein. Whey protein concentrate is the most used protein powder and has low amounts of fat and carbs. Protein isolates is a more pure amount of protein and have less or no lactose with a low amount of fat. Both proteins are effective and are usually used by preference. MCT is medium chain triglycerides that can help add weight to the body and hopefully increase muscle mass. Stevia is a sugar-free based ingredient that will increase sweet taste of products without the extra calories and cut sugar. These are good ingredients. The only question I wanted to be answered was how much of the protein was concentrate and how much was isolate.

I was able to get this in the vanilla flavoring and the taste was fine. The mixability was not an issue. You would mix it with 8 to 12 oz of liquid. This was not a protein that would thicken so it was easy to drink. It would not need more liquid to loosen if refrigerated before use. It was one scoop and the dosing was about the same as others. On the tube, it says that it mixes easy and this was definitely happening. I give this a good rating.

This was another effective protein powder. I had good muscle recovery and had the energy that I would need during the workout. I usually take a protein shake before workout and after the workout. This one was effective in doing what I needed it to do. I did have an increase in weight by 2.5 pounds so be careful if you are trying to lose weight. This is a good protein with good ingredients, so I gave it a good rating.

I was only able to find this protein on the company website on sale at $34. With a 30 serving tub, the cost is $1.13 per serving. This is a normal price for a good protein powder but cheaper effective protein powders are available. If you are looking to put on weight, this is a good rating. If you want to lose weight, this is a low rating. So the value of this product really depends on your weight goals.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed

Conclusion

I like this protein. It had good ingredients and has stevia so that cuts back on the sugar. The taste was good, mixability was fast, and the dosing was right on. The only downfall I found with this was that the carbs were higher than I normally use. If you want to increase weight than I would suggest it. I try to keep my carbs as low as possible and don't want to add carbs to my diet when it comes to my protein. I felt that it was effective and did what it needed to do. Price is a bit high but nothing that's too much because I usually have my cost at $1.00 per serving. I don't see any problems with this powder and would recommend it. I give it a good rating.

March 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • BEST TASTE EVER

What is going on guys? I've got another protein review coming at you. I'd like to thank all the people at Flex Nutrition and SR for making this review possible. I'm always looking for a new protein to add to my stack because you can never have too much protein (EVERR).

What's in it? Whey protein, natural and artificial flavors, MCT, sodium chloride, sucralose, and Stevia extract.

1 scoop = 1 serving
    140 Calories
    2g Fat
    1.5g Saturated Fat
    95mg sodium
    4g Carbs
    2g Sugar
    24g Protein
    There is no gluten and no soy in this powder and the protein is 100% GMO-free.
    This is the first protein that I've ever tried that had stevia in it and that really caught my eye from the get-go. I imagined a sweet new taste that I had never experienced before from my protein powder (we'll get more into that later). 140 calories is pretty common compared to similar powders with a similar protein content. I believe that people in a blue or even a cut could take advantage f the macronutrients in this supplement. I also really like that it's relatively low carb and low sugar.

Taste: Creamy vanilla was a slam dunk for me personally. I love vanilla flavors in general so this came as no surprise to me. What made this taste different from all the other vanilla powders out there was the elevated sweetness level which had to be from the stevia. It legitimately tasted like a cheat meal it was so good. I mixed it in with my morning oatmeal at times and it transformed that bland bowl of fiber into something purely magical.

Mixibility: No issues while using 1 serving with 8-10 ounces of water in your traditional shaker bottle.

Dosage: I would take 1 serving immediately post workout and I occasionally mixed it in with my morning oatmeal.

This is always a tough sell, how to properly judge how effective a macronutrient supplement is. I personally look at like this:
    1.) Did I have any gastrointestinal issues while taking this product? No.
    2.) Did I experience strength gains in the time table that i was using this product? Yes, but no more than you'd expect from an extra 24g of protein immediately post workout. My maxes didn't all of a sudden increase 30 pounds in 3 weeks is what I'm saying. That's like eating a piece of chicken and then expecting to become magically super strong. Strength is a combination of training and nutrition.
    3.) Did I make progress in my physique while using this product? Yes, I'm currently on a lean bulk so I definitely feel that this product helped play a part in my lean mass gain.
    4.) Did my recovery rate change? No, my recovery stayed pretty stable as usual. I think there would've been a noticeable improvement if the powder contained extra glutamine or something similar.

$35.34 on the manufacturer's website (I could not find this product anywhere else on the internet). This comes out to $1.17 per serving. It's not the best deal out there but I feel the flavor justifies the extra loose change per serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great tasting macro-friendly protein that I will definitely look to add to my current stack. It just tasted soooooooo good.
    • Creamy Vanilla: 10/10