FitJoy Bars Reviews

By: FitJoy!

Energy Supplements > Bars
FitJoy Bars is an Energy Bar manufactured by FitJoy!. It helps fuel your body by providing extra calories to increase muscle performance and endurance.

September 14, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gluten And Artifical GMO Ingredient-Free
  • No Stomach Issues
A big thank you to FitJoy for sending 2 of these Pre-Launch kits. I don't eat protein bars too often. I usually prefer real food and consider it a gamble trying something new as some bars as just plain awful. I usually stuck to what I knew and liked, which were basically a few of the Quest Bars and MetRx Bars, and even those were only in rare situations.

Although I complain, I still have a few laying around. So it was nice to have quite a few of these guys laying around as well.

A bar will usually contain 20p, 7f, and 25c(13 being fiber).

While the fiber content may be on average 4-5 grams lower, it's still a very high amount for a protein bar.

No complaints here. There should be no reason anyone couldn't fit this in their daily diet, unless you are getting ready for a show.

Now, I said these are comparable to a Quest bar in terms of the macros, but taste wise, they are far better. They have a better texture and they all taste better. They are easier to chew on, that's for sure.

My favorite was the Cookie Dough. Probably because when I compared the taste to a cookie Quest bar, there was no comparison. Just delicious and probably the closest cookie dough protein bar I've had to compare to actual cookie dough.

The chocolate peanut butter was great as well from what I remember.

Unlike Quest bars, these didn't make me feel constipated. Enough said right there.

FitJoy was great at keeping my hunger away between meals and also made for a great morning snack on the way to work

Not much to say when it comes to a protein bar. It's basically a simple meal replacement.

While these guys are around 28 for a box of 12. Compared to other bars, it's very comparable. Not the cheapest I've seen, but not bad by any means.

You shouldn't rely on bars for food as it is, they are supposed to be convenient snacks when you're in a pinch. The price is worth the quality in my opinion.

Side Effects

Conclusion

FitJoy will be my new go to protein bar. While they can't be found at grocery stores yet like Quest and MetRx bars, when I have the options in front of me, I will choose FitJoy 99% of the time.

The taste is great and the texture blows the graininess of Quest bars out of the water. Worth having around the house for when you need a quick high protein snack that will help you hold you over until your next meal.
  • Mint Chocolate Crisp: 9/10
  • Frosted Cinnamon Roll: 9/10

Overall
Overall
8.9
  August 31, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • High Fiber
  • GMO Free
  • A Bit Pricy
  • Could Use More Crunch

I'm a powerlifter in the midst of a very long cut (15 months at this point). I often use protein bars to get in an extra protein serving while getting in a good amount of fiber. I have tried a number of bars on the market, and I'm glad to share my thoughts on them.

Fitjoy bars are gluten free and GMO free. They also have no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners. This is the profile for the mint chocolate crisp bars: Each bar as 220 calories, 20g protein, 25g carbohydrates, 7g fat, 13g fiber, 4g sugar, 10% RDA calcium, 4% RDA iron.

The taste is great. They taste like Girl Scout Cookies (thin mint of course), and they have a bit of a crunch, but I wish they were crunchier.

They're a bit chewy, which is expected when you have a higher fiber bar, but they have a good mouth feel and they aren't hard/dry as some high fiber bars are.

1 bar is 20g protein which is almost enough to optimize MPS (as the protein in the bar is both whey and casein). I think this is fine for just a snack, but if you're looking for a meal replacement or to take the bars post workout, then I would eat another protein source along with it, e.g. 1 oz of jerky.

I'm not quite sure how to assess the effectiveness of a protein bar as it's not something you feel, as you would with a pre-workout, but they provide high quality protein as well as keep you full for a couple of hours. Again, if you're looking for a meal replacement, 220 calories is low, so I would eat something along with the bar.

Protein bars are usually $1.50-3/bar, and these come in about $2.33/bar, so they're in the normal range, maybe a bit on the higher side of normal, depending on what you compare them to.

I think the price is fair, but I wouldn't call them a steal. If they were $2/bar, I would be stockpiling them. Hopefully, some deals will come soon.

Side Effects

I had no side effects as I went through the box. Of course, check the ingredients to make sure you're not allergic to anything in them. Other than that, I can't imagine them causing many side effects.

Conclusion

I thoroughly enjoyed my box and if you like chocolate and mint and want a protein bar that doesn't remind you of cement, then I would highly recommend giving Fitjoy a shot.

August 25, 2016

• Good Taste With Some
Introduction + Supplement facts
Huge thank you to cellucor and fitjoy for letting me do a review of their pre-lunch kit. These bars are no gmos, no gluten, and no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners, no sucralose, no artificial preservatives. Let's see how there bars stack up for a on the go snack or a meal replacement when you're having a busy day.
Taste + Mixability + Dosing
For protein bars the taste was pretty good I really enjoyed all the flavors they sent me. The one that I really like the most was the chocolate iced brownie because it tasted like the little debbie brownie snacks you can buy.

Effectiveness 8.0/10
These bars really came in handy and it was a nice change from drinking protein shakes all the time. I recently started a part-time job in addition to my full time one and the fitjoys bars really helped me when I needed something to eat. The bars were a really nice meal replacement in between both jobs. Another thing that I really like about the bars were that they were really filling for me versus having a protein shake. I also like the convince factor with the bars you just open and eat no shaker bottle needed. Normally I would get off work at my full-time job at 3pm then go straight to my part-time job at 4pm till 9pm so the bars were really handy for giving some extra calories to keep me full in till I was able to eat food after work. Overall they were pretty tasty and god bars.
Value 7.0/10
Well most websites had a box of 12 bars for 29.99 but the actual fitjoynutrition.com had them the cheapest at 27.99 for a box of 12 this usually never happens. Anyways for a box of 12 bars it will cost you 2.33 for each bar which is pretty pricey for a convince protein meal.

Side Effects

Zero Side effects

Conclusion

Overall fitjoy bars were really good for what they are in an ever growing protein bar market. The bars were a nice quick go to meal for me during a busy day or in between jobs. But for the cost of the bars it can be pretty expensive for a 12 day supply of them. That's of course if your also eating a bar a day too. If you have extra cash I would get these bars again but otherwise for the price it's really hard to keep buying them.
  • Frosted Cinnamon Roll: 10/10
  • Mint Chocolate Crisp: 10/10

August 17, 2016

Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and the folks at Fit Joy, affiliated with Cellucor, for the opportunity to try your new protein bars. Protein bars are not an everyday staple product for me. I have never purchased a box of bars. Typically, I will buy several bars per week, from my go to brands and flavors.

Many of the bars out there are deceptive, in that the marketing claims no sugar, however, if you delve into the ingredient label, there are ingredients that are deemed sugar, but have fancy names that hide the fact the product contains sugar. Now that doesn't mean I do not personally like the taste.

Taste is a HUGE factor for me so I am not a huge fan of those true, all natural bars that taste like a clump of grass and dirt you find in a field somewhere.

Ingredient Profile :

Protein 20grams
Fat 7grams
Carbs 25grams with 13g fiber included

Not going to post the whole profile, just point out some main points for ingredients. Prior reviewers have done a great job in listing the full label.

A protein blend, of whey isolate, milk isolate. Sugar is an ingredient in the 4-5 gram range.

Taste 8/10:

I received 5 different flavors, which were all equally an 8/10 on the taste scale. They were melted quite a bit and they were pre-launch bars, so I am not going to include that into my review.

Frosted Cinnamon Roll-tasted like a cinnamon roll, frosty covering

Chocolate Iced Brownie-chocolaty bar, tasted like a brownie

Chocolate Peanut Butter-nice combination of chocolate and peanut butter flavor

Mint Chocolate Crisp- a rice crispy like bar

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough-very doughy, but definitely tasted like cookie dough

Mixability: N/A

Dosing:

I consumed one bar every other day until I ate them all

Effectiveness 7.5:

Always tough to judge, its a protein bar. The best way for me to determine some type of effectiveness is if the protein bard caused any stomach/GI issues. I had zero issues while consuming each bard. They all equally tasted very good to me and compete taste wise with the likes of Quest Bars. 220 calories is about the expected content for a small/mid sized bar. I am personally not a fan of those 350 + calorie bars, as they are belly bombers to me.

Value 6.5/10:

As of this review, there's a handful of online retailers that carry these bars all at a $27.99 per box price tag. This is a bit higher than their main competitor Quest Nutrition. Would be nice to see the price come down to their competitor level.

Side Effects:

No side effects experienced

Conclusion 7/10:

A very good tasting bar, that's a bit pricey compared to what's currently on the market. No stomach issues and I would add these bars to my weekly rotation.
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: 8/10
  • Chocolate Iced Brownie: 8/10
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 8/10
  • Frosted Cinnamon Roll: 8/10
  • Mint Chocolate Crisp: 8/10

August 13, 2016

If anyone remembers, I am constantly on the go like many of you are. I leave home at 530 to go to the gym and get home from work around 6PM, then there is overtime, weekend shifts, overnight shifts, ect. Its REALLY hard to get a lunch break at work and nearly impossible to pack a lunch. I live off of ostrim and protein bars most days until I get home so I was pumped for the opportunity to try this new brand out.

I am copy and pasting...sorry.
Dairy Protein Blend [Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Cocoa Crisp (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Tapioca Starch, Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Calcium Carbonate, Sunflower Lecithin)], VitaFiber(Isomalto-Oligosaccharides), Ground Almonds, Vegetable Glycerin, Water, Chicory Root Fiber, Unsweetened Chocolate, Natural Flavor, Sugar, High Oleic Sunflower Oil (with Citric Acid to protect flavor), Erythritol, Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Dextrose, Stevia, Soy Lecithin.

I cant really make heads or tales out of a lot of this as far as health goes besides that protein is the main ingredient. IT does have sugar, and moreso than non-nutrative sweeteners like stevia and erythritol.

They also have 220 cal, 7g fat 1.5g sat fat, 20g protein, 13g fiber, 4g sugar, and 25g total carbs (12 net carbs)

FitJoy sent me one of each of the flavors of Chocolate Peanut Butter, Frosted Cinamon Roll , Mint Chocolate Crisp, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Iced Brownie, and French Vanilla Almond.

Each and every one of these bars is absolutely delicious. I had been turned off of mint flavored protein because I had a crap ton of really terrible mint flavored protein bars. The texture of these bars was absolutely perfect. Not grainy like certain bars and not tough as nails like others. They were soft, chewy, and delicious. Every. single. one.

It is nearly impossible to determine the effectiveness of protein bars. These bars seemed a bit small for my liking (probably in part because they were so good. If using as a meal replacement I would probably prefer to eat two to get fully satiated, but they did the trick for a snack.

The cheapest I found these was for 28 bucks for a box of 12. This makes each one cost about 2.33. This is pretty expensive, even compared to what you can find other popular bars by a few dollars.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is really hard for me. I love the taste of these bars but find them to be too small for them to be worth the money I would need to spend on them. The taste and texture is superb but the size of a single bar isnt filling enough for me. It would have to be a judgement call for each individual if the size and price is worth the investment.
  • Frosted Cinnamon Roll: 10/10
  • Mint Chocolate Crisp: 10/10

August 7, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gluten And Artifical GMO Ingredient-Free
  • Healthy Nutrition Content
  • Good Taste With Some
  • Little Consistency
Protein bars are everyones best friend when you're in a rush and have to fill in the last bit of macro's for the day. But not all protein bars are the same, many are candy bars with low quality protein thrown in and others just taste horrible. My usual go to protein bars are Fit Crunch, Cliff Builder Bars, Lenny & Larrys (eh protein cookie anyone?) and of course the king of the category Quest Nutrition. Fit Joy is new to the game and a company dedicated to perfecting their product so keep in mind this review is for the launch kit and they're still working on their final product.

While each bar is slightly different with the calorie and macors most come around the following

Protein 20g
Fat 7g
Carbohydrates 25g (13g fiber)

Again flavors make a difference.

These are contain NO artificial preservatives and are GMO and Gluten Free, awesome.

They all have a protein blend combined of whey isolate, whey concentrate, and milk protein isolate. All very good quality protein and a clean label for the most part.

Taste

I'll leave my taste rating below on a scale of 1-10 but there are a few notes i want to make on certain flavors.

Frosted Cinnamon Roll- one of my favorite included. Texture on this one was very similar to a Quest bar so i decided to microwave it for a few seconds. Texture aside it reminded me of an actual cinnamon roll.

Chocolate Iced Brownie- again a very similar texture to Quest and a nice balance between sweet but a bit bitter for my taste with the icing part.

Chocolate Peanut Butter- Nothing can go wrong with this combination, ever.

Mint Chocolate Crisp- initial taste I was almost reminded of a mint girl scout cookie. But after a few more bites the mint was over powering and too strong to finish the product, probably my least favorite.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough- Very much a dough like texture and seemed softer than the other flavors.

Protein bars are even more difficult to judge effectiveness than protein powder. But with the great macro's and calories associated with these Fit Joy bars there's no damage on your diet for a quick treat on the go. With only 4g of sugar and 13g of fiber for most bars that's a very good ratio i'll take very time compared to many options available.

Initially these were launched at an insane rip off price by GNC. Since then Fit Joy has become more widely available at big retailers such as bodybuilding.com where you can get 12 bars for $27.99. These are still more than it's high end competitors but certainly better then when first released.

Conclusion

Fit Joy is trying to make an impact in a category dominated by one company for such a long time. No product is perfect on it's first release and Fit Joy is no exception and left some room for improvement in the taste/texture department as well as value. I have no doubt they'll continue to improve on what they offer and look forward to seeing the product and company evolve and grow.
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: 7/10
  • Chocolate Iced Brownie: 7/10
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 8/10
  • Frosted Cinnamon Roll: 8/10
  • Mint Chocolate Crisp: 5/10

July 6, 2016

• Bit Expensive

A thanks to the reps of Fitjoy in association with Cellucor for providing a package of fitjoy bars for the ER/TROOPS. I've tried a handful of protein bars throughout my lifting career ranging from met-rx, powerbar, cliff, etc. Quest nutrition have always been my number one go to brand of protein bars to this day. When the chance to try a new brand of protein bars came along, I decided to hop on the opportunity and see if I could add a new favorite to my protein bar pallet.

So how does Fitjoy stand the test of protein bars?

The first thing I like about these bars is that neither of them contain any artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners. Furthermore, they are gluten and GMO free.

Despite a very minor variance in sugar and fat content among the flavors, overall each bar has roughly 220 calories, 7-8g of fat, 4-5g of sugar, 20g of carbs, 10-12g of fiber, and 20mg of protein.

Good to note that the protein consists of a blend of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and milk protein isolate.

I the package I, and I am sure others have gotten, contained the following flavors.

Frosted Cinnamon Role
Chocolate Iced Brownie
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Mint Chocolate Crisp
Chocolate Peanut Butter

There is also a French Vanilla Almond kind, but that was not included.

For a more specific scoring of these flavors, check out the flavor rating scale below the review. Overall, I enjoyed all of these flavors. The texture and consistency of the bars was not overly tough and did not have any sticky coating on them that would cause them to stick in various places in your mouth and between the teeth. I would recommend experiment with the preparations like heating them or even freezing them for a more pleasurable experience.

Eating these at a specific time is solely up to the user depending when he/she needs a quick protein fix. I often consume bars around midday if need be or have one in the morning with breakfast.

I gauge the efficacy of protein bars almost similar to that of protein supplements in general. Meaning, I rate them based on how they enabled me to help meet my macro requirements while maintaining caloric boundaries and dietary goals. While I don't use protein bars very often, keeping them handy for a quick macro fix doesn't hurt. Fitjoy, with its efficient ingredient profile and macro quantities, helped well to keep those protein, calories, fiber, and carb requirements in check provided of course that everything else came from good wholesome food. Having one handy when those hunger pangs lurk up on you is a big time life saver. I also liked that these bars helped keep me at a high level of satiety longer so I can keep my fasting periods more sufficient through the day during Ramadan.

Overall, Fitjoy bars got the job done where I'd expect them to.

This was a tough one to score because Fitjoy bars aren't too widely available at this time. The only price I came across was a GNC price of 31.99 for a 12 count box. Given that this is a couple of bucks higher than other brand bars, if not the same price, I'd say the price is not overly outlandish for the quality and quantity. However, when these become more widely available, a lower sale price would be nice.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Fitjoy has definitely earned its spot as one of my new favorites in the protein bar market along with Quest Nutrtion bars. The taste and nutrition content of the bars is sure to meet the expectations of any fitness buff looking to keep their dietary guideline in check without being haunted by sudden hunger pangs and sugar high cravings. I just hope that they will be more reasonably priced come their wider availability.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!