pHasted Kardio + EAA's Reviews

By: For Active Bodies

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 3)
Click here to show all pHasted Kardio + EAA's reviews.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to For Active Bodies for sending it out!
  July 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Extended Energy
  • Hydration
  • Recovery
  • THE TASTE!!!

Why I Chose This Product

Well it touts itself as a preworkout supplement designed for us with fasted cardio. I do fasted cardio almost every single morning so it seemed like a good fit for me.

A very comprehensive profile with full disclosure on all ingredients and definitely one of the more unique products I have tried.

What's up everybody? Big thank you to For Active Bodies for sending a tub of their Phasted Kardio out to me for review. And as always thank you to the SR Troop program for their continued efforts to get real unbiased reviews out there on as many products as possible. Phasted Kardio is an interesting supplement in the sense that it is a pre workout that is actually aimed at enhancing cardio based workouts. Not many of these floating around out there as most in the preworkout category are aimed at intense energy and pumps. Phasted Kardio seems to take a different approach and it was intriguing to me. So let's dive in and take a look at what we have here.

So the profile on Phasted Kardio is massive (28 total ingredients). I'm not even going to attempt to list out all the ingredients but rather talk about some of the highlights and lowlights.

Starting off is a full BCAA/EAA complex. I like the addition of the EAA (essential amino acids) to the mix as they help further stimulate protein synthesis beyond what BCAA's (branch chain amino acids) are capable of stimulating on their own. Admittedly the EAA complex is dosed slightly lower than other supplements which include them in their mix, but to be fair most of these supplements are a BCAA/EAA supplement only.

The caffeine in this supplement is more moderately dosed at 165mg per scoop which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have always avoided heavy caffeine doses before cardio due to the fact that my heart rate will already be elevated and higher doses in the 300-350mg range can have a negative impact on cardio. The label says that you can take up to two scoops in a single serving but I never did. Honestly for doing fasted cardio first thing in the morning the 165mg dose seemed to be a real sweet spot to stimulate energy without feeling like my heart would explode. Worth noting that they also include a 50mg shot of Theacrine to work in synergy with the caffeine.

For a profile this massive they did a pretty good job making sure it wasn't just chocked full of under dosed compounds and there seems to be a little more thought put into what is here. From the BCAA/EAA, stimulants, electrolytes and other goodies it was just a well thought out profile.

Dosing was pretty straight forward as it should be with any pre workout supplement. I do have to file a complaint in the taste department. I received the pineapple flavor and to be honest it was god awful. I pretty much just downed it as quick as I could while avoiding breathing through my nose to try and mitigate the horrid taste. I was excited because I absolutely love pineapple but I got no semblance of pineapple from Phasted Kardio. I'm not going to deduct points because at the end of the day what matters most is how it works. But it sure would be nice to not dread taking this stuff.

I'm just going to put this right on front street. I absolutely loved Phasted Kardio. It made a noticeable difference in my morning workouts. I either do circuit training (calisthenics), yoga, or hill sprints almost every morning and it aided nicely in putting a little extra pep in my step. And when you wake up at 4:30am to train believe me, you need all the extra pep you can get. Endurance was better as a general rule. Only gripe I have is that I would burp and have to relive the taste at times.

So a 30 serving container is going to set you back about $35 and this isn't a widely available supplement at this time. I don't think that $35 is an unreasonable amount to ask for the product based on the profile and average cost in this category.

Side Effects

The taste and only the taste.

Conclusion

If you are like me and wake up way too early to make sure you get your cardio in every day then I would highly recommend giving this one a try!

• Rep for this Brand
    July 3, 2018

Thank You for your review of pHasted Kardio. We greatly appreciate your in-biased, honest and articulate review. We do however feel badly that you did not approve of the flavor. If you are open and willing to receive, we would welcome a chance to send you samples of our Fruit Blast flavor. Please feel free to write me directly at info@fabsupplements, and we can work on sending you samples of this flavor. Again, Thank You for your review and feedback. We appreciate greatly!!!

• shae2311
    July 4, 2018

Nice review i was looking at this as well but that flavor review :/

• MMAFreak
    July 5, 2018

@Fabsceo11 Thank you for sending it out to me. Other than the flavor I did legitimately enjoy the product. I'm more than happy to try the other flavor and update my review. But flavor isn't a deal breaker for myself from using the product again. Thanks again!

@shae2311 Flavor is such a subjective topic though. If I remember the last reviewer for this product liked the pineapple flavor. I wouldn't let my experience deter you trying something that interests you. You can always just hold your nose like I did.

• Rep for this Brand
    July 8, 2018

@mmafreak - if you could please Email me your adresss, I'll be more than happy to send samples of the Fruit Blast. Info@fabsupplements.com. Really/Really Appreciate your review and feedback.