pHasted Kardio + EAA's Reviews

By: For Active Bodies

pHasted Kardio + EAA's is an Energy Supplement manufactured by For Active Bodies. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.

September 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration
  • Taste

A little background about me. I am a college athlete, specifically a triathlete, so this product seems like it was made for me. I'm a huge fan of trying out new pre-workouts and I usually always pair my lifts with some cardio so when I saw that this product was a thing I took great interest. Most pre-workouts can feel heavy in your stomach and impair your cardio. PHasted Kardio does not.

I always start this section off with a little warning. I am not a scientist, nutritionist, or health expert in any way. All info here comes from the company, research, and the experience I have with different ingredients.

pHasted Kardio has a fully transparent list of ingredients. I'll attach a picture of the full rundown of ingredients. Their BCAA/EAA mix is 2:1:1 + its vegan. The BCAA mix helps with protein synthesis and pretty much helps your muscles from breaking down which can happen if you're putting in some mileage with cardio. EAA or essential amino acids cannot be produced naturally in your body and come from your food or in this case, the pre-workout. They help with cellular repair and energy. Check out the ingredient list for all of the BCAAs and EAAs used. Moving on from there we have just a reasonable amount of caffeine with about 200mg. I like this since most of my fasted cardio happens in the morning the caffeine is just dosed enough to get me moving but not have my heartrate explode on the road. The entire profile has a great mix of everything you'd need for a good cardio workout.

The one scoop of 10.4 grams mixed fine in about the 10 ozs of water I drank before the workout. The taste was pretty bad but wasn't unbearable and went down pretty quick.

I took this mostly in the morning before long runs or long bike sessions. I did not know what to expect going into it since most other pre-workouts mix terribly with cardio but I was pleasantly surprised. For some workouts, I would drink it and forget about it. Like the packaging says there were no tingles, jitters or other common symptoms that come with other pre-workouts. This was great since I don't typically want that while running or biking. I could feel a difference when I went on my longer workouts feeling. Fewer cramps and easy recovering afterward. I paired this drink with some HIIT workouts as well and saw the same results as with my more endurance cardio workouts too which was great.

With 30 servings a container and a total price of $35, you're getting just above a dollar per drink. I feel like this is a completely fair price for this product.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

Overall pHasted Kardio was great and felt like exactly what I needed. I will for sure be getting this again. If you spend a lot of time with cardio training I'd say give this a try.

July 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Extended Energy
  • Hydration
  • THE TASTE!!!

Why I Chose This Product

Well it touts itself as a preworkout supplement designed for us with fasted cardio. I do fasted cardio almost every single morning so it seemed like a good fit for me.

A very comprehensive profile with full disclosure on all ingredients and definitely one of the more unique products I have tried.

What's up everybody? Big thank you to For Active Bodies for sending a tub of their Phasted Kardio out to me for review. And as always thank you to the SR Troop program for their continued efforts to get real unbiased reviews out there on as many products as possible. Phasted Kardio is an interesting supplement in the sense that it is a pre workout that is actually aimed at enhancing cardio based workouts. Not many of these floating around out there as most in the preworkout category are aimed at intense energy and pumps. Phasted Kardio seems to take a different approach and it was intriguing to me. So let's dive in and take a look at what we have here.

So the profile on Phasted Kardio is massive (28 total ingredients). I'm not even going to attempt to list out all the ingredients but rather talk about some of the highlights and lowlights.

Starting off is a full BCAA/EAA complex. I like the addition of the EAA (essential amino acids) to the mix as they help further stimulate protein synthesis beyond what BCAA's (branch chain amino acids) are capable of stimulating on their own. Admittedly the EAA complex is dosed slightly lower than other supplements which include them in their mix, but to be fair most of these supplements are a BCAA/EAA supplement only.

The caffeine in this supplement is more moderately dosed at 165mg per scoop which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have always avoided heavy caffeine doses before cardio due to the fact that my heart rate will already be elevated and higher doses in the 300-350mg range can have a negative impact on cardio. The label says that you can take up to two scoops in a single serving but I never did. Honestly for doing fasted cardio first thing in the morning the 165mg dose seemed to be a real sweet spot to stimulate energy without feeling like my heart would explode. Worth noting that they also include a 50mg shot of Theacrine to work in synergy with the caffeine.

For a profile this massive they did a pretty good job making sure it wasn't just chocked full of under dosed compounds and there seems to be a little more thought put into what is here. From the BCAA/EAA, stimulants, electrolytes and other goodies it was just a well thought out profile.

Dosing was pretty straight forward as it should be with any pre workout supplement. I do have to file a complaint in the taste department. I received the pineapple flavor and to be honest it was god awful. I pretty much just downed it as quick as I could while avoiding breathing through my nose to try and mitigate the horrid taste. I was excited because I absolutely love pineapple but I got no semblance of pineapple from Phasted Kardio. I'm not going to deduct points because at the end of the day what matters most is how it works. But it sure would be nice to not dread taking this stuff.

I'm just going to put this right on front street. I absolutely loved Phasted Kardio. It made a noticeable difference in my morning workouts. I either do circuit training (calisthenics), yoga, or hill sprints almost every morning and it aided nicely in putting a little extra pep in my step. And when you wake up at 4:30am to train believe me, you need all the extra pep you can get. Endurance was better as a general rule. Only gripe I have is that I would burp and have to relive the taste at times.

So a 30 serving container is going to set you back about $35 and this isn't a widely available supplement at this time. I don't think that $35 is an unreasonable amount to ask for the product based on the profile and average cost in this category.

Side Effects

The taste and only the taste.

Conclusion

If you are like me and wake up way too early to make sure you get your cardio in every day then I would highly recommend giving this one a try!

May 29, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery
  • Hydration
  • Extended Energy
  • Somewhat Expensive

An intra with great extras for energy and weight loss support.

Hey SR, here today to review an intra/energy supplement called pHasted Kardio + EAAs by For Active Bodies. I always have a an intra/amino product on hand as I am cutting and always train fasted in the morning and I want to stay out of a catabolic state. I thought this was a very interesting product as it didn't look like your typical amino energy supplement, there were quite a few extras in there that I thought would help me and my goals. Let's see if it lived up to my expectations.

This is a very comprehensive ingredient profile and fully transparent at that. As far as aminos, it has both BCAAs and EAAs which I have always referred. It's a little lighter at 4g but is 2:1:1 and vegan form which is nice. Then we have a TON of extras. I attached the supplement facts but the highlights include 1 g of Carnitine, 1 g of glutamine (yes, it's small), low dose of Citrulline, Tyrosine, 150 of Citrus Aurantium, vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes. For energy we have two types of caffeine and theacrine, totaling close to 200 mg. Overall, this is a very comprehensive profile that delivers a lot for an intra/amino/energy/weight loss support product. I was eager to see how this would play out.

Mixability was great, no grittiness, excessive foaming etc. Dosing is whenever really, but it is designed as an intra/energy supplement so I wouldn't take this close to bed. I always took during my workout in the morning. I had the pineapple flavor and it was more sour than sweet, which is fine with me I like sour.

I want to say I really enjoyed this product. As far as recovery goes, it wasn't the best intra I've ever taken but did help my DOMS recovery a little quicker. The hydration of this product was also very nice, which is important as most will use this during pretty intense training and the extra caffeine will make you sweat more. The best part of this product though was the energy. It provided very nice clean energy throughout the my workouts and after. I sometimes used this with a preworkout as well and sipped this one a little slower and to well after my workout and I loved the extended energy throughout my day. I consider myself a stim junkie, and even though this doesn't look "stim heavy," I could see some getting by with this as their preworkout if you aren't looking for a pump. As far as weight loss support I did lean out while taking this, and because of the extended release of the energy and caffeine it did decease my appetite and improve my mood. Overall, I enjoyed taking this supplement a lot as it helped me with recovery, energy, and aided me in my weight loss plan.

At first glance this looks pretty expensive at $40 for 30 servings, however I think the value here is still pretty strong considering the amount of ingredients you get, how effective it was for me, and the numerous benefits it provided for my cutting phase.

Side Effects

None, no crash.

Conclusion

I really would recommend this to anyone looking for an amino energy product, especially if you're cutting as I liked this much more than the standard "Amino Energy" type supplement.