SR Leaderboard (Sunday, January 20, 2019)

Top Rated   Best and Worst   Top 100 Users   Exemplary Reviews   Monthly Awards   Rookie of the year   Member of the Month

Exemplary Reviews

These reviews were rated the "most helpful" out of all reviews in the last 30 days.

L-Carnitine 1500 Heat POWDER (VMI Sports)

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  December 31, 2018

• Low % Of Active Ingredients
  • Incorrect Scoop Size
  • Missing Servings

From the brand:

L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT uses a combination of two different Carnitine supplements to help ignite your metabolism, enhance calorie burning, and accelerate fat loss without the use of any stimulants whatsoever.

750mg Acetyl L-Carnitine 750mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate

INCREASED FAT BURNING
Carnitine enhances your body's ability to burn fat for fuel, potentially transforming you into a pure fat burning machine.

IMPROVED BODY COMPOSITION

From the brand:

750mg Acetyl L-Carnitine 750mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate

INCREASED FAT BURNING

IMPROVED BODY COMPOSITION
The combination of proven fat loss agents in L-Carnitine, Grains of Paradise, Green Tea, and Gamma-Butyrobetaine (GBB) can provide rapid results leading to superior body composition.

ENHANCED PERFORMANCE
Carnitine allows your body the ability to burn fat for energy while training, allowing you to last longer during your workouts, for increased calorie burning and performance.

NON-STOP USE
L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT contains no stimulants whatsoever, meaning there's no tolerance build up and you never a need to cycle on and off.

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Thank you to VMI Sports for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. Today I am going to speak about a product that I have used in liquid form but is now also manufactured in a powdered version from VMI and that is their L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT. I had a good run with the liquid version, so trying the powdered form was a no brainer for me. When I used the liquid version, my main focus was to see how this would perform in terms of weight loss. I had a different purpose for the powdered version though, which I will explain in the effectiveness section.

This product thankfully has a fully disclosed label for the active ingredients. The 1500 in the name is in reference to the 1500 milligrams of carnitine included in each serving. That amount is split evenly between two forms consisting of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate and Acetyl L-Carnitine (750mg each). On the VMI webpage of this supplement, there is an FAQ which includes the question "What is Carnitine?" Their answer is: "Carnitine is a substance naturally produced by the body that's found in all cells. It can improve the body's ability to metabolize fat for energy, thus transforming you into a true, blue fat-burning machine. L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT uses two highly bioavailable forms of L-Carnitine (Acetyl L-Carnitine & L-Carnitine L-Tartrate), for maximum effectiveness to help promote weight loss."

Acetyl L-Carnitine or ALCAR (750mg) is thought to be the most bioavailable form of L-Carnitine. Unlike other forms which typically help convert stored fat to energy, ALCAR readily crosses the blood-brain barrier & acts within the brain itself. Its primary actions are related to cognitive function.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate or LCLT (750mg) is Carnitine bonded to Tartaric Acid. It's rapidly absorbed by the body, making it ideal to include as part of a pre-workout. Can also aid in physical performance, potentially reduce muscle soreness & aid in post-workout fat oxidation.

Next we have Green Tea Leaf Extract (50mg). Green Tea contains a combination of vitamins, minerals, and caffeine. Most of Green Tea's health benefits can be attributed to active ingredients known as polyphenols and catechins - plant compounds with strong antioxidant activity. The most potent of these polyphenols is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)-the compound most responsible for green tea's reputation as a fat burner. Green Tea has been shown to improve metabolic rate and increase the body's heat production and fat oxidation.

Next is the Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride (25mg). I was a little disappointed to see this wasn't the registered/trademarked version GBBGO. In terms of this ingredient's purpose, "A precursor to L-Carnitine, GBB may naturally increase the production of L-Carnitine by your body. Increasing natural L-Carnitine not only aids in fat burning but also has the potential to enhance exercise performance and recovery!" It has also been called "Super Carnitine" because of its ability to increase carnitine production by up to 300%!"

Next we have the Grains of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta) (Paradoxine)(15mg). Props to VMI for using the registered Paradoxine version of this ingredient. This is a spice belonging to the ginger family that stimulates brown adipose tissue, boosting metabolism and increasing thermogenesis while decreasing visceral fat in the lower abdomen. From the ingredient's website: How do Paradoxinework? >> In humans, there are two types of adipose tissue, WAT (white adipose tissues) and BAT (brown adipose tissues). WAT is the sites of energy storage, while BAT is responsible for cold-and diet-induced thermogenesis, which helps to control body-energy expenditure, as well as body fat content. Paradise extract (especially including 12.5% 6-paradol) was found to promote WAT transformation into BAT. (http://www.paradoxine.com/index.php)

Lastly, we have BioPerine(2.5mg). This ingredient is included in multiple supplements because of its ability to increase nutrient absorption. From the BioPerine website: "A thermonutrient such as BioPerine would potentially improve the process of nutrient absorption by enhancing thermogenesis.
The leading theory of food-induced thermogenesis relates to the autonomous nervous system. The autonomous nervous system is represented by two main receptors in the gastrointestinal tract, the alpha and beta adrenergic receptors." If you would like more information about this specific ingredient, you can see the research on their website at https://www.bioperine.com/.

As I mentioned in the liquid version review, the ingredient profile on paper would best be described as average in my opinion. I wish the green tea extract, the Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride and the Grains of Paradise Seed Extract were dosed a little higher in each serving. I also have the same concern from the liquid version when it comes to the percentage of active ingredients per serving. Each serving is 2.9g (2900mg) but the active ingredients only take up just over 1500mg of that. The rest is in the flavoring and other ingredients.

Taste>> I received the rainbow candy (aka Skittles) flavor and loved it. VMI was even able to eliminate the spicy aftertaste that was present in the liquid version. The smell and flavor is very close to their goal of Skittles. With almost 50% of each serving being non-active ingredients, I would have been disappointed if this flavor missed the mark. I first started at the high end of the recommendation with ten ounces of water and the flavor was good but weak. As expected when I reduced the amount of water used, the flavor got stronger and I enjoyed it more. My ideal outcome was one serving with six ounces of water.

Mixability >> No issues here. At less than 3g per serving with almost 50% non-active ingredients, I didn't expect any problems with this product. I only used a shaker bottle when drinking this but could not foresee an issue if someone decided to mix this in a glass with a spoon.

Dosing >> This is where one issue with this product presented itself. Each full scoop is supposed to be equal to one serving of this product (approximately three grams). Just out of habit, I will typically measure the scoops of new supplements that I received. For this product, one full scoop measured out to be six grams (double the stated serving size). I contacted the SR rep for VMI and brought this to their attention. This led to me speaking with the President of VMI Sports (Tom) over the phone and sharing my findings. During that phone call, Tom stated that they are aware of the discrepancy and that it was a production mistake to include a scoop that is too big. He also stated that once the problem was found, all the tubs have been removed from the site and it will not be available until the problem is fixed.

Outside of those issues, the dosing is pretty flexible for this product. You can use in the morning, afternoon or early evening. It can be used before cardio, before weight training or any other physical activity. I would not suggest taking it too late into the evening because you probably don't want to be sweating in bed while trying to fall asleep. I personally used a combination of one and two servings during my time with this product.

My goal for the effectiveness of this supplement was a little different than when I used and reviewed the liquid version of this product. During the liquid use, I had the goal of being in a caloric deficit and losing body. This time, I was not as concerned about body fat loss as before, mainly because this product was used during the holiday season. I did not expect to be in a caloric deficit during this time and had no intention on losing body fat.

What I did use this product for was helping my body warm up faster as the temperatures in my area dropped due to winter arriving. This is where the HEAT in the name lived up to its promise and provided me the effectiveness I was looking for. By being able to warm up faster before my training sessions, I was able to move into my heavier lifts quicker than before when I wasn't using this product. This allowed me workouts to be more intense because I wasn't spending the extra time with lighter weights to get my body warm and avoid inquiry. The extra carnitine was always nice to have as well and may have provided me with some extra stamina and endurance during my training sessions.

When this product comes back in stock, purchasing a tub directly from the VMI Sports website will cost you $22.99. CampusProtein now shows this product in stock and available for purchase while the VMI site is still out of stock. Not sure if the CampusProtein version is the one with corrected scooper or not. The current price from them is $23.99 but there is currently a 15% discount available for this item.

In the big picture of training and supplementation, a product like L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT is likely going to be a third tier supplement for most people. First tier would be products like a protein powder and pre-workout. Second tier may be an amino acid product and something like a fish oil or multi vitamin. Once you have all those supplements taken care of and if there's still some money left in your budget to spend, a fat burning/cardio supplement like this would be a good option.

An individual situation I can see that changing is if you know you're deficient in carnitine because of your food choices. At that point, you will have to decide if you want a lower dosed carnitine product with the added extras like this or a higher dosed pure carnitine supplement like VMI Sports Carnitine 3000.

Side Effects

There were no negative side effects that I experienced with this product. As noted and expected, you will probably sweat A LOT after taking this and doing some type of physical activity. Just be aware of that if you work out in a public gym and are self-conscious about how others may look or perceive you when you are sweating up a storm. Also, please be sure to have a towel handy so you can wipe down the machines and benches after using them as a courtesy to others. No one wants to wallow is your sweat puddles while trying to work out.

The warning from the brand is: For Use as a Dietary Supplement Only By Healthy Adults of the Age of 18 and Over. Do Not Use This Product If You Are Pregnant, Nursing, Or May Become Pregnant. Do Not Consume If You Have A Pre-Existing Medical Condition, Or You Are Taking Any Prescription Medication. Please Consult A Physician Prior To Use. Do Not Use If Safety Seal Is Broken. Use Only As Directed. Do Not Exceed Recommended Use. Store in a Cool, Dry Place (60'F to 80'F).

Conclusion

To wrap things up, I enjoyed my time with this product and like the powdered version a little bit more than the liquid version. In terms of taste, the flavor I had was spot-on and even did not have the spicy after-taste as the liquid one did. For the purpose that I was using it for, it performed excellently. I did lower the rankings in some areas because of the manufacturing and quality control issues that I experienced with the incorrect scoop size and missing some servings in my tub. For those looking to get warm quickly before your cardio and/or weight training sessions, this is definitely a supplement I would recommend looking into.

Once again, thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me plus another thumbs up to the owner Tom for willing to take the time to acknowledge my concerns with this product and speak with me over the phone about them. Shows me they really care about their products and the consumer when something is not as it should be.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.
  • Rainbow Candy: 10/10

Animal Pak (Universal)

Overall
Thanks to Universal for sending it out!
  January 5, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Muti- Vitamins.
  • Has All You Nutreints
  • Affordable Enough
  • Good Overall Health Support
  • A Lot Of Pills!
  • Look Shut Up And Swallow It Whiner
  • Many Ingredients Are Underdosed

Animal Pak is a full spectrum complete multivitamin pak that will provide all the essential vitamins and minerals along with a host of bonuses to keep the animal within you in anabolic drive.

A special thanks to Universal for their participation here on SR.com and sincere apologies for the tardiness of this review. Today, I discuss my experience with Animal Pak. Multivitamins are nothing new and are generally a common mainstay in many supplement regimens of all fitness goals. We use them primarily as an insurance to keep our micro and macronutrient intake in check. While having one on hand can help, it's important to remember to make sure the prime core of your nutrition intake lies in your diet. Animal Pak is a multivitamin pak supplement that has been around for a quite a while. It contains all your essentials plus some nice bonuses.

The profile is very complex with too many ingredients to list. I will not list every single ingredient and dosage so please refer to the included image for a more thorough breakdown.

It's worth noting that the ingredient label serving size is listed as 2 packs.

The profile begins with the primary complex of all your essential vitamins and minerals. All of them are properly dosed in effective and well absorbed forms such as Vitamin A as a series of carotenoids, Vitamin D as pure cholecalciferol, Vitamin E containing all the isomer tocopherols, and plenty of other vitamins along with minerals. The minerals are in basic forms, but in subsequent doses and more common forms that are still well absorbed such as zinc and magnesium oxide along with others like calcium and selenium.

Next is the Amino Acid complex containing dodsages of essential and nonessential amino acids such as glycine, arginine, BCAAs, alanine, glutamic acid, and others.

Following is the Performance Complex containing liver support ingredients as part of the Uniliver blend such as hawthorn berry, milk thistle, inositol, choline bitartrate, and other liver and health supporting ingredients.

Next is the Antioxidant Complex containing plentiful dosages of ingredients known for immune system support properties such as grape seed extract, alpha lipoic acid, CoQ10, pine bark, and others.

Lastly is the Digestive Enzyme Complex containing enzymes that aid digestion such as Inulin, papain, bromelain, among others.

All of the ingredients are well dosed for a multivitamin complex and are well chosen for their properties in respects to the complex they are part of. Again, please refer to the image included for a complete breakdown.

While some would be content with one, athletes are encouraged to take two packs a day. I took one pack with breakfast and the other with dinner.

Multivitamins, being those basic staples you find in so many regimens, are one of those supplements you necessarily "feel" working like a pre workout. Though when I do use multi-v products, I see how it affects my health as a system.

With Animal Pak, I had more elevated levels of natural energy throughout the day and had no symptoms that would have been indicative of a particular vitamin or mineral deficiency.

I never fell ill during my use with Pak so it is safe to say it did give me immune system support thanks mostly I would presume to the antioxidant complex.

I also saw some improvement in my regularity and digestion as I experienced less gas and bloating. Furthermore, I had fuller more relieving bowel movements.

In summary, Animal Pak was a great way to ensure my micros were staying in check while reaping the benefits of immune system support, regularity improvement, and overall health and well-being support.

Just to note and reminder, this is for the pills version of Animal Pak not the powder version. Each can contains a 22-day supply for the standard 2-pak a day serving. The average price for a full can is 28 dollars. Given the complete profile and efficacy of the product, I'd say this is a very good value even though it may seem a little steep at first glance.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Animal Pak is a great multivitamin definitely worth trying and including in your regimen provided your diet and training are in check. It will provide support in overall general health, immune system support, and regularity improvement. Again, be sure your getting 99% of your base nutrition from your diet.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!!

EAA Pure (NutraBio)

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  January 8, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Decreased DOMs
  • Better Hydration
  • Better Endurance
  • Can Only Be Purchased At Brick And Mortar Stores

Nutrabio is always killing it with some kind of new product and this is no different. Huge apology first to Nutrabio for taking so long to get this review out. New job and New changes to the site here and before I knew it , time just got away. Anyway back on topic. Seeing tons of new Bcaa type product's coming out from every supplement company here lately. Then all these new studies started showing how important EAA's are,, well what do you know Nutrabio come's out with this bad boy.

41 year old male that enjoy's heavy lifting, hard workout's, put...

41 year old male that enjoy's heavy lifting, hard workout's, putting in long hrs at work and throwing back a few beer's here and there, So yea I might not be on the cover of fitness magazine's, I do work hard and play hard. So having a good Bcaa for recovery to me is a huge importance.

First off you will notice you have literally almost everything listed as high quality HPLC ingredient's.
9 Essential Aminos Acids (8G)
Fermented BCAAs (6G)
Full Spectrum Amino Acids (10G)
Astragin for Enhanced Absorption
Coconut Water Powder for Muscle Hydration
Non-GMO | Gluten Free | Vegetarian | Kosher
Nutrabio has put everything you need and absolutely nothing you do not need!
There really is not much to say about this profile it is pretty much perfect for what it is intended for.

I had cherry/limeade and it was really good. Really did well on this flavor. It mixed really well and there was a touch of settling but it was not bad at all.

The main thing I noticed immediately was the ability to sip on this during a workout and have my thirst quenched . It was really satisfying. Next was the added hydration and the decrease in DOMS. Also something I used it for was while at work to sip on. On more than a few occasion's I was starting to get a headache and took this out and chugged a shaker bottle and in just a few minutes my headache was gone. Now this may not be much but I did find that interesting. Having this while on the keto diet is a godsend, I will not go into detail but this has helped in so many ways.
If you want a hydrating , repairing, well absorbing supplement that taste good and mixes well this is your pick.

It run's around 27 bucks for 30 serving's which is about a typical price for a top tier product. But there are some good coupon's, especially if you are a member of the Nutrabio crew on their facebook group and Nutrabio run's some sale's every so often.

Side Effects

zero

Conclusion

Nutrabio is coming out with more and more product's that will continue to make other brand's chase their tail. I have enjoyed just about every product from them and this is no different. Well done.
  • Cherry Limeade: 9/10

EAA Energy (NutraBio)

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  December 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure
  • Versatile
  • Accurate Scoop
  • Hydration

Not a simple BCAA product, this supplement packs much more into each scoop that your body can use and with the caffeine to replace other options.

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the BCAA/EAA product EAA Energy by NutraBio. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and NutraBio, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

Ingredients

L-Alanine 600mg
    CocoPure Coconut Water Powder 500mg
    Infinergy (as di-caffeine malate, yielding 75mg caffeine) - 100mg
    PurCar Organic Caffeine - 79mg

Starting off, The 'standard' dose of BCAA is 6g with a 2:1:1 split and that's right in line with what this product is filled with, although i should note that NutraBio bring fermented BCAAs to the table which, depending on the study, can have some advantages for absorption.

Next up in the ingredients is the EAAs which are aminos your body needs but cannot synthesize on its own. The inclusion of ~2.3g total is on the high end of other EAA products, no surprise from NutraBio as their products are usually clinically dosed. As with any EAA product, It's hard to argue with the ratio included as each individuals own diet will dictate how much of any single one you would be lacking in or could benefit more from.

AstraGin is an an absorption agent and the dosage is the same as if you got the product on its own. The inclusion here is nice, no good having something fully dosed if your body struggles to use it.

For the remainder, the taurine is nicely dosed a 1.2g and can aid the cardiovascular system as well as helping metabolize fat. The coconut water is good for hydration, something most of us could use some help with. The caffeine dosage is solid with 150mg total from 2 different sources. Since NutraBio is marketing this product as a possible replacement for energy drinks, this dosage is probably about right for most people, it's far less than a high-stim pre workout but enough to sip throughout the day or crush a scoop and get a little boost.

8.6/10
    Taste: They advertised cherry-limeade and that's exactly what was delivered from this sup, its not too tart of a flavor and they didn't oversweeten it either, nice mix that is easy to drink with just a little bite to it.

Mixability: No issues at all here, it mixed up quick and didn't settle out.

Dosing: One scoop per 10-16 oz of water. Alternatively, the label suggest dumping 3 scoops into a gallon and consuming throughout the day. From my perspective, it doesn't matter as much as its more of a maintenance drink than a timed drink to coincide with workouts. I usually worked out in the mornings and the was my post lunch pick-me-up and I did 1 scoop in about a quart of water over the course of an hour.

8.5/10

Just like other BCAA/EAA products, I'll say that effectiveness is always going to be a little in the eye of the beholder but from my point of view, this was an effective product because no matter when I took it, I noticed a reduction in soreness compared to not taking a BCAA product (I do get BCAAs from protein in any case but I have always noticed my DOMS reduced when taking a separate BCAA product no matter what protein I had).

The presence of the caffeine, taurine, and coconut water made this great for fighting back the post lunch, early afternoon slump that I can get and kept me from having additional coffee. This helps me to stay hydrated and energized even after a tough workout in the morning. Depending on when your workout times are, there would be other good options for when to take this so as to mesh with preworkouts and sleep timing.

8.7/10
    NutraBio generally is a top-tier product and that usually results in a top-tier price. In this case, its well priced at $1/scoop. Is that high for a BCAA product? Yes, but this isn't just a BCAA product as it has a heavy dose of EAAs as well as caffeine, circulatory aides, and hydration agents. For $1, that's a nicely equipped sup that can serve multiple purposes.

That being said, this segment of BCAA/EAAs is getting more crowded and there are other options that are similarly dosed and priced. For comparison of value, I would put this in the same category as the other recent BCAA/EAA I had which is from Myokem. Both are similarly dosed (Myokem has 8g BCAA and 2.6g EAA) and at the same price point, difference is NutraBio has caffeine and is marketed as such. Because of that, I would call it a draw and depending on how important the caffeine element is to you, there are options to suit individual needs.

Side Effects

None, this stuff goes down smooth and no issues.

Conclusion

8.6/10

NutraBio has yet another quality product on their hands here with a fully disclosed label that has everything you can expect from a BCAA/EAA in it. With a well respected name behind it, this is a solid product with solid value.
    • Cherry Limeade: 9/10

AdreN.O.lyn Bulk (Black Market)

December 28, 2018

• Premium Feel
    • Very Strong
    • Tastes Good
    • Awesome Intensity
    • Increased Focus
    • Proprietary Blend Is Annoying
    • Occasionally It'll Give You A Nauseous Feeling Towards The End Of Your Workout
    • Can Disturb Sleep
    • Very Strong
    • Pumps Were Okay
    • Lacking Basic Must Have Ingredients

Hey SR fam... It's been a while... Finally I have a chance to drop a few exciting reviews, Thanks to some time off. Today I'm reviewing black markets pre workout adrenolyn bulk or just bulk for short. A pre workout that I found quite unique plus I have heard a lot of good about these guys... Let's see what happened.

Serving Size - 11g (1 scoop)
    Servings Per Container 30
    Amount Per Serving
    Total Carbohydrate 1 g
    Sodium 8 mg

Proprietary Blend 9,185mg
    Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn), Creatine Monohydrate, D-Aspartic Acid, Betaine...

Serving Size - 11g (1 scoop)
    Servings Per Container 30
    Amount Per Serving
    Total Carbohydrate 1 g
    Sodium 8 mg

Proprietary Blend 9,185mg
    Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn), Creatine Monohydrate, D-Aspartic Acid, Betaine Anhydrous, Agmatine Sulfate, Caffeine Anhydrous (300mg), Mucuna L-Dopa, Bitter Orange Extract (unripen fruit) (Citrus aurantium) (AdvantraZ)

Other Ingredients:
    Citric Acid, Chicory Inulin, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide, Calcium Silicate, Acesulfame Potassium, Trisodium Citrate, FD&C Blue #1
    Manufactured in a cGMP compliant facility.

I am like most, I dislike prop blends... I wasn't expecting a whole lot. It's nothing ground breaking or earth shattering but on paper it looked good. The whole idea behind this was it being a 2 in 1 product - pre workout and test booster. The idea isn't new but it is one of the many options black market does have as they have a wide selection of pre workouts.

Taste

Really didn't have much expectancy for taste, as I have become used to poo tasting pres. This was really nice and sweet which was a surprise to me, it was a refreshing fruit punch flavor that never got old. One of the best tasting pres I have used this year.

Mixability

Mixed really well, no clumps or any real grit to be honest. I never really drink to taste but rather done it. It did have a slight grit to it at the end but not a train smash

1 level scoop with about 8oz of water 20 minutes before a workout worked best for me.

With all I mentioned with the ingredient profile I was expecting something mediocre at best. But this wasn't at all.

I noticed a intensity I haven't felt in a while, razor sharp focus and concentration that left me in my gym longer than usual. I'd say I had some of the best workouts to date on bulk as I did feel quite alpha in the gym every time I took a serving. But after a few weeks I felt the effect wear off a tad, the business end of the workouts were not as good as they were but generally I adapt quicker than most to pre workouts that's why I never constantly stay on one. Pumps were okay nothing major but once stacked with massacr3 things became a lot more advanced... Strength did improve which led to a lot more excitement each workout which was welcomed each and everytime.

I feel there was a big concern as the dosing wasn't what it should be as DAA was underdosed and the basics like citrulline and other nootripics were absent. Once additional ingredients were added this became an amazing all rounder and a half. But they have a large selection of pre workouts so I'm assuming they are focusing on a segment and like the name suggests... It's ideal for off seasons and those wanting to gain size and strength. Whilst the idea is noble I feel It could have been better, as the test boosting effects weren't all to apparent to be honest as the energy, drive and intensity were the standouts.

But it was better than expected...

Here was a bit of a shocker, a tub sells for about $55 a tub on bodybuilding.com which is a bit steep considering it's a blend... I guess for 30 full workouts its not too bad. Black market has a premium feel and the price confirms this.

Side Effects

What I will say is that I am slightly stim sensitive. Seeing that once I switch up to a different pre things normally happen lol. I have to say that I didn't feel panicked or overwhelmed with bulk, it was when it came to bedtime things would turn sour. I feel higher stimmed pres have their place for most, but taking this near my sleep was a slight issue as most nights I would be restless and battle to sleep. But once tolerance kicked in I was fine... So avoid Taking it after 4pm or if you train in the am it will be even better if your not a fan of Stims.

Conclusion

The first review of many but this was a very good preworkout, one if the better pre workouts I have used this year. This price is steep but I think it's strength holds its own and it's truly a one scooper. Just don't take this lightly as it can cause sleeping difficulties so if you love Stims and strong pre workouts then this is one for you. The intensity and stamina is really awesome. This feels and looks like a premium pre but it works premium as well... But at a cost. This is a pre with potential in being something amazing if a few tweaks can be done.

Cheers