SR Leaderboard (Friday, November 16, 2018)

Top Rated   Best and Worst   Top 100 Users   Exemplary Reviews   Monthly Awards   Rookie of the year   Member of the Month

Exemplary Reviews

These reviews were rated the "most helpful" out of all reviews in the last 30 days.

Mutant Madness (Mutant)
  October 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Intensity
  • No Crash
  • Poor Endurance
  • No Pumps
  • Focus Needs Improving
  • Clinically Under Dosed
  • Can Be A Bit Too Strong For Those Stim Sensitive
  • Jitters

Unsurprisingly this is a hype pre that's definitely not worth buying, there's so many better pre workouts to choose from.

Hey peeps, decided I will slide in another review before this month ends. Clearly I'm a man on mission lol, having Mutant in the local market has caused quite a stir as they are pushed and pushed here, to be fair I like the look of their isolate and whey protein, you basically can't stuff that up if the flavor is good and apparently but the rest of the stuff is severely unimpressive and underdosed... oh well let's get this Madness over wid!

Serving size 1 scoop (7.5g)
Servings per container 30

Beta alanine instantized carnosyn brand 1250mg
Taurine/L-tyrosine 2:1 blend 1000mg
Malic-citric Acid blend 600mg
5- caffeine + polyphenol/egcg matrix 500mg
Coffee arabica bran extract (333mg), green tea leaf (92mg) (source of polyphenols, egcg), white tea leaf extract (25mg), black tea leaf extract (25mg), green coffee bean extract (25mg) (total caffeine 330mg/serving)
Amplification matrix 65mg
L-theanine (30mg),olive leaf extract (20% oleuropein)(20mg), cinnamon (10mg), bioperine 5mg

Damn that's a lot of mumbo jumbo to sort through, I will say these 2:1 blends etc are confusing to a newbie and seriously it wouldn't take much to sort out. I am really really unimpressed by the entire profile except the total caffeine content. You will see that my favorites (L-citrulline and beta alanine) are severally under dosed and the L-arginine is literally pointless since it's not on par with the 6g of the optimal l-citrulline dosage. There is just so much wrong here - but anywho... it's best to keep it simple and clinical something.

I was expecting the taste to be great since all these athletes claim "it's so delicious" etc. I purchased the peach mango flavor in hopes it would taste as great as it sounds... well basically it's very average it has that standard peppery harsh taste of the bioperine which detracts from the entire taste and makes this taste somewhat savory lol - definitely "not delicious", it has an undertone of sweetness but the tart peppery taste overwhelms it! I would add a level scoop to 200ml of water as I prefer to down it and not savor it. It mixed well but like most pres it had gritty settlement that was nasty at the end

Mmmm not much to really say here, but simply I wasn't surprised as this was a let down and a half. From what the claims were and feedback of it being great blah blah I just think it should be illegal lol coz your gonna get people who have no clue what to look for in a pre buy this. I know you may be asking "but fridge you dumbass you bought this" to answer that pending question is simple I bought it since it never really clashed with my blue juice and knowing hardly anyone would be buying blue juice it's important to rate this as a pre.

So yo anyways the energy is good, I won't lie it can be a bit of a weird intense rush (nearly anxious) but once you hit the weights it normalizes I would say 2 scoops IMO would be stupid. I noticed no crash which was great for a higher stim pre - crash always tends to be a concern but not here. Naturally intensity was improved a bit as well. The focus was very very poor I felt like it would really improve on this point tyrosine was underdosed imo since I do use the raw variant and 750mg is the sweet spot for me. The pumps were literally none existent since I gauged this without blue blood (I was angry and bitter when I used this without any intra). The endurance element was also way below average, but with the underdosing of so many ingredients this did not shock me.

This does retails for around $43 here (R630) which is insane since it's so underwhelming and lacks basically everything besides energy and intensity. It's around $1,40 a scoop which is epic since you'd need several scoops to get some clinical dosing here. Simply this is way way way over priced and there are so many better options it's ridiculous.

Side Effects

The only concern here could be the energy is rather strong and a bit overwhelming if your battling with anxiety etc it can cause nervousness but it should pass after the 3rd or 4th day of using it I found, clearly caffeine anhydrous is a better option imo. I hate jitters and this stuff is pretty strong with over 300mg of total caffeine.

Conclusion

Just NO. It's the worst pre I have used to date, I did have my reasoning to buy this but I guess I let myself down. With the prospect of no pumps, nearly no endurance and slight pinch of focus and a hard hitting "no-crash" energy rush this fails hard. I'd recommended to stay away from it, if it looks shitty with underdosed ingredients then it is... Shitty. It's simply Madness how I even bought this and more so how they push this. This can be the pre that would literally scare you away from pres lol.
  • Peach mango: 6/10

Alpha Dreams (Alpha Lion)

7.1
Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  October 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Increase Recovery
  • Reductions Of DOMS
  • Good Ingredients
  • Transparent Label
  • Little Pricey
  • Taste And Mixability Need Improvement

Alpha Dreams is a highly effective product that will help you get those much needed Zzzzs to ensure you are up and running in the morning to take on the challenges that await you both in and out of the gym.

A special thanks to Alpha Lion for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their sleep/recovery aid product Alpha Dreams. As we all known, sleep is a primary foundation needed for recovery and overall good health. We all need that deep restful slumber every night after a hard day's work. However, getting that covenant rest is not always easy. With stressors that stem from everyday life such as tedious work and school hours and familial responsibilities, we may not find the amount of desired time or quality for efficient sleep. Supplements such as Alpha Dreams can help to allow us to sleep with better quality and depth, helping to improve our recovery.

The profile is fully disclosed and each scoop provides the following:

The profile starts with some electrolytes in the form of TRAACs which is short for The Real Amino Acid Chelate System Albion. This is a patented trademark name for special more bioavailable forms of certain minerals an electrolytes. The dosages are included in the profile itself within the matrices that compose the profile itself.

We begin with the Amino Growth Matrix containing L-Leucine at 2500 mg, Lysine HCI at 2000mg, and L-Glutamine at 2000mg. All of these amino acids are well known for their positive influence on recovery, helping to enhance protein synthesis and tissue preparation.

Next we have the Brains Gains Matrix containing L-Tyrosine at 500 mg, GABA at 350mg, 5-HTP at 200mg, and Mucuna Pruriens containing 40% L-Dopa at 175mg. These ingredients help enhance the levels of growth hormone associated with sleep and have nootropic benefits, both allowing for enhanced reparation and improved body and mind recovery support.

Following is the ZMA Recovery Matrix consisting of Magnesium Glycinate Chelate at 400mg, Zinc Methionine at 150mg, and Pyridoxine HCI at 14.5mg. The combination of these three ingredients has been long demonstrated to enhance levels of anabolic hormones, particularly during sleep when hormones such as testosterone and GH rise. This in return supports muscular hypertrophy and overall recovery.

Aferwords is the Anti-Stress Matrix containing Ashwagandha at 150mg, Ascorbic Acid at 100mg and L-Theanine at 100mg. These ingredients are known for their adaptogenic and anti-cortisol benefits, among other benefits to health, that help reduce levels of stress that can hamper recovery through the reduction of anabolic hormones.

Moving along is the Electro Fuel Matrix that has the electrolytes sodium at 200mg and potassium at 40mg. Electrolytes such as these help maintain adequate hydration levels and play roles in nerve and tissue function.

Finally is the Tranquility Matrix containing Chamomile Flower at 75mg and Melatonin at 4mg. These two ingredients help enhance sleep and GH levels through anti-stress support and somatostatin inhibition.

I received the Tropical Thunder as the Cola Bling was not available at the time. Truth be told, I don't think the taste was bad, bad at the same time not something I would deem the best. To me, it was like drinking a diluted fruit punch with an aftertaste of coconut aroma. Again, not the worst thing I've tasted, but not the best either.

Mixability was alright, but needs improvement. Very often I was left with a little undissolved sediment that I could only avoid through rigorous and prolon stirring.

I took one scoop mixed with 8oz of water and consumed it 30 minutes prior to sleep.

I'll first discuss how this influenced my sleep.

It was a little slow getting to sleep. I was not a expecting a "knock out" effect like the original G8 by FinaFlex did, but I was hoping that maube this would have a subtle "starting to gradually feeling sleepy" kind of effect. I did eventually start to drift to sleep, though it was a little too slow for my favor.

The real beneficial sleep influences came mostly from staying asleep and improving the depth of my sleep. I was able to stay asleep all through the night without experiencing a disturbance of any kind. I also felt I was sleeping deeper and more soundly.

My recovery was much improved thanks to my overall more recuperative sleep. I woke up more refreshed, increasingly energized, and had less grogginess and DOMS from previous training session. This was highly welcomed especially when I have to go for early morning cardio/training session or early hour work shifts.

Some guys have reported vivid dreams while on this, but I experienced this only a few times. This wasn't a significant factor for me.

In summary, while getting to sleep was a somewhat slower than what I would've preferred, my overall sleep quality, duration, and recuperation were all much improved.

No doubt this is a highly effective and well formulated sleep aid and recovery support product. However, at a price of 60 dollars available only through Alpha Lion's website, Alpha Dreams is a pretty penny. The efficacy of the product I would say does translate into the premium class price, but no doubt this is gonna discourage some more price savvy users. I'd day you'll definitely want to look out for deals on this one.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, despite the high price tag, Alpha Dreams is a great product to help improve your overall sleep quality and help enhance the recuperative and recovery effects from a deep restful slumber. Just be sure you are devoting enough time to sleep and try to catch this on deals.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
  • Tropical terminator: 6/10

Animal Pak (Universal)
Thanks to Universal for sending it out!
  October 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Muti- Vitamins.
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
  • Price
  • Has Good Liver Support
  • Affordable Enough
  • A Lot Of Pills!
  • Horse Pills

As an older male I try to stay healthy as possible but it seems that if I do get a cold once a year I get it 5 times or more, But on those few times I never get sick all year I do believe it is because I stayed on game with my Vitamins. I feel this is something that EVERYONE should be taking, in some sort of way that can be easy for them. I would even say that as a whole 80% of the population in the United states do not enough good things for us to get out healthy Vitamin intakes. This is just here to help.

I remember watching some old videos o...

I remember watching some old videos of the older Bodybuilders from back in the day working out and you would always see Universal products in the background. So yea I always wondered what that was. Then Hulk Hogan keeps preaching to take you Vitamins. So I have actually been into taking my Vitamins thank's to all these guy's. Animal pak is a trusted product that has been used by many for a long time and I feel you should too. But if you do not like all these pill's they do have a powdered version that is made for you as well.

We could be here all day talking about what all is in this. But I will try to not repeat what Cray has summed up on his review.
Five huge complexes on this.
Vitamin complex.
Pretty good, I like they have 30mg of zinc, I do wish they more Vitamin D in this, I find it really low in my opinion at only 680iu in two packs.
Amino Acid complex
I feel this one is set up pretty well for what is considered just a vitamin product.
Performance complex
Uni-Liver blend is what I am talking about. I do not know if you have taken this as a stand alone but I can say this is something that really seems to help me with strength recovery.
Antioxidant complex
Lots of great things in this to help you just feel better in general
Digestive Enzyme complex
I think some vitamins really miss this. If you are not digesting your vitamins better you will fail to utilize them the best way possible.

Now let me say there is SO much in the this I could never list or hit on everything. Like Cray mentioned it takes another top tier Vitamin like Vital4U to even compare to this stuff. I think I feel best on the others but I do say I tend to perform best at the gym on these.

Its pills and yes there is several, rather large ones in the pak. Don't be a wuss and just take these. They work.
I always took these along with my other staples in the morning. . I also only used one pack a day.

I loved these as much as my Vital4u. I think my immune system was a bit better with those than it was on the pak. But that being said I still had some truly great recovery and just overall energy on these. Actually so much I talked two guys at work into buying them and they are enjoying them as well.
I did hit a few extra PR's while taking these.. no I do not think it was a vitamin that did that but I do feel it, But I think it may have helped in other areas that possibly attributed to it.
Also as cray mentioned this does help some with digestion. Just enough to say that is helps. Nothing ground breaking but a help.

I think I found this online for 28 bucks for 44 paks. I took this one pak a day and found that enough for my needs. I feel this is a very solid buy.

Side Effects

Just several pills and sometimes can be a bit hard to swallow

Conclusion

Universal continues to make solid products year after year. I have always wanted to give this a run and glad I did. I will be getting these more often and would like to try out the animal flex at some point.

Huge apology to Universal for taking so long to get this review out I just recently took a new job and have been working crazy hrs.

4.5
Thanks to Loud Muscle Science for sending it out!
  November 2, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Libido Boost
  • Lacks That Umph

Maybe it was my high hopes, but I was not impressed with this Test booster.

Good day to all! First I would like to thank Loud Muscle Science and the TROOPer program for allowing me the opportunity to try out this product. I have been looking for a decent booster to help out with my gym routines and in my daily living. At 35, I have tried a few and Bionic Test RX caught my attention.

The ingredients are broken down by categories:

Maybe it was my high hopes, but I was not impressed with this Test booster.

The ingredients are broken down by categories:
Red Blood Cells Volumization Blend, Libido Volumization Blend, and Estrogen Inhibitor Blend. The first two, appear to be prop blends.

Red blood Cell Volumization Blend: 200mg
Wheat grass: Helps with blood, skin ect..
Folic Acid,
Vitamin B12: helps improve blood cells
Sun Dried Spinach, antioxidant
Chlorophylls: there are several things this ingredient does, one is that it promotes healthy iron levels in your blood.
Oyster Shells: Calcium

libido volumization Blend: 1300MG(there really is no need to explain much about what the ingredients do. All are in a prop blend designed to increase your sex drive)
Leuzea Carthamoides (helps overcome fatigue)
Epicatechin (antioxidant that helps reduce Myostatin)
Bulbine natalensis Extract(5:1) (The main function of this herb is on testosterone level. It increases testosterone level and decreases estrogen level significantly.)
Epimedium(Horny Goat Weed 10% Icariin for ED)
Tribulus Terrestris(40% Protodioscin & 60% Saponins) (The roots enhance libido and sexual well being without affecting testosterone while the fruits appear to be potently protective of organ function.)
Mucuna Pruriens (It is the most powerful herbal aphrodisiac for increasing libido in men and women)
Maca Extract (12:1) (It is medicinally used as a remedy for sexual dysfunction and infertility in men and women.)
Ant Extract (20:1) (enhance the sexual performance for men and women, and to protect the liver.)
Xanthoparmelia Scabrosa Extract 35% Piperizine (aphrodisiac)

Estrogen Inhibitor Blend
7-Methoxyflavone (aromatize inhibitor) Will reduce estrogen levels

No taste or mixability as they were pills. The dosing was pretty simple: On cutting phase: take 2 capsules a day. On the bulking phase: 2-6 can be taken.

I am always hopeful and positive on products even when they just don't have the "umph" I need. I gave it a 6 due to the fact it did appear to give me some aggression and my sex drive was slightly raised. By aggression I mean I had some drive in the gym. My wife could tell I had a little bit of a friskiness about me. I had it on the brain quite a bit while on the pills. I did not however, gain any unnoticeable strength or mass. Starting off this product I was around 190lbs. After I completed, I was only around 193 and I think that was because I took a few days off from the gym. My bench did not go up any either. I was still only doing reps with 250. I was hoping this would help with my plateau that I have came across lately. My body fat did not decrease any either. The libido aspect of the product however, was a plus. This is mainly where the score came from.

4.5/10
The only place I found this product was on their site. It was roughly $65.00 at around 1.08ct. That is for 60 pills ( 30 day supply). To me, that is a little high for the results that I was given. If this product worked all around for me as the claims were made, I would definitely buy stock. Sadly, I do not need or want to pay $65.00 for an erection. So with that, I gave it a 5.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product.

Conclusion

OVERALL 6.0/10
To conclude, I was not greatly impressed with this product. It gave me a little bit of aggression and little more libido drive. However, as I previously mentioned, I felt like I needed more strength and size gains with the price tag that it came with. I feel like maybe the product needs to step back from Prop blends and individualize the ingredient with some higher doses to allow Bionic test to live up to the claims that it has.

Alphadex (Myokem)
Thanks to Myokem for sending it out!
  November 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Libido
  • Robust Profile
  • Improved Sexual Performance
  • High Dose Of Acacetin
  • Some Muscle Fullness
  • Perceivable Estrogen Control
  • No Noticeable Cortisol Control

Solid overall. Wasn't as potent for me as others, but still a good option. More expensive.

I've recently come to really appreciate the impact of a solid AI on my everyday physique and maintenance goals. I've run all three of VMI's "arimi" products and had very positive experiences with two of those supplements. Having not run any of Myokem's product line before, and being intrigued by the profile of Alphadex (specifically the amount of Acacetin), I decided to grab a bottle.

And sorry for the title. I couldn't stop myself.

----Ingredient Profil...

And sorry for the title. I couldn't stop myself.

Alphadex's profile is fairly complex but not overly so. There are four primary ingredients (plus Bioperine for absorption) with purported properties related to estrogen inhibition, hormonal balance, and increased testosterone production. The struggle I have with evaluating these ingredients and their dosages is the lack of reliable research, but I did my best below.

Safflower Seed Extract is mostly touted for its blood and heart-support properties e.g. preventing hardening of the arteries, reducing the risk of heart disease, widening blood vessels, and so on. It's an unusual ingredient for this type of product IMO. In his review of Alphadex, bctuhill posited that this extract was likely included to combat the drying-out effect of Acacetin. That could be the case.

Next up is BGE (I'm not spelling that out); a compound related to the Brassica family of vegetables which are touted for their anti-estrogen properties. Very common for an AI, though research suggests oral bioavailability of these compounds is poor. VMI's Arima-XD is primarily built around Brassica-related ingredients.

What I really love to see in an AI is Acacetin, a known AI that binds to androgens to prevent estrogen conversion, while also inhibiting rises in cortisol levels. I had a fantastic experience with a product that included 100mg of Acacetin per dose and you get DOUBLE that in a daily dose of Alphadex. To me this is the cornerstone of the ingredient profile.

Finally there's Mangosteen extract; a supplement that was foreign to me initially. Mangosteen has properties that claim to stimulate the immune system and improve mental health, but research is minimal and unreliable.

Dosing of Alphadex was honestly somewhat difficult for me. I practice Intermittent Fasting yet the instructions on the bottle said to take two caps daily, with food, one in the AM and one in the PM. Thus I usually tried to remember to bring a cap with me to work to dose at lunch and would take my second cap five hours later with dinner. A small inconvenience, but I did sometimes forget to grab my lunch dose which meant I was taking two caps at dinner. Not sure if that had an impact on my results.

Very easy to swallow caps with no aftertaste, indigestion, or other side effects.

If you read my Arimidrol review, you'll note I raved about the product's libido boosting and cortisol control properties, thus I had the bar set pretty high for Alphadex given the 200mg dosing of Acacetin. While that mark was not missed, I think my expectations were too lofty. I was reasoning the increased dose of Acacetin would hit me twice as fast and would have a stronger effect overall, however that was not the case. As I experienced with Arimidrol it really wasn't until week three when the product started to take effect, with those effects strengthening until the end of the bottle. I experienced a small but noticeable increase in muscle hardness and density, as well the usual spike in libido, drive, and all things related to sexual performance (again, Acacetin really works from me on this front). Overall I can't say I noticed a difference between Alphadex and its 200mg of Acacetin per day and Arimidrol's 100mg daily dose.

I did not experience the same level of cortisol control as I have with other AIs. Can't pinpoint the exact reason here. Could be my dosing protocol, could be diet, could be a host of factors. I certainly didn't gain weight, but I didn't lean out and feel as "tight" as I normally do when running an AI.

A 28 day bottle of Alphadex can be purchased for around $45. This is really the only gripe I have with the product. At a per dose cost of $1.60, you are paying more for Alphadex than you are for other AIs. Granted it is difficult to gauge the price of AI's considering ingredient profiles are rather unique and really no two of this category of supplement is identical. As I've stated several times, Alphadex packs a higher dose of Acacatin than other supplements, however as you've read this did not result in improved effectiveness for me. Certainly could prove beneficial for a larger person, or someone who does not respond as strongly to a lower dose.

From past research I've done I can tell you it is standard to find good AI's at a price point of roughly $1 a day. So while Alphadex is on the higher end of the price scale, certain users may find it more effective and worth the money.

Side Effects

I had no joint dryness while on this product.

Conclusion

Overall I enjoyed my experience with Alphadex and would recommend it as a viable, safe, well-dosed estrogen blocker. While not the most cost-effective option, it's still worth considering and a good stack option as part of a PCT. A solid product.