SR Leaderboard (Thursday, September 20, 2018)

Top Rated   Best and Worst   Top 100 Users   Exemplary Reviews   Monthly Awards   Rookie of the year   Member of the Month

Exemplary Reviews

These reviews were rated the "most helpful" out of all reviews in the last 30 days.

Thanks to Humanix for sending it out!
  August 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Pump
  • Reduces Carb Bloat
  • Nearly Ineffective

Vanaphase can potentially provide some moderate benefits to your overall goals, but may not quite hit the mark for everyone.

A special thanks to Humanix for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their product Vanaphase. Vanaphase is a glucose transporter or GDA (glucose disposal agent) designed to help the body better absorb glucose consumed from food in order to be used as energy. The potential results include increased endurance, better pump, improved recovery, and an increase in muscular size and strength. I've used plenty of GDAs in the past and new what to expect if this product did in fact work for me.

The product contains one ingredient, which is Vanadium at 10mg per capsule. Humanix uses a form of vanadium called Bis-Glycinato Oxo Vanadium. Supposedly, this form is more favorably absorbed by the body.

Vanadium supplementation has shown promise in some studies to improve conditions such as diabetes, heart diseases, high cholesterol, and unfavorable glucose levels within the bloodstream.

Vanadium is believed to act as an insulin mimetic and catalyst. In others words, when ingested it is believed to perform the mechanisms similar to that insulin and help improve the body's own insulin action. The result is a better absorption of glucose from the blood into muscle tissue.

As mentioned earlier, this results in higher levels of energy, power output, and endurance. This also reduces the amount of glucose and carbs from being stored as additional body fat.

Vanadium has been found to be potentially renal toxic if used over long periods of time in large quantities. Therefore, one with pre existing kidney compromise would most likely want to avoid this product.

The directions state to always take the product with food and never on an empty stomach.

The total dosage protocol as directed is three caps per day with meals. I took each capsule with my three biggest meals of the day. In my case, that was my primary breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals. I did not take it with my smaller supplementary meals.

From my past experience with other GDAs such as SlinShot, Anabolic Pump, Primabol, Assa1nate, and Glycolog, I know what to look for in order ti gauge a GDA as effective. The benefits include better pumps, less carb bloat, improved endurance, and better muscle output potential. If I am on a caloric restriction I also judge on fat loss. I am on a lean recomp and am on a slight caloric surplus, so fat loss was not applicable with my usage with Vanaphase.

First was the pump factor. Truthfully, the pumps I got from Vanaphase were moderate at best. I did experience some muscle fullness and a slight increase in vascularity. However, the pump fell short compared to what I would've expected.

My endurance was unchanged. I did not see myself cranking out additional reps or sets in the gym, nor did I see improvements in stamina during cardio sessions. My endurance is normally good to begin with, but with GDAs I do at experience better overall stamina between weight training intervals sets and longer more intense cardio sessions. With Vanaphase, I did not experience any of that.

Carb bloat after heavier meals was reduced and I did not have any gaseous issues after meal consumption. So Vanaphase did show up in this aspect.

Natural energy levels were little higher, but not to a significant enough degree where I can give points here.

Finally, I did see a very slight difference in strength, mass, and recovery. My physique appeared fuller and slightly bigger in some areas, but the difference was near miniscule. I was lifting slightly heavier for volume on some lifts, but nothing PR-setting level. My recovery was nearly unchanged, but I did have a slight decrease in DOMS at times. These subtle differences don't earn any points here. I don't expect huge gains from GDAs, but I would prefer better response in this area.

Overall, Vanaphase was somewhat effective in some areas, but fell short in comparison to other GDAs I've used.

Vanaphase currently is available on Humanix's website for 37 dollars for a 30 day supply. For the lack of efficacy, this is not a good value based on my experience. I would invest in one of the GDAs I listed earlier instead.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I feel that Vanaphase is at best worth a try. It had some slight to moderate benefits in pump and overall blood glucose support, but simply falls short for me. I'd say pass on this one and opt for other products.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!

Magnitropin (Myokem)

Overall
Thanks to Myokem for sending it out!
  September 7, 2018

• Great Pumps
  • Promising Science
  • Mostly Lives Up To Claims
  • 6 Pills A Day

Magnitropin is a natural test booster that works pretty well.

I've always been kind of a skeptic when it came to test boosters, especially those containing tribulus. However, I saw all the positive reviews of Magnitropin, and I was curious. When the opportunity came to test it through the TROOP program, I said, "what the heck?" Thanks to Myokem for supporting the TROOPs.

Magnitropin contains an interesting herbal ingredient profile, many of which I am totally unfamiliar with.

1.45g PAEDERIA FOETIDA EXTRACT: Paederia fo...

Magnitropin is a natural test booster that works pretty well.

1.45g PAEDERIA FOETIDA EXTRACT: Paederia foetida is a plant that goes by various names, including Chinese fever vine. Extracts of the leaves of Paederia foetida boost testosterone levels of rats. Researchers at the Hari Singh Gour University in India write about this in the Journal of Men's Health. The testosterone-boosting effect is big enough to bring about a significant weight gain and to enhance sexual activity. You can read more about the study here: http://www.ergo-log.com/paederia-foetida-boosts-testosterone-level-anabolic-effect.html

300mg CISTANCHE DESERTICOLA EXTRACT: Cistanche or rou cong rong is an herbal tonic made from the root or leaves of a desert plant called Cistanche deserticola that has been part of traditional Chinese medicine for nearly 2000 years. The traditional belief is that cistanche is a yang tonic with counteracts the effects of aging, increases sexual potency, and improves mental function. Modern scientific studies have shown that cistanche increases the blood flow to the brain, sexual organs, and other areas of the body. The same studies show that taking cistanche can increase a person's energy level and even limit muscle damage from accidents and aging.

300mg GENTIANA LUTEA EXTRACT: Gentiana lutea extract improves your digestion while stimulating your appetite, encouraging greater food intake to fuel growing muscle mass.

102mg EPICATECHIN: Epicatechin has been the subject of several studies that have uncovered a host of physiological benefits, including:

Enhancing muscle growth and strength naturally via a novel pathway
Increasing nitric oxide production for improved vascularity, blood flow and endurance
Improving insulin sensitivity, regulating blood sugar levels and stimulating muscle protein synthesis
Lowering cholesterol levels due to its natural antioxidant properties
Improving brain and heart health

7.5mg BIOPERINE BLACK PEPPER EXTRACT: BioPerine is a patented extract obtained from black pepper fruits (Piper nigrum) standardized minimum to 95% Piperine.

BioPerine has been used as a bioavailability enhancer for over 20 years.

BioPerine may be co-administered with various nutrients to enhance their bioavailability in both human and animal.

In general, BioPerine was found to enhance absorption of nutrients by at least 30%.

The label suggests taking 3 pills pre or post workout and 3 pills later with or without meal. The label also suggests drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily while using this product. I used 3 pills post workout and 3 pills at lunch.

During my 4 week run of Magnitropin, I noticed my muscles looking a little fuller and a slight strength increase; 5 pounds for ant extra 2-3 reps--kind of like a newbie using creatine for the first time, just without the bloat. Previous reviews of this mentioned an increase of appetite, but mine remained the same. I did, however have a lot more stamina in the gym, and a boosted libido. Overall, I'd say that this was a pretty decent run. My body weight remained the same, but I did look leaner.

Amazon and Myokem sell Magnitropin for around 55 bucks, so it's a little on the pricey side. However, it worked pretty well, it's natural, and there were no negative sides associated with it, so I'd probably drop a double nickel and do another run.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Having been previously curious about the effectiveness of natural test boosters, I can say that my curiosity (at least for this product) has been satisfied. I'm curious to see what results an 8 week run would yield. I must add this: because it is product designed to boost testosterone, those under the age of, say, 30 or so may not feel the effects, but for old heads like me, I definitely recommend it.

RE1GN (Olympus Labs)

• Lack Of Pump
  • Buzz Lasts For Hours
  • Insomnia If Taken Later On In The Day
  • Could Make You Jittery If Your Stim Sensitive

Hey SR fam - pre workouts to me are a necessity in my book. I'd much rather train with a pre than without one. But finding the right one is a bit of a mission. Being super picky and sensitive I decided to go with Reign. Olympus recently hit local shores and I wasn't gonna miss this opportunity! I have been enjoying the reviews on SR.com and I must say I was a tad sceptical since some had adverse effects...

1 serving

Immaculate focus matrix
Teacrine 40% 100mg
Kannaease 25mg
Maximum absorption matrix 50mg
Astragin prop blend and panax notoginseng extract

A lot of reviews cover the main ingredients- and go into great depth. It's surprising to see the usuals are not in here such as creatine monohydrate, beta alanine, l-tyrosine and choline bitartrate. It was an amazing surprise to see it worked so well without all the norms... overall this blend worked a charm, they have a lot of patented ingredients which is something really awesome and innovative- they really push the boundary in being unique which I really admire. L-citrulline is on the low end as 2 scoops equals 5g as opposed to the clinical 6/8g recommended but that's basically the only only known flaw in their ingredients.

Taste

Area 51 (sour apple)
Really a nice tasting pre workout, I enjoyed the Area 51 flavor a lot, it wasn't too sweet nor tart - it was more or less just right. The only thing is that that this does have a after taste. The green apple taste which I assume it is, is a nice switch up to the usual fruit punch I normally opt for (old habits die hard I suppose). I like the cool names and the variety of choices but it's pretty hard knowing what flavor your buying with all those funky names but in a cool way way the color of the font gives the flavor away.

Mixability

Really had no issues at all in this department. Barely little to no grit at the end of my serving, I occasionally used a spoon to mix a scoop in a glass with some water. But it mixed really well overall. There is a little bit of grit left at the bottom but like most advanced pres that is expected!

For me I stuck to one heapish scoop in about 6/8oz of water. 10/15mins before my workout.

I was a bit nervous to even start with a scoop to be honest. This thing looked hardcore af and the reviews about some experiencing anxiety and cold sweats - gave me anxiety lol. I don't usually opt for hardcore pres being that I have basically found joy in creating my own pres normally with a junk pre that's dirt cheap and I'd purchase raw goodies like choline and tyrosine to add that extra special twist. Reign had a nice array of ingredients i liked and the caffeine content per scoop wasn't really that much.

Strength:
I wasn't expecting much in this department since creatine wasn't there lol. But in all seriousness I was able to break every PR I had. There was a deep awakening I felt where I felt every session I was stronger and better - it's something that is hard to explain but being off it for a bit I can tell you it ain't a lie - it was Reign.

Performance:
Going into this my performance was pretty stagnant - I had good days but majority were mediocre at best unfortunately. That did change to my satisfaction whilst on Reign - I felt I performed on a whole other level where I used, when belief and drive were there. The part I loved was it stayed at a constant.

Pumps:
Love a good pump don't you? I feel the pumps were very good. But I'd be honest here, massacr3 made the pumps incredibly better. As a stand-alone pumps are noticeable especially when drop sets occurred. Overall the pumps were the least impressive out of the sections but it's still note worthy for sure.

Energy:
Was really good, I didn't feel a super buzz as such but the energy was there and I felt that it was a lot smoother than I expected. The energy lasted a long time and I like the way it was balanced out - it didn't hit hard in the first 10 mins and that was that - but it lasted. Obviously at 1 scoop max I can't assess the full dosage of 2 scoops which I have heard is rather hectic - this does give me a buzz that I don't feel comfortable with any other sources of caffeine. That was a bit of a draw back.

Stamina:
Was totally on another level as I had probably some of The longest workouts whilst intensity remained more or less the same. I'd like to point out that of course no product is perfect and I cannot say that reign alone did this as I also had endur3 which definitely made a difference to be frank. But using reign with no add ons I still noticed a difference.

Focus:
I really loved the focus that reign bestowed up me, it was a perfect mix for me, some pres give me headaches and others I still feel half asleep but Reign gave me a nice boost in my focus that lasted a while after my workout which is great, again the feeling and effects stayed it wasn't just an initiation phase that some cause.

Intensity:
A true sign of a kick ass pre is intensity. To put it bluntly I haven't had an intense workout in a while... after my first serving I was soaked - in a good way. It was amazing to feel that intensity I missed. The best part is that this was on a single serving and the intensity remained the same more often than not.

Aggression:
Darn healthy aggression is amazing... I won't lie I hit the weights with authority and purpose feels helluva good. Reign made me want to train and in fact it made a world of difference.

Crash:
I can't say I actually crashed - it was a constant flow of buzz I felt that ended in the evenings if I trained in the am. I avoided taking this in afternoons as I felt I'd have troubling sleeping.

To be fair this has to be one of the better valued pre workouts out there. A tub I swear lasted me ages it felt... A tub surprisingly goes for R499 locally which is around $34 which is pretty much a bargain as it lasted me about 40 workouts which equates to R12,48/$0.85 and that's a lot of effectiveness for a small price. I was expecting this to sell for a lot more locally as I have seen international pre workouts go for around R900/$60 and that to me is big money. So overall hugely impressed with the value of this.

Side Effects

Slight edgy feeling on my first dose, just a true indication of the power. I'd have to say if you are sensitive to caffeine start with half a scoop.

There is that buzz feeling I can't really explain that's felt more or less throughout the day and on some days I would battle to sleep - i would be restless and a bit on edge.

Surprisingly enough I did not have any stomach issues - which seemed to be a issue for some.

Conclusion

Overall a really awesome pre workout, Reign ticked almost every box for me and I'd go as far to say this is the best pre I have used since the og muscle marinade. I really feel like I have made progress in the gym and overall it truly improved my confidence with new PRs every wee. I am really impressed by this pre and I am a firm adviser that following your own preferences that suit your lifestyle needs to remain priority - I would never go 2 scoops as 1 heapish scoop was more than enough, this stuff is crazy strong! I am Super excited to see their new pre launch soon - hopefully it will cause less sides and even more gainz! This stuff is amazing and it's gonna take an amazing pre to topple Reign! The most fascinating part is - will their new pre surpass this? That's a whole other story...
  • Area 51: 7/10

Lean Xt (Jacked Factory)

Overall
Overall
4.8
4.4
5.2
  August 22, 2018

Cons:

1st time in my life that I really was looking for fat burning goals.. Tried this product as I received it from the bounty program as it is a stimulant free fat burner. This product did not do anything as advertised for me. This didn't suppress my appetite, and didn't increase fat loss.

29 y/o male, I've been going to the gym for almost 10 years now.. Was always a skinny weak kid whose goal was to increase mass and strength, which I've had a lot of success with. this past winter I felt I got alittle heavier than I would have liked, and started the summer off with the goal of increasing cardio, out door activities, and with the hopes to get more lean. 1st time I ever was focused really on cutting. I received this product, a stimulant free "fat loss amplifier" from the bounty program (thanks clipper!).

Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL 750 mg - this is an amino acid that helps produce energy in the body and is also believed to increase mood and mental function.

Green Tea Extract 500 mg - conflicting evidence shows this is effective for increasing athletic performance and fat burning purposes.

Coleus Forskohlii root extract 150 mg - used for fat burning purposes and is believed to help reduce high blood pressure

Bioperine Black pepper fruit extract 5mg - is supposed to help nutrient absorption and help suppress appetite.

No taste or mixability as this is pill form. Dosing is to take 2 pills, 1-2x a day 30 minutes before meals.

For me I only used 1 dose daily, as this bottle only comes with 60 pills, so to use 2x a day it would only last 2 weeks.

This product just wasn't effective. It didn't suppress my appetite at all, I still wanted to eat like a monster when using this product. This product didn't make me look or feel any leaner, and this product didn't give me any extra energy at all. Using this product during the summer months wasn't easy, because although I tried to curb my diet, there were times I still ate ALOT at a bbq or ball game , even when using this my appetite was still huge, and after these events of binge eating I still looked and felt bloated.

I increased my cardio while using this product as well.. This product just didn't do anything to promote or help increase the fat burning process.

Saw this product on amazon for $24 for 30 servings, haven't seen this product available at many other retailers online. This product has 30 servings, but instructs 1 to use it up to 2x a day which really would hurt the value.

While I don't feel $24 is expensive for a product, I feel this product was cheaply made, and isn't worth the $24, especially for the lack of effectiveness.

Side Effects

none to report.

Conclusion

Weak product, didn't do anything for me really. Glad I had the opportunity to receive this product from the bounty program, and didn't have to waste my own money on it.

Thankyou Clipper and SR's for the opportunity here to try this product, but to the product itself and jacked factory - Thankyou for nothing!

Formula X (Rage Nutrition)
    Thanks to Rage Nutrition for sending it out!
      August 29, 2018

• Good Price At Half Serving
    • Only 20 Servings
    • Crash

Formula X delivers high intensity stimulants for those junkies out there who need all of the boosts they can, but it does lack in other areas keeping it a pre workout for a very specific target market.

Whats up SR, finally getting around to dropping my reviews here. I am still training hypertrophy style workouts in the early mornings. Those early mornings mean that I need all of the help I can get from a pre workout, which is why I chose to review this product. Thanks to Rage Nutrition and the Trooper program for hooking me up as always, I apologize for how late this review is, life happens sometimes, but thats no excuse.

So luckily for us we do have a fully disclosed ingredient profile, something that is always nice to see especially in pre workouts. The label goes as follows:

Thiamine B1 - 10mg
    Niacin B3v - 30mg
    Pyrodoxine B6 - 20mg
    B12 - 200mcg
    Sodium - 200mg
    Potassium - 200mg
    L-Citrulline - 4g
    Beta Alanine - 3.2g (Clinical dosage)
    Betaine - 3 g
    Agmatine Sulfate - 1 g
    L-Norvaline - 200mg
    L-Tyrosine - 1g
    Caffeine Anhydrous - 400mg
    Alpha GPC - 300mg
    N-Phenyl Dimethylamine citrate e - 250 mg
    Theobromine - 200mg
    Dicaffeine malate - 75mg (slower digesting caffeine)
    Hordenine HCL - 75mg
    Isopropyl norsynephrine - 50mg
    Huperzine A - 10mg
    Bioperine - 5mg
    Rauwolfia vomitoria extract - 3mg

Okay so some things to note here: There is 475mg of Caffeine in this product, that is an absurdly large amount regardless of the other stimulants used in this product, so please be aware that this dosage is very high even though it is multi sourced. There is not much in the way of mental focus pieces, its very (VERY) stimulant heavy but besides the Alpha GPC there really isn't all that much to help with focus. Good doses of Agmatine and Citrulline are always nice to see when it comes to pump boosting as well.

This currently comes in one flavor: Candy Fusion. I don't really know how I would personally describe candy fusion. It is very sweet and more on the citrus side of things, it isn't my favorite flavor but it was manageable to take. Mixability was fine for me as well. Dosing is where I did mess around a bit, my tub came with a note from the owner warning me to start with a half serving and work my way up from there, that was fantastic advice and something anyone who takes this should try.

Lets break this down into the key categories for a pre workout shall we:

Energy: Okay this has obviously has some pop to it, anything with that many stims is likely to get you buzzing. Personally at the full one scoop serving this was far too much stimulation, not mentally but more physically, I felt really shaky and my heart rate would get out of control quickly thus making me feel weak. at the half scoop/ three quarter scoop I did not have these same issues although I would occasionally catch my heart rate rising a little too quickly. I did feel a crash at the full scoop serving as well, which I really hate, but never at the lower doses. The energy is there with this product no doubt

Pump: The pumps on this were decent at best. I can't really say that I felt a noticeable difference strictly from taking this. I would have liked a higher dose of Citrulline or some muscle volumizers (like glycerol) to help really kick the pump and vascularity into high gear. Decent but nothing to write home about.

Focus: This was where I found the biggest hole with Formula X. I really felt no boost in either mental focus or mood while taking this. Possibly this is due to the high doses of stimulants not allowing me to focus, but I really would have liked to feel dialed in or any sort of elevated state while taking this but I never found it. This was a let down for me, you have to balance stimulants and focus boosters to have a complete pre workout in my mind as the mental focus boost can help synergistically make the stimulants work better.

Endurance and Strength: Anything with a clinical dose of beta alanine at 3.2g is bound to keep the workouts going, zero issues with my endurance. Strength wise I would have liked to see some creatine or something to help with ATP production, but to be fair most pre workouts are trending away from creatine these days, so I cant knock them for it.

This can be found for between $40 and $50 for a 20 serving tub, giving it a very high price point in my book. However if like me you can get away with a half serving, that changes the price to being dramatically better and much closer to $1 per serving, which I have no issue paying.

Side Effects

At a full scoop serving the stimulants are too much, you may experience jitters, shakiness, lack of focus, cold sweats and that is followed by a very hard crash. So be smart and start with a lower dose.

Conclusion

In conclusion if you are a stim junkie this may be just what you are looking for. For myself personally the lack of focus and pump paired with the negative effects of the full serving size places this lower on my list of fave pre workouts. Start with a small serving and you should be okay. This will deliver hard hitting energy but be careful what you wish for.
    • Candy fusion : 6/10