SR Leaderboard (Saturday, November 18, 2017)

Top Rated   Best and Worst   Top 100 Users   Exemplary Reviews   Monthly Awards   Rookie of the year   Member of the Month

Exemplary Reviews

These reviews were rated the "most helpful" out of all reviews in the last 30 days.

Thanks to NTel Pharma for sending it out!
  November 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Focus
  • Great Stimulant Profile
  • Highly Increased Energy
  • Increased Sweating
  • Increased Sweating
  • Sub-Par Dosing For Pump Ingredients

Getting older suck's , having a tough job and full life and still wanting to go to the gym and put some heavy weight's on the bar. Sometime's you need something to help give you a bump on the grinding wheel. I new when I looked at the label this was not your average stim preworkout.

Damn. I mean really It's like they went and asked , how many stimulates can we safely put in a single dose.

This is fully disclosed and a pretty solid mix of things. Wade419 has already broken down this label well so I will just point out what I want to talk about.
For Pump it has some good ingredients. I like the HydroMax and the L-Arginine Hcl in this along with the others.
They said it like when they put ( Godlike energy mix )
Start it off with DMHA, If you have not been under a stone the last year, you already know how strong this is.
Next is 75mg Eria Jarensis Extract: Eria Jarensis, or Cocoamine, acts as a neuromodulator on thecentral nervous system, yielding a plethora of benefits for cognitive function. It provides moodenhancing effects by increasing levels of dopamine and noradrenaline in the body. Dopamine isresponsible for increased feelings of wellbeing, hence Eria Jarensis Extract provides quite aneuphoric effect, while also reducing feelings of anxiety. ( which I can say it does work well for this )
Now add is some 350 mg of Caffeine Anhydrous and 3g of Alpha Yohimbine, oh yea dont forget to through in some Synephrine & Dendrobium, I mean why sell yourself short right?
Seriously this stuff is really strong. But at the same time I was able to concentrate because of some other things they added in with it , like the 12 mg of Nooept .

I had sets on the beach, which is kinda like Peach flavor. Not bad but sometimes with too much water it was not that good.
Mixing was fine but I seem to have to keep swishing the bottle around to keep it from sinking to the bottom some.
Took this about 20 mins before the gym , It seemed to take a bit longer to kick in than others I used but man does it stick around for a while!

Holy moly this stuff is crazy. DO NOT TAKE THIS IF YOU HAVE TO SLEEP UP TO 4-5 HRS LATER. ( well that was my case anyway ) Now this took about 30 mins for it to really hit me. But like Wade said it seems like it just keep's getting stronger for up to about an hr after taking it. So let say you take it and you head to gym, and you get your warmup sets in and the music is kicking and then you just start getting the reps and sets in for Jesus, next thing you know your shirt is completely soaked and you just want more. I have not sweated this much from a preworkout since the day's of the old school Jack3d. I had some great focus , good energy but not overly nervous from the stims. So I have to say this stuff is serious and pretty wicked.
I will say I typically do not like one this packed with stimulate's but it was a nice change up.

Around 40 bucks for this insane strong preworkout is not bad. But like wade mentioned it is lacking some Nitric boosters that most like to see in something in this range.

Side Effects

Can not sleep well the night of taking this stuff. It happened almost the whole tub. I guess my body just had a hard time coming down from it.

----Conclusion---
Get some heavy duty Laundry detergent because you are going to need it with this . I really enjoyed this and feel it is solid one to pick up. But be warned it is strong . I was looking at the other Product's they offer and I feel they may have some other solid picks on thier line too.
  • Sets on the beach: 6/10

Intra Blast (NutraBio)

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  October 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Increases Hydration
  • Rehydrates
  • A Little Expensive

I'm a competing powerlifter getting ready for a meet in November. I train five to six days a week, and I do heavy compound work (bench, squats, deadlifts), with lighter accessories for more volume (Db press, curls, leg extensions, etc.)

We have here an open label intra workout product from Nutra Bio. It has no additives or fillers. In one scoop of Intra Blast, we have:

10g EAAs- EAAs are essential amino acids, i.e. the amino acids we cannot synthesize and we need to get from our diet. They stimulate MPS more effectively than just using BCAAs and 10g is a good dose.

5g Glutamine- Glutamine is an amino acid often supplemented with for recovery. That being said, it usually ends up in your digestive tract unless it's paired with alanine (e.g. sustamine). 5g is a common dose.

2g Betaine- Betaine is a metabolite of choline, and it may be an effective ergogenic aid; more research is needed. It's common to take 2.5g a day in split doses.

1g OKG- OKG is an ionic salt which may help stave off muscle protein breakdown.

2g Taurine- Taurine is an amino acid that can improve insulin sensitivity, hydration, and serve other uses in the body. A common dose is 1-3g.

(800mg) Finally, we have an electrolyte blend of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, and potassium. This is a solid electrolyte blend, featuring five of the seven major electrolytes.

I got the sweet tea flavor and it tasted just like sweet tea. I'd give the flavor a 9/10. It was sweet without being overly sweet, and with cold water it was delightful.

The mixability was decent. There was foam at the top which was expected given all of the aminos in the product, but sometimes the intra was a bit gritty. I always used a shaker bottle and cold water.

Dosing- I always used one scoop, which gives you 24g of active ingredients. I didn't see a need to use any more. Sometimes, I did pair the Intra Blast with Super Carb.

This intra workout was quite effective for me, 9/10. I ramped up my training volume while I was using Intra Blast to prepare for my meet, and my recovery between workouts was spot on. I was able to keep making progress on all of my main lifts and most of my accessories.

I usually add electrolytes to my intra workouts, but this was not needed with Intra Blast. I found that my hydration was very good with this product.

I also found that my endurance during the workout was improved. I can't attribute this to any particular ingredient in Intra Blast, but it was a nice result, nonetheless.

One tub retails for $40.00, but can be found for a bit less. I've seen it sell for $36.00 recently. That is a tad expensive, $1.2 per workout, but I think the price is fair given how well-rounded the product is. One scoop is 24g, which is about twice as much as you typically get with an intra-workout (assuming there are no added carbs).

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great intra workout product from a great company. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants to give their performance and recovery something extra and is willing to pay for quality.

Thanks for letting me try this out.
  • Sweet Tea: 9/10

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 31, 2017

• Supports Endurance
  • Good Focus
  • Focus Could Be Better

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition and SupplementReviews for making this possible and trusting our judgement. Sorry for the delay with this Preworkout but the problem is that I received this like 3 weeks after I requested it from the SR Troop program so within those 3 weeks, I had to request another preworkout (UXO Preworkout V2) because I thought I wasn't going to receive Pathogen. So when I received it, I was already taking UXO Preworkout V2 so I decided to finish it first, rest 1 week from stimulants and then begin with Pathogen.

I lift weight...

INTRODUCTION

I lift weights 5 times per week, from Monday to Friday, I take a preworkout every of those 5 days. I began taking Pathogen on September 4 and I finished the 28 servings on Friday October 27 (click finished on the 29th). I don't know how this lasted me so long. I tried a few preworkout samples during this time but I also gave 2-3 servings to some friends to see the effects of Pathogen on them so one thing compensates the other. I measured the scoop size when full and it was overall fine I think... when slightly full, it showed 10 grams and it was supposed to be 11.8 grams. For it to reach the 11.8 grams, I had to do like a very tiny mountain... don't know if it was because of that, I doubt it. I was going to take some pics but I forgot and I can't anymore :/ I wouldn't worry too much about this.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested and received the flavor "Agent-Orange Pineapple". It was delicious, sometimes I was tempted to try it even without water lol. You might want to add more water than what it says though. With 8oz, the flavor is very strong so you might not like that (or maybe yes). I usually added 12oz but 10oz is fine.

MIXABILITY: Excellent mixing, never gave problems here and no foaming! Powder's conservation was excellent too.

DOSING: 1 scoop 20-30 minutes before working out. Never needed more than 1 and I don't recommending taking more than 1.

----INGREDIENT PROFILE & EFFECTIVENESS----
User "gervs11" did a good job explaining the purpose of each ingredient so I won't stop too much there, that's why I'll merge Ingredient Profile with Effectiveness. As always, I'll divide the effectiveness into several areas:

- PUMP/VASCULARITY: The 5 grams of Citrulline Malate (2:1) and 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate did a great job. I wasn't expecting great results because I thought the 350mg of Caffeine were going to affect this area but IMO it didn't. I'm bulking so I don't expect a lot of vascularity, it was decent. Muscle fullness was great and lasted during all the workout. I also think adding 5 grams and not 6 was a good idea because sometimes 6 grams or more can make you have a bathroom trip before working out.

- ENERGY: For energy, we have a blend of 4 principal ingredients: 350mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, 125mg of Teacrine (tasteless), Theobromine and Juglans Regia Extract. Citrulline Malate indirectly helps with energy. The energy was solid, it lasted the whole workout, I could workout for 2 hours and still have energy left. I had to force myself to end my workouts, that's a feeling I love <3. That's where you know your preworkout is working at full power! Slight crash after finishing although that could maybe be because I was mixing DMHA separately. The last day I took Pathogen (Friday 27), I trained for 3 hours and I still had energy left! It was insane! lol.

- ENDURANCE/PERFORMANCE: Like I always say: "Not everything is about Pump and Vascularity. Increasing Nitric Oxide levels also provide benefits related to endurance and performance." Citrulline Malate + Agmatine + the 3.2 grams of Beta-Alanine did a good job. The tingling sensation was always present. That tells us companies don't always have to add the patented form of Beta-Alanine to feel the effects. Recovery time between sets was reduced, excellent for making 2 exercises together. As I said, I could train for a longer time without difficulties and I had to force myself to end it.

FOCUS: Focus overall was average. I had like 2 or 3 workouts where I felt the tunnel focus but overall, it helped but not so much. Those 500mg of Choline Bitartrate + the others were trying to do the job but they needed more direct reinforcements.

STRENGTH: No Creatine, No party! I tried it without Creatine first and then I added Creatine. The difference was sometimes significant although there were days I wasn't missing Creatine so there was some party afterall ;) They were not the majority though. I'm lifting heavy weights so having a preworkout give me "Increased Strength" will be more difficult each month so I won't blame Pathogen too much. I'm not going to suggest Outbreak Nutrition to add Creatine because if you feel Pathogen needs Creatine, then add it yourself. Leave the formula just like it is right now. Don't touch what works!

So to summarize, I was more than satisfied with 4 of the 5 areas, the Focus area was the one that worked the least (average) and energy the most. Overall, solid effectiveness during the 28 servings. People that tried Pathogen were also satisfied, they liked it a lot. My expectations with Pathogen were not big or let's just say they were less than with UXO Preworkout V2, I thought the Citrulline + Arginine HCL was going to be better than the Citrulline + Agmatine but I was wrong. If the focus was excellent, then this would have reached a 9.

VALUE

Outbreak Nutrition's website has it for $39.99 and A1Supplements has it for $34.99 and is giving a free shaker of Outbreak Nutrition. If you want to try this excellent effective preworkout, this is the opportunity. TigerFitness also has it for $34.99. I think $34.99 by itself is a good price. I wouldn't pay $39.99 for this because it doesn't have BCAA nor Carbohydrates but based on how it worked for me, $39.99 is still worth it. It's also available in Australia.

SIDE EFFECTS

None. I'm happy I didn't have to go to the bathroom before working out. I only had to go once and it was my fault because I had my preworkout meal like 20 minutes before working out. Combining it with a preworkout with Citrulline will definitely make you go to the bathroom before starting. Make sure to consume lot of water during workout.

CONCLUSION

Overall it worked great. Only thing that worked ok and not great was the Focus. The Strength was sometimes great, other times decent, other times average but it helped. You might feel the Strength area more than me because I'm doing my maximum weight but I could feel it and use it. If you get it, you won't repent.

SUGGESTION FOR THE COMPANY

1. Would be good if you add another ingredient for focus to take it to the next level.
  • Agent Orange Pineapple: 8/10

7 Blend (UXO Supplements)

Overall
Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
  October 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 7 Sources Of Protein
  • Tastes Good
  • Mixes Easily
  • Low Protein Ratio
  • Higher Carbs And Calories
Special thanks to UXO Supplements for the hook up on this product. One of the newer revelations in post workout supplementation is that a protein blend is more beneficial for you after your workout than an isolate, contrary to the popular narrative and conventional wisdom that was. So a good quality protein blend becomes more of a necessity than just something to take in-between meals or before bed time. Here's a look at how UXO's protein blend product stacks up:

Dosage

Two scoops (one serving) taken after workout.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

UXO's protein blend consists...

Dosage

Two scoops (one serving) taken after workout.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

UXO's protein blend consists of 7 different types of protein sources: whey concentrate, whey isolate, milk protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, egg whites, and whey hydrosate. A wide array of sources all with variable absorption rates to keep a constant flow of protein being delivered. It's pretty hard to beat the formula as far as a blend goes, the only thing I'd like to see is how much of each protein source we are getting.

Overall you get 24 grams of protein per 44 gram two scoop serving, so you're at a 55% protein ratio which is a little low on the spectrum even for being a blend. 180 calories, 6 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbs, with 4 coming from sugar and 5 as fiber. The carb and calorie conscious consumer or contest prepper will probably not care for this nutritional layout, but for the average Joe like me, it's just fine.

Mixture (9/10)

Despite being a diverse blend, I did not run into any issues with mixing. Your standard few good shakes in a shaker and you were good to go. I used 12 ounces of water with my two scoops and it was nice and smooth and went down easy.

Taste (8/10)

This was an interesting flavor for me as I got the Frozen Cappuccino flavor, something I've never tried before. I was pretty impressed with its flavor and it gave off a nice aroma as well each time I popped off the lid. Since I'm a man and have never had a real Cappuccino I don't know if it tastes like the genuine item, but I imagine it's pretty close based off of its smell.

Effectiveness (7.5/10)

I've said it a million times, but here is a million and one: To me, a protein powder is a foundation on which to build your recovery and nutrition off of. With that, I feel this is a decent product. As I said before it's a little low on the protein ratio spectrum so I do mark down a little for that. I'm not so concerned with the added calories and macros associated with this product, but I do see where that could be a point of contention for some. Overall this product provides a blend of good protein sources, and a healthy dose of fiber so it still manages a respectable score as far as effectiveness goes.

Value (6/10)

As of right now, it looks like the only place to cop this is UXO's own website at $44.99 for 30 servings, or about $1.50 per serving. The price tag is a little high for something that isn't particularly special, so while I did like this product it's availability and price make it something I wouldn't want to go out and purchase as there are equal or greater products at more competitive prices. There is a 20% sale on the website currently, and it looks like you also get a free tub of creatine along with it, so at this sale price and deal I will say that is the exception.

Conclusion and Verdict

UXO's 7 Blend is a diverse protein blend using good protein sources. Although a little low in protein ratio and high in calorie and carbs I still liked it. It's mixes well and tastes good, but the price tag and limited availability ultimately make this a product that I would simply give the "meh" rating to with the caveat that it is not a bad product.
  • Frozen Cappuccino: 8/10

Reload Electrolyte Drink Mix (Micronamin)

Overall
Thanks to Micronamin for sending it out!
  October 20, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Well Priced
  • Convenient
  • Hydration Recovery
  • General Health Support
  • Hydration Support
  • Poor Packet Design
  • Horrible Taste

I'm a big believer in BCAA supplementation and appreciate those products that include hydration-focused ingredients. But when I saw a straight up, electrolyte-only supplement, I knew I had to give it a try. I don't use Gatorade or Propel or any of the commercial sports drinks and usually rely solely on my intra-workout and regular water to keep me hydrated.

Micronamin's Reload is solid profile of core electrolytes and minerals i.e. potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium. Most ingredients are well dosed - you're not getting the full daily recommended value, but that's not exactly what you want in a hydration supplement. Your regular diet, multi-vitamin, and other supplements are likely also containing some dosage of these vitamins and minerals, and you certainly don't want to overdo it with supplements like sodium or calcium.

Reload supports the body in maintaining a proper fluid balance and supporting general health, and does so without any of the sugars or carbs one generally finds in a sports drink. Overall I thought the profile was solid. A good mix of key ingredients that one would expect to find in this type of product.

I also received the Lemon Lime flavor and, to be honest, I hated it. The taste is very strong and tart, even in 32 oz. of water. But what bothered me most was the aftertaste. Every sip gave me this acidic, medicinal aftertaste that would stick in the back of my throat, often times for hours after I had already finished a dose of Reload.

Mixability was decent. There was always some residue in the bottom of my bottle no matter how much I shook it up, meaning that last sip was usually gritty and powerful tasting.

I did appreciate the convenience factor of this supplement. The individual packets were nice to have and I always had a few of them on me for if I wanted a dose at work, on the weekends, etc. The packets themselves need a better design - they're difficult to open without the use of scissors.

I used this supplement for a variety of purposes. I tried it for intra-workout and post-workout hydration support. I'd dose it on off-days or in the AM. I'd toss a packet in a bottle and sip it while doing yard work. But my favorite use? After a good night of drinking. Had a few days where I woke up feeling less than 100% due to the night before and absolutely felt significantly better once I'd drunk down a dose of Reload. Honestly this was, in my case, the most prominent example of the effectiveness of this supplement. It was clear to me this delivers on its claims of providing recovery and all-day hydration.

One other note; this is a nice supplement to sip intra-workout. It provides a good mid-workout boost and keeps your endurance up. Reload is not providing the same level of DOMS recovery as a proper BCAA product, but I thought it was a good option for cardio days. Again, my only gripe was the damn taste. Ugh.

A box of 50 packets can be had on Amazon for $32 / 0.64c per packet. I personally think this is well priced. Most solid BCAA products with an electrolyte profile will cost you between .80c-$1.00 per scoop. Of course a .64c packet of Reload is a hell of a lot cheaper than a bottle of Gatorade, not to mention much healthier. I don't mind paying a few cents extra per packet for the convenience factor either.

Side Effects

Awful acidic aftertaste.

Conclusion

All in all this is a good product with a variety of uses. I'm looking at picking up another box in either Orange or Pink Lemonade though, as the Lemon Lime receives very low marks from me. But otherwise I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone interested in general hydration support. Great option for those trying to get off of sports drinks but need their water to be flavored. Even my MOM liked this product. She's a big user of electrolyte supplements (she lives in Florida and does a ton of gardening) so I gave her a few packets to try. She enjoyed it more so than I did. Good stuff.
  • Lemon Lime: 2/10