SR Leaderboard (Monday, September 25, 2017)

Top Rated   Best and Worst   Top 100 Users   Exemplary Reviews   Monthly Awards   Rookie of the year   Member of the Month

Exemplary Reviews

These reviews were rated the "most helpful" out of all reviews in the last 30 days.

Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
  September 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Pump
  • Increased Focus
  • Tons Of Sweat
  • Lite Crash
  • Some Insomina If Taken Late

What's up SR family! I would like to thank Olympus Labs and the Trooper for allowing me to run RE1GN. I am always on the market for a kick butt type of pre workout that will help me push to another level. I saw some information on line regarding how strong and effective RE1GN is. Well, when I saw this come up for the Troopers, I decided to see what all the fuss was about. Did RE1GN get me closer to MT. Olympus? Let us find out

When looking at the profile of RE1GN, it is very intriguing, it is made of some goodies we all know and some I have not seen before; this is a very exotic type of pre-workout. Here is couple I would like to point out:

Vaso6 - There is 300 mg and this is the 1st time I have seen this type of NO ingredient, with additional properties. This is derived from grape seed and green tea. In addition, Vaso6 has shown to increase blood flow and increase protein synthesis.

Intense Energy Matrix - This is a blend of ingredients (678mg) where the energy magic comes from and where some had some of those sides that were mentioned in the last review. This includes Caffeine Anhydrous at 300mg, Eria Jarenins Extract, Julgans Regia Extra (DMHA), and STIM-X (an alkaloid similar to Yohimbine).

STIM-X may have been the item that could have had more that it was suggest. In addition, anyone who has a reaction to Yohimbine at high doses will have some nasty reactions.

Taste - Are 51 is the one that I ran, it was not bad, no medicine after taste.

Mix - This mixed well, no foaming, or residue at the bottom of the shaker cup for me.

Dosing - This is where people can get in trouble if one has never ran a high stim and exotic product. The full dose is 2 scoops, I highly, let me say, highly recommend you start with 1 scoop which is half a serving; that is what I did. During my run, I only used 2 scoops when doing a heavy compound movement. In addition, I ran this in the morning and weekend; I needed to make sure I could fall asleep.

Man, I have to say, I am s stim junkie and I have a high tolerance to stim, but RE1GN hit me hard. I started with one scoop about 15 mins before hitting the gym. When I got the gym, it still did not hit me; I was not feeling a rush of energy. However, when I got on the treadmill to warm up, it was like a warm fuzzy feeling that came over me and then the energy rushed in. Whenever I try a new pre-workout, I like to do a light to middle of the road workout, just make sure the energy is good and there are no odd sides like irregular heartbeats. I was impressed that I was able to complete my workout.

Now, at 2 scoops, be ready to go nuts, just like that movie Max Payne, where they drank this blue liquid and made them super strong. On days I took 2 scoops, my energy levels where high as a kite, I felt invisible, and worked out until my arms and body gave out. The pumps from RE1GN were good to the point that I never had to stack a pump product. In addition, I had a heighten focus effect that was great, at one point I did not realize how long I was at the gym. Furthermore, my endurance was increased, when I finished my routine, I would hit the treadmill for about 15 to 20 mins; I found myself there for almost an hour, sweating like a mad man!

A the moment RE1GN is priced around $40.00; Olympus Labs normally run some killer specials, so look out for them. Yeah, you get 20 servings; however, if you work out at least 4 times a week, RE1GN should last you a full month, so the value is not bad compare to other product on the market.

Side Effects

Well, if anyone is stim sensitive, you need to thread lite on this; too much of RE1GN can cause you to get anxious or feel nauseas. I did feel a like bit of a small crash when coming down, but nothing too crazy. In addition, on days where I did use 2 scoops, that night I would have a hard time falling asleep.

Conclusion

RE1GN is on my top 5 pre-workouts that I keep on hand when I hit the gym; depending what I will be doing that day. RE1GN is better suited for the novice and experienced person; anyone new to the pre-workout world, I recommend one scoop to start, and then take it from there. RE1GN is one of those, I need to try type of products, and I recommend you give it a shot; it might shoot back! I would like to thank Olympus Labs again for the opportunity.

September 6, 2017

• Cool Flavors
  • Well Dosed
  • Good Pumps
  • Slightly Expensive

Not gonna lie, I am kind of a sucker for cool looking products. I picked up Ghost Legend a while back at the LA Fitness Expo. With all of the cool fitness celebrities that are on board with Ghost, and Ryan Hughes(who I am a fan of) being a co-founder, of course I had to pick this up on sale.

I bought Legend along with their amino product(which has a review up), and I finally put aside some time to review this. Ghost has been coming out with some solid products lately.

I'd like to note before I start this review, I must applaud Ghost for their flavors. Their whey has some interesting flavors such as Cereal Milk and Blueberry Toaster Pastry. Pretty creative right there. Also, Legend also comes in Warheads sour black cherry. You know, that precious candy wrapped in black that kids would trade in grade school. I'll get around to trying that some day. I'm sure there are more creative flavors to come.

To start, there are no prop. blends. This is great, although kind of expected these days. I must note, all flavors seem to have different caffeine amounts in them. I had the watermelon flavor, and that has 165mg per scoop. It is more of a 1.5-2scoop product, but still usable at one scoop.

With one scoop, you get 4 grams of citrulline, 2 grams of beta-alanine, 500mg of agmatine, 1 gram of taurine, some alpha GPC, theobromine, some time-released caffeine, olive leaf, and even some alpha-yohimbine. All of these are in effective doses, at both 1-2 scoops.

I like how Ghost used L-Citrulline instead of Citrulline-Malate. I tend to get better results from the Citrulline on its own. 2 grams of beta-alanine is solid, I know most will hate on a product if it's not at 3.2 grams. At 2 scoops, you get a whopping 4 grams of BA, which is more than enough.

Check out the profile for yourself, it's not bad at all.

This is where the product gets interesting. Ghost is the first company to ever sign with a candy company and actually be able to flavor a product with them. Warheads! I had the watermelon warheads flavored Ghost. I usually HATE watermelon flavored pre-workouts. They all try to taste like a watermelon jolly rancher, which gets old. Legend watermelon, was different however. It was obviously more like a warheads watermelon, without the extreme sourness of course. Much smoother and nowhere near as overpowering as... let's say C4 watermelon.

It mixes fine, no clumps ever.

As for dosing, most would probably be fine at one scoop, but for those who need a lot of caffeine, 1.5 scoops should be enough. Although 2 is probably what most people are going to take. Nothing wrong with that, it is just that is does kind of bring the value down, which I will get to.

Well, just looking at the profile, you know this product is going to work quite well. I'll base this off of the 1.5 scoops I took.

Energy:(9/10)
Energy was great. I typically workout late at night after a long day at work. I always got a solid boost of energy that made me feel better than my first dose of caffeine every morning. It was not a cracked out feeling either, just clean energy. I also noticed great consistency with Legend. Some pre-workouts tend to be hit or miss as to whether you get the same energy out of them from workout to workout. Legend always delivered the same energy.

Pump:(8/10)
Pumps were noticeable for sure. Veins, 3D look, etc. By no means were they not there, they were just not as pronounced as if I had taken something like NO3 Chrome, or Noxygen for instance. You won't miss those other products at all though. If you can't get a good pump with 4-8 grams of L-Citrulline... give it up.

Focus:(8.5/10)
With the alpha GPC, I noticed a pretty solid increase in focus. While it was nothing like MAN Gameday, or as if I had taken 200mg of DMHA, I still had great mind-muscle connection and had little on my mind except the workout I was doing.

This is where the product takes a hit. I personally got it at $20 on special at the LA Fit Expo, which was a great deal. That was an expo deal though. They do run specials from time to time, but for the most part, you're looking at about $40-$45 for a tub, and are pretty much limited to buying it at GNC or on their website.

The price really isn't awful. You are getting plethora of proven ingredients, that are all well-dosed. I personally would dish out the money for it, but I could totally see some others not be willing to pay that much, which is fine.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Ghost is a pretty cool company. They have the YouTube celebs with them(Guzman and Chewning), and it is a "lifestyle" brand. I like it. They even got me to wear their hats and sweatshirts like a damn conformist!

Legend is a solid pre-workout that I encourage almost everybody to try once. Try to get it on special if you can of course. The flavors are interesting, the effectiveness is on par with many companies out there, and there really isn't much I could complain about. Good ingredients, cool marketing, great flavors... not much more I could ask for, besides a slightly cheaper price I guess.

Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  September 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Recovery
  • Deep Sleep
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Vivid Dreams
  • Reductions Of DOMS
  • Little Pricey
  • Some Hangover
  • Could Be Habbit Forming
What's up SR, I would like to say thank you for Alpha Lion and the Trooper program for allowing me to run Alpha Dreams. As we know, sleep helps with recovery and the release of GH; however, we sometimes do not get enough rest. Therefore, we sometimes have to incorporate supplements to help us get those ZZZZZZ. When Alpha Dreams came up for reviewing, I thought I would give it a try, since I am dealing with working to professions and trying to work out, I need the sleep.

Right off the back, Alpha Dreams profile is fully disclosed, all the goodies you get are listed. They are broken down in to sections:

Amino Growth Matrix - You get a nice hit of Recover Aminos L-Leucine (2500 mg), Lysine HCI (2000mg), and L-Glutamine (2000mg)

Brains Gains Matrix - There is L-Tyrosine (500 mg) this helps reduce stress. GABA (350mg) helps relieve anxiety and improves sleep. 5-HTP (200mg) this converts to serotonin, which can make use happy and helps reduce high levels of inflammation. L-Dopa (175mg) is a nootropic that helps combat depression and anxiety; helps you relax into la la land.

ZMA Recovery Matrix - There is TRAACS (400mg) this type of Magnesium helps you relax and protect your cardiovascular system. Zinc Methionine (150mg), and Pyridoxine HCI (14.5mg) this is a form of Vitamin B6, which helps reduce certain nerve disorders and helps you relax.

Anti-Stress Matrix - There is Ashwaganda (150mg), Ascorbic Acid (100mg), and L-Theanine (100mg), which help you relax and take it easy.

Electro Fuel Matrix - There is Sodium (200mg) and Potassium (40mg)

Tranquility Matrix - There is Chamomile Flower (75mg) and Melatonin (4mg), these help you feel like you are floating and sleepy.

Taste - This was not bad or too sweet, as I always say, I do not care what it taste like as long as it works.

Mix - This mixed very well, with minimum amount of water, no clumps.

Dose - Take 1 scoop about 20 mins before hitting the sack, I would not recommend taking anything over 1, unless you want to be Rip Van Winkle. I took this every other day, to avoid any dependency.

I have taken sleep supplements in the past, but on Alpha Dreams, I would pass put within 10 to 15 mins of taking it. As I have mentioned in the past, everyone has a different effect on supplements; however, this is what I experienced when taking Alpha Dreams. After about 10 mins, I had a feeling of my body trying to withdraw its self-back, as if I was being pulled; kind of freaky. If you try to fight it, then you start to feel a bit anxious; so let it do its job. I can see how people who want to feel drugged up by taking cough medicine, if you fight the sleep, you will feel high for an hour or two.

When I would sleep, on many occasions when I would wake up, I would not remember when I fell asleep or if I dreamed. However, when I did dream, man, they were nuts and vivid; from adventure dreams to crazy far out dreams, I guess I have a crazy imagination and Alpha Dreams pulls them out.

As for getting up, I liked the fact that there was only 4 mg of Melatonin, anything over that for me makes me feel all hung over; I will explain more in the sides section. In addition, I felt less sore from any evening workouts I did; DOMS were reduced a bit and I felt refreshed. Furthermore, for some reason, I did not developed a need for this, no habits were formed and my body returned to normal sleep patterns within 2 days of my last serving.

Alpha Dreams is priced at $60.00, yes, it is a bit pricey, and I was only able to find it on the company's website. You get 30 servings, which equates to $2.00 a night for sleep, not bad if you are able to dream about one's deepest desires. In addition, if you do not take it every night and do it 3 to 4 times a week, it could last 45 days, which makes the value much easier to eat.

Side Effects

I did have some sides, especially in the morning when I would wake up. If I woke up too early, I felt drunk, as if I still had Alpha Dreams in my system. In order to get rid of the feeling, I had to drink a ton of water to flush it out. On some occasions, if I would take it back-to-back nights, on the second time around, the mornings, still felt a little hangover, but not as bad. One big warning, do not drink any wine or alcohol if you are planning to take Alpha dreams, I made the mistake of having a glass of wine with my dinner and man, my wife had to slap me to wake up, the alarm did not do any justice.

Conclusion

At the end day (or night) the Alpha Dreams performed to my expectation, this was the 1st sleep product I have used, which included BCAA and other recovery supplements; this is a big selling point for Alpha Lion. If you have a little cash to burn and are looking for a knock out product, then I recommend you try Alpha Dreams. I would like to thank Alpha Lion for the opportunity.

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  September 9, 2017

• Poor Mixability
  • Needs Better Value Or Servings

Intro Supp Facts

Intro Supp Facts

Dymatize has come out with some very weak Preworkouts in the past, but they were trying for a unique approach rather than a cookie cutter appeal.. And they have done the same thing here, making a unique product formulation! A few things I like about it: actual clinical and efficient dosages, 8g CM rather than just 6g, Patented ingredients BA Betaine Nitrosigine Theacrine, NALT which is my favorite form of tyrosine, and to top it off you get 250mg of Vitamin C which is essential for the pump aspect. A couple things I would like changed personally is the Taurine, which is great for cheap and free energy it actually competes for the same receptors as Beta Alanine. Everything makes up 20g, but you would think that it has clumps in the formula.. Someone needs to work on anti clumping ingredients!

Taste Mix Dose

Cotton Candy, you will either love it or hate it.. SWEET!! And the flavor seemed dependent on how often you shake it between sipping, sediment is a constant here. If you manage to break the clumps before the water hits it, it seemed to help as it was a scoop shaped clump mostly. Dosing I really on hit 1 serving, even if you wanted more focus/energy the Beta Alanine would make you want to scratch your head off.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

I continue to run my normal routine of working out 3-4 days a week based upon my work schedule, and only take stimulants via my Pre-Workout so I have a mild if any tolerance build up yet it wasn't notice while taking PWO. Have you had tingling issues with Beta Alanine, well that is something I felt a lot when using this preworkout! Head scratch city!! When it came to endurance the BA did its part, boy it felt good! Strength was good with the Betaine, which wasn't noticeable of an increase nor decrease. There were plenty of pumps with 8g of Citrulline Malate, which if any of you have had more than 6g you know 8g trumps it if you can stomach it as I had no issues. Couple that with the Nitrosigine and Vitamin C then it became even stronger of pumps, which were very potent for me use. The focus from the Theanine + Caffeine did provide a good amount of focus, very nice indeed with great energy as well with little to no crash yet wasn't the big slap in the face that I enjoy at times.

Value 7/10

As noted by others you can find this for $40 at 20 servings, costing you $2 per serving. This is more expensive than I would like, and certainly being that there are more comparable products out there for much less. I see the patented ingredients do cost more, but if the cost was closer to $1.50 a serving I would be a happier camper. Hopefully we will see the servings come up or the price come down in the future, along with other issues like CLUMP.

Conclusion 7.2/10

Overall I am glad I had a chance to review this product, as I was excited once I saw this come up on the troops after seeing it on Stack3d. The product does perform well, and has a good formula to back it up. I would ultimately recommend this to people if the issues were fixed (cost and clumping), but otherwise I would suggest waiting for their next batch. Unfortunately the cost is much higher than I would like in my stack, and also the clump is just out of control really. Sorry for the delay in my review, thank you Dymatize for the chance to review this product along with the shirt/shaker cup package as that was also appreciated.
  • Cotton Candy: 7/10

Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
  September 17, 2017

• Improved Recovery
  • Mixes Well
  • Underdosed Glutamine
Thanks to the peeps out at UXO Supplements for providing this and several other products to the TROOPs. You've seen it and read it a million times on this site (and I'm probably responsible for a least a quarter million of those references) that BCAAs are a vital and cornerstone supplement to use. With a seemingly Library of Congress sized amount of documented research on these three essential amino acids, there is no denying the benefit of utilizing these in your supplement/nutritional regimen. With that, here's the breakdown on BCAA Blast:

Dosage

1 to 2 scoops taken peri-workout...

Dosage

1 to 2 scoops taken peri-workout. I mostly took 2 scoops since UXO accidently sent me 2 containers of this but told me to keep them both to review, and I usually like to double up on my BCAAs.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

No reinventing of the wheel here, this is a BCAA formula in the traditional 2:1:1 ratio providing 6 total grams of BCAA which is slightly above the "standard" 5 grams. Added into the mix is 1.5 grams of Glutamine, which is an underdose in my opinion since I'd rather like to see the dosage more at 5 grams for any real benefit. With this product you also get a electrolyte complex with Potassium and Sodium, as well as a 2.5 mg dose of B6. Apart from the underdose on Glutamine, BCAA Blast has a good profile and even some added goodies that you would want in a BCAA product.

Mixture (9/10)

No problems at all in this area. I would usually mix two scoops in 1 liter of water and I had zero issues with mixture or undissolved powder. A few solid shakes and I was set.

Taste (6/10)

Here's a situation where I should have read the fine print I suppose. I was sent grape flavor, which I absolutely despise. So while it was nearly impossible to keep an open mind, I will say it tasted no better or no worse than any other grape flavor I have ever encountered. Those of you who have dysfunctional taste buds and actually enjoy a grape flavoring should enjoy this and have no problems with it. I would give it a zero for taste just based off of it being grape, however since I must remain "fair and objective" I will rate it at a 6 and call it even.

Effectiveness (9/10)

BCAA are what I like to call a "behind the scenes" supplement. You won't get that gratification of a pump, euphoric feeling of focus or body tingles. You will however get essential building blocks for recovery and muscle growth. As with most adequately dosed BCAA products I felt a decrease in soreness following my workouts. The electrolytes and B6 are a nice addition to have while you're sipping on this during your workouts, to keep you feeling hydrated and to keep you going with a little kick. BCAA products are like pizza, it's hard to screw them up and even if you dothey're still alright.

Value (7/10)

As of writing this it looks like the only spot to grab this from right now is UXO's own website for $29.99 for a 33 serving tub, which comes out to 91 cents per serving. This price per serving is a little on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to BCAA products. You do get a little bit of an added value with the glutamine, electrolytes, and B6 since this isn't your "basic" BCAA formula. Hopefully if this becomes more widely available the price can level out a little bit.

Conclusion and Verdict

BCAA Blast is a complete BCAA product providing a healthy dose of BCAAs in the appropriate ratio, and even throws in a few extra along with it. While the Glutamine is underdosed in my opinion, everything else is solid about this product from the mixing, taste (if you're into grapebleh), and effectiveness. Though a little bit on the pricier side, it is an effective product. This gets the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Grape Explosion : 6/10