Energy Supplements > Nootropics

Brainfinity is a Nootropic manufactured by Brainfinity. It is natural supplement that supports increased mental focus and concentration.

Brainfinity has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Energy Supplements > Nootropics

6.7
  February 27, 2016

• Has Caffeine
  • Good Focus When It Delivered
  • Too Inconsistent

Thank you SR TROOP and Execure for sending a bottle of this to test and review. I'm a big fan of Nootropic supplements, when they work of course, primarily to use during my work day and sometimes in conjunction with stim free preworkouts for an extra edge. With such an impressive profile IMO, I had pretty high expectations for this product. However, it was a little too inconsistent for me.

Attached a picture of the label.

Loved how they included multiple sources of stimulants -- from the time released caffeine, to green tea extract, synephrine, etc. I'm also a huge fan of Vinpocetine for cognitive enhancement, I've experienced pretty great results from supplementing with it alone. Now with the combination of cognitive enhancing ingredients paired with the variety of stimulants Brainfinity has to offer, I was expecting really great results. However, as the title states, it ended up being too inconsistent for me. I'll elaborate more below.

1-2 pills a day depending on the user. I typically utilized 2 pills, experimenting with different timing and dosing protocols. Usually 1 pill, split every 4-6 hours depending on the day's activities.

I'll break this up in a few different sections

1.) 1 pill serving - first few times I used this, it worked pretty well. Nice clean and sustained energy, slight cognitive enhancement, but it seemed that I built a tolerance to it pretty quickly as the effects seemed to dissipate much quicker the more I used it.

2.) 2 pill serving - split 4-6 hours - I started utilizing this after my tolerance started to build up. Again, the second serving would deliver quite well, but then the effects would diminish pretty quickly. Some days it would hit pretty strong after the second pill, and then other times, it just didn't deliver. When it did deliver, I felt like I was tuned in with everything. Work responsibilities became easier and felt more motivated to do them, as well as paying attention to details much better.

3.) 1 pill w/ a stimulant free preworkout - This is where Brainfinity shined for me. I used this with a few servings of DNO preworkout and I experienced some of the best workouts ever with this combination. Tunnel vision and energy was on par with some of the best preworkouts out there that I've tried. Unfortunately, I don't know which product shined more here, or if the synergy of the ingredients in both products just worked extremely well for me. Definitely a noticeable difference than taking DNO and Brainfinity as a standalone.

Bonus - Now one of the first few times I tried this product was when I was making 6 hour trip back home to NY. I usually start to get drowsy after 4ish hours (yeah, idk why, it just happens -- I could never be a truck driver lol), but I was hoping Brainfinity would help overcome this issue. I took a pill 3 hours into the drive, waited 45 mins - 1 hour for it to kick in, and felt nothing. So I took another pill, and then again, nothing. Idk if it was because I wasn't physically active, but I was surely let down.

You can purchase a 30 pill bottle of Brainfinity for under $17. Can't really beat that...especially if you respond very well to this product.

Side Effects

No issues.

Conclusion

I mean, after reading the reviews on here and other websites, it seems to be a hit or miss product with people. Which also seems to be a similar trend with Nootropic products -- just need to find the best ingredients that work well for your specific body. Although it was too inconsistent for me specifically, for the price and profile, I would still recommend others to give it a shot as we all know supplements affect people differently. Again, thank you for sending me a bottle to try -- it just didn't hit the mark for me.

6.8
  February 15, 2016

• Confidence Boost
  • Convenient
  • Caps Covered In Bad Tasting Powder
  • Focus Was Least Effective Claim

Execucore is a fairly new supplement company that only seems to offer a nootropic Brainfinity at this point in time. This was my second nootropic after recently completing CEL Nutrition's Nervacore with average results. The bottle itself is really tiny and does not take up much space, which I think is pretty convenient. The front design is really cool in my opinion and it is very "clean". On the other hand, since the bottle is so small, the print is very small as well and people who have trouble reading small print would probably find this to be a nuisance. Anyway, thanks to Execucore and SR for the possibility to try this one out.

Everything is fully disclosed which is what we all like to see. I really like the inclusion of the microencapsulated caffeine, which is an extended release of caffeine. There is also 50 mg of immediate released caffeine from green tea. 50 mg of caffeine is probably the equivalent of a half cup's worth of caffeine in coffee (your average sized cup of coffee, not a large from DD), so this is not a lot at all for anyone who is stimulant tolerant. Between the immediate release and the extended release, there is 250 mg total of caffeine in here. The other ingredients have been broken down on this supplement from other reviewers in the past, so I do not have much more to say on them other than they are all supposed to help in someway with memory, focus, mental health, etc.

Taste/Dosing

Taste: They are in a clear vegetable cellulose capsule, but I found them to have a slightly bitter taste to them. Since I took this product in the mornings, I would take it with milk to hide the taste of the capsule.

Dosing: Suggested use is one capsule in the morning and do not take within eight hours of bedtime. I took mine with breakfast to attempt to enhance the absorption of the supplement. I took Sundays off because I am normally super lazy and do not do much besides laundry and cooking.

Energy: I felt that the energy was pretty good overall throughout the entire bottle of this. I liked this aspect the best of Brainfinity. I felt the microencapsulated caffeine more so than the immediate release caffeine though. Throughout the first week or two, the immediate caffeine was more felt than towards the final weeks of this product. The last two or three weeks, the immediate released caffeine was hardly felt. As I already mentioned though, 50 mg is not a lot of caffeine and building a tolerance to this quickly is almost expected. The 200 mg of extended release caffeine could definitely be felt in my opinion. I would take this at 0630 and would feel a clean energy up to about four to five hours later. I normally eat lunch around 1100 so I felt that was perfect for me.

Elevated Mood/Confidence: Since I am currently a substitute teacher in a HS, you obviously have to talk in front of classes throughout the day and interact with students who you may not know too well. I know that I am not the best public speaker, but I know plenty of others who are way worse than me. While taking this I was able to have better confidence to talk in front of the class and converse with the students. I also believe that my patience was a bit better with them.

Focus: This is a nootropic right? I did not really notice the focus aspect too well. I mean it was not totally worthless here, but I would say my focus was only increased slightly. As I wrote in my NervaCore review, I do not have a job that really requires me to need a lot of focus in order for me to do my tasks at hand, but even when I took this on Saturdays before my morning work-out a few times, I did not notice too much more focus in the weight room. Since I believe the biggest claim from this supplement should be the focus claim, I will weigh this one the most for effectiveness.

At the time of writing this, their site seems to be down or something, so I am 100% not sure of these following prices. I received a note on my TROOP dashboard from someone at Execucore saying that this product can be purchased at 16.95. I also remember seeing a 14-serving bottle available for trial free of charge which I think is a generous way to sample it. It appears that shipping in the US is also free and reading one of Execucore's comments on a past review, he states that there is a full refund if you are not happy with your purchase. I do not think you could really go wrong here either way. If you end up liking the product, I think the value is great for a month's worth. If you realize the product was not for you, you can get your money back.

Side Effects

Did not notice any.

Conclusion

Ultimately, I would recommend this supplement to anyone else. I feel that for the price it is currently offered at, you cannot really go wrong. However, if you know that you are a stimulant tolerant individual already, I do not think you would feel the full effects of this product just because there is only a moderate amount of caffeine in here.

February 4, 2016

• Fantastic Focus
  • Great Mood Boost
  • Caps Covered In Bad Tasting Powder

Thank you to supplementreviews.com and Execucore for participating in the TROOPER program so that I had a chance to try this product free of charge in exchange for an honest review. From what I could find, Execucore is a relatively new one man operation and Brainfinity is the only product they offer at this time. I even got a hand signed letter thanking me for trying the products from the Owner/President. I appreciated this very professional touch. I get a little nervous sometimes with new companies because there is a lot of risk for abuse there, but everything checked out in this case. After taking the product my experience with supplements tells me that the quality of the ingredients and accuracy of the label was likely spot on. They do have an affiliate program for marketing Brainfinity and I'm not a big fan of this type of marketing. It's not inherently bad, but it usually ends up being a bunch of keyboard warriors who don't know the first thing about supplements slinging wild claims to sell the product and make commissions. When this type of marketing happens I think it hurts the products image in the long run. I searched a little bit to see if I could find any affiliate sites selling it but I didn't see anything. Maybe Brainfinity is too new still. Here's a couple articles about affiliate marketing if you're not familiar with how it works.

Okay, now the first thing I need to do is whine about having to write this review without the help of Brainfinity :( . However, I'll do my best anyways. This is the first time I have used a stand alone Nootropic product. I have used many preworkouts that have many of these similar ingredients, but that's still a little different than something meant to be used during the day.

The reason I really wanted to try this product is that I start work at 10 but my focus and energy at work usually start to waiver around 3pm. I'm pretty much shot by 5; to the point where I can't really do much of anything that involves much thought or I make too many mistakes. In addition, 2-3 days a week I work until 9pm. I want to be more productive during those afternoon hours and later in the evening when normally I'm too fried to do anything other than read reviews on supplementreviews.com! Normally, I do some type of stimulant product around 2 or 3 pm to keep me going, but I'm not a stim junkie. I'm very calculated about when and how I use stimulants so that I get the maximum benefit, don't build up too much tolerance, and so they stay effective. I can handle a good amount of stims at once but I don't over use them. I usually do 1 cup of coffee in the morning and then either a pre workout (if working out) or energy drink (if not hitting the gym) later in the day depending on my schedule. So I only get caffeine twice a day. Daily intake of caffeine is normally 300mg - 500mg.

Normally I get pretty deep into the ingredients here, but other's have broken this down really well already. I love that everything is disclosed. Thank you for that! Initially I thought some things looked a little under dosed, but for a product like this, as long as it performs, I think that's fine. It is possible for a product to be more than the sum of it's parts and for me this was the case here. Most of the ingredients in here are either designed to enhance energy or to increase blood flow to the brain to improve cognition. I do particularly like the time release caffeine. I've had that in other products and it really works well for sustained energy with no crash for me. I was familiar with all the ingredients in here except for Phenethylamine HCL. This ingredient is for boosting mood and making you feel good. I'll talk more about that soon.

Taste/Dosing

The bottle recommends 1 cap in the AM. I didn't follow the directions. My bad, that's on me. Let me explain. I know my body very well. I was already having a coffee around 7 when I got up so I didn't want more stims at that time. In addition, I sleep really well and have no problem getting up in the morning, being alert, and ready to take on the day right away. My brain functions just fine for the 6 hours or so without anything else. As I mentioned earlier, afternoon is when things start to go downhill. So I chose to take 1 cap of Brainfinity with lunch instead to hopefully maximize the benefit of the product when I needed it most. 1 pill a day is easy to do and they are capsules so they go down easy enough.

They shouldn't have any taste but they seemed to be coated in some powder, which I assume was some of the ingredients that didn't make it into the capsule. I looked for open caps but didn't find any so I assume the powder must have come from when the pills were manufactured. Consequently, they caps were very bitter when I took them. Not that big of a deal, but still, it shouldn't be like that.

Meat and potatoes time here folks! Did the product work for me and live up to it's claims? First, I want to share what the claims are.
I have cherry picked these from various places on the website, including the main page and the FAQ. Lots of claims in there to sort through. Let's run it down from the top.

1. Mental focus and concentration and clarity
I definitely noticed the focus, concentration, and clarity of thoughts. I found I could focus and concentrate on tasks much better than normal. It was similar to when I used to take Adderol, though no where near that intense. This was really similar to the focus I get when I hit the weights with a good pre workout. I had tunnel vision, if you will, on whatever was in front of me pretty consistently. Consequently, at work I could get things done faster and more efficiently which was FANTASTIC. I did take this a few times before a workout and surprisingly I didn't seem to get as much focus on my workout as I did at work. Obviously this product isn't meant to be a preworkout though.

2. Strengthening memory and improving ability to learn
I would say this definitely helped my short term memory. At work I'm always juggling multiple tasks and I was better able to switch from one thing to another and pick up right where I left off. As for long term memory I don't one month is enough to tell a difference. I don't spend a lot of time "learning" things but I can definitely see that being more focused would help me learn something if I was trying to.

3. Improved confidence with speaking and communication with others
I don't consider myself lacking confidence when speaking to people and I'm a pretty clear communicator, so I didn't notice any improvement there, but this category isn't entirely applicable to my daily routine.

4. Heightened senses of awareness and creativity
Creativity no, but clarity yes! Let me tell you a story. One day I had to make a two hour drive to go skiing with some buddies. I left at 6:45am, skiied all day, went out to dinner, and left for home around 7pm. I saved my Brainfinity dose for the ride home because I knew I would be beat after that day and wanted to get home safe. So I took it right before dinner and I had the best drive I've ever taken. I was focused and aware, and full of energy and had no trouble staying awake. I had the radio on and I remember very clearly turning it up loud and just hearing parts of songs I've never heard before. I could pick out one instrument easily and follow it's part through the whole song. The only other time I have heard music sound kind of like this is when I used to get high back in the day. Pretty amazing and a really great ride home. Of course then I got home and couldn't go to sleep until like 3am because I took the darn stuff so late.

5. Improved mood and feelings of calm with reduced anxiety
This made me feel really good most of the time. I got mildly euphoric and just positive and warm. It was great. I do have quite a bit of anxiety and I do think this helped a bit. The mood boost just made life seem a little more manageable.

6. Incredible Energy
The energy was really solid and smooth for me as long as I took it for food. I took it around noon mostly and it lasted ALL damn day. No afternoon or evening tiredness at all and I had no trouble sleeping as long as I took it then. It was just right for me and I loved it.

7. Promotes flow of information between left and right hemispheres of brain
I have no clue even how I would evaluate this claim.

8. Works to improve damage from free radicals
There's really no way to quantify this.

I believe that the price recently got dropped on this and at this point it's a fantastic deal. It's currently listed at $16.75 for 30 servings. You can buy multiple bottles for a bigger discount. I think it's only available directly from Execucore at this point and time. They have free shipping for all orders to the continental US. I think the free shipping takes it from a great value to a fantastic value. It's nice to see a supplement priced reasonably!

Side Effects

A couple times I took this on a completely empty stomach. When I did this it was just too much energy. My mind was racing a bit and I got a little jitters. Nothing too horrible, but enough to be uncomfortable. This was easily solved by taking it with some food.

Conclusion

As always I like to give some feedback on way I think the product could be improved. One thing I think could be better was the directed usage. On the bottle it says to take 1 cap in the morning, but on the website FAQ it says to take it in the morning with food. There should be consistency in the suggested use guidelines. Also, on the website, it says it contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. I'm not sure what kind of coffee you people drink but that's just plain wrong. Most estimate a cup of coffee to have 80mg - 100mg of caffeine. Brainfinity has 250mg plus the other ingredients that provide a stimulant effect. So if you're a stimulant sensitive person the website would lead you to believe Brainfinity would be fine for you but in my experience someone with a lot of stim sensitivity would probably not enjoy Brainfinity because it would be too much for them.

So overall, this product was spectacular for me and exceeded my expectations. The energy, mood boost, and focus were the best parts. I was able to be super productive at work and power through long days like a champ. It's a great energy formula for moderate stim users like myself. I don't think stim sensitive people or stim junkies would find it as beneficial. For me, it was in the Goldilocks zone. I will be buying some of this again after I take some time off.

THANK YOU FOR READING!

Overall
Overall
4.5
  January 30, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Has Caffeine
  • It Did Not Do Anything For Me
  • Did Not Improve Mental Clarity

I appreciate Execucore giving me a bottle of 'Brainfinity' to try through the Troopers program. I am a long-term sports supplement user, but tend to stick to the proteins, pre-workouts, recovery, pump products, etc. The nootropic categoy is one that I am newer to; nootropics by the way, are any chemical/substance that are supposed to improve cognitive function, alertness, memory, etc. That being said, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this particular bottle, but was hoping to find some of the claims to be true:
-Intense Focus
-Incredible Energy
-Elevated Mood
-Feel the effects within 1 hour

I certainly can see the benefits of having mental acuity during your daily activities, leading into your training. And anything to put or keep you in a better mood should also results in more positive gains in the gym. That being said I am also a currently average-stressed adult. I work a full-time job that requires fast, accurate mental recall, and a lot of multi-tasking in order to be performed at my peak for the company. I also tend to overload myself with more than the average female trains in the gym. I would definitely see the benefits of this (if it worked).

This bottle is catchy and small, nice that it doesn't take a ton of room on a counter or in a medicine cabinet, making it convenient to store.

The entire ingredient profile has exact amounts in milligrams, per capsule. I really appreciate this feature. It was also helpful to know that one capsule (the suggested serving size) has the same amount of caffeine as about one cup of coffee. I liked to know I could take this and focus on drinking water in the morning, using this kind of like a "caffeine pill" rather than worrying about downing coffee when I first woke up.

The ingredient panel has a few things that I am familiar with from popular energy drinks (ie. Niacin and glucuronolactone). The caffeine in here is of two forms, supposedly, one that is faster acting, and another that is more of a timed release.

The ingredients are explained in detail on the "Brainfinity" website, but in short, they act synergistically to increase the blood flow to the brain, increase the chemical uptake of mood enhancers and chemicals that improve brain function, and some of the time-released ingredients are supposed to help you feel more "zoned in" and not experience any jitters.

The amounts of these ingredients, other than the caffeine, I cannot say are enough, too little, or too much, as many of them do not have specific amounts that really proven best effective. Caffeine is a stimulant, vasodilator, and I know it helps get my brain working a little faster in the mornings when I ingest it within an hour of waking up. In comparison to other products in these categories, I do feel that other than the caffeine, almost all of the other ingredients are under-dosed. Sometimes ingredients will work well together and manufacturers can get away with putting less of them in a product, but when it comes to this particular product, I do not think that less is more.

The bottle suggests one capsule in the morning. It is in a gel cap, which is easy to swallow with water or liquid. The capsules have no funky smell or after taste. I always took this within the first half hour of waking, prior to my coffee, and usually got in a few glasses of water in the first few hours of waking to accompany it with. I liked that I only had to take this once, and not worry about taking another dose later in the day (as you'll see in the effectiveness section) that would have been troublesome for me!!

----Effectiveness---
Of the effects promised, I definitely felt the effects of the caffeine within the first hour, and they did not lead to any crashes or litters. That was great. Other than that, I did not think I had any improved cognitive function or clarity. I actually started noticing over the last several weeks, while taking this, that I would forget where I had placed something (like a stack of papers I needed while at work, or I would lose my keys at home). One day I forgot my purse at work, which I have never done before. I incurred many instances during the course of taking this supplement where I would have to check around the house, re-tracing steps to find where I had put down a glass of water. These types of behaviors are atypical for me, and I tend to have a very good memory. I did not have any better recall whatsoever.
This product simply did not work for me me in any other way then being a caffeine pill. I also noticed that the longer that I had taken this product, the more frequently these weird "forgetfulness" episodes were occurring.

I value based on effectiveness as a "Caffeine" pill more than anything. A 14-day trial free on the website would be free, one bottle $16.95, 2 bottles for $27.95, comes out to $13.97 a bottle.
That's a great price of about 56 cents IF IT WORKS. But since it was not a great experience for me, I could not be given this at no charge, and even consider taking it again.
At that price, I would be better off just drinking caffeinated coffee or tea. Being in a pill form would really be the only benefit I personally could see from purchasing this, but because I did not feel the promised effects of this product, any price would not make this affordable for me.

Side Effects

Other than the fact that this only worked as a caffeine pill and if anything, may have decreased my mental acuity, I did not notice any horrific side effects from taking this product. As it promoted, there were no jitters or crashes.

Conclusion

This product simply did not work as it was promoted. I think it gave me caffeine, and other than that it did not deliver any other positive side effects. Since stopping this, I received a few comments from family members and friends that I am "a lot less flighty" in the last week. I truly think that the combination of potentially under-dosed ingredients gave me more brain fogginess than it helped clear up. I could not recommend this particular supplement to any other users.

January 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Possible Underdosed Ingredients
    • It Did Not Do Anything For Me
    Shout out to SR.com and the folks at EXECUCORE for giving the ERs and TROOPS a chance to try out their nootropic. Also - thanks to the brainfinity group for answering my questions during this run...

Why wouldn't someone want to try out a product that is touted as "designed to provide intense focus, elevated mood, enhanced memory, and long lasting energy." I was also going off off the caffeine at the time I started this. I was taking a little too much caffeine and I figured that the caffeine content in this supplement would be enough to help me as I went through withdraws - hahaha. I also though that this would give me a better shot at finding out the full effect of this supplement.

This contains, from what I can see, around 250mg of caffeine.

Look to the left of this page. All of the ingredients and what they are supposed to do are listed there. I am not a nootropic guru and I did do some research before taking this supplement. I have seen higher concentrations of some stuff in other supplements I have taken but according to the brainfinity website (or hype page) all this stuff is thrown together to make them all work terrific. http://getbrainfinity.com/

Tasteless pill - DO NOT MIX IT YA JABRONEY!
    Dose it 1x per day. It has caffeine in it so don't take it at night time.

I got nothing out of this. I tried it before I worked out (I go to the gym at 0500), I tried it at 10 am, I tried it right after lunch, I even tried it at 2pm. Same result every time - nothing. Toward then end I tried dosing it twice daily, one preworkout and one at 10 am and then I tried it at 10 am and 2pm. Guess what? Nothing. No focus, no energy, nothing.

In fact, I even waited about 10 days since I took this stuff to write the review and see if it was just me not realizing the terrific-ness that is brainfinity. Guess what? Same stuff. I am still off the caff - virtually zero caffeine at this point - and I am no different with it than without it.

I will say that at least the brainfinity folks got back to me while I was trying to find a way to get it to work. That was nice.

They sell this stuff for $16.95. You can get a free 14-day trial of this stuff which is cool. Pay attention to where you are clicking. There are a ton of brainfinity knock off sites (one example - http://brainfinity.org/). You will pay the original $37.95 for that one.

For this supplement you have to ask yourself - is there any true value if a product doesn't work?

Side Effects

None - but there weren't any primary effects.

Conclusion

I am giving it 4.0s because there wasn't any negative side effects and the product was fully disclosed and the dudes got back to me when I asked some questions. I am sort of thinking that this may be a scam HOWEVER some other reputable reviewers have a had positive experiences with it so I won't go there... I will never use this stuff again and I would not recommend anyone else use it either...

January 25, 2016

• Quick Burst Of Energy Only
    I would like to thank Brainfinity for participating in the SR Troops program. I have never taken a Nootropic like product so I was very excited to give this product a try. I feel that sometimes I suffer from mild ADD and I have trouble focusing or concentrating and I end up being all over the place. I wanted to try something that might help me concentrate my efforts in one direction and help me focus.

The product claims to boost productivity:

Increase Focus
    Elevate Mood
    Incredible Energy
    =================================

Ingredients: 7/10 - The ingredients are pretty straight forward. Its not a prop blend. All the ingredients are transparent and indicated clearly on the label. Thats' why it gets a 7/10. I would have given this a 10/10 - if some of the ingredients were higher dosed. For instance Yomibine, has shown to be effective at the minimum of 5mg, but heres its at 3mg. Now I am not claiming to be all that knowledgeable in the formulation of products, however, I have taken Yohimbine HCL before with Caffeine at 5mg to 20mg a day and I know how my body and mind feels on them. Anyways lets get into the products effectiveness:

=================================

Dosage: 5/10 - So in very tiny font it says to take 1 capsule in the morning. It does not specify honestly weather its best to take on empty stomach or with food. Or to take before gym or after gym if you're working out in the morning. I mean the dosage is pretty straight forward but I think it would have been much better if the directions were a bit more detailed.

=================================

Effectiveness: 6/10 - Okay so as I mentioned in the preface above, I was looking to try this for a couple of reasons. Mental focus and sharpness, energy, elevated mood and the good feeling of well being. Lets break it down into categories and see how each one worked out for me.

Incredible Energy: 2/10 - When I first took it, it was at 10am, right after breakfast. There were sometimes when I would take it on an empty stomach but honestly I did not feel much difference, so I decided to stick to the original protocol. Anyways, about 10 minutes after taking this, I would get an alert like boost of immediate energy. As if you did a line of cocaine. It instantly wakes you up. However, after about 15 more minutes, that burst of energy just dissipates and is never to be heard from again. Your body almost feels like its doing a crash when you have not slept for 48 straight hours. Now if the point of the product is to keep popping this pill every 30-45 minutes, then maybe the energy would last, however, on 1 pill, after the initial burst it was nothing. Again this happened every single day for 30 days of me taking this product.

Elevated Mood: 4/10 - I am already a pretty jolly and happy person, so to say this elevated my mood anymore than what I am already feeling is hard to say. Yes, there were some days where I was feeling not too great and this 1 pill would elevate my mood for 1 hour max. I mean yes is it better than nothing, most def, but does it deserve a high mark for that hour, probably not.

Increase Focus: 8/10 - Strangest thing here. Although the energy was pretty crappy and the elevated mood was barely felt, my focus would increase tremendously. I used this product solely for my increased concentration during work so I can perform a better job. In my line of work, being careful and reviewing documents for their accuracy and precision is important, so having a product that helped me increase my focus so I can do this well helps. Furthermore, the focus did last for a good 2-3 hours. It helped me from doing too many things at the same time, as I tend to do naturally subconsciously. I was able to hone in on one area at a time and make sure it was done to perfection.

=================================

Value: 8/10 - This product is quite cheap. $16 for 30 pills which is 30 days worth. Thats dirt cheap, but if it doesnt cover all their hyped up claims is it really worth it ?

=================================

Overall: 6/10 - Look this product did not really deliver on all the claims for me. However, that doesnt mean it won't work for you. The problem could have been that my adrenal gland is over stimulated with all other supplements I am taking. However, based on the performance of this product for me personally, I would recommend others at least giving this a shot, if you don't mind spending 1 drink at the bar money on a mental increased product.

January 24, 2016

• Possible Underdosed Ingredients

Hello all. I'd like to first thank Execucore and the SR TROOPs program for giving me the opportunity to review Brainfinity. The only nootropic supplement I used before was just plain old 5-HTP, so when I saw this up for review I had to give it a try. The label looked interesting with the various caffeine ingredients added in as well. Were they enough to give energy boosts and mental focus? Here's my review on Brainfinity, which is a decent supplement to consider using.

The ingredient list is pretty simple and easy to understand why the supplement could work for most. There isn't a ridiculously large list of proprietary blend ingredients either, so kudos for that as well. I'll keep this simple with just some feedback from my personal view on the ingredients.

Microencapsulated Caffeine 200mg - Basically caffeine that is formulated to slowly "drip feed" into your bloodstream resulting in having longer effects on your body.

Green Tea Leaf Extract (caffeine) 50mg - This is the caffeine ingredient used to release quickly into your bloodstream much like a cup of coffee.
    Green Tea Leaf Extract 200mg - This is the only part of the ingredient profile that had me thinking, but I'm pretty sure they were just distinguishing how much caffeine came from the extract and how much of the extract remained for mental focus enhancement/other health benefits?

Glucuronolactone 150mg - Often found in energy drinks. Supposed to improve memory flow. I remember researching this ingredient awhile back, and upon recent research they still haven't found anything very much supportive on its health benefits. Just a bunch of "possibilities"

Microencapsulated Phenethylamine HCL 100mg - This type of ingredient is naturally occurring in your nervous system. Supports the release of chemicals within the brain to enhance mood and mental focus. This ingredient should have long effects since it is microencapsulated as well.

Yohimbine 3mg - I understand the synergistic compatibility of yohimbine with the other caffeine ingredients, but I think at this dosage the ingredient is just in there for the sake of popularity.

Inositol Niacinate 20mg - Vitamin B8 and B3 chemically combined. Used to help with blood circulation and functions within the nervous system without causing a niacin flush.

Other Active Ingredients

Synephrine Caprylate 25mg
    Nettle Leaf Extract 25mg
    Vinpocetine 5mg

These provide supposed similar benefits with increased oxygen-blood flow and cognitive enhancement. The dosage used for them doesn't really impress me much though.

The capsule has a strong synthetic-like taste to it.

Capsule is average size and easy to swallow.

You only take one capsule daily, but may need a second dose after your body develops a tolerance. I took it in the morning on an empty stomach with my multi-vitamin.

Pretty easy to follow instructions.

Overall I believe Brainfinity worked pretty well. The caffeine ingredients kicked in around 20-30 minutes and lasted around 5 hours. This was clean energy boosts that you honestly wouldn't know was happening in terms of not being jittery or having shaky hands etc. I felt wide awake and pretty focused for the most part, but honestly I felt the same way using a pure green tea extract supp, so I'm going to guess the caffeine portion of the ingredient label is the beneficial part to Brainfinity. The only thing is that Brainfinity is cheaper and offers a better time release formula compared to pure green tea extract, so they have my favor overall when it comes to clean caffeine boosts.

Simply put; you will feel more awake and a bit more focused for 4+ hours. I still wanted to drink coffee though (lol) Tolerance may be developed by about the 3rd week. I didn't double dose though since I have my pwo in the afternoon before training.

The current price for Brainfinity is $16.95 for one bottle, and $27.95 for two bottles. I think this is a pretty awesome price value for a decent supplement that increases your focus and energy levels. That would be under a dollar per day for each dosage.

No side effects

Conclusion

I know some of my opinion on this supp seemed a bit harsh, but it is a decent daily supplement that increases your energy and focus. If I were just on a body maintenance program, I would possibly purchase this as my morning booster. The price is affordable for most in terms of what you can gain from this supp. But don't plan on becoming a genius through Brainfinity though. Just meant for clean energy and focus.

January 11, 2016

• Confidence Boost
    • Tunnel Vision

Hello again. I want to thank Execucore and TROOPS for the opportunity to review Brainfinity, their stimulant/nootropic product. I thoroughly enjoy delving into nootropic supplements and find out what discernible affect, if any I achieve from them. Normally you would use this type of product to study, perform at work, or perform in the gym, the gym being the most telling for me. I will crack into the profile to the best of my ability but I'll admit its pretty lengthy and a lot of stuff I have very little knowledge of.

First off, this is a recommended once daily single pill, the first three ingredients I will blaze through.

Extended Release Caffeine (200mg): Hefty dose of caffeine adequate for even a preworkout supplement.

Caffeine from Green Tea Extract Immediate Release (50mg): For that initial burst.

Green Tea Extract (200mg): From which the immediate release caffeine originates I presume.

Glucuronolactone (150mg): I can't really find much credible on this, other than it is present in a lot of energy drinks at the 800mg dose. It is said to stimulate memory receptors and reduce mental and physical fatigue according to the Execucore.

Microencapsulated Phenethylamine HCL (100mg): Also known as PEA is a common ingredient in nootropics. It affects seratonin and dopamine. the "happy hormones" of the brain.

Synephrine Caprylate (25mg): This ingredient is supposed to enhance focus, concentration, and mental clarity. It is also said to improve brain signal quality. This is also information provided by Execucore. Synephrine itself is supposed to be similar in structure to ephedrine, albeit weaker, and not many scientific studies have been produced to prove any of the benefits.

Nettle Leaf Extract (25mg): This is said to increase blood flow, memory, focus, and concentration. It is also supposed to cross the blood brain barrier and is an antioxidant that is supposed to protect against free radicals.

Niacin as Inositol Niacinate (20mg): This is a cerebral vasodilator and increases bloodflow to the brain bringing oxygen and glucose which are used to allow you to focus longer, make you alert, and give you mental energy.

Vinpocetine (5mg): This is said to enhance cerebral blood flow and promotes cognition and memory formation, but most of these effects are seen in doses of 30-45mg per day. It is supposed to relieve stress and increase mental clarity as lower doses, but I still think this dose is a bit low.

Yohimbine (3mg): This is a stimulant that is also acts as a thermogenic. It is an MAOi which can elevate mood, the feeling of optimism and motivation, it also increases libido, enhances memory and reduces brain fog.

No real taste, 1 capsule a day in the morning is pretty easy.

I began to notice the effects of this product right off the bat, there was definitely a stimulant effect from the caffeine and yohimbe, slight sweating and increased alertness, but I also felt more focused, aware, and driven to the point that when I was trying to focus I was really focused, and when I wasn't trying, I still found myself operating mentally at a different level. Brain fog was gone completely and I was definitely more awake earlier in the morning than I am accustomed to.

It's really hard to say whether memory was enhanced or not but there would be times throughout the day that I would snap myself out of tunnel vision and when I was really zoned in it would feel like I was magnetically attracted to whatever I was concentrating on. About two weeks in I started to either develop a tolerance to it or it was simply wearing off after a few hours. At this point I started taking a second dose about 6 hours after the first dose. This didn't double my performance by any means, but it did draw out the performance of this supplement through the whole day rather than having in wane off in the afternoon hours when I still had 5 hours left in my workday.

I can also day that this focus and concentration also came with a strong sense of confidence. Almost to the point where I would feel alpha in my mind throughout the day. I could make decisions quickly and I felt damn good about it. I was also training someone at work and I felt like I could really articulate and demonstrate things with a sense of confidence I am not accustomed to in the workplace. I am generally a nose to the grindstone do it myself kind of person, not the kind of person that generally tries to teach anyone else.

This is actually a pretty good value for this product. On their own site you can buy one for 24.99 or two for 39.99. So that's 20 bucks a bottle for a strong value. Now value may decrease if you decide to give the two cap a day route but overall still a good value for how this product performs.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I can't say anything bad about this. It is a good product to try especially if you are into nootropics and finding out which one performs best for you. I am a little concerned about scientific studies or lack thereof on certain ingredients and their doses or lack thereof, but I think with this extensive profile that Execucore came out with a solid, synergistic product that will perform against any other nootropic on the market.

5.5
        August 18, 2015

• Better At Remembering Everyday Tasks
      • Quick Math
      • Niacin Is Underdosed

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)

Big shout out and thank you to SR and Execucore for letting me run this product as part of their TROOP program, here is my honest review.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)

Here is what comes in the bottle
      Serving size is 1 cap
      servings per bottle is 30

Microencapsulated Caffeine (Extended Release Caffeine) 200mg
      Caffeine From Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Leaf Extract (Immediate Release Caffeine) 50mg
      Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Leaf Extract 200mg
      Glucuronolactone 150mg
      Microencapsulated Phenethylamine HCL 100mg
      Synephrine Caprylate 25mg
      Nettle Leaf Extract 25mg
      Niacin (as Inositol Niacinate) 20mg
      Vinpocetine 5mg
      Pausinystalia Yohimbe Bark Extract (Yohimbine) 3mg

There is no groundbreaking new ingredients or technologies and some ingredients seem highly underdosed, I do not know what Niacin can do for you at 20mg, but there are no prop blends and perhaps the synergy of the ingredients is what they are shooting for. You can see all the claims and reasons for including the ingredients on Execucore's website.

No taste, just pop 1 pill in the morning before you begin your day. I took my on empty stomach with my vitamins, no problem there. No after taste.

Ok, so it was sort of a hit and miss for me. Based on what I anticipated at first the product did not deliver. But also I anticipated the pill from "Limitless, this was not it. Brainfinity will not make you see the stock charts for the first time in your life and see some patterns nobody ever noticed, you won't win any Nobel prizes thanks to it either. However I kept on taking the pill in the AM and my opinion changed a bit. One thing I did realize, is that I never forgot my lunch at home, after having it packed and ready in the kitchen which occurred before. I would always take out my government ID card out of the computer at work, which could get you in a ton of trouble for but more frequently your coworkers will just play hide and seek to teach you a lesson. The effectiveness was quite subtle but nonetheless pleasant to notice. I did simple multiplications and divisions, that are required for my job, without having to use a calculator. That was great because before I needed a second or five to think those problems over. There was no great energy rush but I never felt any crashes until the evening, after I have lifted and taken my PWO. So in my opinion Brainfinity won't make you a Pulzer Prize winner, but it definitely helps you with the little dull tasks that are so easy to overlook.

Ok, so this is where this takes a big hit. 37.95 and only from their own website! So lets count it up, 1.265 cents per pill is very steep for a product that will help you remember not to forget a few commonplace things. If Execucore decided to load this bottle with 60 pills for the same price, perhaps I would consider buying it.

5.5/10

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

I personally enjoyed using the product as it helped me with my everyday mundane tasks I would overlook.I wish the product was cheaper so I could invest into buying it in the future.

Final note, @texasmade89 made a really great in depth review where he touches on far more than just the bases. I recommend you check out his experience.

August 13, 2015

• Slightly More Focused.
      I want to thank the SR Troops program for giving me the opportunity to review Brainfinity. As stated in previous reviews, I'm always super interested in supplements that claim to be cognitive enhancers. Not that I need much cognitive enhancement, I just like having an edge. I would consider myself to have moderate to advanced experience in this category of supplements. I saw the profile prior to selecting it, after seeing chemicals such as Vipocetine and Synephrine Caprylate, It looked worth giving a spin. It also has all the ingredient doses listed which is a huge plus. It also included a solid dose of caffeine and Yohimbe, I knew this would give me a significant boost for my morning shift(much needed right now). There claim is that Brainfinity is the only fast acting and extended release nootropic on the market. Fast acting and slow release? I will definitely be doing my best to verify this interesting claim. While looking for the ingredient profile online (bottle was in car), I found an affiliate program that allows people to sell the product, gives them all promotional tools; according to them you barely have to lift a finger to earn 25% commission. If you sell a bottle of Brainfinity, the company gives you $17, of the $38 they charge for it (keeping $21). This makes me wonder how much the supplement is realy worth. I started this with writing about the ingredient profile, it comprises information from alternate sources and my personal experience.
      Nootropic- a substance that enhances cognition, memory and facilitates learning.

Microencapsulated Caffeine (Extended release caffeine)- 200mg. This accounts for the extended release part of the claim. New studies out of Japan have proven that caffeine increases memory. It improves reaction time and logical reasoning, while keeping you more alert. We already know this just wanted to be thorough on my review. 200mg is the standard dose for OTC caffeine products (no doz, vivarin).

Caffeine From Grean Tea (Camelia Sinesis Leaf Extract) Immediate Release Caffeine- 50mg Compounds in green tea can improve brain function and make you smarter (authoritynutrition.com). It's good they added the additional caffeine from a natural source; 250mg, total caffeine, is a solid dose for a cognitive enhancer.

Green Tea Leaf Extract (Camelia Sinesis)-200mg. Additional info about how it helps brain function; it blocks the inhibitory neurotransmitter adenosine allowing for improved release of neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine. Green tea also contains the amino acid L-theanine which improves GABA activity leading to reduced stress, more dopamine, and more alpha waves in the brain.

Glucuronolactone- 150mg. A naturally occurring chemical that's an important structural component for nearly all connective tissue. Are bodies use it to detoxify themselves from toxic substances; it's used in many energy drinks. There is currently no standard dose for this compound or many side effects being reported. According to weightraining.com, doses range from 300mg up to 5 grams; from that perspective this dose could be on the low end. It would difficult to tell if this was working outside, a feeling of well being due to the detoxification.

Microencapsulated Phenthylamine HCL- 100mg.The microencapsulation is again designed to increase the amount of time this chemical stays in the body. It is said to be structurally similar to amphetamines and also release produce dopamine/norepinephrine; Unfortunately it goes through so many changes in the body that's it near impossible to reach peak concentrations when taken orally (Wikipedia.com). An interesting fact is that individuals with ADHD were found to have lower concentrations of phenthylamine after a urine analysis was reviewed. 100mg is a good starting dose for the average person, allowing them to experience the enhanced mental clarity and memory. For more intense euphoric effects doses begin at 250mg and range up to 500mg a day (nootriment.com). I would not have minded seeing another 150mg or so added to this based on all the positive information I have read.

Synephrine Caprylate-25mg. Synephrine has been shown to work in synergy with caffeine and green tea extract; it is similar to ephedrine but less potent. Synephrine alone was shown to increase metabolic rate and energy (limidax.com). The recommended dosage is 10-20mg taken twice day; acute dosages of 50mg are also used (once a day). The dosage in brainfinity seems to fall within the recommended range. For science nerds like me or people extra interested in ingredient profiles: In the brain, Neuromedin U2 receptor (NMU2R) is prominent in the hypothalamic regions and is known to be associated with regulation of several important physiological functions .
      In NMU2R activating ability experiments, p-synephrine was found binding to NMU2R with high efficacy and potency, with researchers agreeing that Synephrine has important value (same site above).

Nettle Leaf Extract-25mg. Nettle leaf has been found to have a relaxing effect in that it reduces blood pressure. I could see this component being thrown in there to balance all the other stimulants and nootropics out. It also helps battle microorganisms, has antioxidant properties, and is used frequently in Germany to treat serious health ailments such as arthritis (globalhealingcenter.com).

Niacin (as Inositol Niacinate)- 20mg (100% of DV according to label)- Niacin is vitamin B3, part of the B complex vitamins. Niacin is also used at higher dosages, to help cleanse the body (flushing effect) so this may have been utilized to work in synergy with the other internal detoxifier. I could not find any information on this particular formulation of niacin; I found a company who sells it and it's dosed at 455mg per capsule. Most niacin products are dosed around 500mg to 1000mg; this particular compound appears to be under dosed. As far as brain boosting, I found out that dementia/alzheimers can be caused be severe niacin deficiency. Niacin has a protective effect on cognitive decline; not sure why it is dosed so low considering it's a cheap vitamin and doesn't seem to have any beneficial effects at this dose.

Vinpocetine- 5mg. In my experience, no cognitive enhancer is complete without this compound. It's dosed between 5 and 10mg in most products (usually 10mg). It's not necessarily under dosed but in my experience works much more effectively at 10mg. They could have reduced the dosage since the components would have the synergistic effect but in vinpocetine's case it would only have made the product that much more effective. Vinpocetine is reported to have cerebral blood-flow enhancing and neuroprotective effects. It's used in Eastern Europe for age-related memory impairment. This chemical is also considered a potent anti-inflammatory agent and is being investigated for helping patients prevent the early onset of Alzheimer's disease.

Pausinystalia Yohimbe Bark Extract 3mg- Yohimbe facilitates the release of nitric oxide and nor epinephrine. It increases blood pressure, and in small doses provides a significant boost in energy and focus. This is a moderate but solid dose for Yohimbe considering the rest of the formula.

Effectiveness-Initially did not notice a big boost in cognitive ability, although it did give me a nice boost in the morning. After taking it for a few weeks, I did start to notice the brain boost that I was looking for. This boost in the morning did not seem to lessen in intensity as the weeks passed; this helped significantly as I wake up at 4:30-5;00AM for work. I was more focused than usual when driving, and was able to become more detailed when writing in my food/exercise journal. I didn't feel additional strain from taking the extra time to include details in the journal which was good. As far as working out; I was more focused than usual. I did start to feel a decline in this energy after about 4 hours, which is long even for caffeine. It was much more an improvement than the regular 200mg caffeine tablet I had been taking gave me.

Cost-Similarly to other cognitive booster I reviewed this product is only available from the actual manufacturer. Brainfinity is listed at $37.95 for 30 capsules (a 30 day supply). The mental/physical boost was beneficial to my daily activities although it would be difficult to justify this over $29.99. The extra $8 is most likely enough to make most people try a different product. The affiliate program is strange considering $17 is used to compensate the person who sold it to you; legitimately makes me wonder how much this product should be sold for.
      Ingredients- This product does have a relatively good ingredient profile. It does its job as a cognitive aid so it's difficult to say if anything could be added. I would not have minded seeing phosphatidylserine (clinically shown to improve memory).

Dose-I took 1 pill a day in the morning. Very convenient and simple dosing instructions. I didn't really notice the effects taper off until around 3 when I get home, and I'm usually tired around this time anyway. It would have been nice to dose once or twice more so the effects would last the entire day.

Side Effects- No notable side effects. I always took it with my coffee and even with the additional caffeine I didn't feel any negative sides (shakiness, anxiety). There were a few times where I was slightly more prone to becoming agitated after I took this although it did not happen consistently enough for me to attribute it to this product.

Overall-I feel like a true nootropic would rely solely on cognitive boosters outside high doses of caffeine (it is cool that the caffeine is derived from multiple sources). It provided a good boost in the morning and helped me focus on various tasks throughout the day. When I was driving one day, I noticed myself slightly hunched over toward the wheel, staring intently right ahead of me; that to me was when I knew this stuff was working. I'll have to see how I feel off it (2 weeks) when I'm back to my staples to determine if I would be willing to buy it again. Even if I did really begin to notice how big of an effect it had after coming off, I would have trouble putting up $38 plus shipping/tax for this product. For this amount of money I could buy a 60-day supply of OTC caffeine, Yohimbe, Vinpocetine, and Synephrine (the most critical ingredients). I was able to write longer, more detailed reviews for this site and detail my diet/supplementation closer than before. It was kind of hard to tell initially if I was feeling anything outside of caffeine, as it caffeine alone can provide increased focus, feeling of well-being, and just all around better attention span. Considering I was still feeling the positive mental effects (focus,memory) 3,4 hours after ingestion I knew something else was at work. If they cut the caffeine in half and worked it out so you could have a morning, afternoon and maybe even mid day dose; this product would show its true potential.