DCP - Recompostion Ammunition Reviews

By: EvoMuse

Weight Loss > Stimulant Free
DCP - Recompostion Ammunition is a Stimulant Free Weight Loss Product manufactured by EvoMuse. It can increase metabolic rate and fat loss without the use/inclusion of traditional stimulants.

Overall
Overall
6.8
7.1
6.1
  September 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Thermo Effect
  • Fat Loss Support
  • Not Available
  • Possible Heartburn

DCP is the third and final EvoMuse product I had the opportunity to run. I stacked this for a short time with their topical fat burner, SuperNova. In all honesty I've not had much success with non-stim fat burners. I find most to be minimally effective and/or the cause of significant negative side effects. That said, I was still interested to give DCP a run.

Props to EvoMuse for a fully disclosed ingredient profile, which is highly unusual for this type of supplement. If you want to read up on each ingredient, you can find a detailed summary here: https://www.nutri-verse.com/dcp-by-evomuse/

Trying to break down this profile to determine whether or not it is effectively dosed would be a challenge and at least partially impossible. Some of these ingredients are very unique and have minimal scientific research demonstrating effective dosages. That said, I pulled out the top two ingredients for a quick analysis.

L-Carnitine is a common amino acid supplement touted for its energy metabolism properties. Most sites recommend a daily dose of between 500mg and 2g daily. At 900mg across three dosages, DCP is on point with this ingredient.

Artemisia iwayomogi is an herb commonly used in Korea for various purposes, with some research suggesting it possess fat burning properties. There is insufficient evidence for a recommended dose for human consumption, but the estimated dose is 2,900mg for a 200lb. person. At just under 1g across three doses, DCP falls short of this recommendation but again, minimal knowledge here.

I did my best to maintain a regularly scheduled dosing protocol but wasn't always successful. Meetings, work, life, etc. sometimes got in the way. Generally I threw down two of these in the early AM on an empty stomach, two with lunch, and two with dinner. The gel caps are a standard size and easy to swallow.

I am not sure if one of the caps had burst open or if it was a result of the packaging process, but all my caps had a light dusting of powder on them. This has 10mg of capsaicin, which obviously made swallowing the caps somewhat unpleasant. I also had a few instances of powder-burps which were also uncomfortable.

As other users reported, DCP was most effective in the areas of appetite suppression and thermogenesis. I've recently transitioned back to an IF eating protocol and I noticed a marked difference in my cravings in the morning hours during my fast while on DCP. I would also say that, for the morning dose in particular, I experienced a pleasant heat throughout my core.

As for actual fat loss; nothing dramatic for me. I've slowly been cutting down and was at 225lbs. a few months ago. Recently I've consistently weighed in at 213lbs. A solid 10-12lb. loss over four months. Did DCP support this progress? I'd say yes, but it certainly wasn't the sole cause.

Non-stim fat loss agents are an odd bag with most falling into the category of being only partially effective (check the reviews overview - the only product over an 8 is Thyrotwin). They are also usually very expensive yet tough to compare pricewise give the drastically different ingredient profiles.

Unfortunately I am not able to currently find DCP available for purchase anywhere, even on EvoMuse's own site. That said, if it was in stock, you would expect to pay between $40-$45 for a 30 day supply. This is on par with Neco-Adipem, the second most popular non-stim fat loss agent on this site. But in my book that's a LOT of money to pay for a "support" product that isn't going to product insane results.

Side Effects

Slight heartburn. Powder burps.

Conclusion

If you've got money to spend and want a non-stim fat loss product, DCP is a good option. It's not something that's regularly going to be in my stack, but I appreciate EvoMuse putting out a fully disclosed profile. Perhaps it's being reformulated as it is currently not available on any website.

Overall
Overall
6.9
6.6
  April 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Stim Free
  • Thermo Effect

To finish off my non stim fat burning stack by EvoMuse I'll be detailing my experience with DCP. DCP or Damage Control Protocol is a multifaceted attempt to help people burn fat without using stims. They utilize many ingredients and pathways to get this done. I used the old formula before when it was made for BPS and called DCP 2.0 and was pretty happy with that as well. As far as non stim options go this definitely is a solid option, especially if you are cycling off stims as I was. On to the review.

Attached the supplement facts. Lots of ingredients that are fully disclosed. Some ingredients that I know well, and others that were brand new. Honestly, EvoMuse goes into a very lengthy and very scientific rundown of each ingredient and how it effects certain pathways to help you burn fat. Here is a link to the run down as there's no way I can restate it all.

The research and science looks very promising to my non expert eye, and the full dosages look promising in everything that I have read. I was excited to give this a shot.

No taste or mixing, small red caps. Dosing is two pills, three times a day. This is definitely. It the most convenient dosing protocol. It I was able to get a morning, afternoon, evening dose in with little trouble. It does not say whether to take with food, but I found out you'll want to take it with something. More on that later.

I used this in conjunction with their other non stim fat burner Alphaburn. When stacking products it can be hard to determine effectiveness of products individually but I have taken yohimbine before so I kind of knew what to expect from that. Where this product shined was in two areas for me, appetite suppression and thermogenesis. When taking DCP throughout the day I really felt it curbed my appetite which is very nice as I've been a caloric deficit for awhile and it helped with the cravings. Also I when I took a serving of this close to workout, I did feel my body temp increase and sweated a lot more. This was probably due to the carnitine fumarate and capsaicinoids. A nice benefit there for my cardio. Did the lbs fly off? No, but at 165 lbs I really don't have a lot to use. So although I feel this definitely helped in a couple areas, it might not be set up for people like me who are currently very lean already. The appetite suppression and thermogenesis were welcome benefits however, and it being. On stim helped me cycle off.

This is a big downside for me as I've seen this from $45-$50 just about everywhere for a 30 day supply. I get why it's expensive with a lot of ingredients and good dosages, but this is in the very high end for a non stim fat burner. For someone just trying to lose the last couple pounds, I'd probably look elsewhere.

Side Effects

When I would take this without food I would get some heart burn. This went away with as little as a whey isolate shake, so you don't need a lot of food but you'll want some.

Conclusion

This is a very interesting product with a lot of research behind it that gave me some benefits, but it would probably be better for someone just starting the cutting process.

April 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Thermo Effect
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Stim Free
  • Mild Diuretic Effect
  • Burns Fat
  • Maintains Muscle Tissue

First of all, I want to thank Evomuse for giving us TROOPers the opportunity to review their products. DCP has been on the market for quite some time, and although the formula has been tweaked a few times, it is still around delivering results. I have been on a non-stim kick lately, having previously used Torem's Neco Adipem with great results. As a result, my skepticism of stimulant free fat burners has pretty much subsided. Over the past 7 or 8 years, I've heard quite a bit about DCP--all good things. So what exactly is DCP? According to some literature, DCP is a multi-pronged, completely unique fat burner - especially with the formula update. It concentrates on hitting the PPAR alpha and delta receptors to rapidly increase oxidation of fat, blocks an enzyme called DGAT (diacylglycerol acyltransferase) which prevents diglycerides from being formed into triglycerides for storage. DCP also causes thermogenesis to increase burning of free fatty acids in the bloodstream by hitting some of the Transient receptors for thermosensitivity. In plain English, DCP causes your metabolism to behave like that of an elite athlete, while blocking the expression of an pro-obesity gene.

That's a pretty bold statement. Does it work? Read on.

DCP's ingredient profile is pretty extensive. Each ingredient is listed on the label, but to describe how each one functions would be quite time consuming. A detailed description is on Nutriverse's website. Here's the link: https://www.nutri-verse.com/dcp-by-evomuse/. In a nutshell, the ingredients in DCP support thermogenesis, prevents the formation of fatty tissue, uses stored fat for energy, and inhibits inflammation.

Each bottle of DCP contains 180 capsules. The recommended dose is two capsules three times a day (for a total of 6 caps/day). I took each serving about 5 hours apart with food. Unlike other fat burners, I noticed no heartburn issues.

DCP did a good job controlling my appetite, and I did notice a moderate thermogenic effect. I didn't sweat like a hog, but I did notice some internal heating. Energy increase was good, and DCP also helped me shed some water--a pleasant surprise. I was also quite a bit leaner and a bit more vascular. As a standalone, DCP is great. However, after week two, I stacked it with another Evomuse product--AlphaBurn. This was a great 1-2 punch. I lost about an inch and a half off my waist and maintained a body weight of 225 pounds with no changes in my diet and no extreme changes to my workout routine. For anybody looking to recomp, I definitely recommend this stack.

You can find DCP just about anywhere for around 50 bucks, which compared to most other similar products is a little on the steep side. The product works nicely, but those on a budget might look elsewhere.

Side Effects

None noted.

Conclusion

DCP is a great addition for those looking to recomp. It's great as a standalone, and versatile enough to be part of a stim-free stack or stacked with a stimulant for added synergy. The price may be a deterrent for the budget conscious, especially when there are many other lower priced alternatives available, but DCP is a great product; one that is on my radar for future consideration.

April 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Thermo Effect
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Stim Free
  • Mild Diuretic Effect
  • Burns Fat
  • Maintains Muscle Tissue

A special thanks to Evomuse for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I talk about my experience with their stim free fat loss formulation DCP a.k.a Damage Control Protocol. With the warmer weather seasons beginning to draw near, we're are in full "get that beach body" mode, or at least most of us are. Many of us will turn to the aid of some fat burning supplements to help obtain results faster, though as we should all know at this stage of the game that diet and nutrition are the two biggest influential factors in our fitness goals. Still, when it comes to a fat loss supplement, many of today's popular ones have a boat load of stimulants that some are not overly fond of due to side effects. That's when it's a good idea to reach for something like DCP in order to aid in fat loss without the hefty stim doses.

But does it work?

We've got a pretty extensive profile here that I recommend you look at the included image to see the ingredients.

As for an explanation, honestly it would take me hours on end to explain the function of each ingredient so instead I'm going to post a link Nutri-verse's site where you can get a complete thorough breakdown and explanation of each ingredient under "product description".

As a general summary of the ingredients' purposes, the included profile combined is intended to aid in fat loss via the following mechanisms:

Inhibiting the formation of adipose tissue
Activating receptors responsible for lipolysis
Generating thermogenesis
Aiding the utilization of fat for energy
Preventing damaging inflammation effects.

Since these are caps, taste and mixability are non-applicable. The caps are easy to swallow and leave no aftertaste or stomach upset.

The dosing is instructed at 2 caps to be taken three times per day. So that's 6 caps per day, which sounds like a lot but one can you do. I myself would take each 2 cap serving spread roughly 4-5 hours apart usually 20 minutes before food intake. The dosages would be in the morning, early afternoon, and early evening.

Just to note, my caloric intake while using DCP was a little over maintenance at about 2700 calories; high protein, moderate carbs, low fat

For the first two weeks I used DCP without any added stimulants to assess its effects. I did notice a decent thermo effect and had a good increase in additional energy. I also noticed my appetite was more controlled and I didn't have as frequent hunger pangs throughout the day.

I then added stim dosages associated with the use of RSP's Amino Lean and RXS's Radiate. This is where DCP's effects truly shined. I noticed it had a very good complimentary effect with the other products as I was experiencing a much more substantial thermo effect to the point where I was sweating bullets on particular high volume under speed tension movements and intensive cardio intervals. My appetite was more well controlled and by the end of my run I looked leaner and more vascular in many areas. I also noticed a diuretic effect which was helpful since I was retaining some water weight from the Podium Gold creatine. Lastly, I noticed that DCP helped maintain the energy boost I got from the stim products, though as I mentioned, DCP alone did give me a good increase in energy throughout the day standalone.

In summary, DCP is good on its own, but definitely shines immensely with combined with other products.

DCP is not cheap, to say the least. The cheapest price I found was 44.95 for a full 30-day supply on DPS nutrition. While it is an effective product, I think this price tag is steep considering the competitive pricing of other popular known fat burners.

Side Effects

Increased sweating and mild diuresis induced by the product can lead to cramps and dehydration so make sure you are staying very well hydrated and replacing electrolytes.

Conclusion

In closing, DCP was a great addition to my recomp phase and I do see myself using it in future cutting or recomp phases. It can be effective standalone for those who prefer the stim free route, but seems more effective when combined with other stim containing products as a compliment to your regimen. Regardless, as I say over and over again, diet and training are your two most critical factors to your goals so don't overlook either for a second.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!