VitaMode Reviews

By: EVLution Nutrition

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
VitaMode is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

Overall
Overall
6.8
  December 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:

I've been going to the gym 9+ years, and went from skinniest weakest kid to making great gains in size and strength.. I've been taking a multivitamin for years to make sure I get adequate nutrients to go along with my active lifestyle. I was using Centrum on e aday for a long time, but switched to this product last year as it seemed to be more loaded, and bodybuilding.com has been having it for great promotions.

Vitamin A (as Beta Carotene) 10,000IU 200%
    Manganese (as Manganese Gluconate) 2mg 100%
    Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 120mcg 100%
    Molybdenum (as Molybdenum A.A. Chelate) 80mcg 107%

Phyto Nutrient Complex 100mg

Green Tea Powder (leaf), Hesperidin Complex (fruit), Deodorized Garlic Powder (bulb), Grape Seed Extract (standardized to 95% polyphenol) (seed), Fruit Blend [Orange Powder (fruit), Pineapple Powder (fruit), Apple Powder (fruit), Grape Powder (fruit), Blueberry Powder (fruit), Cranberry Powder (fruit), Papaya Powder (fruit), Elderberry Powder (fruit), Bilberry Powder (fruit), Black Currant Powder (fruit), Kiwi Powder (fruit)], and Vegetable Blend [Wild Yam Powder (root), Carrot Powder (root), Spinach Powder (leaf), Cauliflower Powder (head), Kale Powder (leaf), Brussels Sprouts Powder (edible head), Broccoli Powder (whole plant)]

Enzyme Blend 50mg

Lutein 500mcg
    Vanadium 100mcg
    Zeaxanthin 28mcg
    Bioperine 5mg

Taste and mixing is N/A here. The dose is to take 2 pills daily with a glass of water.

How do you really rate the effectiveness of a multivitamin and why the 6.8 rating in that department from me?

Well, this product doesn't have any iron in it. This product DOES contain Iodine at the RDA, which is good because it's pretty easy to be deficient in iodine, and this product also has 5,000 IU of vitamin D, which is way more than the RDA for vitamin D. Vitamin D is an important hormone in helping to make sure one has optimal testosterone levels, and vitamin D supplementation is also pretty important to have during the winter months. I really like that this product has a nice high serving of vitamin D in it. so what's the deal?

This product has iodine in it which is good and most people don't even supplement with. So I'm taking the RDA of iodine with this vitamin, yet some how on my recent physical (I asked for iodine to be checked because that's not usually checked) my blood work showed that I am Iodine deficient. How am I deficient in that when I am taking 150mcg which is 100% the RDA for iodine? Iodine is an important function is regulating thyroid functioning, and thankfully all my thyroid levels were right on point, so despite being iodine deficient i'm not going to worry too much about it because my thyroid is functioning properly.

2nd - I have on some tests showed testosterone being a bit low, and on my recent labs my testosterone was better, but still would like it to be a bit higher. This product has 5,000 IU of vitamin D in it, so I should have plenty of vitamin D... However, on my last blood report, my vitamin D levels were within range and I'm not deficient in vitamin D, but I was alittle bit on the low side of vitamin D, and was just inside the healthy range, on the lower part. So with this product having so much vitamin D in it, how am I just barely over the level to be in range?

This product is loaded and looks good from the label, and is a pretty solid product. Just not sure if it's absorbing as well, or what the deal is that I'm low in 2 nutrients on a blood report that this product contains the RDA and much higher in.

This product also has some green tea in it, however this product hasn't had any effect on me in terms of feeling any better, but i'm not going to reflect that in my rating because it's just simply a multivitamin I'm not taking it to feel anything from it, just to have the proper levels of nutrients.

Awesome value! I got 2 30 day supplys of this product - so 2 months worth, + a free t-shirt, for $20.60 on bodybuilding.com!!!

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

Pretty good multivitamin, awesome price! Just not sure why I'm iodine deficient, and have Vitamin D alittle bit lower than i'd like it to be, when this product is loaded with those 2 nutrients. Overall though, would recommend this product - it compares well to many other multivitamins, and when it has a promotion going on, that is a great deal that cannot be beat!

• JayT
      December 22, 2017

A men's multi shouldn't have iron and normally in the winter you'll see lower levels of vitamin D. Do you take your multi with food?

• mjtuf1
      December 23, 2017

@JayT - yes I take it in the morning with breakfast. And yes vitamin D does tend to be lower in the winter, but this supplement has 5000iu in it which is way over the rda for vitamin D, so Id expect to still be alittle bit better with vitamin D levels.

And I mentioned Iron because although my iron levels were healthy and you dont want too much iron, my iron was towards the lower part of the range as well.