Ranks #15 (better than 36%)
In: Amino Acids > Recovery

RE-BLD is a Recovery Product manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

Amino Acids > Recovery

garlick
TROOPer Level: 5

May 4, 2014

RE-BLD is made up of BCAA's, Creatine & Glutamine, and that's it. That's a fine combination, and it's definitely high quality ingredients. The Glutamine and BCAA's kept me from getting sore, and I had all the normal reactions to the Creatine. Where I'm missing the boat on this, is the instructions to take this post workout. Why would this be a beneficial post workout drink??

I get that these components are important for muscle recovery. We all know BCAA's and Glutamine are important for muscle recovery, but there are several other components that are missing when you consider a full recovery product.

When I look at my post workout supplements, I always start with a good base of whole protein sources, or partial protein chains, like hydrolized or isolate whey. RE-BLD completely dismisses large portions of the good properties of whole or partial protein sources, and claims that you can take RE-BLD on it's own, and get complete recovery. I'm not convinced, and this leaves me feeling like I've missed something.

As I stated, the ingredient profile is solid. The ingredients seem to be of high quality, and it did keep me from being sore. I just felt it lacked being a complete product, or it was stated to be used wrong. What I could totally see, is this being a very high quality intra workout drink, where you sip on it throughout your gym time. That would be perfectly fine, followed up by a protein shake, or some amount of carbs or whole foods.

On taste, I also wasn't extremely high on the Blue Raspberry. The watermelon would probably be better. It wasn't bad, just a bit tart, and left an aftertaste that I wasn't very happy about, but it wasn't bad, just not my taste.

Value is also fairly good, when you consider that you can get a BCAA drink like Scivation Xtend for $32 and RE-BLD is a similar cost or less, with Creatine & Glutamine included. So again, as an intra workout, it's actually quite a good product. As a post workout.....not so much.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Good Recovery
  • Could Be A Good Intra Workout
  • Bad Instructions