Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #11 of 13 (better than 17%) in
Amino Acids > Glutamine

GLU+ is a Glutamine Supplement manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. It contains glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue; It helps support lean muscle gain.
COMPARE SIMILAR

workoutguru
  March 26, 2015

Every once in awhile I like to throw in some Glutamine to use in my workout stack. I feel that glutamine can be really helpful for me when I use it from time to time. I had tried a couple EVL products in the past their Pre-workout and Amino product and really liked them a lot. I saw they had this product and thought I would give it a try since I liked there other two products I tried and plus I wanted to get back on some glutamine.

Ingredients:
Serving size 1 scoop
Servings per Container: 45
Vitamin A Palmitate (15,000 IU) 5,000 IU
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 60 mg
Vitamin E (Natural D-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate) 30 IU
Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) 6 mg
L-Glutamine 5,000mg

This is a pretty basic profile for a glutamine product with a few added goodies which I really liked. This is a little bit more than just straight up glutamine. This has a unique ace antioxidant blend plus B6 to create GLU+ Here is a little something I found on what each of these ingredients does. The benefits of these ingredients are
Promotes Recovery
Protein Synthesis
Ace Antioxidants
Immune Support

L-Glutamine - 5,000 mg
Anti-Catabolism helps minimize the breakdown of muscle.
Supports synthesis of muscle protein and cell-volumizing.

Ace Antioxidant Blend
Vitamin A - 5,000 IU
Supports cellular recovery after strenuous activity

Vitamin C - 60 mg
Supports muscle recovery and protein absorption.

Vitamin E - 30 IU
Helps limit the damage that free radicals can cause to body tissue after strenuous activity.

Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) - 6 mg
Micronutrient that plays important role in converting proteins and carbohydrates into energy.
Supports protein synthesis, cell repair, performance and recovery.

Value:
On most sites you can get this in the low $20 range for 45 servings. I feel that is a decent price for a product like this that is not just straight up glutamine.

Taste:
This comes in Blue Raz or Unflavored. I went with the unflavored since I was going to be mixing this with my protein right away after my workouts. I did not want to try and mix blue raz with my protein because that would probably not taste very well. If I was to get the blue raz I would probably only want that if I was going to take this in the morning so I would not have to try and find something else to mix the unflavored power with so I could stand to drink it. It just made a lot more sense to go with the unflavored instead since it was going to be mixed with my protein. Pretty much no taste to it at all. Maybe just a little bit of chocky taste to it but very minimal. Not sure how the blue raz would taste but if I was to guess I would probably say it would taste good coming from how well the flavors in there other products tasted.

Mixing/Dosing:
Had no issues at all with it mixing. The powder reminds me of flour. Very light and fluffy like. I would do one scoop right away after my workouts. That was pretty much the only time I would take this. I have heard of people taking this in the mornings also but I did not do that but I could have if I felt I needed a little extra recovery.

Glutamine is a product I like to supplement once in awhile in my workout stack. Do I find glutamine to be super important you should always take no not really but if you have the extra funds it's kind of nice to have. Every time I have been off glutamine for awhile and then start up on it again I start to notice a lot of strength gains right away and that is what happened to me when I started this product. When I notice these strength gains (which are pretty decent) they only seem to last for about the first half of the container and then on the last half of it they do not seem to be as noticeable anymore. Why this happens I don't know because this always happens when I take a glutamine product. It would be nice if I could get those strength gains to last longer through out the hole time I am using the product. It's like my body gets really use to glutamine right away where it does not seem as effective long term only short term. I feel like I have to cycle off glutamine after each time I use it.

I feel the extra things they added in here really helped me a bit more in my recovery and I felt better not just in my recovery but my overall immune system seemed to be a much better. At the time I started taking this I was just starting to get a bit of a cold and I feel this really helped me get rid of this right away where it only lasted a few days instead of a couple weeks or so like they normally last for me. It's great when you are really pushing yourself hard in the gym like I do and have a product like this to help repair those muscle tissues and help with protein synthesis and give you that extra energy like this product did for me.

Side Effects.
No side effects.

Overall:
This was a product I was very pleased with. Did for me just what I wanted and a little more with the extra goodies they put in here. I always really enjoy glutamine and feel it does a lot for me. This is a product I would for sure recommend trying at least once. When I am in the need of a good glutamine product this is the one I will for sure be going back to. Maybe next time I will give the blue raz a try. I think it's nice they give you the options of having a flavored or unflavored.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strength Gains
  • Improved Immune System