ENGN Reviews

By: EVLution Nutrition

Overall
Overall
Thanks to EVLution Nutrition for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Good
  • Mixes Easily
  • Amazing Focus
  • Caffeine Is Not The Main Ingredient
  • Expensive Especially When Two Scoops May Be Needed
  • No Pumps
ENGN

Thank you EVLution for sending me a tub of ENGN to try. You have been a great participant in the ER and TROOP program! I was interested in trying this due to some of the feedback from other SR members. When the opportunity came back around, I took it.

Taste 9/10

Orange Dream was very pleasant and refreshing. I used it alone the first few times to make sure the taste was good every time and I was happy with it for sure. Then I would mix in other things that I liked to take PWO and it never mixed badly with another taste either. Good job on this flavor for sure! The mixing was also a non-issue. Mixed well every time.

I personally did not notice much in the way of dyes with the Orange.

Profile 8/10

Niacin 35mg
B6 2mg
Folic Acid 800mcg
B12 25mcg
Beta-Al 1600mg

Creatine Complex 2000mg (mono, MagnaPower)

ENGN Mind to Muscle Matrix 2210mg:
Betaine Anhydrous has been shown to increase muscle mass and decrease body fat

L-Tyrosine mood enhancer, stress reliever

Agmatine Sulfate is a Nootropic to help memory and brain function

Caffeine Anhydrous, your basic energy

Infinergy is Caffeine & Malic Acid

Alpha-Glycerolphosphorycholine (aka Alpha-GPC) cognitive enhancer. One a side note, I hope I never have to spell that word again. They should start the spelling bee off with that and just eliminate 98%+ of the kids off the bat. Make it 15 minute show.

Choline Bitartrate is another brain booster that is normally paired with something like Alpha-GPC. Convenient it's in there isn't it?

Pikatropin increased blood flow to the brain and helps with some body functions such as hand eye coordination

Huperzia serrata extract, more memory boost

As you can see from the profile, I don't think you're going to forget anything while you are working out. There are lots of brain function supplements that may or may not be effective doses.

The creatine seems a little low at just 2000mg but most of us have creatine blended in with other things we are taking too, or we just add the right amount in.

I was surprised to see that caffeine was the 4th ingredient in the matrix. I am assuming that the matrix is listed from highest quantity to lowest. That surprised me because many pre-workouts have that listed as the first item because they are so focused on energy. Technically it is the 4th and 5th but that's still good they didn't just load it down with caffeine and hope it tweaks you. I actually give them a +1 for this.

Effectiveness 7.5/10

Like some other reviewers, I found that 1 scoop just didn't do it. I had to go 1.5 on most days but 2 on deadlift and squat days. I just felt I needed that extra boost of energy.

As far as my mood went when I was on this, I did feel more focused and in a "good place" while lifting. I can say that I have had one Pre that made me actually happy while working out (a little loopy to be honest) but this one was just a feel good type feeling.

This did give me that edge to push myself a little more and I could reach down and get some more drive for that last set. Honestly, it felt like the energy was almost hidden in it but my mind was in a state where I could easily go find the energy. I realize how "Harry Potter" that sounds but it's the truth. Strange

Value 7/10

As always, this depends on your needs and what deal you can find. $30 for 30 servings is the going rate. I assume I don't need to do the math to give you a price per serving? At one scoop, that is the normal value of a Pre. However, for me going $1.50-->2.00 a workout can get a little pricey.

Don't worry; there are specials on this all the time. Normally the specials come in B2G1 which would be a nice 90 servings for $60 but maybe you don't want to invest that much into something you're not sure about. I would suggest going with the single serving packs that can be had very reasonable to try it out then before going with the 3 tubs. If you like it, then the 3 for $60 is a sweet deal. You may even be able to mix and match the flavors too?

Overall 7.5/10

I liked this Pre for the different approach it had. They didn't focus on the energy as much which was refreshing. That being said, I'm a caffeine junkie so I like the energy to be pumping out my pores too.

I think there are 6 different flavors of this so if you can find a mix and match deal, you can really change it up a lot. That is pretty nice to not just see the normal 3-4 flavors.

If you are new to the game, are stim sensitive, or just need a break from overly stimulated PreWOs then I would give this a try. I think I may go for the B2G1 deal just to have some in my vault for another day. Thank you EVL, this is a quality product.

• mhseaver670
    August 4, 2015

I also had the feel good feeling on this. Not so much energy from Stims though, hard to explain.

• medinacirilo
    August 4, 2015

I think you nailed it, on the experience!

• DLP1
    August 5, 2015

Nice review Meuth. I'm a fan of low stim PWOs - my favorite is Nutrabio PRE. In fact I don't know how I got through workouts without a PWO. I may give this a try though. PS - you failed the spelling bee