ENGN Shred Reviews

Overall
Overall
  August 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Cherry Limeade
  • Sweaty
  • Long Lasting Energy
  • Not Too Much Pump

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
My goals are pretty straight forward at the moment. I am not looking to get super shredded or massive I just want to get to 1/2/3/4 lift and keep somewhat leaned out while doing so. I do not take any fat burning supplements outside of this product but I do keep a small caloric deficit at most times.

For the ingredients portion I will focus mostly on the "Shred matrix" which is the main thing that differentiates this product from the regular ENGN product that EVL offers.
CLA (500mg)
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (500mg)
Coleus Extract (100mg)
Yohimbe Bark Extract (40mg)
Capsimax (25mg)

As you can see, most of this is just stuff that you would find in most fat burning supplements but here they are meant to initiate the fat burning process along with the exercise.

Along with the "Shred matrix" the ingredient list is almost identical to that of the regular ENGN product so it comes with all of the problems that ENGN has as far as dosing (https://supplementreviews.com/evlution-nutrition/engn#pdbody-reviews). The only other big difference between the two is that this product comes with NO creatine which is to be expected in any product that has "Shred" in the title.

The taste are mixability are pretty much on par with the regular ENGN product: top notch. No clumping, no grainy texture, great taste, pretty much across the board the product excels on this front.

I think that the effectiveness is kind of a mixed bag. While I certainly sweat A LOT using this product, I wouldn't say that it inherently aids fat loss efforts more than any other pre-workout would. Aside from the staple of "It makes you actually drip sweat" I think that this is a pretty mixed pre-workout.

Energy and focus: the energy is probably the highlight of the ENGN line for me. It is long lasting, intense and doesn't lead to a crash. I feel as amped and ready to go an hour into my workout as I do 10 minutes in. As far as focus it kind of goes hand in hand where with these two things in synthesis the product makes it kind of hard for me to leave the gym sometimes.

Power and Strength: this is where my experience with ENGN Shred is a little bit disappointing. I do not get any real "increased power output" from this product and I feel that I am no stronger than if I just drank a cup of coffee before hitting the gym. If anything, the lack of creatine can lead to decreased power output and strength (i sometimes add my own monohydrate)

Duration: As I mentioned in the focus and energy part, the longevity of this pre-workout is pretty outstanding. With even a half scoop I am motivated to stay even past the 1.5 hour mark with no real side effects.

The value is pretty run of the mill for pre-workouts with it coming in at just about $30/30 servings depending on where you look. I don't think that it is necessarily an unreasonable price considering how much some other pre-workouts are these days but it limits me from going to wild with buying it as it is more than I would like to spend most of the time.

Side Effects

I don't think there are any real side effects to mention other than the aforementioned sweating thing. Personally i loved it but if you don't like to sweat too much at any one gym session (first of all: you're weird) then this product might not be for you.

Conclusion

Overall i think that ENGN Shred is a solid choice for a pre-workout and while there are certainly better options out there for some people this is one that i will keep in my supplement shelf for the foreseeable future.
  • Cherry Limeade: 10/10

• MarsheS
    August 12, 2017

You didn't mention which flavor you got...