ENGN Shred Reviews

By: EVLution Nutrition

Overall
Overall
Thanks to EVLution Nutrition for sending it out!
  December 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Long Lasting Energy

EVL ENGN SHRED: This pre-workout combined with regular training can support, better workouts and weight management. Which is exactly what I am always looking for. I found this product to give me a nice kick in the pants for my workouts.

I am a 46 year old guy trying to fight the ravages of time. Time that seems to be coming to get me a little more than it did before. During this run I was trying to increase strength and lose fat. You know the "Holy Grail" of us fitness junkies. I was lifting 4 days a week and doing some form of cardio most days. I want to say thanks to the SRTrooper program and to EVLUTION NUTRITION for allowing me the opportunity to try this product. Feel free to check out my log for more information.

Pages 85-88

Niacin@30mg (not the biggest dose but a good entry point)
    Vitamin B6@2mg (I take a multi vitamin, so I say skip this one)
    Folic Acid@800mcg (same thing)
    Vitamin B12@25mcg (under dosed, so I would skip it)

Mind to Muscle Matrix (hated prop blend crud) 2016mg
    Betaine Anhydrous, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tyrosine, Agmatine Sulfate, Alpha-Glycerolphosphorylcholine, Hupersine, Club moss.
    So we know these are not "maxed" out dosages as just the first ingredient can be taken in dosages of 2500mg. I have however started to notice as I age that "Clinical" dosages are not always necessary for me. It still worked for me, and that is what is important to me.

ENGN SHRED MATRIX:

CLA@ 500mg/ Normal dosage is 3200 to 6400mg daily, so if you add to this it could help get there.
    L-Carnitine L-Tartrate@ 500mg/ Same thing here, I would bump the dose up to 1000mg's
    Colous Extract@ 100mg/ Suggested 250mg's 2x a day. Supposed to help burn fat
    Capsimax@25mg/ I personally am not a big fan, dosage here seems ok for me anyway
    Yohimbe Extract@40mg/ Yohimbe is a interesting product as depending on strength you get different results. At this level I had no issues, some people do not react well to it so be aware it is in here.

ENGN Energizers:280mg

Natural Caffeine, Green Tea extract

This is interesting as it seemed to hit pretty good for me. Interesting because GTE I can take 500mg of and not really feel, caffeine I can go between 100mg and 500+mg's in a dose. This is not on the high end, I would like to know how much caffeine. I think it would help people who are stim sensitive.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the Furious Grape. I will not say that it tasted bad. I didn't hate drinking it, which means it is probably pretty good. I am not really a grape flavor fan. I did enjoy getting to try something I wouldn't normally add to my cart, however I would probably pick another flavor in the future. You can adjust the taste by changing the amount of water. I used more than suggested.

I had no real issues with this products Mix-ability. I use a shaker bottle with a metal whisk and it worked for me. I do tend to get a little fine white chalky stuff on the sides of my container if I don't wash it every time. But that is a me being lazy, not the product not mixing.

Suggested dosing is 1 scoop in 8oz of water 15 to 30 minutes before training. I used between 6 and 12oz of water and settled on 10oz. That is where the taste was most palatable for me. Timing really isn't an issue either. Most of the time I was in their suggested use, however I had a couple short times and long times. When short I just didn't feel it until I was into my workout a little. When I waited due to other peoples needs I still had the desire just no the "perfect" start.

What can I say ladies and gentleman. This was a step up from the Previous Pre I was using from pro-source. I had great workouts in my opinion. I felt like lifting heavy things, as well as not minding some extra cardio. I don't know that I really lost a lot of weight, but I feel tighter if that makes sense. I think that if I continued with this it would continue to help.

As of 12/4/2018 I found the following prices.

Bodybuilding.com has it listed for $34.99 for a 30 serving container.

They have it for the same price on the manufacturers website. $34.99 for 30 servings.

For me this currently is a really good deal. This had the kick that I wanted and I didn't "Get used to it" during my run. I worked everyday, so for a little over a buck a day I can deal with it. I still in my stinginess will look for it on sale, but hey who wouldn't? It is $5.00 more than Yeah Buddy which I also like but it is cheaper than NutraBIO's Pre which is $5.00 more than this.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product. Those of you who are sensitive to Caffeine might need to check your tolerance out, but for me this was good.

Conclusion

My take away on this is if you are interested in a pre-workout you can go out and grab this. Cool thing is Walmart stocks it, or at least in my location it does, so if you forget a pre on vacation you can grab some pretty easily. I found my run on this to be enjoyable and I think it was beneficial. Somedays it gave me the pick me up that I needed. Somedays it just helped to push me a little harder. I would think that whether or not you are strength training or looking to increase endurance you could find a use for this product.
    • Furious Grape: 7/10