Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #10 of 30 (better than 69%) in
Creatine > Blends

CRE+ is a Creatine Blend manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.
COMPARE SIMILAR

workoutguru
  April 5, 2015

I was looking for something different than just regular creatine and came across this product. I really liked what I saw in the ingredient profile and thought I would give it try. I have tried a few other products from this company and really liked them and figured this would be another good product by EVL.

Ingredients:

Magnesium (as MagnaPower magnesium creatine chelate) 80mg
Creatine Monohydrate 3000mg
Magnesium creatine chelate 1000mg
Creatine Anhydrous 1000mg

This is a pretty solid profile I think for a creatine product. Has a few more things in it than your regular straight up creatine product which is nice. This has a pretty high dose of creatine per serving which I like. I like the different kinds of creatine they put in here instead of just one kind. HCL creatine I believe is a newer kind of creatine and have heard is suppose to be one of the best kinds because you need less of it and is more effective. I believe this is my first time using any kind of product that has HCL in it and from my experience I really liked it a lot.

Value:
Most sites you can get this around $22. I think for a product like this it is a pretty good deal.

Taste:
I decided on the unflavored rather than the blue raspberry. I would be mixing this with my protein after my workouts and figured it would be a lot better mixing it with unflavored rather than blue raspberry. I am sure the blue raspberry would taste good and maybe at some point I will get that to try instead. Really not much taste to it. Maybe just a little bit of a chocky taste to it.

Dosing/Mixing:
All you need is 1 scoop post workout. In each scoop you will be getting 5g of creatine which is a good amount so there is no need to take more than one scoop especially if you are getting some creatine in your pre-workout also. I feel the best time to take this is right away after your workout and that is how I took this through out the whole container. Seemed to mix fairly well I thought but then again I was mixing it with my protein shake so it was kind of hard tell how well it really mixed. It has a real fine like powder to it that kind of reminded me of flour. I noticed every time I tried to get a scoop out I was always getting some of the powder on my hand and it made for a little bit of a mess. Would be kind of nice to have a little bigger container so your hand can fit in there better so you don't make a mess.

I found this to be a much better product for me than just regular Mono creatine. Having the extra things in here I feel really helped me a lot more. I noticed that when I was on this my strength gains started to go up a lot and all my lifts just felt better. I noticed I was starting to put on a lot more muscle mass and my muscle started to look more full. I also noticed that my DOM's were a lot less after my really hard workouts. Now that I am done taking this and then started back on my regular creatine I have noticed my DOM's are back and it's not been fun. I believe this really helped me at limiting my DOM's I would get which was nice. Some of the benefits from this is helping with recovery and endurance and overall I thought my recovery and endurance from this was much better. I did notice a bit of bloating in my stomach from this which I did not like but then again you have to realize that you are getting a high amount of creatine each time you use this and that can cause for more bloating to happen. This also made me feel more full in my stomach where it was a little harder at times to eat a lot when I would get home and get ready to eat supper.

Side Effects:
The biggest side effect I noticed from this was the horrible gas it gave me. For some reason creatine in high amounts like this gives me horrible gas. It was like clock work for me. Shortly after I would take this I would always start to get this horrible gas and was so bad. It was the kind of gas that would knock you out. This part really annoyed me a lot because I had to be careful who I was around shortly after I took it because it was so bad. It would usually last for awhile and then finally start to go away.

Overall;
This turned out to be a very enjoyable product for me minus the horrible gas it always gave me LOL. It was great being able to try something that was a little more than just plain old creatine. I feel the HCL was very much worth having in a product like this. I found out that HCL is a little more expensive than regular mono creatine but feel it is very much worth the extra cost because of how well it works. If your looking to try something a little different than your plain old creatine I would for sure recommend giving this a try. For the price and amount of servings you can't go wrong with this. I know I would be more than willing to use this product again when I am in the need of creatine.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Recovery
  • Tastes Great
  • Some Bloating
  • Possible Bloating At Higher Doses
ron

September 10, 2014

----------------Claims-----------------------
When used with a combination of regular training, CRE+ Supports Strength, Endurance, Recovery and Muscle Growth

--------------- Ingredients -----------------
One 6g scoop contains 750mg Creatine HCL and 4250mg Creatine Monohydrate. This leaves 1000mg for natural and artificial flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Silica, Acesulfame Potassium and FD&C Blue #1.

--------------- Taste / Texture ------------
I had the Blue Raz flavored version. The taste was pleasantly sweet and tart at the same time. Very easy to drink and I never tired of the flavor. A few times I even mixed it with my post workout shake consisting of chocolate flavored Isolate and instant coffee. As bizarre as those flavors may sound together, it was actually pretty good. It mixed completely and easily every time.

--------------- Dosage ----------------------
Suggested use is 1 scoop with 8oz of water immediately post workout which is exactly what I did from the beginning to the end of the tub.

--------------- Value ------------------------
Creatine is a very cheap supplement that can be had for less if purchased as straight monohydrate. However, this contains the additional HCL which is reported to be the best creatine you can buy and therefore you will pay more for its inclusion.

GNC’s normal price is $30 but if you are gold card member you can have it for $26. Since the tub contains 60 single scoop servings, this is easily under 50 cents a day. Certainly not a bank breaker.

--------------- Effectiveness ----------------
During my time with this product I changed workout routines and was experiencing some very heavy DOMS. Around that same time I heard of a creatine dosing protocol in which you used warm water instead of cold.
Theory: Spike your creatine levels just before you spike your insulin levels for optimal muscle creatine saturation.
I was skeptical, but figured “why not?” So half way through my workouts, once my intra drink was finished, I would refill my shaker with warm water and 1 scoop of EVL CRE+. The effect was noticeable the very next day and within 2 days, my DOMS was completely eliminated. Remarkable!!!

*Note - Several weeks later I have moved back to the giant tub of Optimum Nutrition’s Micro Creatine I keep in the pantry and the DOMS are back in full effect.

--------------- Side Effects -----------------
As I was experiencing heavy DOMS during my run with this product and recovery is one of its advertised benefits, I thought that increasing the dose from one to two scoops might be beneficial. The only thing this did was give me major abdominal bloat roughly 45 minutes after consumption which severally ruined my ability to finish a normal sized dinner later that evening. To top it off, I was even more sore the next day. So all the way around, the extra scoop was just not worth it.

--------------- Final Words -----------------
HCL is reported to have a bioavailability 50-70% greater than mono and as such will need only 0.8g per 100lbs. as opposed to mono at 3g per 100lbs. As this is the first product to my knowledge that I’ve consumed containing HCL, I am sold. In the future I will have no problem paying a little extra to make sure this high end creatine is a staple in my daily stack.

As far as EVLution Nutrition’s CRE+ is concerned. I will be seeing you at your Olympia Expo booth next week and plan on purchasing some more of this excellent product!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Recovery
  • Tastes Great
  • Possible Bloating At Higher Doses