BCAA Lean Energy Reviews

By: EVLution Nutrition

BCAA Lean Energy is an Energized BCAA Supplement manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. It provides both BCAAs and stimulants to help keep you awake, energized and your muscles fed.

Overall
Overall
  February 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Burning Ingredients
  • Tastes Great
  • Some Ingredients Are Under-dosed

Big fan of EVL Nutrition products and have been using this one for quite a while now. The first tub I ever received was for free from the company in exchange for an honest review on BB.com. After trying the flavor, this is has been my favorite BCAA product to date. There are multiple versions of BCAA products from this company, each with little differences. This one is the "fat burning" version with energy. Forum intro post can be found here: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Vitamin C 90 mg 150%
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 30 mcg 500%
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) 10 mg 500%

L-LEUCINE (2500mg)
Helps supply energy to muscles and support muscle protein synthesis.

L-ISOLEUCINE (1250mg)
Supports muscle tissue development, recovery and lean body mass.

L-VALINE (1250mg)
Plays a key role in supplying energy to muscles.

5 grams of 2:1:1 BCAA's per serving

L-Alanine 500 mg
Taurine 500 mg

RECOVERY ENERGY AND ENDURANCE BOOSTERS*

BETA-ALANINE (500mg)
Delays muscular fatigue to enhance strength and power. Also improves endurance and recovery from training*

L-ALANINE (500mg)
Supports glucose production for usable energy, endurance and recovery*

TAURINE (500mg)
Supports cell hydration, metabolism and mental focus in combination with caffeine*

NATURAL ENERGIZERS

GREEN COFFEE AND GREEN TEA (110mg)
Natural Caffeine sources for cleaner energy and antioxidants

Across multiple products from EVL, the cherry limeade flavor is my favorite. Two scoops in a shaker full of ice cold water is perfect in my opinion. No aftertaste or anything negative to say about this flavor. Even after watering this product down, it is still enjoyable for me to drink. I feel like I can get multiple uses out of a single serving.

Mixability is perfect with this product. The aminos are instantized using the registered AminoBlast technology. A little bit of foam after shaking, likely from the Leucine. No blender ball required for this product. Never had an issue with this product clumping in the container as well. Nothing bad to say here.

Dosing in terms of the BCAA's is right where most other amino products are at (5g per serving). The "Energy Lean Matrix" ingredients are dosed towards the lower end in my opinion but this should not be your main fat loss product. They do provide a nice little boost no matter what time of day I take them. Some of these ingredients also help with focus, which is always a plus in my book. If you happen to stack this product with a good pre-workout that contains many of the same ingredients in the matrix, this may help prolong the effect throughout your workout.

Personally I use this product as an intra workout after taking my pre workout. Most of the research done on BCAA's show that they are most effective when used intra workout. I typically start to use these in the middle of my workout when my energy starts to lag. I don't mind the extra caffeine and everything else is not dosed high enough to make a huge impact on anything else. It is effective at helping push me through the rest of my workout until I can get a post workout meal in. In terms of the BCAA's helping to stop muscle breakdown, I will leave that up to each individuals own opinion on if they believe the research or not.

Currently you can purchase these on the EVL website for $20. Each tub contains 30 servings of the product, so you are looking at less than $1 per serving. Sometimes EVL runs some deals on their website, so you can get these at even a better value than retail. If these were just BCAA's, the value would be pretty good in my opinion. With the added extras, the value increases for how I use them. Yes, you can find standard BCAA products at a lower cost, but these have the little extras and a flavor I really enjoy, which is why they are my go to.

Side Effects

Personally, never had any side effects with product. None of the fat burning ingredients are dosed high enough to really cause any issue. It does contain Beta-Alanine but only 500mg. If you are a person who is extremely sensitive to Beta-Alanine, you may feel some tingles from this product but most others probably will not.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this is my go to intra workout product. It has everything I want in terms of the BCAA content along with the added extras to push me through my workout. The flavor is perfect and I can easily drink it while doing intense workouts. EVL has never steered me wrong with any of the products I have tried from them. I could also see this product being used pre cardio or as a throughout the day energy drink replacement.
  • Cherry Limeade: 10/10

• DaSlaya
    February 7, 2018

Good review. Going forward though, please comment your thoughts on the ingredient profile. Too many people at this point just write down or copy and paste the label. I like that you wrote what each does, but dosages compared to RDA or what you want out of it, is great to hear as well!

• dmf8625
    February 9, 2018

Thank you for the advice. I will do this on my future reviews.