BCAA Energy Reviews

By: EVLution Nutrition

Overall
Overall
Thanks to EVLution Nutrition for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Profile
  • Smells Awesome
  • Some Under Dosed Ingredients
  • Not Enough Servings
I received this product through SR Troops, and I have always been a fan of anything BCAA. For a long time I was stuck on Modern BCAA but having be able to try something different out I was pretty psyched.

Ingredient: C -

Serving Size 2 Scoops (9.6g)
Servings Per Container 40

Beta-Alanine (as Carnosyn) 500 mg
L-Alanine 500 mg
Taurine 500 mg

Natural Energizers 110mg
Natural Caffeine (From Coffee Bean), Green Tea Extract, (Standardized for EGCG)(leaf)

Personally to me this product is under-dosed. My first gripe with this product is that its missing Glutamine. I thoroughly believe that glutamine should be a staple with all BCAA as it helps with recovery greatly. Maybe also throw in some electrolyte prop blend to help with recovery and endurance.

Secondly the Caffeine and Green Tea Extract for me should not be a part of any BCAA, because when stacking this with other PWO that have caffeine in it, you get a higher dose than you initially wanted.

I like the added benefits of Taurine and L-Alanine though of this product.

L-Aline supports glucose production for usable energy, endurance and recovery.
Taurine supports cell hydration, metabolism and mental focus in combination with caffeine.

------------------------------------------------------------

Dosage/Taste: B - The dosage is very simple, 2 scoops during your workout. I used this strictly as an INTRA drink, hoping that it would help with blood flow, endurance, stamina and then eventually recovery for the days to come. The taste was pleasant. Definitely better as you keep diluting it with water. Not as sweet and becomes very pleasant to sip on.

------------------------------------------------------------

Effectiveness: C - Did I notice a mild recovery in my performance, yes I did. Did I notice the lack of DOMS in the following couple of days after a brutal workout, not really. The DOMS were there, they were bad, they hurt, it almost felt good. Most BCAA are made for the purposes of Recovery, and if thats the only issue I am basing this review on, then it really barely delivered in that area.

Energy: B - The energy at 2 scoops was quite nice. Although when I would sip it with my PWO that was high in caffeine there were many times where I felt light headed almost dizzy and wanted to pass out. Maybe on it's on the energy would be good, but we all know, PWO are a staple for most people, so I feel like a BCAA product should just be that a BCAA product.

------------------------------------------------------------

Value: C - Look for about $27 you get 40 servings if you use 1 scoop. But most people will want to up the scoopage 2 even maybe 2.5 scoops to really feel anything worthwhile on this product in terms of recovery and performance. If so the servings drop to half and sometimes even less than that. So is it worth the price tag, def not.

------------------------------------------------------------

Overall: 6.5 - Overall this product gets a solid 6.5 for me. Here is how I break it down. If you are going to use a Stim Free PWO and 2 scoop this product, then who knows maybe it will work wonders for you. However, if you do 2 + scoops of this product with a stimulant based workout, not only will you probably pass out during your workout, but you'll also be throwing your money in the wind. Keep the money in your pocket and eat more meat.

• SRBrandMan
    Rep for this Brand
    July 22, 2015

Gkeezy, thanks for leaving your feedback on BCAA Energy. I've forwarded your comments on to EVL HQ and they appreciate the honesty and time you put into writing this review and running the full tub of the product.

One note on your review that EVL would like me to correct is on the value of the product. You stated that each tub of BCAA Energy contains 40 1-scoop servings. The bottle actually contains 80 1-scoop servings which is equivalent to 40 2-scoop servings.

Again, thanks for your honest feedback on the product and EVL is very happy you enjoyed the energy and taste it provided. They just wanted to point out the actual correct serving size in each container.

• Gkeezy
    July 22, 2015

SRBrandMan I then apologize for my mistake in the write up. However, even if the value is higher, the actual performance part did not work for me, so the overall score would remain the same.