(Better than 48% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

BCAA 5000 Powder is a BCAA manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Overall
Overall
  November 4, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Better Endurance
  • Helps Build Lean Muscle
    I had been wanting to find a simple and very plain BCAA product I could add when ever I needed a little extra recovery and saw EVL had come out with this product. I know a few companies have started making amino's in pill form and some in a plain powder. I did not realize they had this in pill form until after I got the powder. The pills would be nicer to have because they are a lot easier to take but you get 30 less servings in the pills than you do the powder so I think I will stick with the powder.

Ingredients:
    This is your very basic and simple BCAA product. It is a 2:1:1 ratio which I like. The ingredient profile for both the pills and powder are the same but the only difference is the number of servings. All your getting in here are aminos mainly and just a few other added ingredients which they don't list on the label but show them on their website. They are Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, and Microcrystalline Cellulose.

Value:
    Right now the only place I can find the powder form is on bodybuilding.com for $26.99 for 60 servings. I think that is an ok price for this. Maybe just a little high considering this only has bcaa in it and nothing else added.

Taste:
    No taste really. It comes in just a plain unflavored powder.

Mixing/Dosing
    Had no issue with it mixing. It has a very find like powder to it. Since this is unflavored I had to mix this with some kind of flavored drink because it tasted horrible by itself. I would just mix a scoop with what every flavor drink I was using and it seemed to mix well with it. This has 60 servings in it. On the label they say to take up to 1-3 scoop daily I would only take one scoop each time I used this because I knew I would be getting more amino during my workout. I will explain more in the effectiveness part how I dosed this and when I used it.

The whole purpose of me wanting to use this was to have an extra BCAA product on hand I could use when ever I felt I needed a little extra recovery from my harder workouts like legs for example instead of having to use more of my regular amino I use just for intra workout. I did not always use this every day only when I felt I needed it. I mainly used this in the mornings before I would go to work or at night before I went to bed. Those were the two times I would use this and then use my regular aminos intra workout. This really came in handy for me after some of my grueling leg workouts or other really hard workouts I had. If I could tell my legs were going to be a lot more sore I would take a scoop of this before bed with my protein and then again in the morning before I would go to work. I really wanted to help cut down the DOMS as much as I could in my legs and it seemed to help a lot. Most of the time it was in the mornings mainly when I would use this and only once in awhile at night just depended on how I felt from my workout. I feel this really helped eliminate a lot of DOMS I would get. When I would take this before I went to work it made me feel better and had more energy and endurance and felt less sore. I think it also helped me more with my workouts later in the afternoon because I would not feel as sore and better recovered. I think this worked great for what I wanted to use this for. I never used this during my workout but I very easily could have and know it would have worked. It's just your basic amino product and nothing more than that and it works. It was just nice to have to help give you a little extra recovery when I needed it.

Side Effects:
    Nothing to worry about.

Overall:
    I really enjoyed this product a lot. For the way I used it, it came in very handy for me and seemed to help me a lot. I would for sure like to have another container of this but it's not super important to have all the time. I guess if I have a little extra funds to spend then I might throw this in my stack of supplements to use. I would for sure recommend this and maybe use it the way I did if you need some extra recovery.