Ranks #52 (better than 60%)
In: Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

A-10 is a BCAA manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

WarMachine
TROOPer Level: 70
  April 4, 2015

---Introduction---:

Huge shoutout to DanTheManski and EVL Nutrition for allowing me to try out their superb amino product A-10. A-10 is an amino acid matrix designed to support stregnth, recovery, hydration, and performance. It is recommended to use a serving of A-10 intra and post workout. However, during the second half of my Mass drops/4-AD cycle, I experimented in all three zones of my workouts including pre, intra, and post to assess its full spectrum benefits. Needless to say, this stuff truly delivered in all categories.

---Ingredient Profile---:

As it's name indicates, A-10 consists of an effective matrix of well-known beneficial amino acids

Sodium 106 mg 4%
Recovery Boost 3,000mg †
L-Alanine, L-Lysine HCl
Neuro Support 935mg †
L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine

Their is also an inclusive system of vitamin c, D3, and electrolytes to help support immunity and hydration. I am especially fond of the fact that there aren't any straight up prop. blends meaning all of these ingredients in one indicated blend at a potentially under-dosed amount. Each amino appears properly dosed in their own blends. Overall, a solid ingredient profile.

---Taste/Mixability/Dosing---

A-10 comes in raspberry lemonade, blue raz, and orange dream. I requested to try the orange dream and it was certainly a dream in terms of taste. It had the right level of tartness and sweetness with no unpleasant aftertastes or burps. A-10 mixed perfectly fine in water or a sports hydration beverage; no undissolved grit or clumping. In terms of dosing, I used one full scoop with each serving I intended to take. I most often took A-10 pre or post workout. I don't think multiple servings are necessary, but that's up to the user.

Similar to what FlyJay did in his review, I am going to categorize this for a more thorough breakdown:

Energy (8): While A-10 is not a pre-workout, when I did take it primarily pre and intra workout, I benefited from a noticeable clean energy flow that kept me consistently pumping out through my workouts. This was especially handy during my high volume sets.

Recovery (9): This was definitely one of A-10's strong points in my experience. My recovery between sets and mainly post workout was highly improved. DOMS over the course of the days was much less and overall fatigue was down. I found myself more able to move quickly through my workout with reduced rest periods.

Endurance (7): I generally always have great endurance, but as noted before, A-10's fatigue reduction benefits allowed me to power through higher volume sets more frequently with less strain. I also had some improved cardio sessions where I was moving through high speed HIIT cardio intervals more efficiently with longer periods and less rest time. In addition, during my boxing sessions, I could perform harder and faster punching movements with better exertion. All in all, a satisfactory improvement in endurance.

Pump (7.5): The added citrulline and arginine helped compliment the pumps and vascularity the mass drops and 4-AD were giving me and I could definitely feel my muscles having increased fullness during a majority of my lifts.

To summarize, A-10 delivered in several areas of what you'd want from an amino acid supplement.

A 30-serving tub of A-10 runs for about 25 dollars. Being that most of the amino supps on today's market run for around 5-10 dollars more, I think this is a very good value especially given the positive experience I had with A-10 in comparison with more expensive products.

Side Effects

The only side effect I saw was anger when the tub ran out lol. In all seriousness though, like others who've reviewed A-10 have pointed out, the excessive use of dyes is a drawback. While this shouldn't affect the efficacy of A-10 itself, this could discourage some more stringent health conscious users from trying A-10.

Conclusion

Getting past the dyes, A-10 is a product that is sure to satisfy any user looking for an effective amino acid product that provides energy, pump, endurance, and recovery. Also, with a price of 25 dollars, it is certainly worth a try at the least. I would recommend it as one of my top overall BCAA products thus far. Just remember, there is no substitute for handwork.

One last shout out and thank you to DanTheManski and the EVL boys for hooking me up.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Pump
  • Taste
  • Endurance
  • Dyes
  • Need More Servings Per Container
  • Scooper Is Too Wide For Tub
FlyJay
  March 22, 2015

What's up SR! Big shout out and thanks to DanTheManski and Evlution Nutrition for allowing me to review their BCAA product, A-10! A-10 is an amino matrix product that can be used as an intra and post workout supplement. For the purpose of this review, I used A-10 as an intra-workout supplement.

Evlution Nutrition provided full disclosure of the ingredients in A-10, which I find to be very helpful when evaluating a product.
A-10 has roughly 10g of BCAAs, hence the name “A-10”. Here’s a quick breakdown of the amino profile:

4:1:1 BCAA Matrix – 3g
“Muscle Ammo” – 3g
Recovery Blend – 3g
Neuro(logical) Support – 1g

Additionally A-10 also has potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin D3. The product advertises that it:
- promotes recovery
- promotes muscle endurance
- promotes protein synthesis
- is anti-catabolic
- is gluten free

Taste
BR – 6.5/10
Blue raspberry wasn’t really the blue raspberry I was expecting. I hoped to find a sweet and tart flavor, but was instead met with something completely different. To my surprise, it reminded me more of the fluffy blue cotton candy found at a fair. I also noticed a slight “film” on my tongue. This flavor isn’t bad, I just don’t know if I’d call it blue raspberry.

RL – 9.5/10
One of the best raspberry lemonade flavors I’ve had so far. The taste is very refreshing and provides a “clean” feeling. It has a slightly tart raspberry taste at the beginning, which is then followed by smooth lemonade. This was especially nice to have in between heavy sets or HIIT cardio, as it gave me motivation to continue so I could reward myself with another sip. I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of this.

Mixability
A-10 mixed pretty easily with cold water. I didn’t try it with any sports drinks but water worked just fine. The powder would start dissolving without any shaking, then completely mix when the bottle was shaken. The recommended amount of water per serving is 12-14oz, however I usually had about 18-24oz and didn’t notice any dilution issues.

The serving size is one scoop, which is actually a pretty large scoop of nearly 13g. I do have one complaint with the shape of the tub/size of the scooper. It can be somewhat difficult to get a full scoop on one try when down to the last 10 or so servings. I think this is because the scooper is too wide for the tub. Like mentioned in the intro, I used A-10 as an intra-workout so it was consumed during my workouts.

I’ll break this section down into a few parts.

Endurance:
This was a hit or miss for different body parts. I noticed that I could do more reps with accessory exercises such as calf raises or bicep curls but nothing really changed for compound movements (squat, deadlift, etc). However, I do think A-10 helped me with cardio. I usually do 15 minutes HIIT cardio and would normally be pretty exhausted by the end of those 15 minutes. While using A-10 I felt like I could push myself more during the HIIT cardio.

Recovery:
Recovery time definitely decreased. Instead of taking 3-5 minutes rest between heavy sets on power days I was able to reduce that time to about 1-2 minutes. This was nice, especially on days where I was rushed on time.

Soreness:
I don’t normally get that sore, but will sometimes ache after doing a heavy leg day. I noticed less soreness after a heavy leg day which I attribute to the recovery blend in A-10.

The average price for 30 servings seems to be about $25, which puts it on the more cost effective side per serving. I think this is a competitive price for A-10.

Side Effects

A concern for A-10 is the amount of dye (ie. FD&C Red 40) used to color the powder. I personally don’t think it’s a big deal, but it could be removed and wouldn’t affect the effectiveness.

Conclusion

I was disappointed when I reached the bottom of the tub as I enjoyed using A-10. It can also be used as a post workout supplement and I found myself using it as that as well as an intra-workout. The price is competitive and the product works well. I would recommend to anyone looking to decrease his or her recovery time and increase endurance.

Thanks again to DanTheManski and Evlution Nutrition!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Taste
  • Dyes
  • Scooper Is Too Wide For Tub
Mooselini
  June 5, 2014

What's up with all these amino products on the market today? It seems like there are hundreds if not thousands that we the consumer have to weed through to make a good decision. Personally I don't like doing this, finding ones not loaded with crap fillers and unnecessary ingredients, that the companies tell us we need when all we are really doing is wasting money. Well im hear to tell you that A-10 is one of the few that generally lived up to my expectations. While it does have a good amount of dye, the recovery and clean energy I felt more than made up for this. The ingredients are very good and it looks as though EVL is one the select companies with a high regard on quality.

Some Highlights:
-I like the inclusion of L-Arginine, Citrulline and Taurine because honestly I am a good responder to all three

-Of course the 4:1:1 ratio is included which is great because that is what was studied at the exact same dose

-When I mixed this with bio-gro my recovery was insane

- The Neuro blend is a nice touch, and while is may seem on the low side, you can def feel the L-tyrosine

So effectiveness will get an 8

While some people are not that big into Amino products, I like to keep one on hand and have always been a responder to the 4:1:1 ratio with recovery and performance. Since I could actually tell a difference when I took this versus when I didn't, I rated it on the higher end of the scale.

Taste: 9

Straight up taste like blue raspberry c4 or a jolly rancher its that good. Yes it has the unnecessary dye included, which I hate but it tastes so damn good that you will try to look past that.

Price: 8

This is one of the better-priced supplements on the market. At right around $24-$30 for a 30 serving tub most people can afford to at least try this. I also have seen this for as low as $19 which is a solid price, like most people who shop around you will be able to find this cheaper if you look.

Overall: 8

At the end of the tub it turned out to be a very good amino product. From taste to recovery I noticed when I took this. Like I said previously the best way to take this is mix it with bio gro, because of the opportunity to never be sore lol. EVL A-10 for the win!
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Improved Recovery
  • Needs Better Dosing
  • Need More Servings Per Container
  • Dyes
workoutguru
TROOPer Level: 70
  June 5, 2014

Here is my second of two products by EVL I get to review on here thanks to Isplisgardt their rep for them on here. I was never suppose to get this product but he was able to hook me up with it when I asked him about possibly being able to try a second product also along with their PWO ENGN. It's been great getting to try their product line and hope they keep adding more products to their line. Thanks again for letting me try your products and hopefully I will get to try more of them in the near future.

Ingredients:
L-Arginine, L-Citrulline, L-Taurine
Recovery Boost 3000mg
Neuro Support 935
L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Silica, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Red #40

Here is a little better break down of what each thing does that's in this. When I got this product and the ENGN they sent me two things that listed each ingredient and explained what the product is and what each ingredient does. I found this to be pretty helpful and really liked that they sent me these.

BCAA Matrix - 3000 mg
L-Leucine: Helps supply energy to muscles ans support muscle protein synthesis.
L-Isoleucine: Supports muscle tissue development, recovery and lean body mass.
L-Valine: Plays a key role in supplying energy to muscles.

Muscle Performance Ammo - 3075 mg
3 gram combination of L-Arginine, L-Citrulline and L-Taurine
Supports performance and endurance during training

Recovery Boost - 3000 mg
L-Alanine: Supports glucose production for usable energy, endurance and recovery.
L-Isoleucine: Recovery support and key component of protein synthesis and collagen formation.

Neuro Support - 935 mg
L-Tyrosine: Supports energy, focus, and mood
L-Phenylalanine: Supports enhanced mental stimulus

Vitamin Complex
Vitamin C: Supports repair of muscle tissue and collagen production
Vitamin D3: Supports muscle and bone health

I like the overall ingredient profile on this. This is a little different approach they went with for a BCAA product and I liked that. This will give you a nice pump, help rebuild those muscle and give you some good aminos. They could maybe add just a little more aminos but it's not that important if they don't.

Value:
Most site that sell EVL products I noticed are usually the same. I don't see much of a price difference from one site to the next. You should be able to get this for $25 for 30 servings. I think that's a decent price for an amino product. I would like to see them come out with a larger size container especially if you are one who wants to do 1.5-2 scoops.

Taste/Mixing/Dosing
I see this comes in two flavors Blue Raspberry and Raspberry Lemonade. I was kind of tired of Blue Raspberry so I decided to give the raspberry lemonade a try. I was a little disappointed in this flavor. It was just a little to tart and bitter for me. I also noticed it had a little bit of a chemical taste to it and it had a little bit of a weird after taste I thought. It's not something I thought was horrible but I just got really tired of wanting to drink this on each workout after awhile. I am sure some people will really like this but it's not for me. If this was a pwo I would not have cared because I could just slam it but you can't do that with BCAA's you have to sip on them during your workout. Knowing how the raspberry lemonade tastes I would like to try the blue raspberry next time and hope that flavor tastes better.

Mixing/Dosing:
No issues at all with mixing. It mixed very well. It does have a light pink color to it when mixed. I would rather it have no color to it because then there would not be any dyes in it which I am not a big fan of. I only used 1 scoop and seemed to work fine. I could have upped it a little but felt no need to do that. I know on the other reviews on here they did 1.5 scoop at times which you could do if needed.

I was very pleased with this product and how it worked for me. I felt much better endurance and recovery from this. I like the added pumps this gave me at times. That was a nice little bonus I thought. The neuro support in this was also nice to have because it helps give you some better focus and improves your mood. I felt I was able to keep going sooner between sets and push a little harder. If your one who has tried many different amino products like I have you will know better how they work and what to except from them.

Overall:
I liked the approach they went with on this product and was very pleased with it. It did what I was hoping it would do and a little more. The negative would be taste. I would be will to try this again but unless I was able to try another flavor I would have kind of a hard time wanting to get his again. I guess if it's free I am not going to complain much. I think this is a solid and effect BCAA product that works and worth giving a try. It's also nice that it won't break your wallet and price decently for a BCAA product.
Meuth
TROOPer Level: 43

May 8, 2014

WEVLution Nutrition is a new player in the supplement game. They are up and coming with a good product line. I was in need of an intra and A-10 had my interest. After looking at the profile and talking with Blade, I bought some to give a try.

Taste BR 7/10 RL 9/10

I bought the tub of blue raspberry because they were out of the raspberry lemonade. I was asked by our resident rep Isplisgardt what I had bought since I mentioned picking some up in a comment. He graciously sent me the RL that I wanted to go along with the BR I ordered. Good looking out!

The BR was good and I really like to judge the taste of this flavor since pretty much everyone has this flavor in their products. This was a very good BR but it did leave a little film in the mouth after drinking it. I didn't really mind that too much but it's worth noting. The RL was great! I'm glad to see this flavor getting more attention from companies. I think they nailed this one ! I always looked forward to sipping on both of these during my workout as the flavor wasn't overpowering but there was enough flavor to not be watered down either. On point for sure! I do think the dies were a little high. I could care less if my BR drink is blue for instance.

Profile 8/10

L-Arginine, L-Citrulline, L-Taurine

Recover Boost 3000mg

Neuro Support 935mg
L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine

Overall I like the profile. A good BCAA with pump, building, repairing, and focusing aminos added. A slightly different approach but one that I like.

Effectiveness 8/10

It works, plain and simple. Most of the quality intras work well and this is no excpetion. My endurance was better, recovery improved, and I liked the pump I got at 1.5 scoops. Depending on what I was doing for the day, I may only take 1 scoop for shoulders or arms but I pretty much always took 2 for legs, back, and chest. If you've had an intra before, then you know what to expect here and you won't be disappointed.

Value 7/10

This area of supplements goes for $23-39 for 30 servings across most of the major brands. This here falls in at $25 for 30 so it's on the lower end of the spectrum. Based on the effectiveness and the added pump, this is a good value in this category.

Overall 8/10

This product did everything I hoped it would. I had more endurance for longer workouts and my recovery time was improved. The taste was very good and it mixed well. This is a quality intra in my view and I'll be buying more since it doesn't break the bank.

Something that goes unmentioned a lot is the SCOOPA. The one that comes with this has a long handle (50cm) that makes it easy when you're getting those last scoops out of the bottom of the narrow diameter container! Thank you for not giving us a short scoopa! Size matters!

My one suggestion is to add some AstraGin. I respond well to that and I can tell a difference in the effectiveness of aminos when I do use it. I may buy some AG on the side to use with this next time to see if I can tell a difference. I would also like to see larger containers for more servings, say in the 60-80 range. If you need an intra to add to your stack, I say give this one a try!

rite a detailed and thorough review here. Please, no swearing! DO NOT POST QUESTIONS!
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Improved Recovery
  • Pump
  • Long Handle Scoopa
  • Need More Servings Per Container
  • Dyes
Blade410
  February 22, 2014

Hello members, up for review today is EVL Nutrition's A10 amino matrix. EVL is a newer supplement company, seems like many of those lately. Thanks to the company for supplying some ERs with their line.

Ingredients 8: This is an solid profile, all of the ingredients are fairly dosed and includes a lot of extras not normally found in intra workout products. The ingredient listing is for each scoop:
4:1:1 BCAA Matrix 3000mg
L-Leucine (Instantized), L-Isoleucine, L-Valine

Muscle Performance Ammo 3075mg
L-Arginine, L-Citrullene, L-Taurine

Recovery Boost 3000mg

Neuro Support 935mg
L-Tyrosin, L-Phenylalanine

I would have liked to see a bit more BCAAs from the 3G dose. I like the pump matrix and neuro support matrix. The only other note is the dyes. This was fairly heavy on dyes, not the worst but definitely noticeable. Overall a solid entry into the market

Dosing: One scoop will deliver the serving of ingredients. 30 servings total. I typically took 1.5 scoops per workout.

Effectiveness 8: Like most intra workout supplements, this works in a very similar manner. The BCAAs help reduce soreness and the inclusion of pump and neuro support are nice added bonuses. I could notice the increased pump from the citrulline. At 1.5 scoops I could notice a boost in performance and recovery.

Taste 9: Blue Raspberry. Very good, but a bit much on the dyes.

Value 8: At only $25 plus shipping, this product is one of the better values on the market. Most intras retail for 35+ so with this coming in at 25 is a nice price point.

Conclusion 7.5: As a new entry in the market, this definitely performs well. It is priced well and had solid ingredients. I would hope for the product to be slightly better dosed. Check it out.
  • Needs Better Dosing