Epiq Isolate Reviews

By: Epiq

Overall
Overall
  August 9, 2014

With my job I get to use a ton of protein powders, this is one of them. I will start with saying I used the vanilla flavor which was actually pretty tasty, I'm normally a chocolate guy. I'll jump right into it.

Profile-6/10
20g Protein
1g Fat
0g Sugar
3g Carbs
100mg Digestive Enzymes
100% Protein Isolate Matrix
Other Ingredients: Isolate Protein Blend (From Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate and Isolate-Grade Calcium Caseinate), Protein Synthesis & Recovery Blend (Taurine, Glycine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Carnitine, L-Tartrate), Maltodextrin

Ok to start I do really like the idea of a pure isolate protein powder, however this mix milk protein with whey and casein, the two parts of milk protein. Since the amounts of each are not listed I cannot really say for sure but this protein would appear to be heavier on the time released side since milk protein is roughly 80% casein and 20% whey. This would make this a solid protein to use throughout the day. Now the bad news, sorry to say it again but this protein is probably amino spiked because of the "added" amino acids. Short and sweet amino spiking is when you add amino acids to a protein in order to boost the total amount of protein in the blend

Effectiveness-7/10
I used this protein in the morning as well as mixing it with greek yogurt before bed and I did notice solid recovery but nothing insane or crazy as compared to a normal protein blend.

Price-7/10
around $60 for 50 servings is not too bad when we're talking pure isolates but because this is a protein blend it's not really suited well for post workout unless you double up on the scoops which will obviously decrease the value.

Overall-7/10
Despite being amino spiked I do like this protein to use with my breakfast and before bed since it is a mix of whey and casein. Taste is good and the value with the way I used it was good enough for me.