Epiq Isolate Reviews

By: Epiq

ARTICLES

Protein > Whey Protein
Epiq Isolate is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Epiq. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

5.5
  December 14, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Flashy Packaging
  • Serious Bloated Feeling
---Introduction---
I have been looking for a good whey protein supplement to gain some extra lean muscle mass. I tried some generic whey proteins before, but was currently looking for the best quality. Epiq isolate got some good reviews on other sites and I decided to give it a try.

One scoop contains 110 calories, of which 15 calories from fat (1,5g saturated). 35 mg of cholesterol and 4 grams of carbohydrates and glucides. Just 1 gram of sugar, and 20 grams of protein. The protein consists of Milk protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, whey protein isolate.
I am not a real pro concerning wheys. After doing some investigations concerning the different types of whey, I concluded that whey protein isolate and whey protein hydrolysate probably are the best types of whey for my goals. Isolate should be free of any additives or other junk and also lower in carbs. As I am not looking to bulk up, but just gaining lean muscle, I decided to go for the isolate one. Epiq claims to deliver superior quality whey, but if you are just looking ad adds every manufacturer claims to do just that.
After reading some different reviews, 20 grams of protein per serving is not that much in comparison to other types of whey. The most products I have seen range between 20-25 grams of protein.

The chocolate taste is actually allright. The mixability however is not. I was kind of surprised, cause in none of the reviews I read any problems concerning the mixability. Clumps remain even after a proper shaking.

It is hard to measure the exact effectiveness of a whey protein in my opinion. After all, muscle building effects are based on a combination of good proper exercise, appropriate food and many other factors. I excercised regularly before without any protein, and did see some increased results after the use of Epiq, my gestumate is i saw some better results then when using generic type whey products.

Epiq goes for 40 dollars for 1,5 kilograms. After my purchase and some research I found you can get proteins rated higher (on supplementreviews) for a better price, with more grams of protein per serving

Side Effects

As mentioned in the introduction I tried some generic whey products before without any side effects. Epiq however caused me some serious bloated bellies. Working out should be about pushing weights and your limits, not about pushing your gas and food down during the day.

Conclusion

I Did see some results when using Epiq islolate. The taste is good. The mixability could be better. The major downside of this supplement was the bloated feeling it caused. I actually threw the container in the bin when I still had 1/3 left. I will nog be buying this one again. Besides the bloated feeling, which could be solely a side effect that i personally experienced, I think you can get better quality whey for the same price.

August 9, 2014

With my job I get to use a ton of protein powders, this is one of them. I will start with saying I used the vanilla flavor which was actually pretty tasty, I'm normally a chocolate guy. I'll jump right into it.

Profile-6/10
20g Protein
1g Fat
0g Sugar
3g Carbs
100mg Digestive Enzymes
100% Protein Isolate Matrix
Other Ingredients: Isolate Protein Blend (From Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate and Isolate-Grade Calcium Caseinate), Protein Synthesis & Recovery Blend (Taurine, Glycine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Carnitine, L-Tartrate), Maltodextrin

Ok to start I do really like the idea of a pure isolate protein powder, however this mix milk protein with whey and casein, the two parts of milk protein. Since the amounts of each are not listed I cannot really say for sure but this protein would appear to be heavier on the time released side since milk protein is roughly 80% casein and 20% whey. This would make this a solid protein to use throughout the day. Now the bad news, sorry to say it again but this protein is probably amino spiked because of the "added" amino acids. Short and sweet amino spiking is when you add amino acids to a protein in order to boost the total amount of protein in the blend

Effectiveness-7/10
I used this protein in the morning as well as mixing it with greek yogurt before bed and I did notice solid recovery but nothing insane or crazy as compared to a normal protein blend.

Price-7/10
around $60 for 50 servings is not too bad when we're talking pure isolates but because this is a protein blend it's not really suited well for post workout unless you double up on the scoops which will obviously decrease the value.

Overall-7/10
Despite being amino spiked I do like this protein to use with my breakfast and before bed since it is a mix of whey and casein. Taste is good and the value with the way I used it was good enough for me.