PerformElite - Endurance Pre-Workout Reviews

By: EndurElite

(Better than 51% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

PerformElite - Endurance Pre-Workout is a Pre-Workout manufactured by EndurElite. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

February 13, 2018

• Fights Fatigue
  • Increase V02 Max
  • Transparent Label

Whats up guys, today I am reviewing PerformElite by the company EndurElite. This is a stimulant based PWO that is meant to improve your endurance during your workouts and give you the energy and focus to crush your lifts out of the park. Whether you are using it for weightlifting or you're an athlete using it to perform it has a wide variety of benefits that would be good for anyone.

Peak O2 (Ganoderma lucidum, pleurotus eryngii, lentinula edodes, hericium erinaceus, trametes versicolor) - this is full of herb ingredients that aim to help you improve endurance during your workouts. Overall these ingredients help improve immune system and also increase the rate your body produces testosterone. The large difference between all the ingredients in this section is the way they act on your body. Some of the ingredients start working immediately once your body starts breaking them down and others do not start taking effect until almost 1 hour after they enter the body.

Beta Alanine (3200mg) - The is a prime time dosage. For the most part I rely on BA to give me the extra reps after a long workout, and in most products that is what this ingredient aims to do. It helps you increase the amount of reps performed by decreasing muscle fatigue and improving endurance. I have a very good outcome with the dosage of 3.2-4.0g. The PWO with this range, I find works wonders and is why I prefer PWOs with BA in them.

Anti Fatigue and Focus Matrix -
Choline Bitartrate (100mg) - Choline is used to produce more acetylcholine in your body. For those of you who don't know, acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter responsible for activating the muscle at the Neuromuscular junction. Without this NT your muscle will not fire. By increasing the amount of Acetylcholine in your body the more your muscle can work when you are lifting (very simple language).

Huperzine-A (.05g) - This is another ingredient that is meant to increase the amount of acetylcholine. This in supplementation with the ingredient listed above make for a good combination to allow your muscle to contract and work at maximal capacity.

Extended Energy and Endurance Blend

elevATP (200mg) - I did not necessarily know what this was so I had to look it up. One place I found states that this ingredient "improves athletic performance, promotes increase power output and training volume, and supports lean muscle and strength."

PURENERGY (150mg) - this is a caffeine complex. This is claimed to deliver caffeine to the body 30% faster than normal caffeine ingredient.

Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg) - everyone should know this one.

I received the Fast Fruit Burst flavor. Overall I feel that it was pretty good, and it was not too sweet or sour. As far as mixability goes it mixed well with nearly anything I mixed it with. I usually used a 12 oz blender bottle, but I also tried it with a regular 8oz glass of water. There was no settling and I did not have to mix it multiple times before I could drink it again. Dosing - one scoop had 10 grams of powder in it, a normal amount in my opinion.

In terms of endurance (what this product was made for ) I thought it did the job exceptionally well. I usually took the product when I knew I was going to have a long workout combined with cardio and lifting. If I was there for 1 hour or 4 hours I got the same effect. This is particularly important when you are trying to lose weight because you need the extra energy to perform the cardio after the workout. I have been trying to lift as hard as possible and I frequently found myself fatiguing toward the end of the lifts. When I received this product it really helped me extend my workouts. I experience a great amount of focus while on this product. You know usually I like to look at the scenery around the gym (if you know what I mean), but I commonly found myself so focused on the workout that nothing else mattered. I was able to focus on what number I wanted to hit with what weight and I commonly succeeded. The focus and energy I received from this product helped me get crazy pumps that last a long time after I was done with the workout. As for muscle and strength gains there was not really much there. I am not docking this product for no results in this section because this PWO is strictly made for endurance and this company hit it out of the park.

On the the company's website I found the same 25 serving tub for $39.99. I also found the product on ebay.com for $44.99 for 25 servings. $40 is a decent price for a PWO, but i usually like to keep the price range between $30-$35.

Side Effects

At first there was no side effects to this product. After taking it for several weeks I started to have frequency and loose bowel movements. It was not on the level to where I was running to the bathroom, but I had to make sure I went before the gym or I was interrupting a workout.

Conclusion

Overall this company made a good product to increase any athlete's or weightlifter's endurance. It incorporates many different ingredients made to improve max endurance, reduce fatigue, increase the rate at which your body rids of lactic acid, and gives you the energy you need to work out as long as you would like. Good job EndurElite with this PWO.
  • Fast fruit burst: 8/10

• Transparent Label
  • Competitive Price
  • Clinical Ingredients
  • Purpose Built

Big thanks to EndureElite for sending this out, and even including a personalized card with instructions on how to get the best out of every serving. So now that winter is over and I have a physical fitness assessment coming up, I really need to focus on my cardio and what better way to enhance my ability than to take a supplement that is designed for just that? Well the folks at EndureElite say they have the perfect solution for those who actually like runnning (lol) but it can also be used for endurance bikers and swimmers. So lets have a look at this and see what we get.

One look at the ingredient profile and you can tell this is dedicated to endurance and fighting fatigue. The profile is as follows:

VO2 Boost Complex
    Beet Root: 1,670mg This is a natural ingredient that is know for its ability to increase nitrogen in the blood which can have a positive effect on fighting muscle fatigue and increasing endurance.

Taurine: 1,500mg has the ability to burn your bodies stored fat cells rather than doing a preemptive carbohydrate loading process. This could help an athlete from experiencing a pre-event bloat from carbohydrates

Peak O2: 1,000mg This ingredient is starting to become quite popular in products as of late. It is a blend of mushrooms that have been shown to increase the users power/endurance output over time.

'Lactic Acid Neutralizer'
    Beta-Alanine: 3,200mg An amino acid that is vital in increasing muscle endurance under load. More muscle endurance means less overall fatigue during an event.

'Anti-Fatigue and Focus Matrix'
    Choline Bitrate: 1,000mg This is a very important ingredient for endurance athletes because of its ability to work after several hours of non-stop activity. The downside, is if your sporting event is short (under and hour) you may not reap all of the rewards of this.

Actigin: 50mg this ingredient is designed to promote a better absorption/utilization in the body. When your body can absorb and utilize ingredients, then the overall effectiveness of a product will go up. I have personally used pre-workouts with this in it, and am currently taking a stand alone product of this and can tell you that it is the real deal.

Extended Energy and Endurance Blend:
    ElevATP: 200mg this is the primary antagonist for putting energy in your body to prime it for a competition.

PureEnergy: 150mg this ingredient is the result of combining several different forms of caffeine to create a "super caffeine"

Caffeine: 150mg finally this is your standard pure caffeine ingredient

While having an energy blend in this product is nice, because it gives you that "buzzed" ready to go feeling, I don't feel as if this much was needed. Too much caffeine for endurance can be a bad thing.

The flavor I got was fast fruit burst, while the initial taste is decent given the ingredient profile the aftertaste can be unpleasant to some. This is definitely not a product that is trying to sell you on being the best tasting one out there, but by no means is it awful.

Mixability is a non factor. 10oz of water, sit for 10 minutes, give it another shake and consumer 30 minutes prior to event. The company does recommend that you shake the tub prior to each use so you get the best dose possible.

Speaking of dosing, all you need is one scoop which is 10 grams. This is a great serving size for a product of this nature.

DISCLAIMER****So first things first, this product IS NOT made for weight lifting. It is not sold as such, and the company will even tell you this. However, some folks could still use it for that purpose but they would be those who are more into Crossfit or functional type fitness competitions who need to max out their endurance rather than overall brutal strength.

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way lets talk about performance. In regards to boosting endurance, this stuff rocks. First day of using this was a 3 mile trail run (1.5mi each way), with some brutal hill sprints. Not only did my legs not turn to absolute mush while on the run, I found it easier to breath and not feel like an absolute waste of space (btw, I really hate running). Second rendition was a hero WOD where it was 10 rounds for time of 10 burpees, 100m run, 10 pullups and another 100m run. Fatigue again was not a factor for this. I may not be super in shape, the fastest, or the strongest, but I certainly wasn't the most fatigued of the bunch. I even cheated a dose of this by giving a serving to my daughter before her state swim meet. Needless to say this works for water events too. She averaged taking 2+ seconds off every single event she swam in, without showing fatigue over a 4 hour meet. This was all coming off of her fighting a sinus infection all week, with lack luster breathing abilities. Needless to say, the ingredients in this are effective and purposely built for success.

So this can be bought on their site for $39.99, but for the fact that free shipping is included which will normally run you $5 the to your door price is $34 dollars. Per 25 servings this comes to be $1.36 a serving. This is very competitive given the category that this falls in. Comparing this to a product like Top Secret's cardio igniter, it might cost more by 20 cents but the ingredients that you get which are proven, and you get a fully disclosed label puts this leaps and bounds over its competition. This is a great deal based on what you are getting compared to others.

Side Effects

The only real side effect that I would have, is if I took this and didn't have an elongated cardio workout, I would have some trouble sleeping that night. I am not sure if the two are related (I suck at sleeping anyways) or if it was just me. Just something to possibly consider.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this stuff is the real deal when it comes to endurance sports. Again, you are not going to become the next worlds strongest man while taking this, because simply that's not the reason it was made. However, if you are an endurance athlete or someone who likes running, biking, swimming for whatever reasons, then this can help you push farther and longer than you thought was possible. When it comes time for me to really kick it in with my cardio, this will be my new go-to product.
    • Fast fruit burst: 7/10

Overall
    Overall
    7.1
    6.9
    5.3
      January 25, 2018

• Not Well Rounded

What is up guys?? We have another pre-workout review today (because who doesn't love those) and as always I'd like to thank all the people at SR and EndurElite for making this review possible! It's always a privilege to be able to voice our opinions as reviewers here to hopefully help someone out there make a more educated purchase.

1 scoop: 10g (25 servings total)
    'VO2 Boost Complex'
    Beet Root: 1,670mg This is the nitrate pump/ vascularity inducing vegetable. Nitrates can improve blood pressure and improve Nitric Oxide status inside the body.

Taurine: 1,500mg *taken from an article by Emily Barnhart CSCS* Endurance athletes, or anyone who does a lot of steady-state cardio, may benefit from taurine's ability to burn fat instead of carbs, but strength or power athletes aren't likely to see a difference in their workout from taurine alone.

Peak O2: 1,000mg Designed by the manufacturer to increase an individuals VO2 max and aid the athlete to be able to perform their vigorous tasks. It's a lot of herbs and plants that is nice to see on a label, but appears to be underused to see any maximum benefits.

'Lactic Acid Neutralizer'
    Beta-Alanine: 3,200mg The official endurance juggernaut. It is listed at its preferred clinical dose for maximum benefits and is one of the first things I look for when looking for any pre-workout to try.

'Anti-Fatigue and Focus Matrix'
    Choline Bitrate: 1,000mg Appears to help you run the final miles of a marathon (or any exercise lasting longer than 2 hours) because your blood chosen levels significantly drop when performing for that long at a time. All the studies I read, however, were involving doses of 2g or more.

Actigin: 50mg I've heard great things about this supplement and have never used it until recently. I just claimed an actual bottle of Actigin so I can't wait to see what this thing can do in higher doses. I've never had a pre-workout containing Actigin and LOVE to see it on the label because it makes all the other supplements 'more efficiently absorbed and used.' NutriLiv claims 50mg to be the minimum doses for positive effects.

Extended Energy and Endurance Blend:
    ElevATP: 200mg the main energy kickstart in this pre-workout
    PureEnergy: 150mg A combination of a form of caffeine and other energy stimulants
    Caffeine: 150mg
    It's safe to say that this thing has your caffeine energy kickstart covered lol.

Taste: Fast Fruit Burst was a clean refreshing kind of taste. I definitely enjoyed drinking it (which is opposite of many pre-workout drinks that I've had to choke down in the past.

Mixibility: As easy as it's ever been, Just a couple good shakes and it dissolves right into whatever drink you have in your blender bottle. No issues to report.

Dosage: I received special instructions from the company to drink 30 minutes before 'endurance/cardio exercise. The company also recommended shaking the tub for 5-10 seconds before each use and mixing one scoop into 8-16oz of water. I of course was using this before my strength/hypertrophy workouts so I was very eager to see if it would still have positive effects even If I wasn't using it for running.

As I stated above, I used this product while doing a bodybuilding style training split. I used a lot of volume and drop sets in my workouts so I figured it could extend the life of my more vigorous lifting sessions with minimal rests. The Beta-Alanine was clearly evident from the start. I got those tingles 10-15 minutes into every workout and I loved every second of it. Endurance is the name of the game here, I was truly able to grind out longer workouts while using this product. The pumps, however, were almost nonexistent. I guess that's to be expected when the name of the company is EndurElite. The energy kickstart at the beginning from the ElevATP and caffeine is a clean but powerful kickstart. It really 'woke me up' before every workout without fail. Endurance and energy was great with this product, but that was about all there was to it.

The price is $40 on the manufactures website plus they always do free shipping. this comes out to $1.60 per serving. This is too expensive to be my everyday pre-workout as it really isn't made for lifters but provides great endurance benefits regardless.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

For what it's worth, this is a good endurance supplement that can provide energy and extend the life of your workouts. I think runners or other kinds of endurance athletes would absolutely benefit a lot more from this product than your everyday gym rat.