EliteAmine Reviews

By: Elemetx

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
EliteAmine is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Elemetx. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
6.7

June 3, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Reduced Muscle Soreness
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Improved Endurance
  • Poor Value

First off, my sincere apologies to Elemetx for the delayed review. It was unavoidable due to medical reasons. But hey, look on the bright side - I just read the notice to please post my review, so like, you know, I'm replying immediately. ;)

Please note that my rating may be a bit goofy and I apologize in advance. I felt that the kindest thing to do was rate this based on two scoops; in that way I could at least show that I believed it to be an effective formula and product and that it had real potential if the price dropped. So yes, the value is low at two scoops, but at one scoop the effectiveness is non-existent for me personally, and I don't think that would have given an accurate picture. Again, my apologies if I erred.

This profile has a serious pedigree. a 2:1:1 ratio of instantized BCAA, glutamine and Sustamine, HICA, and Actigin. There's also a few other things such as coconut water, potassium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B5. In my honest opinion, and I'm by no means an SME, if you're bringing a BCAA product then it all starts with the BCAA's. I like the instantized form and I can deal with the 4g. 8g would be far more desirable. I'm a big supporter of NuLivScience and use both ActiGin and Astrigin daily; however, the capsule of ActiGin that I take is 50mg compared to the 10mg here. And finally, also a user of Sustamine and purchase it bulk along with other analogs such as peptide form or other bonded glutamine's. I take about 10g of a mix but I always find it curious that stand alone Sustamine products use 1g serving sizes and blends more commonly use either 250 or 500mg. Although mixed with regular glutamine most studies say increases the effectiveness so it's got that going on for it.

But in general, great ingredients, just really under-dosed for me to consider as a competitive choice at one serving. At two servings, ok, but then again, that impacts value as I will cover later on.

But kudos for the profile - I liked it and I would definitely consider a product that contains these things.

I loved the bubblegum flavor. It's weird and goofy, just like Seaver. It was actually quite refreshing in 20oz of ice cold water. Very little foaming. Very little grit. Well done.

I started with 1 scoop but felt that it was less effective than other products I was using so I increased to two scoops. Now if you go through my review history, you'll see that I try everything to stick to the recommended serving size. But for me at a Shamu like 270 lbs; it just wasn't cutting it. I suspect many other larger lifters might find the same results.

I use an intra more of insurance - focusing on chronic effects rather than acute. And like Ron said in his review - I just don't think this would be something I would reach for at one scoop. At two scoops I think it matched up fine with my other choices. I currently use my own mix of PeptoPro, AjiPure BCAA's, the glutamine blend, etc so really it's not fair to compare it to that blend (thanks to Omega Sports Strive blowing away any price sanity that I might have once possessed). But what I'm saying is that for me, and my training needs, and intra is really important. I mean REALLY important. And this has some benefits - great flavor and consistency and great raw materials, just not enough at one scoop. It did provide endurance and recovery for me at two scoops and tasted fantastic, so that's a real benefit.

I can over look the minor issues with dosing in the profile if something is effective. But it simply wasn't for me at 1 scoop. That's really the end of the story. Fortunately I tried 2 scoops and found that it compared very favorably to other top shelf products - something to keep in mind if money's of no consequence (you know, for people like Frankie.)

This is where the wheel come off the bus. I mean really came off the bus and rolled down into the gully. This sells for $38 (the price has dropped) for 25 servings at one scoop. If you can use one scoop, then that's $1.52 per serving. That's on the high side of intra products. Entry level amino/intra products sell for around .75 per serving. If you have to use 2 scoops, then it's not even in the realm of consideration at $3.04 per serving.

Compare against Omega Sports Strive, which I mentioned earlier - you get 40 servings for $45 or NutraBio Intra-Blast which is 30 servings for $36 - two products that I get stellar results from and come in around twice the active ingredients -EliteAmine is a 7g scooop size and these average 16+grams, I don't think it's any mystery why it compares favorably in effectiveness at two scoops - you just have to use enough to compare to the big boys. But the value just isn't there at this price range. Sorry guys.

Conclusion

Like I said - loved the ingredients, hated the price. And yes, price does matter. When other top shelf intra products such as Strive or NutraBio Intra-Blast bring so much more per scoop at the same price point, it makes it impossible for me to recommend this. Which is a shame because it's a solid entry into the market with superior flavor and consistency. Change the price or size to make it affordable at two scoops and I'll give it two thumbs up.

Overall
Overall
4.5
  March 16, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Quality Ingredients

Claims

---------------
Supports muscle growth and reduced DOMS
Helps increase muscular endurance and performance
Supports optimal intra-cellular hydration

Ingredients

----------
EliteAmine has a fairly short list of ingredients, but they are on the high end of what you want to see in a quality intra-workout drink. Well, at least what I want in regards to muscle building, recovery and hydration.

To help build that quality lean muscle mass there is L-Glutamine Sustamine, HICA and of course the necessary branch chained aminos in the desired scientific ratio of 2:1:1.

To increase your workout endurance and recovery you can't go wrong with ActiGin and a little coconut water.

Lastly, to round out your intra-workout hydration needs you've got the electrolyte trio Potassium, Sodium and Magnesium.

All great ingredient choices for an intra, but are they in a quantity that equals quality benefits? Keep on reading.

Taste / Mixing

------
Directions state to mix one scoop in 8-16 oz of water or preferred liquid and consume during your workout. Also for optimal results it is suggested you consume a second scoop after your workout.

Personally I only ever used one 1 scoop with 20 oz of cold water during my workouts and it always mixed great with very little grit or foam.

Flavor-wise this appears to only come in Bubble Gum Punch and I think that name describes the taste quite well. With 20 oz of water it was very light in flavor, not overly sweet and quite refreshing. I thoroughly enjoyed this product and never tired of drinking it during my workouts.

-------
The scientific studies supporting EliteAmine's ingredients will tell you this stuff works and I honestly believe the individual components do exactly what they claim to do. Well, at least in a low level kinda way. Sadly, there just isn't enough of the good stuff in EliteAmine to give the average 180+ pound body builder the desired effects wanted or needed. Perhaps at higher dosages the benefits would be more pronounced, but at the suggested single scoop, this product truly can't live up to its full potential.

-----------

Side Effects

---------
Zero negative sides to report.

-----------

----------------
A 25 serving tub of EliteAmine can be found on the elemetx website for $47 ($1.88 per serving). However to save a few bucks it can also be found at Supplement Source for $40 ($1.60 per serving). In either case, this is downright expensive when compared to the rest of the intra-workout market.

Unfortunately, price is not the only issue. At only 7g per scoop, this is really a 2+ scoop product and that is where the value really falls on its face. I believe this product could be really beneficial with a larger dose, but honestly I didn't want to burn through this tub in 2 weeks by using 2 scoops a workout.

Final Words

---------
Unfortunately for elemetx, this review comes right on the heels of my current favorite intra-workout which blew EliteAmine out of the water when comparing effectiveness and value. I realize elemetx is a smaller company from Canada and perhaps when they expand their market base they can become more competitive with their products. Unfortunately that isn't the only thing holding them back. The severe under-dosing of several ingredients kills this product and that is a shame because the chosen flavor and ingredients are excellent!

To elemetx:
Rework the recipe to include clinical dosages for all ingredients and cut your price to around $1 per serving. Without that, I'm afraid you are doomed to fall by the wayside like so many other pixie dusted products.

To the fitness community:
This product has great potential at double the suggested dose, but if you can't purchase it for less than $15 at the current recipe, keep shopping.

3.0
  February 20, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Reduced Muscle Soreness
  • Fully Disclosed
  • No Dyes
  • GMP
  • Needs More Servings For Each Tub

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Huge thank you to elemetx for their support of the SR/Troops program. I really enjoy the Troops program because it lets you try new products. EliteAmine is a high performance recovery aid. Eliteamine is made in a GMP facility. Now let's see how it stacks up. Also the shipping can take a while which makes sense once you get the box they are a Canadian company.

Everything is straight forward with eliteamine it's a 7g scoop with the BCAA ratio of 2:1:1 for 4G. But wait there is more. Elemetx also added 700mg of L-glutamine, 500mg of HICA, sustamine 250mg, and coconut water fruit extract 300mg. It's a pretty simple profile for what you are getting.

The flavor I received was bubble gum punch. This is one of the many reasons why I wanted to try this the flavor itself seems to be really interesting which it was. It was like having a pack of big league gum. It was really good stuff. Take 1 scoop per serving. Mixing it was pretty easy there was no clumping issues. It doesn't tell you how much water to mix it in so I usually did 16oz. The container that it came is was pretty cool there was no plastic seal around the top of the lid. Instated elemetx use a zip tie for you to open it up. It would be nice to see more companies do this.

Was eliteamine effective? Yes but it really worked at 2 scoops to really notice a different in soreness and a reduced on-set of DOMS. Which at 25 servings can add up pretty quickly. I also wasn't nearly has fatigue in-between my workouts. Lately I've been doing some of Rich Piana bigger by the day workouts which means you're spending a lot time in the gym doing crazy set's and reps. While taking eliteamine the coconut water, and the glutamine both really made a big different with the hydration from the coconut water fruit extract and the glutamine really helped with my muscle fatigue and repair. I also work in a physical demanding job and the combination of the two can be pretty brutal on my body. But during my run of eliteamine it really helped reduce muscle soreness from the different actives I was doing each day. Overall it was really effective but could be very costly on your wallet.

On the Elemetx website 25 servings on eliteamine goes for 46.99 but that's the price you would pay for in Canada they are not in the U.S. yet.

Side Effects

Other than following papa Rich exercise videos no side effects.

Conclusion

EliteAmine was really effective but you will need to take more the 1 serving to really see a difference which will cost you a lot. You might have to ask uncle Rich for a loan if you want to finish his three or four month putting on size and mass.
  • Bubble Gum Punch: 10/10

Overall
Overall
5.1
3.0
  February 13, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • No Dyes
  • GMP
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Natural Flavors And Colors
  • Reduced Muscle Soreness
  • Underdosing
  • Poor Value
  • Poor Value EVEN When Cost Comes Down
  • Taste Not For Everyone
Thank you Elemetx for this product and for participating in our SRTROOPs program!

Supplement Facts + Introduction
I am a frequent user of Amino Acid Supplements, and surprisingly they don't all work?! It is interesting when I come across FULL PLEDGED BCAA products like Intra Blast, given it has the entire kitchen sink it still didn't help me with recovery.. In my past I have had a similar product to Amine, but it didn't work! Fast forward to the present and I decided to claim Elemetx EliteAmine simply because the formulation and flavor intrigued me, and to my surprise it work?

Starting off we have a 7g scoop with a FULLY DISCLOSED LABEL, woot woot! 2:1:1 BCAA's at 4g (Close To 5g, But Underdosed), a tiny dose of Glutamine at 700mg (Underdosed), HICA which has never really worked for me and in fact typically supplements containing it don't deliver for me but 500mg is included (Underdosed), 300mg of a Coconut Water Extract (Underdosed), ActiGin at 10mg (Underdosed), and lastly Sustamine at 250mg which is Underdosed itself! "L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, also known by the brand name Sustamine, is a dipeptide molecule of Glutamine and Alanine, which makes it more stable and water-soluble than glutamine by itself. Current evidence does not support L-alanyl-L-glutamine's use as a performance-enhancing supplement."

So is there anything fully dosed in EliteAmine? Maybe the servings? NOPE! 25 Servings! This product contains no Dyes, just beet root powder which is a plus! And also some electrolytes outside of the Coconut Powder.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Rewind 8 years ago and many products were Bubble Gum this and that, so when I saw Bubble Gum Punch I was licking my lips with anticipation just like my dog before feeding her food.. So the flavor was interesting for sure, most of the time I wasn't sure if I liked it or not but ultimately it wasn't really too great, as indicated by the title "Am I Supposed To Chew Or Swallow?!" because it tastes like you are drinking BUbble Gum! Great job on the flavor in sense of tasting like the name, but it was too odd for me to enjoy. Mixability wasn't totally on par with other BCCA products, but it did mix well enough to get the job done. Dosing calls for 1 scoop intra and 1 scoop post for optimal performance, which I followed.

Effectiveness 7.3/10
Taking this BCCA product at 1 scoop post workout or just intra would most likely not deliver as well as it did with 1 scoop intra + 1 scoop post. I was able to dose this daily 1 Intra and 1 Post for my workout days, and then 1 scoop on my off days which delivered very well. While sipping on this at a intra product I did see some hydration benefits, which was a plus. In the 13-14 days taking this I saw reduced DOMS, and better hydration while following the dosing protocol they direct. I would have liked to see how well this would perform on a 1 scoop daily as per the dosing on other products on the market, but with 25 servings you are TOO LIMITED especially at 25 servings PER CONTAINER?

Value 3/10
How can one put a price on love? Elemetx is a Canadian Supplement Company, meaning their products are only sold on their site, with Elemetx claiming the price will be "substantially lower" once they hit the US Retailers.. So lets base this product on the fact the price is currently $47 for 25 servings, costing you $1.88 per serving.. It requires two servings for "optimal performance" but this is mainly due to the fact they underdosed everything! Even if/when the price comes down on the US Retailers, I feel $30 will not even cut it for a Underdosed BCAA product that only has 25 servings.. Too many big dogs on the market, and BCAA's are not expensive enough to warrant this cost.

The Container
I find it funny that I want to tell you guys how cool this container actually is.. When this arrived it appeared to be a very cheap container, but surprisingly it has these locking groves on the lid that are actually pretty neat. It seems to almost "lock" when you close it, but really it is just me being excited about something this product did well..

Overall 5.2/10
Effective product at 1.5 servings compared to the other BCCA products on the market with only 25 servings, and needing 2 serving per use kills this product dead in the water.. Add the fact that CURRENTLY it costs $47 or $1.88 a serving ($3.76 for 2 servings) makes this product ridiculous to even think about getting. Elemetx EliteAmine works, but it is obvious that they are coming for your wallets and not wanting to deliver a product that is both Effective and High in Value for the customer and their wallets.
  • Bubble Gum Punch: 3/10

Overall
Overall
5.5
3.8
  February 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Reduced Muscle Soreness
  • Natural Flavors And Colors
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Some Underdosed Ingredients

Elemetx is a newer company from Canada. I was reading aboot (Canadian accent) them a little before claiming this product. I like their approach on supplements. They do not use artificial colors or flavors and do not use proprietary blends. They seem to really pride themselves on the quality of their supplements and their customer service. Thank you to Elemetx for the chance to try this supplement.

This ingredient profile is pretty similar to an intra-workout I have used a few months back--HIT's Muscle Matrix. I did not see great results with it, but it was decent. EliteAmine uses the same ingredients as Muscle Matrix, but at different dosages for the most part and EliteAmine added L-Glutamine, coconut water powder, and ActiGin which seems like a close 'relative' of AstraGin. The ActiGin is used to aid in absorption, much like AstraGin.

I like that the BCAAs are in a 4 g 2:1:1 ratio per scoop here. At the recommended two scoops, you are getting a nice 8 g dose of BCAAs. There is about the same amount of Sustamine as Muscle Matrix which is believed to be an better absorbed version of glutamine. HICA is in here because it can prevent the breakdown of muscles during exercise. I really like the inclusion of coconut water powder. I am a big fan of coconut in general because of its many health benefits. The coconut water can help with hydration and electrolyte balance. There is only 700 mg of glutamine per scoop in here and I would have liked to see that increased to at least 2 g per scoop because if you are taking two scoops and if you want to factor in the Sustamine dose, you would be getting about 5 g of glutamine.

Taste/Dosing/Mixability

Taste: Appears they only have bubblegum punch at this time. I am not really a fan of bubblegum anything in general, but I found this to be perfectly sweetened. It was a light bubblegum flavor and not overly sweet. I think if they could have taken this sweetness level and paired it with a watermelon or apple flavor, I would have liked it a little more. I am curious as to what natural bubblegum flavors are though. Bubblegum and natural seems like an oxymoron to me.

Dosing: Directions state mix one scoop of EliteAmine in 8-16 oz. of water, depending on your taste preference. For optimal performance, consume one scoop during your workout and one scoop after your workout.

There are 25 servings total in this container, which if taken at the suggested dosage, does not even make sense to me. That means one of your workouts, you will only get to use half the recommended dosage. I think an even 30 servings (really 15 workouts) should be the minimum amount of servings offered for purchase. Obviously if you are seeing results with one scoop, this will not matter much to you. I chose to run this at two scoops the entire container because that is where I saw better results with HIT's Muscle Matrix. I opted to use the one scoop serving during an arm workout because my arms do not get as sore as other body parts.

Mixability: This mixed fine in a blender bottle. No foam, floaters, or settling occurred when I mixed it in 16 or ~28 oz. of water.

EliteAmine claims to support muscle growth and reduced post-workout soreness, help increase muscular endurance and performance, and supports optimal intra-cellular hydration during exercise.

I do not think that a three week trial of a glorified BCAA product is enough to see if I experienced any muscle growth, so I will not comment on that. The post-workout soreness was reduced a bit during my first two weeks of using this. This past week I started a new program that left me really sore; I am talking four days after my leg workout I was still feeling it. I know that the GVT are intense workouts and since my body was not used to anything like it, I was expecting to be really sore. I was able to use EliteAmine for one more leg workout during the GVT and I am not nearly as sore as I was the past workout, so I think it was more of my body getting used to the workload.

The muscular endurance and performance was probably the least effective claim for me. Again, granted I switched up my workouts in the final week of taking this and was not able to do much more than the 10x10 sets of GVT, but even before I switched my regiment I did not remember seeing much better muscular endurance.

I felt that the intra-cellular claim was met because I did not cramp up during or after my workouts. Whenever I am not taking an intra-workout supplement, I cramp up a lot especially after squatting. If I am poorly hydrated and squat, I often cramp up if I do calf raises or when I use hip ad/abductor machines. While using this, I was able to squat and then complete my calf raises right after without cramping up. I would think that the added coconut water powder helped here.

The value is what ultimately kills this product. $47!! is way too much for a 25 serving product. $1.88 per one scoop serving is high as it is. If you need to use the recommended two scoops, you are looking at paying $3.76 per workout. There is also a $8.99 America flat rate shipping cost which hurts the value even further. I am sorry, but my frugal self cannot ever see paying $47 for this product. Even if you cut the price in half, you are looking at an average priced product at best.

There is a refund policy if you order on the elemetx website, but I do not know if I would go through the hassle of trying to get a refund just because I thought the product was too expensive.

Side Effects

Conclusion

As stated, I think this was a decent product. In my opinion, for this to generate more sales, the price has to be decreased substantially. Intra Blast is a very well-respected product and is priced at just about $1 a serving. I would think this product somehow has to be priced somewhere along the lines of $1/serving to even be considered for others to buy. Really sorry I could not justify paying this price and thanks again for the opportunity to do try it.
  • Bubble Gum Punch: 6/10