Elixir PM Reviews

Overall
9.1
  August 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Taste
  • Effective Sleep Aid
  • Effective Recovery ProductGH Booster
  • Serving Size Too Small - Cant Keep Eating It

A well formulated, effective sleep aid/GH booster/fat burner without Phenibut with the most amazing taste you will ever taste from a supplement.

I received ElixirPM as a bounty reward under the old bounty program, so thanks a lot to clippy for distributing this to me. In the process we figured out that the M&S international shipping actually works pretty good, which is good to know for future orders. Anyway, I was looking for a sleep-aid that would give me some serious deep sleep as I've got a lot going on in my life at the moment (building a house, little kids, work life etc) as well as a gym program, so a compromised sleep pattern would just wear me down. The profile of ElixirPM from E-Flow Nutrition caught my eye, so I hit up clippy for a tub to give it a run. Let's see how it goes.

I'll preface this section by saying I am a fan of phenibut. It works exceptionally well for me and I don't seem to develop a dependence on it, so I can switch it on and off. Some people don't like it and that's fine, but for me a truly complete sleep aid/GH booster at this point in time should have Phenibut included.

Having said all that, the profile of ElixirPM is very good. 1.5g of GABA is spot on for most sleep aids, and this is the main driver for ElixirPM. The rest of the speed aiders and GH boosters are in a 500mg prop blend. This prop blend has 5-HTP, Mucuna Pruriens, L-Arginine and Melatonin (2mg). Melatonin is the only ingredient with the amount listed, and at 2mg that's about the minimum effective dose. I like they included the amount of Melatonin, because some sleep aids jack up this ingredient to cover for under-dosing other sleep aid contributors, and too high a dose of Melatonin isn't the best for you. Out of 500mg there's a bit of room for enough 5-HTP (usually 100-200mg is effective) but that doesn't leave too much for the Mucuna Pruriens and L-Arginine. There's some evidence (and a lot of fluff) about the synergistic effects of combined sleep aid ingredients, normally I don't take too much notice of this but it seems that in combination certain ingredients can work well together at doses you wouldn't normally consider to be effective. The night-time fat-burning component is covered by the ingredient L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, dosed at 500mg. This is the very bottom of effective dose that I found, and considering it's the only ingredient to provide any fat-burning effect, I would have liked a higher dose than 500mg. All in all when I look at the ingredient profile of ElixirPM I see something that should produce results in terms of sleep quality and recovery/GH boosting.

Taste - 10/10. I received the Strawberry Kiwi flavor. No kidding, this is the best tasting supplement I have ever tasted, bar none. The combination of strawberry and kiwi is amazing, there is no chemical taste, no after taste, just a craving to slam down more. I wont lie, there were nights where I skipped the water and just took this to the dome. Other nights I'd eat my serving with a spoon, I couldn't get enough of this. The only way this could be better was to increase the size of a dose so that I could eat more of it. I could talk for hours about how good this tasted, but I wont.

Mixability - There was some undissolved bits and pieces in the bottom of the shaker on the nights I mixed it in with water. As with most sleep aids there was also some clumping in the container as I went through it and was continually opening/closing it.

Dosing - I originally started with 1 level scoop and ended up going to 1 heaped scoop which was the sweet spot for me. I would dose this about 30 mins before bed time and due to it working great I never felt the need to change this.

9.1/10

ElixirPM was a very effective sleep aid and recovery helper/GH booster. Within 10-15mins of taking ElixirPM I felt my eyelids want to come down a little easier, a little more relaxed and ready for bed. The effectiveness was not a knock-out lights-out effect, but I could still tell I had taken the product. Getting to sleep was easy, whether that was a placebo thing or the product itself is a little hard to tell, but considering it was consistent all through the tub I have to give the formulation some credit at least. Once I was asleep I stirred or woke up less than usual, and got my 8 hours sleep without too much trouble. Upon waking up I didn't have a groggy feeling common with some sleep aids, which was refreshing as I could just wake up and get on with my day.

The recovery/GH boosting effects of ElixirPM was less subtle than the sleep aid component, but still noticeable. On the nights I didn't take ElixirPM and had trained a large muscle group (quads or hammys) I would pay for it a day or 2 down the track with increased DOMS. I always take enough protein for my bodyweight and also a BCAA supplement, so my recovery is pretty good anyway, but the profile of ElixirPM helped get me less sore faster.

The fat-burning component was a little less impressive, although looking at the ingredient profile that's probably to be expected. I should note that I was not on a cut or under any pressure to lose weight or cut whilst taking ElixirPM, but I also didn't feel anything positive in this department. I'd probably just take the L-Carnitine L-Tartrate out if I was going to reformulate this.

ElixirPM is available through muscle & strength, the Eflow website and a few other online retailers, with the price of a tub ranging from $35-40 + any coupons you may have. That's pretty good for 40 servings, right on or just under $1/serving. For an effective sleep aid that's pretty good value in my book.

Side Effects

The only thing I can report is that taking a serving of this makes you want to take another cos the taste is so good.

Conclusion

I thoroughly enjoyed my time taking ElixirPM. It is an effective product with a very good ingredient profile that does exactly what it's meant to. It's not a knock-out sleep like some of the sleep aids on the market, and it doesn't have phenibut which is good, or bad, depending on which side of the fence you sit on. I received ElixirPM as a bounty reward but for the price I would gladly buy this product again with my own money. I would also recommend this product to others, especially those looking for an effective sleep aid without Phenibut. Thanks to the bounty program for slinging me this product and thanks to E-Flow Nutrition for producing such an effective product.
  • Strawberry Kiwi: 10/10

• Diesel656
    August 3, 2018

Thanks for the review! I am going to have to give this a shot. With everything I have going on I spend way too much time laying awake. The melatonin just isn't cutting it.