(Better than 83% in Amino Acids > Glutamine)

PRICES
Check Amazon for L-Glutamine Powder:
L-Glutamine Powder is a Glutamine Supplement manufactured by Dymatize Nutrition. It contains glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue; It helps support lean muscle gain.

Overall
Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 1, 2017

• Better Immune Health
  • Burns Fat
  • More Frequent Bowel Movements

What is up guys! Dr. G here for another review for the SR community. As always I try and review the products to the best of my knowledge with some research thrown in there. This product is an "A" product. It aids in your fat loss goals and is very easy to take. The only down side you ask?? Well it does not come with a damn scoop! Okay, OKay, not really that bad. I hope you guys enjoy the review because I enjoyed writing it!

L-Glutamine (4.5g) - There are many benefits of glutamine on your health two of which I care about are fat loss and gaining lean muscle. The various benefits other than the two I just listed are: Improves gastrointestinal health, heal ulcers and leaky gut, an essential neurotransmitter in the brain and helps with memory, focus and concentration, Improves IBS and diarrhea by balancing mucus production, Improves athletic performance and recovery from endurance exercise, improves metabolism and cellular detoxification, Curbs cravings for sugar and alcohol, and fights cancer. These are various functions I found on a couple different reliable websites.

Glutamine is one of the 20 naturally occurring amino acids in protein. Generally people dub this as a muscle building supplement but recent claims through research has shown that it doesn't actually enhance muscle growth in healthy individuals. Believe it or not it has its greatest effect on those suffering from physical trauma such as burns or wounds or during disease states in which muscle wasting occurs, such as AIDS. In healthy individuals it has its greatest effect on fat burning.

I got unflavored and put it in my shakes that I made every morning. I was mixing it with a variety of ingredients such as frozen fruit, soy milk and protein so I didn't taste any "grittiness". Overall I think it mixed very well. I always mixed it using a blender which blended it very well. I never took this supplement in a shaker bottle so it might be completely different when mixing in one. For dosing, it kinda bothered me that it didn't come with a scoop (come on its just a plastic scoop!!). The serving size is 1 3/4 tsp which is 4.5g.

Great effectiveness. Since trying to lose weight I saw this product on the TROOP dashboard and knew I had to try it. I think overall it really help supplement the fat loss process. Now, there is definitely no single way to know that this was or was not the reason I was able to lose some weight, but in combination with diet and cardio I think it played a big role. While in my fat loss program I have gone from 212 to 196 since June 24th. From June until the end of August I only lost 6 lbs. Once I started taking this product I upped my cardio a bit I lost the remaining weight. I took this supplement consistently before every workout and made sure I also took it on my off days. I did not notice any significant muscle gain while taking this product so the claims that say it is a muscle builder I am leaning toward a big fat FALSE. I am fine with the fact it didn't make me gain much muscle. I say this because I hold onto muscle and fat very very easily. During these past few months I have committed to the fat loss process and I am perfectly fine with the idea I will be losing a little muscle mass. I know once I reach my target weight of 186 gaining muscle back will be a breeze for me. I will not be taking this supplement during that process. I have no comment on the recovery benefits this may have since I didn't experience a lack of or increased recovery rates. Overall I think this is a great supplement to be taking if you are a bodybuilder or just trying to lose some weight.

On VitamineShoppe you can get the slightly bigger container of 500g for $29.45. It gives you about 109 servings so for this one it would be about 0.27 cents per serving, I would say that's pretty good. For 300g on bodybuilding.com you can pay $16.89 which is .26 cents per serving. On amazon.com you can get the 300g for $18.37, which is slightly more but still not that bad.

Side Effects

More frequent bowel movements, which makes complete sense since it aids in balancing mucous production in intestines.

Conclusion

Overall I think dymatize did this right. I think it has good dosing for a cheap price. In addition, this supplement helps aid in the fat loss process. I would not recommend this product for someone that is trying to gain muscle because I do not think it would do much for you. They only sell this as unflavored (from what I saw) and I think that is for the best. Normally I would recommenced just mixing this in with your protein shakes because it would be the easiest. In addition, take it consistently! These products do not work if you are not consistent.
As always Live Happy, Live healthy
Dr. G

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  September 27, 2017

• Better Immune Health
  • Good Recovery

First off I want to thank Dymatize for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. Glutamine is a product I try to stay on once fall season starts and like to keep taking it until spring time. I find this to be a product that really helps me a lot with my immune system and keeps my body feeling better from getting colds or being sick. Also my body feels a lot better and my overall health is much improved.

The profile for this is pretty simple. You get 4.5g of 100% pure form of micronized L-Glutamine. This is just regular glutamine. I wish it was fermented glutamine but I was ok with this. There is no other ingredients added to this. Micronizing form of glutamine helps with absorption, increasing the speed in which glutamine can be broken down in the digestive system and assimilated into muscle cells. This also helps to naturally increase post-workout growth hormone levels, resulting in increased lean muscle anabolism and full-body growth. Since this is micronized it mix instantly in water so you don't get any clumping or cloudy solutions.

There is no taste since this is unflavored.

Mixing is pretty easy. Mixes up right away. It says on the label that 1 3/4 tsp is one serving. This did not come with any kind of scooper so I had to use an older scooper I had from a different glutamine product. Not sure if there is suppose to be a scooper in this or if they just forgot to put one in here. That scooper I had measured out to 5g so when I used this I was getting .5 more. I used this mainly with my protein after my workouts. I would have used this with my Casein protein from Dymatize but they all ready put a good amount of glutamine in that so there was no need to add more.

Glutamine is a product I found to be a lot more important than what most people think. Glutamine is found to help you in three main areas. This helps with muscles health, gastrointestinal health, and immune health. I found that in these three areas this really helped me a lot. First off I noticed that my muscles felt a lot better when using this. I feel when using this my muscles seemed to recovery a lot faster and I would feel a lot less soreness. I know my DOM'S were way less when I used this. I know when I have not been on glutamine for awhile I can really notice a big difference once I start using it again. As soon as I started using this again I notice a little bit of an increase in my strength gains and was able to lift a little heavier and my workouts seem to go a lot better. I felt I could go longer and push it a little harder which was nice to have. When using this it was nice to able to get some of those strength gains and feel better in my workouts.

Second this helps with your gastrointestinal health. If your someone that has dealt with gut issues this really helps to limit that. I have had issues with acid reflux and some issue with swallowing food for a long time and I feel this really helped to limit any of those issues. I still at times deal with this but it has seemed to be a lot less since I started taking this and feel this has helped me a bit with this issue. I also feel that since this helps with GI issues that my trips to the bathroom have been a lot better. I feel that lately when I have been having bowl movements (in the mornings especially) I seem to go a lot more than normal because I feel I was getting rid of a lot more stuff which I think this is really helping me get rid of which is good.

Third this is suppose to help you with your immune system. Anything that can help with improving your immune system is nice to have. Since this is the time of year where stuff starts to go around it's nice to get a good start on fighting this stuff so you can better avoid getting those unwanted colds or flu. Shortly before I started taking this I did get my first issue with that really bad sore throat crud. It did last a little more than a week and when this happened I tried to up my intake of glutamine more. I do think it helped me a bit at getting rid of this sooner by helping my immune system a bit more to recovery quicker. I know that when I am on this regularly in the winter this does really help me avoid colds a lot better. I feel this is a big life saver on my immune system and really helps to improve it and help me to avoid colds a lot more. I was reading that when a person gets sick they can lose up to 58% plasma glutamine levels and these levels have shown to last up to three weeks. When this happens your muscle performance can really suffer from this and not perform at 100%.

While taking this I felt a lot better overall and a little more healthy. I think this has really helped me a lot in all three of these area I talked about. I did notice as of lately I was starting to look a little more leaner and more muscular so I know this had to be helping some since that was one of the things this is suppose to help with. The reason I say that is because I was still keeping my same diet and not really changing anything up and noticed the difference and how I looked more leaner.

The cheapest I could find this was on allstarhealth.com. They make this in three sizes 300g 500g and 100g. I was sent the 300g. They want $15.59 for 65 servings. I don't think that is to bad a price for glutamine. This is pretty much the price you will find on most sites give or take.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Glutamine I have found to be a must have in my workout stack and try to use this a lot. If you want to feel better health wise and better recovery wise this is great for that. If your someone that has a lot of issues with your immune system this will for sure help you greatly with that. For the price and what all this does for you I would highly recommend you add this to your workouts. I feel this has become a lot more important of a product to have and use than what most people think. I will for sure be keeping this in my workout stack since it is the start of fall heading into winter and don't want to deal with colds and crud like that. Again I want to give a big shout out to Dymatize for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

October 10, 2012

Cons:
      I am surprised I am the first to review this product. Dymatize is a very reputable company and I would assumed a lot of individuals would be using this.

To cut to the chase this is a very high quality glutamine. I am taking this with a combination of uni liver and omega 3's. My recovery is very short. I am doing a lot of amateur power lifting and strongman training plus 30 minutes to an hour on the treadmill. Usually after hitting the weights I am completely done. However since adding this product my recovery is pretty short. usually a 30 min window. I do not know what the directions on the box recommend for a daily serving. What I do, and this works great for me, is I take 20 grams daily. 10 grams twice a day with food.If you take by itself just 5 grams there is a good chance the majority of it will not make it out of your stomach and into your small intestine so that it can be absorbed into your blood stream. If you take with food the food will help buffer it from your stomach acid and allow more to get into your small intestine. I do 10 grams with lunch pre workout and 10 grams with a snack post lifting. Then cardio.

I use a 5 gram scoop put 2 servings in my mouth and wash down with juice(to kill the taste)

Price 8: It's not cheep. But it is VERY effective.

effectiveness 10: My recovery is amazing. Does it help build muscle? IDK I also take creatine, whey isolate, and uni liver so hard to say.

I highly recommend. I also recommend the increased dose as well.