PRICES (41)

(5 lb) - [$15.00/lb]

A1Supplements

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 14, 2017

• Good Quality
  • 0 Carbs And Fat
  • Mixes Good
  • Lactose Free
  • Taste
  • Low Cals And Carbs
  • Little Pricey

First off I want to thank Dymatize for letting us have the chance to give this product a try. This has been a review I have needed to do for awhile now. I got this back in August and now finally getting the chance to do my review for it. I did claim this off the trooper program but never got it and it got auto canceled because it took so long to show up. A couple weeks after it was auto canceled I did get it and I decided I would still help them out and do my review for it even thought I did not have to. ISO proteins are nice to have once in awhile but feel they are not real important to have all the time and tend to be a little more spendy compared to regular whey.

This consists of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, and whey protein isolate. These are fast digesting proteins. You get 25g of protein in this which I think should be the standard amount you should at least be getting. You get 110 calories, zero fat, less than 1 gram of sugar, 2g carbs. Also you get 5.5g of BCAAs and 2.7g Leucine. It's nice getting the extra BCAAs for extra recovery. Also you get 4.4g of glutamine which I really like. This is a very simple and clean protein you will find.

I got the cookies & cream flavor. It was not to bad. A little light on taste I thought. I had to be careful how much water I added to this. If I added to much water it gave it a bit more water down taste. I would have liked the taste to have been a little stronger but that would mean they would have to add more fillers and then it would not be as clean a protein. It was nothing to bad but still easy to want to drink.

Seemed to mix up just find and no clumping at all. I would normally do 1 scoop post workout. For an ISO protein I feel post workout is best time to take it because it is a fast digesting protein and need that to get into my system right away when I get done working out.

This I thought was very simple and effective for me. Like I said above I don't normally use ISO proteins (mainly because they cost more) and found this to be good to have for a little change. Do I think ISO proteins are that much better than regular whey no not a real lot. I would say if your cutting more so ISO proteins are better to use. I do like that they digest a lot faster into your system than regular whey but that is something you won't really be able to notice much of. Since I am trying to bulk more so I would rather have regular whey protein. I do think this worked good for me. With this being so clean ingredient wise I feel this helped me lean up a little more and had less bloating issues I noticed. I was still able to make some gains but feel it helped me maintain more than anything. I feel I leaned out a little more and was able to put on a little more leaner muscle mass and not look and full in my muscle. That bloated look I get a lot in my muscle I was not noticing that as much from this. This I thought was good for hitting your macros. If I knew I was not going to be getting the macros in for that day this was good to help make up for that. Since it's a much cleaner protein I was ok with having another shake for that day and know I was not going to be getting a lot of extra calories from other stuff I did not want.

I think overall my recovery was pretty good from this. Lately I have been upping my workouts a little more and going a little heavier and adding a couple extra sets than I normally do. I figured with upping my workouts a bit more I would be a little more sore but I feel this really helped eliminate that extra soreness I thought I would get. Even my DOMs felt a lot better and were a lot less noticeable. I think with the added BCAAs it helped aid me a little more in my recovery. Also I thought this was very good on my stomach. This never gave me any unset stomach issues or unwanted trips to the bathroom. After I would take this I seem to feel more full for awhile after my workouts. Since I don't usually eat my next meal for awhile after I get done working out this was nice to have so it could take some of my appetite away until I was ready to eat.

The cheapest I could find this was on allstarhealth.com. I was sent the 5lb tub and they want $60.99 for 76 servings in the cookies & cream flavor which I got. Considering ISO protein's are a little more expensive I think this is a decent price for this. On a lot of other sites they want around $75 so I don't think this is to bad a price for this.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I was rather impressed with this protein. With as clean and effective as this was I found it to be a pretty good protein for me. I feel this really helped me in a lot of areas. Do I think ISO proteins are that much better than regular whey no not a real lot. I would say if your trying to cut this is a better choice to look at in the way of proteins. I know ISO proteins are a little more costly but you will usually get (but not always) a more cleaner ingredient profile compared to a lot of other regular whey proteins. I would highly recommend giving this a try. I think you need to try ISO proteins yourself to see how they affect you so you can better judge them to see if they are worth the extra cost. Taste wise you will really enjoy this and no stomach issues with this protein. I would be more than happy to give this another try but would like to try some of their other flavors. Again I want to give a big shout out to Dymatize for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
  • Cookies & Cream: 7/10