ISO 100 Clear Reviews

By: Dymatize Nutrition

Protein > RTD Protein
ISO 100 Clear is a Ready-to-Drink Protein Supplement manufactured by Dymatize Nutrition. It is a conveinient version of protein meant to be used on the go in a handy, already mixed form. Supplementing with additional dietary proteins can increase muscle mass and increase fat loss.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gluten Free

I drink a lot of protein shakes. I usually opt for protein powder instead of RTDs because the RTDs I've had all tasted gross, really chemical, chalky texture, etc.
    When ISO 100 Clear came out, I decided to try it because I figured the taste and the texture would be better than the "chocolate" RTDs I've had in the past.

This is a pretty straightforward product. It's just water, whey protein isolate, salt and flavoring/coloring.

The macros are about as lean as they come. 1 20oz bottle is 170 calories, 40g protein (10.2g BCAAs), 2g carbs, and 0g fat.

Taste/Texture/Dosing

I got the fruit punch flavor and to me, it tastes just like a Hi-C juice box but with less sugar. It was sweet but it was not super sweet. I give it a 9/10.

The texture is pretty smooth. I got a bit of chalkiness on one of the bottles, but it only happened once, so it was probably a fluke. They're not creamy like most protein shakes, rather they go down more like flavored water.

If I was using the RTD as a meal replacement, then I drank a whole bottle. Usually, though, I drank it alongside other food, so I drank about half a bottle at a time.

I wanted something quick, palatable, and high protein without being too many calories.

Dymatize delivered on all fronts, 8.5/10

I'm cutting right now, so the calories are pretty low. These drinks fit really well into my diet, and freed up calories for food I like that doesn't have a lot of protein, like muffins. I like any product that allows me more muffins.

What surprised me the most was the satiety that the drinks provided. I expected very little/no satiety given the lack of fat and how low carb the product is, but a whole bottle was enough to keep me full for about three hours, which for the calories is pretty great.

RTDs are generally pretty expensive, around $3-4/bottle. You have to pay for convenience.

I had a coupon, so I was able to get a case of Iso100 Clear for $26 ($2.16/bottle), but it usually costs about $35/case, or $2.9/bottle. This is too much for me to buy it all the time, but it is the industry norm, so Dymatize isn't price gauging here.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Iso100 Clear is a pretty good product. It tastes good, has a smooth texture, and has solid macros. I would recommend to anyone who wants an light RTD.
    • Fruit Punch: 9/10

• dmf8625
      April 6, 2018

Anyone else find this product a little questionable? There is no mention about how the WPI is processed? Plus how can a WPI powder become clear when mixed with water?

Also, @smashley23 in the ingredient section in your review, you mention 2g of carbs but the product label on SR.com shows <1g of carbs. Do you have a reformulated version?

• bctuthill
      April 6, 2018

I think it must be ion exchange filtered if it's clear. Isopure has something similar that's ion exchange filtered. Maybe that's why they don't advertise the filtration method too, to avoid the negative press. I'm not sure how much of an impact the altered pH has on bioavailability though.

• Xcmiler
      April 6, 2018

Nice review, I am surprised by the taste, I had had the isopure ones and they were odd tasting.

• smashley23
      April 6, 2018

The labels vary depending on the flavor.

I think bctuthill is right about the whey isolate.

• dmf8625
      April 6, 2018

@smashley23 Got it! Thank you for clarifying. I was going to say the label just doesn't add up if there is 40g of protein and 170 calories. Should equal 160 by calculation but where does the extra 10 come from. Not a huge deal but just looking for honesty in labeling.