(Better than 94% in Casein Protein)

Elite Casein is a Casein Protein Powder manufactured by Dymatize Nutrition. It utilizes the slowest digesting form of protein. Often used for a time released version of protein, it will help increase muscle recovery and strength.
FORUM TOPICS

8.9
  April 10, 2018

• Filling

I will be reviewing Elite Casein, 1 scoop (1 serving size) will set you back 130 calories. Its macros are 2g of Fat, 2g of Carbs and 25g of Protein.

Even if I am not being strict with my diet I still make a conscious effort to make sure most meals actually consist of a decent lean protein and a healthy carb. As I have mentioned in recent reviews my [email protected]$$ has fallen of the wagon pretty hard. I was not tracking I was not being consistent on anything except eating everything in sight, not 100% true but it seemed like it. I always told myself subconsciously at the end the day end on a good note don't eat those cookies Scar left, make some rich pudding. Scar is my daughter by the way.

Elite has a clean and simple macro profile, I have mentioned these above in my summary. It consists of Micellar Casein, as most of us know this is a slower digesting protein that is taken from the curds of the milk. Casein's absorption rate is a lot slower than whey protein, it can actually take about 7 hours to fully digest. It also has BCAA added to keep muscles feed while one is asleep or without food and aminos for a long periods of time.

Taste/Mixability

I requested and received Rich Chocolate. I have to say, it did not let me down in the rich chocolate category. I would often make protein pudding and add some rice cakes for some texture and or mixed berries. Mixability was not a huge issue in a shaker, it slightly clumped at the top of my shaker cup a few times when I didn't have the mixing ball in the shaker. When making my pudding I would use a bowl and a spoon and didn't have any issues with mixing.

Dosing & Effectiveness

For the most part I would take Elite in the evenings, on a few occasions I would take this on my way to work when I knew I wouldn't get any food until lunch time. This casein didn't cause me to have that uncomfortable full stomach feeling, it was more of a satiated feeling. I really noticed it in the morning I was able to make it from 7:30am - 1:30pm without feeling hungry. At night it was a similar effect, but it mostly help cut the cravings for those sweet non nutritional items. I would say Elite Casein was effective as it helped me try and meet protein goals as well as keep me and my muscles satisfied and fed.

AllStar Health has a 2lb tub of Elite Casein for $27 dollars or a 4lb tub for $45 dollars. This is not a bad deal, for a product that will help you meet your protein goals and keep you feeling satiated.

Side Effects

No notable side effects in my Elite Casein experience.

Conclusion

This was a nice treat, even when being bad with my diet. I always enjoyed making myself some pudding or protein sludge as my wife called it. Elite Casein works is affordable and tasty. I wanted to Thank Dymatize Nutrition for being patient and for supporting the Troopers.
    • Rich Chocolate: 9/10

Other Prices:
    Amazon   $28.99
    A1Supplements   $29.95
    Ill Pump You Up   $33.95

January 1, 2018

• Good BCAA Mixture

Thank you Dymatize for a wonderful casein protein. I have tried their products before and have never been disappointed. This is the first time I have tried their casein and was as satisfied as I had been in the past.

This is a protein powder with 100% micellar casein. This is a gluten-free product and it contains 5.4g of BCAA and 2.3g of Leucine.

Total Fat 1.5g
      Cholesterol 20mg
      Carbs 3g
      Sugar 0g
      Protein 25g

This is a pretty straightforward casein protein. Of course, every company makes their products a little different but for me, this was a good casein powder mix with good nutrients.

Dymatize has several options available for flavoring which include chocolate, vanilla, cookies/cream, and cinnamon roll. I was able to get the cinnamon roll and I wouldn't say it tasted like a cinnamon roll, but a good flavor. More like cinnamon flavoring than a cinnamon roll. The mixability was similar to any other casein that I have tried. Ingredients say to mix one scoop with 10-12 oz. of beverage, which I usually ended up with 12-14 oz. because I don't like a really thick shake. Casein is so thick like ice cream custard shake than your normal protein shake so always make sure to have plenty of liquid in it. I had no problem with the mixability just got to shake it really well. The dosing is one scoop which is 25g of protein. The dosing was no issues.

Like with any other protein shake, I cannot say that I was putting on a ton of muscle or having any weight loss. It definitely did what it claims to do which is easy to recover and feel full after taking the casein. I was taking Dymatize at night right before bed and it kept me from wanting to go back to the kitchen for snacks. The only downfall I had was going to the bathroom at night but not because of medical problems. Since you have to add a lot of beverage to it, it made me have to go pee. This was an easy thing to correct because I would take it about 1-2 hours before I would go to sleep and I would go pee right before I went to sleep. If I forgot to take it early, I would have to go in the middle of the night but this was my problem, not a Dymatize problem. So, effectiveness wise with the ingredients, I would say effective protein.

I was able to find Dymatize Elite Casein for $35-$50 for a 2 lb tub with 26 servings. At $35 for 26 servings, $1.35 per serving which is higher than my whey protein that is around $1 per serving. Casein protein is a high-priced protein because it takes more to make than whey protein, so at $1.35 per serving that is a good price. I have not found a good casein out there that is under $1.25 (I have found $1 serving casein, but they were not good) per serving so at $1.35, a great value. Since this is a great product at a good cost, I give it a high value.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

I have always heard good things about Dymatize nutrition and they always deliver the good product. I would say a great casein protein shake and would highly recommend it to anybody. Always hard to measure effectiveness so you have to go off ingredients and this one was dead on. The taste, mixability, and dosing are pretty similar to other good caseins out there. If casein protein is a part of your diet, this was definitely one to try. Dymatize nutrition makes a good product so you usually get a good product.

Other Prices:
      Amazon   $28.99
      A1Supplements   $29.95
      Ill Pump You Up   $33.95

December 27, 2017

• High Sodium

First and foremost I would like to thank Dymatize Nutrition for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm a big fellow so I have to supplement protein because there is no way I'm going to keep eating meat until I reach 230 grams. I do what most of us do ... supplement protein. I like to have a variety in my arsenal since I love to work out and want to make sure that my muscles are always fed. I tried casein before but it was long time ago ... so when I noticed this offering I quickly grabbed it.

Dymatize Nutrition is a well established company in the protein world although I'm not sure why they would a sunflower creamer for their product. Also, I'm a little perplexed why so much sodium is being used with this product. Also there isn't just one but two sweeteners that are being used.

130 Calories
      20mg of Cholesterol
      250 mg of Sodium
      2 grams of Carbs
      Protein 25g

Ok So I tried this with almond milk and it was ok. So I tried this with water and it was actually better. Usually I prefer protein with milk because it gives it that creaminess but not with the casein protein where it's already thick so with water the taste stood out more. I also tried this with my favorite Pea protein and it was so thick I was actually eating it like pudding with a spoon from my shaker cup.

I claimed this protein because I wanted to make sure my body is fed during the night while I'm recuperating from a hard day. I didn't think this would help me like a fat burner would, by keeping me full. I woke up in the morning and didn't feel that empty stomach I usually did. With the combination of taking my fat burner in the morning I could stay full till afternoon. I was really pleasantly surprised by how effective it was for me. I'm actually going to make sure that I have a steady supply of casein protein for my nightly indulging. Evenings are the hardest for me as far as eating junk food is concerned and having a serving of casein helped me in fighting that late night urge to eat. The BCAA's almost match that of standard whey so there is additional nutrients to help you with recovery.

You have a choice of a 2lb and 4lb tube. The 2lb cost roughly 30$ per 25 servings which comes down to 1.20$ per serving. The 4lb has 50 servings and it costs roughly 45$ which comes down to .90 cents per serving. Doing my calculations as how much a protein cost it's .048 if you buy the small tub and .036 if you buy the large tub. Compering it with other casein proteins this is a really good deal ... especially if you buy the big tub.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Very happy with the results of this product. I like the price compared to its competitors. I like the flavor that I received and would recommend it to others. The fact that Dymatize Nutrition is a well known company and widely available, is a thumbs up from me.
      • Rich Chocolate: 8/10

December 19, 2017

• High Sodium

I'm a powerlifter, and I try to get 4-5 protein rich meals in a day. Most of it, I get through food, but I find it helpful to have protein powder on hand. I usually make shakes, but sometimes I make proats, protein yogurt, or protein mug cake. I find that casein takes heat better than whey does, so I like to use blends for baking, making sauces, etc.

This was the first flavored casein product that I've ever used. I usually get unflavored, so I can use it with either sweet or savory foods, but Dymatize is a solid brand, so I thought I'd give this a shot.

We have here a micellar casein product. Casein (like whey) is found in milk. It is slower to digest and is often used before bed.

One scoop (35g) gives us:

125mg potassium
      600mg calcium

We also have:
      5.4g BCAAs(2.3g leucine)
      5.9g other EAAs (11.3g total EAAs)

The profile is pretty solid. 25g of protein is a good amount per serving. Casein tends to have a bit less leucine than whey does, so I'm happy with 2.3g (some studies suggest 2.5-3g leucine may be a touch better). Also, studies have shown that 10g EAAs is effective for stimulate MPS, and we have over 11g here.

I got the cinnamon bun flavor and the taste was very good 9/10. When I opened the tub, I took a whiff and it smelled like Christmas morning. The cinnamon flavor is present without being overwhelming and it's sweet without being too sweet. It's a nice flavor and pairs well with a lot of other flavors: apple, mango, blueberry, which made it very versatile.

My favorite use of it was as a mug cake. I would use:
      100g Milk
      1 Scoop Elite Casein
      14g Cake Flour
      1g baking powder
      optional, 5g vegetable oil

Stir it up, microwave it for 1 minute (70% strength if you have a high powered microwave) and then 15 seconds on full power. If you're feeling decadent, add a scoop of ice cream on top.

Mixability

The mixability was good. I had no clumps when I used a shaker, and it mixes well with a spoon, which is important for baking, else you get a clumpy dessert.

Dose

1 scoop was just right for me. I usually mixed in the casein with other foods, so my meal would be 30-40g protein in the end.

I found this product to be quite effective.

1. Dymatize meets its label claims. This is the most important factor when it comes to effectiveness.

2. It's delicious which makes it easy to consume.

3. It mixes well, which is important if you want to cook or bake with it. It's somewhat important for drinking as well, but I'd rather have a lumpy protein shake than a lumpy cake.

I think the value here is pretty good, 8/10. A 2lb tub of Elite Casein can cost $26-$28 depending on where you get it (and sometimes depending on which flavor). I've seen casein powders from other brands cost $33-$34 for a 2lb tub, and I've seen plenty of blended proteins that cost more than Elite Casein as well.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I'm a happy camper. This was a delicious tub; it made for lots of good desserts, and I'd easily recommend it to anyone looking for a casein powder. Good job Dymatize!

November 10, 2017

• Good BCAA Mixture

What's up guys! To reintroduce myself, I am a physiology student at the University of Arizona. I just finished an extended cut, and the three supplements I used were GAT Nitraflex, L-carnitine 3000mg, and then casein. Overall, I saw great results and these supplements were not the reason for the success, they simply just aided the process.

Calories --> 130
        Sodium --> 180mg
        Potassium --> 290mg
        5.4g BCAAs
        2.3g Leucine

The main ingredients we actually care about in this protein are the casein itself, obviously, the BCAAs, and leucine. Everything else is stuff you will find in everyday food and does not play a differentiating role in this supplement. Casein is the main protein that is found in milk. It is different than whey or any other animal protein because it is a slow-digested protein so amino acids will be released into the bloodstream throughout a much longer duration. There is speculation that casein increases protein synthesis, however, in a study between casein and whey, protein synthesis was similar. With that being said, casein is good to take if you are unable to eat for an extended period of time to ensure you are getting constant protein and energy. Casein is also very beneficial for weight loss because it will make you feel satisfied and less hungry due to its slow releasing characteristic.
        I also really like that it has 2.4g of leucine, which is known as the main BCAA. Leucine is the best at doing its job which is to activate the protein known as mTOR, which then induces muscle protein synthesis via S6K (this is what we want!!!). Leucine is also one of the more studied amino acids so to is good to see it play a role in this casein supplement. Other BCAAs do the same thing that leucine does, but are just not as strong.

I was taking the chocolate-flavored casein, and actually thought it tasted better than normal whey. It is a bit thicker when added to a liquid than whey, but is also more sweeter. I found that it mixes very well when I added it with water as long as there is enough water since it is thicker, but I noticed no clumps. I took this before bed with the idea to maintain muscle mass since I was not eating anything else 3 hours prior to sleep. I would also occasionally take it after my workout along with whey in order to suppress my hunger throughout the rest of the day. I only took one scoop at a time because 25g of protein was enough for what I was trying to do.

I felt like this casein was very productive. I found myself not always being in the pantry or fridge, and I felt less hungry throughout the day. Also, since I took it before bed, I wouldn't wake up as hungry so it was easier to eat a smaller breakfast. Plus, I am a huge late night snacker, so taking this casein really helped me subdue my cravings for other munchies. Lastly, I lost very little strength during my cut and I feel like taking casein after my workout and before bed was a huge factor in that because it provided my body with continuous amino acids.

Protein is always going to be expensive, but you also get a lot of servings. I bought mine from a vitamin shop nearby and it came out to be about $0.80/serving which is pretty similar to whey protein. You absolutely get your money back in this product because it does provide a lot of benefits.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

By no means should casein take the place of whey or just healthy eating in general, but whether you are trying to add muscle or lose weight casein is a great supplement to be taking! If your eating is already very good then this supplement is not essential in reaching your goals, but if you find that you are always hungry while cutting or that you go long periods without eating when bulking, then casein is probably for you.

October 30, 2017

• Not Much Of A Variety Of Flavors

Hey SR, back at it again for a review of Dymatize's Elite Casein product. Protein is a staple for most of us, myself included, but for those who are not familiar there quite a few different types. There are protein types that are very quick in absorption such as hydrolysate and isolate, fast to medium with concentrate, and slow with casein. These types of proteins all come from milk usually. There's also other types of protein such as egg, rice, pea, soy etc. but this review will deal with casein, on of the slowest release proteins out there. Personally, I love casein protein as it has an extended release time of 4-6 hours. Being on a cut a slow release protein such as this keeps me out of a catabolic state much longer and helps me preserve muscle tissue. Let's break this product down and see if it can help you.

The macros for this protein are: 130 cals, 1.5 g fat, 3 carbs (no sugar), 25 grams of protein. As you can see, this has a very nice macro profile and it should be easy to fit into any diet/meal plan to get extra protein in your diet. I do like the no sugar as I try to stay in ketosis as much as possible. The scoop size is 35 grams and provides 25 grams of protein, so there is quite a bit of extras such as creamers, sweeteners, etc. Not the cleanest profile by any means, but these extras did have some obvious benefits in taste. As far as other 100% casein products, this definitely has an above average macro profile in comparison. Besides the additives and sweeteners, not too much to complain about. Thumbs up here.

Dosing is whenever you need protein. The most common time to use a casein protein is before bed to deliver a stream of protein and aminos while your fasting. I did this, but also used to make protein blends throughout the day and after a workout with a concentrate (Naked Whey) I had to get some fast and slow uptake. This was a lifesaver as this tastes absolutely delicious and the whey product I had no flavor so it helped my blends. I had the Cinnamon Bun flavor and it was not too sweet, just right. This was also a more unique flavor than say chocolate so it hit the spot. I can also comment on the mixability being very good. A lot of caseins, Optimum stands out to me, can be pretty gritty and hard to mix. This has a great texture and mixed very easily for a casein protein. Takes some more shaking than an isolate for sure, but overall it was great.

For effectiveness in a protein, if it has a solid profile, it's easy to incorporate into your diet, and doesn't have any digestion issues it's usually a winner. This is definitely the case for this protein. I can add to this however in saying that it helped me a lot in appetite suppression and cravings. When you're cutting and going low carb, sometimes you get extremely hungry. Add to this I naturally have a sweet tooth and that's the first thing that'll get out out of ketosis. This being a unique sweet flavored protein hit the spot when the cravings were really bad. This is being casein and thicker than your normal shake really helped fill me up and tide me over until my next meal. This was guilt free as with this profile, it didn't ruin my macros at all and is much better than a normal snack or meal for my diet. As far as muscle mass and strength I did not see any increases, but my training and diet aren't set up for that. I have continued to lean out without losing a lot of strength and muscle so this protein helped me accomplish my goals.

The best deal I could find on this at the moment is around $29 on bodybuilding.com for 26 servings. Casein is always a little more expensive than whey but this is very fairly priced and with all the pros I have mentioned is definitely worth it in terms of value. I would buy this again no problem.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for a 100% casein product, this is top notch. Not the cleanest profile, but the flavor, versatility, and quality all make it worth it.

October 9, 2017

• Helps Recovery Over Night

A huge shoutout to Dymatize for sending me out their casein powder! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

The label is completely transparent which is always the best. The protein ingredient in this supplement is micellar casein. Casein is a slow digesting protein and it breaks down over a longer period of time. It's basically the opposite of whey which is a relatively fast digesting protein. It contains 25 grams of protein per scoop. It's 130 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, and 3 grams of carbs as well. The other ingredients include things such as sunflower creamer, spy lecithin and others that are for the taste aspect.

The flavor I received was cinnamon bun. Overall the flavor was pretty spot on to an actual cinnamon bun only without icing. The cinnamon flavor was decently strong but not overwhelming. The consistency was pretty thick and chalky. Although I have similar consistencies with other casein proteins I've tried. I don't think any casein will be as smooth as a whey protein. I always drank this with milk and I just added 4-6 more ounces than they recommend and it became much smoother. 1 scoop is 35 grams and seems spot on for it's serving size.

I found this supplement to be quite effective. I always drank this at night right before going to bed. I did this so throughout the night I would maintain a slow release of protein. I always woke up feeling full in comparison to waking up feeling pretty damn hungry after a night of no protein. I noticed quite a bit of muscle gains upon first waking up when usually I would look normal or even a bit flat after no protein all night. I felt it helped muscle recovery pretty well.

The best and cheapest value I found this for was on bodybuilding.com for 29 bucks. There are 26 total servings per 2 pound tub and that breaks down to about $1.11 per serving. I personally think that's a pretty good deal. Most casein supplements are pretty expensive.

Side Effects

I know a lot of people having stomach issue or gas issues when taking casein but I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I highly recommend this product. If you are in the market for an overnight or slower digesting protein definitely give this a look. I got great results from it and it tasted good enough to be a treat each night. The value I found for it was good and won't break your bank compared to similar supplements. Once again I just want to say thank you very much Dymatize!
          • Cinnamon Bun: 7/10

October 5, 2017

• Great Mixability

A HUGE thanks to Dymatize for giving me the opportunity to review Elite Casein. I've used a lot of Dymatize supplements through out the years however this was my first time using Elite Casein. Dymatize isn't a company built on marketing gimmicks, its built on quality products/supplements. I like to change my sources of protein from time to time and thought it was a good time to use a casein supplement.

There isn't much to the ingredient profile but everything I see is quality stuff. Each serving (35g) your getting: 25g Protein, 5.4g BCAAs, 2.3g Leucine with only 130 total calories with 15 calories from fat. Dymatize goes as far and breaks down the Amino Acid Profile: 44% EAAs 11.3g, 31% CEAAs 7.8g (Glutamine 5.1g), 25% NON-EAAs 6.2g.

Taste - I received the Cinnamon Bun flavor which is one of four flavors currently available. I expected nothing less from Dymatize.... this tasted like a real cinnamon bun in liquid form. By far the top 2 or 3 best tasting protein "all sources" supplements I've tried. It can be a little hard to chug down as it gets real thick after mixing.

Mixability - Overall I had no issues what-so-ever with mixability. There wasn't any clumping or settlement.... Sometimes theres a gritty feeling with Casein sources and that was not the case. It mixes up real thick and made it more like a meal than a snack to my stomach.

Dosing - I took 1 to 1.5 scoops right before I went to bed for the night. You can use it anytime but I've noticed the best usage for myself was at night.

Elite Casein was a really effective supplement.... I took 1-1.5 scoops right before bed and felt I had better recovery the next morning. The only negative was waking up a few times in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. However in terms of recovery I noticed a reduction in DOMs and soreness the next day. Because of its thickness I felt more full throughout the night and into the morning. As with most protein sources derived from dairy (milk) it can upset your stomach and cause digestion issues. There were no issues at all using Elite Casein.

The cheapest value I could find for a 4LB tub of Elite Casein was on allstarhealth.com for around $45. My tub contained 51 total servings and cost per serving it right around .88 cents. In my opinion this is a great value for a Casein Protein that uses quality ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Dymatize continues to impress with their product line. This hit all of the marks and was very effective whether it was in terms of recovery or meeting macros. For under $1 a serving you really can't go wrong, plus you can find this at most supplement retailers online or in star. Once again I want to thank Dymatize for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

September 25, 2017

• Great Mixability

First off I want to thank Dymatize for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I always like to throw in some casein in my workout stack from time to time and when this showed up on the trooper program I figured I would give it a try since it had been awhile since I had used casein. I feel that casein is a much better product than what most people give it credit for. Any little kind of extra edge I can get to help me with my workouts I like to take advantage of and that is why I decided to give this casein a try.

This I would say has a really solid profile to it. You get 25g of protein, A total of 5.4g bcaa and 2.3g of Leucine. This is very low in carbs and total fats. 3g carbs and 1.5 total fat. Also you get 5.9g EAA. 5.1g of glutamine. 2.7g CEAA, and 6.2g of Non-EAAs. It does have 210mg of sodium in it which is maybe just a little high but not to bad.

I decided to give the cookies & cream flavor a try and that is what I was sent. WOW was this good. Normally when you drink casein you get a lot of gritty texture like taste to it but with this there was no gritty taste to this at all. It had a nice thick creamy cookies & cream taste to it. Very much enjoyed this each time I used this.

Maybe just some minor issues with it mixing but nothing to be to worried about. I did get a little bit of clumping on the bottom of my shaker bottle but nothing to bad. Just one scoop is all you need before bed. You could also take this in the mornings but would rather take at night. I like to take this about 15-20 mins before bed.

I found this to be a very effective casein protein for me. I look to casein protein to help keep my body more fueled and give me better recovery at night when I am sleeping. This I thought was very easy to drink and never caused me any upset stomach issues at all. It goes down nice and smooth like. I feel that this helped me sleep better at night and was able to stay in that REM state a lot better. I know when I would wake up in the morning I felt more alert and awake. A few times when I did not take this before bed I did not wake up feeling as good so I could really tell if I had taken it or not. Also when I would wake up in the morning I would not feel as hungry so this helped keep me feeling more full so I did not feel like I was running low on fuel in my body. My recovery on this I feel was very much improved. In the morning I seemed to feel a lot better and noticed a lot less soreness. I would go to bed some nights feeling a bit sore from my workout earlier in the day and in the mornings most if not all of that soreness would be gone. I feel that since I started using this my weight has gone up a little because I was noticing that when I would weigh myself my weight seemed to stay a little higher I was noticing. Also I feel this has really helped me at gaining some more size as in muscle mass and my strength gains also seem to go up a little. This I feel was very spot on at helping me in all these different areas I look for in a casein protein.

The cheapest I could find a 4lb tub (which I was sent) was on allstarhealth.com for $44.99 for 53 servings. I think that is a good deal for this. It will cost you just under a dollar a serving.

Side Effects

The only little bit of issue you will have is when you wake up in the morning you really have to use the bathroom right away because you drink this right before bed and then it sit's in your system until morning before you can get rid of it.

Conclusion

This was a casein product I was very pleased with. What I look for in a casein protein this did all of that for me if not more. If you want a very good casein protein that works and has a very solid ingredient profile to it this is one I would highly recommend using. If your use to that gritty texture taste that most casein products have this will not have that and I give them big props on making this taste so good. Also this is one of the better priced casein products I have found. If I am in the need for a casein product again I would for sure look at using this and would like to try some of their other flavors. Again I want to give a big shout out to Dymatize for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
              • Cookies & Cream: 9/10

September 6, 2017

• High Sodium

I'm constantly on the hunt to create the best possible supplement stack to maximize both effectiveness and value. No stack would be complete without the semi-necessary protein, casein! To ensure an optimal anabolic night, most users utilize casein prior to bed to provide our overworked muscle with precious amino acids to rebuild them bigger and better than before. I've always held Dymatize's products with high regard due to their long-term experience within the supplement world and jumped at the chance to try out their new Elite Casein product, the only question is if it can stand out against countless other products in the casein realm. Let's find out!

Calories: 130
              Total Fat: 1.5g
              Sodium: 250mg
              Total Carbs: 3g
              Protein: 25g
              Calcium: 60% DV
              Amino Acid Profile: 5.4g BCAA, 5.9g Other EAA, 5.1g Glutamine, 2.7g Other CEAA, 6.2g Non-EAA

You really can't get much better than this for a casein supplement ingredient profile. Dymatize deserves bonus points as well for providing consumers with an amino acid profile that has been a great indicator for companies that have nothing to hide. It's pretty minimal on the carbs and fats so it would likely fit nicely into nearly any dietary setup. It appears to be flavored by sucralose but that's absolutely necessary to allow for a great tasting protein product while conforming to a low-carb profile. Overall, Elite Casein is a protein supplement with a pretty much perfect profile in comparison to other casein products.

So I had the pleasure of testing out the cinnamon bun flavor and I must say that I wasn't too thrilled with trying the flavor initially but wow did Dymatize hit the nail on the head here. It literally tastes like a Cinnabon converted into liquid with a bit of toned down sweatness, which makes it even tastier than the real thing in my opinion! Also I'm very used to using casein and just about always get a thick and grainy texture but somehow Dymatize unlocked the secret to making casein creamy and smooth because I would not be able to guess that this was casein in a million years. They somehow managed to create a creamy taste that nearly rivals Syntha-6 by BSN with an insanely more superior ingredient profile. I know I sound like I'm beating a dead horse here but it really does taste that good! It mixes fairly well too, it does bubble up a good amount but it's nothing that a good 20-30 second wait period can't fix. It includes the usual protein powder scooper we've all been so well-acquainted with so there's really nothing big to discuss in that area.

When it comes to casein protein I typically take it right before bed to allow the slow-digesting properties of the protein blend to basically nourish my muscle with amino acids while I sleep to keep my body in an anabolic state throughout the night. It goes down super smooth with an extremely delicious taste and I must say that it really does hit the spot right before I plop onto my bed. The product is so tasty that I unfortunately resorted to using it in the morning for breakfast as well to aid in muscle nourishment throughout the day as well, which led to me finishing the product much faster. When it comes to a casein product the main things to judge are the ingredient profile (excellent), taste (excellent), and price (we'll go over this in the next section) because you likely won't consciously be aware of the casein's effects from its use. I must say though that I was very satisfied with this product on all fronts.

I searched around the web and found the 2lb Elite Casein tub for $29 on bodybuilding.com, otherwise most of the net has it for $35. At $29, it puts us at just over $1 per serving which I believe is very reasonable for a quality casein product in a 2lb tub. It's pretty hard to beat this price for what you're getting in my honest opinion.

Side Effects

I experienced no adverse effects or stomach issues from using Elite Casein, other than withdrawal from not having the products anymore lol.

Conclusion

Great job to Dymatize for becoming the gold standard in my eyes for what a quality casein product should be like. They created a product with an ingredient profile that can't be complained about with a taste that can't be forgotten, all at a fairly affordable price. If you're in the market for casein because you want to up your supplement protein game then look no further because Elite Casein's got you covered! Great protein, great taste, good value, nuff said! Cheers Fellas!
              • Cinnamon Bun: 10/10