Creatine Monohydrate Reviews

By: Dymatize Nutrition

Creatine Monohydrate is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by Dymatize Nutrition. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

9.1
  July 6, 2018

• 100 Servings
  • Doesnt Mix The Best

So this is Dymatize Micronized Creatine, it's been around for a long time but somehow has slipped by me. I bought this on amazon awhile back because it was a really great value, and by that I mean it lasted for a really long time based on price and effectiveness. I will buy again and again I believe just because of the value and other distinctions I'll mention below.

So I love creatine, you know? I started using it when I was about 17 I guess, in high-school and a friend of mine mentioned that a guy in our class only got big because he was using creatine. Naturally, I was interested to learn what this was and how it affected my muscles and performance in the gym. Well, this was a long time ago, but ever since then I've basically been using it on and off throughout the years. I remember when I first heard about it I read about dosing and how a loading phase could help and things of that nature, and to this day I can't tell you if it's needed. I decide not to do a loading phase just because I'm a cheap ass and I don't waste anything. Anyway like I said, I've used it on and off for awhile, from fat to lean, from lean to fit, from fit back to fat, and now from fat to moderate. I know since I'm a bigger guy now that using Creatine while trying to lose weight to not look at scales because water retention and muscle growth the scale might actually go up.

So I mean it's Creatine, I believe the ingredients list only says
Creatine Monohydrate 5g

It's micronized Creatine monohydrate, micronized just meaning it's been finely milled into smaller Creatine particles. Creatine is used to increase muscle performance and muscle mass. I believe it's the most widely used supplement and the most researched safe supplement. It's been used forever and will continue to be for a long time in my opinion. I love it because it just works. You know what you're getting, no surprises here.

To start off with, it's unflavored, so there is no taste besides what you mix it in. I usually mixed mine with just water sometimes I'd put it in juice. It mixed okay, I know it's Creatine mono, it's not known to mix perfectly. You get a little gritty taste when doing it, but I don't mind. I just put it and drink it as soon as I do most of the time. Mine didn't come with a scoop, I seen some people said their's did, I guess you just gotta be lucky. I never did the loading phase this time around, I just didn't want to. I mixed in 5 g of Creatine twice a day usually just because I'm a bigger guy and it worked just as well as the times I had did a loading phase. Usually I drank it in the morning and then after my workout, that's just what I did, you can decide for yourself when to take it.

I believe it worked well, it's not gonna make you feel like you want to lift the whole gym up but it just gives you that extra rep or two. It increased my muscle output, I felt like after a while I was able to lift more and heavier. Also my muscles just felt fuller, I enjoy that aspect of creatine the most. I think it also helped with my recovery a bit. I just felt stronger while taking it, I looked bigger and it helped me get that extra rep in.

This is where it also shined for me, I bought 500 g, about 100 servings, for around $10 bucks on amazon. That's a really great deal to me. I actually looked and couldn't find a cheaper deal, not on amazon at least. I also googled it and $10 seems to be the cheapest price for 500 g of Dymatize Creatine when you include shipping, which is free for me on amazon. It's a really good value for 100% pure creatine mono.

Side Effects

I never had any side effects, maybe minimal bloating, if it was there I didn't notice it to be honest. No digestive issues either.

Conclusion

Creatine is great, I love it. I was just looking for the best deal and I found this. It worked well for me, with no side effects. I enjoyed using it and i'll buy it again, until something cheaper comes along anyway. For the price your getting a great value. I noticed increased reps and more strength alongside a increase in muscle output I seen an increase in muscle size.

June 28, 2013

• Zero Gains
Dymatize is a solid company and this is their creatine monohydrate product. Creatine mono is said to be the most studied and most effective supplement period! It volumizes your muscle cells, keeps them hydrated, and helps with strength overall. Here's my review from my experience.

Price: 10
I bought the 500 grams which has 100 servings of pure creatine micronized monohydrate for 10 bucks at allstarhealth.com. The price is ridiculous! One of the cheapest supps out there!

Taste: ?
Has no taste, which is a good thing because you can really mix it with anything like protein shakes or juice.

Effectiveness: 5
For me, this product(or any creatine mono for that matter)is absolutely worthless. I saw absolutely no gains in size or strength whatsoever! And to be honest Im not blaming Dymatize for this by saying they brought forth a crappy product, mono simply doesnt work for me at all. Might as well taken in nothing. I would take it pre and post workout along with my protein shakes and never saw any gains out of it. The reason why I rated it a 5 because for me it did nothing but if your one that responds well to mono i do recomend this product. Its straight forward micronized creatine monohydrate.

Overall: 5
Like I said, mono is worthless for me but if you respond well to mono give this product a try! Thanks

June 12, 2013

• Never Mixes With Water
And there goes my 2nd review. This time Dymatize Creatine Monohydrate Micronized.

I used in total 2 0.5 kg tubs. At first tub I have gone through "charge-up" phase that last a week and then consumed 0.5 g before and after my workout and at second tub I didn't gone through that phase and effects was almost same.

-Price (9): Im from Serbia and I paid approximately 23 U.S. Dollars for 500g tub. Its a pretty nice deal.

-Mixing and Taste: Creatine is tasteless but this one is "micronized" and yet pretty hard to mix with water.. Its like a sand mixed with water.

-Effectiveness (7): At first week of usage, no effects but later on I noticed a slight strength gains and some energy gains. I stacked with glutamine so I cannot say anything about recovery but it takes some role. It also helps in muscle building.

-Cons: Like every creatine monohydrate it draw water a lot and create some water retention wich I didnt like. Sometimes I got dehydrated at night and used to urinate a bit more often while on workout. No bloating.

-Overal (8): For its price its a good product with nice effectiveness, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to gain some strength and muscle.

Hope it was helpful.

May 8, 2013

• Strenght Increase
    Hello. Firstly, this is my first review, 2nd i think i know how you like to review products or supplements.

I used this product just the ways it says,
    5gr before workout, and same post-workout.
    And as told im an ectomorph on a hard or lets say intense diet. I was expecting it was going to start going through a bulking cycle. But no bloating my abs where the same never added fat.
    6 meals a day plus creatine and protein (labrada prov60)supps.

Value(10): Im from Mty city in Mexico,
    So i got the 500 gr. tube in $20 U.S dollars.

Taste(7): No taste, like it says on label, is monohydrate, is like drinking dust, man just serve it to your drinks or your protein shakes.

Effectiveness(9): 1st week, no results, but between day 14-15 (2nd week) results where amazing on strenght gains.
    Besides,my diet and To be honest you really need to be strict on your training plan.
    Gains where not that huge with creatine, bloating never appeared or like the extra fat you gain when on a bulking process/cycle.
    lean mass gained: 5 kilos
    note: no kidney cramps.(it was minimal in the first 3,4 days using this) Use creatine in a regular way (.25gr/kilo).

Overall(9): No much to say, this product did the job.
    Besides its the first time that used a Dymatize product, i like ON. and Labrada.
    I could keep on buying this product but im not a super addict to creatine, i used protein always.
    So i use creatine supps, just as far each 4 months.

I hope you found this helpfull.
    cheers up!

Lee Louis.

September 10, 2012

• Bloating
    I bought dynamtize creatine micronized while I was on an intense lifting schedule.

I ate very low sodium and carbs while on creatine to prevent bloating but still got plenty! haha

Effectiveness 9/10
    I hear that with micronized you get a lot less bloated than most creatine products but I still put on 5 pounds of water weight. This translated to great strength increases. I added about 20 pounds to my squat in a month while taking this creatine with optimum protein. It was very effective

Value: The tub was 35 dollars for a month which is great

Overall 8/10
    While very effective, I didn't like feeling bloated but I guess that goes with the territory of creatine. I would recommend to anyone on a hard training regime. Definitely increases recovery and strength

September 8, 2012

• Great Deal
      This is my review for Dymatize's Creatine Micronized monohydrate.

Dymatize Claims------
      Dymatize 100% pure creatine monohydrate improves your muscles performance during high intensity activities such as weight training, running and any other aerobic or anaerobic exercise.* Dymatize uses only the highest quality, purest Creatine available, giving you the ultimate in muscle energy production.*

Results------
      I've gone through the 200 serving tub and got really good results. I had noticeable gains in endurance and stamina while lifting and exercising. I had fuller feeling muscles while taking this product and my recovery time decreased.

Taste-----
      There is no taste, however it can be difficult to mix all the way thru.

Mixability------
      This stuff looks like straight up sugar. I noticed that the majority of the time when I would drink this, that it would have really gritty feeling. Like kool-aid a lot of sugar.

Side Effects------
      All most all creatines cause some sort of water retention. I have taken regular creatine mono and felt bloated, but with this I had minimal bloating. I was drinking upwards of 1.5+ gallons of water a day tho. I do not recall any negative side effects when supplementing this product.

Other Supps------
      While taking this I was also Supplementing with Dymatize Whey Isolate and Muscle Pharms Assault. I would mix a serving of Micro Creatine in with my Assault pre workout.

Exercise/ Diet------
      I was eating a fairly clean diet and weight training while supplementing with this product. I

Price------
      I got my tub from allstarhealth.com for $17.29 for 200 servings. That comes out to about $0.086 cents a serving. That's a great deal in my opinion.

Conclusions and Recommendations-------
      Since I had a very positive experience with this product, and it is very affordable, I will continue to supplement this product. I feel that creatine should be a stable supplement to have in almost any stack. If you are looking for an affordable creatine, Dymatize Micro is a very good choice.

August 3, 2012

• Never Mixes With Water
      I got this creatine free as a promotiong on bb.com for buying a 5lb tub of ISO-100. If not for that I would not have bought this on its own, nor would I.

This is your old school regular Mono Creatine. The thing I can appreciate about this brand is that, it is processed to 180 microns. Which in turn makes this a very fine creatine (doesn't mean it mixes well I'll rate that later.) This looks like sugar (good thing, helps absorption), where I've seen others that look like chalk and clumpy.

There's not a whole lot to Monohydrate Creatine that is hidden. It helps ATP which is what helps your muscles contract and keep the energy for contractions high(er). Whenever/whatever mono creatine you consume, you'll always want about a gallon of water a day. Nothing less than 64 fl oz. for sure. with that being said...

Effectiveness 7.5/10

Didn't notice a substantial amount of strength compared to not even using it. I've used several other creatines and my favorite being any Creapure Mono (not blended). This did what I expected from it but nothing special. No noticable muscle size increase. Just helped me get the extra rep or 2 at the end of each set.

Pumps/vascularity 5/10

Didn't get any good pumps or enhanced vascularity while using this. Not even a water bloat pump. (I know its just creatine, just saying though.)

Side-Effects 8.5/10

I've heard people complaining of kidney pain, and stomach problems on this. I never notice any side's from any creatine other than minor bloating. If you're getting kidney pains simply up the water intake and drop creatine use to workout days only.

Price 10/10

Of course anything for free is great. If you can get this for free and you're in need of creatine, why not. This will suffice for a month. You can stretch it to 60 days @ 5g, but I take 10g for 30 days. Works better for me (with this brand anyways.)If you can find it for under $10 including shipping, then grab it. But while ON Creatine (creapure) is going for under $10-15 I'll take that anyday.

Taste 8.5/10

Unflavored. I typically take the 2 scoops to the head and wash it down with grape juice. (that means I ingest 2 scoops orally, without first mixing it in a liquid substance lol) So if I had to rate it that way, then I say it's gritty and dry tasting (duh). No lingering after taste though so thats nice.

Mixability 7.3/10

I sometimes mix this in the morning with my protein shake. Makes it more gritty and it does sink to the bottom, so you have to shake/stir it and then drink it while its still swirling in your glass/shaker to get the most out of it. Unless your he type that takes drinks of their shake instead of just pounding it, in that case you have to shake/stir prior to each drink. (whack)

Overall 7.9/10

Not a bad deal for free. Nothing special to it, just plain old Mono. No real big advantage in this compared to not using it at all. Did help me get the last rep or 2 in the set but thats about it. Better ones out there for about the same price, but like I said before, if its free go for it.

P.s. No other supps were taken while I was using this, other than whey protein.

July 21, 2012

• Strenght Increase
        This is your basic micronized creatine monohydrate. Cheap and effective. I got it for around 12$ for 60 servings on amazon. If your looking for cheap and effective this is the stuff you want.

Taste 10/10
        No taste is good taste in my opinion so I give it a ten. I just take a tsp and dump it in my mouth. Didn't have to worry about bad mixing like some people said since I just dumped it in.

Side Effects 10/10
        I had no bad side effects with this product. I just made sure I increased my water intake. No bloating or anything like that.

Results 9/10
        I had great results. The first day I took it my muscles felt fuller. The entire time I was on this creatine my muscles felt fuller and I had slightly more endurance and strength.

Overall: I love the Dymatize brand and have never been disappointed with any of their products so far. I think if your looking for something extra to throw in a stack this would be great.

January 19, 2012

• Amazing Results
        • Hurt My Stomach The First Time I Took This
        Hello,
        This is my first review on this site!!! Yeah! I took 300 grams of this creatine. 5 grams or so a day it ranges from 4-8, theres no scoop so its only a teaspoon they say. I tryed to weigh it myself but it was to titus. I love this stuff i used it after every workout, it helps me recover and if i didnt workout i would talk it in the morning or near bedtime. Alright lets get into the review. The different creatines ive taken are Creatine Monohydrate by ON, Kre Alk, Con-Cret, creatine ethyl ester by axis labs, and this. This is in the top 3.

Taste-10- i gave it a ten because it was completely tasteless in my protien shakes or just plain in water. I will say it did feel like sand a few times. There is no taste so I liked lol.

How it settled in the stomach-9/10- I gave it a 9 because the first time I took this I got a bad stomach crap and it was horrible, Other than that, ive never had a real problem it goes down smooth and comes out smooth.

Mixxing-5-I gave this a five becuase its not very good at dissolving, i have had other creatines that dissolve without mixxing and this never seems to dissolve. It doesnt bother me tho. It works and I'm fine with that.

Effectiveness-8- I gave this an eight becuase ive had some amazing creatine that worked way better than this. This helped me break a few PR's but it also from Working out vigrously (dont know how to spell). But I can feel the difference when you do not take this and this has helpped me with the longevity of the workout. It has given me more stamina to get the thing i want to do done. Ive increased my wieght to 220 while i was on the product, im now down to 215, before i took this i was at 208 or so and i look bigger than ever, people have been asking what am i taking and i say this all the time. I love this product.

Value gets a ten because it was dirt cheap, i can get this cheaper than dirt, haha, it was a great purchase.

If you are looking for a new creatine this is the one you are looking for, im going back to CON-CRET as that was my fav by far. This was easy on the stomach after the first serving. I hope you enjoyed this review and i want to do more in the future.
        I have built so much muscle with this.

August 24, 2011

• Easy On The Stomach
          I recently finished a 3 month cycle of this. It was my first creatine I ever used and it worked just as expected. This is not Creapure but I still believe it is high quality stuff since it is Dymatize and it worked just fine.

I dosed at 5g a day for 3 months without loading. It was nothing major but I did have some strength and weight gains just as I expected. I did not notice how much it really helped until I stopped taking it and I had to bump all my exercises down 5-10lbs. I also lost about 5lbs of water weight as expected.

I think I paid about $18 for 1000g of this stuff. Thats an awesome value for the results you get with it. Now this is not Creapure but I think its still high quality stuff since its Dymatize and it worked just fine with no bloat or anything.

What can I say about this stuff? Its basic creatine mono and did what it was supposed to do and I have no complaints. It never made me bloated or dehydrated as a lot of people claim it does. I did drink plenty of water though. Im going to start taking it at 10g a day since a lot of people claim they get better results with that.