Craze has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Craze Reviews

By: Driven Sports

Overall
Overall
  March 3, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Mental Stimulation
  • Small Serving Size
  • No Upset Stomach
  • No Crash
  • Mind-muscle Connection
    Hi, I chose Craze as my first review since it kind of took me by surprise. I have tried numerous pre-workouts and I typically prefer the more stim-heavy ones such as Neurocore, original Jack3d, ACG3, and ON Platinum Pre to name a few. Craze, however, has made me rethink my criteria for judging products from this category, especially in regards to their effects on focus, mood, and mind-muscle connection.

How I used this:
    I played around with different dosages, and found that two full scoops about 20 minutes pre-workout on an empty stomach usually gave me the best effects. Towards the end of the tub, I had to bump up the dosage to 2 1/2 scoops. I also used it in lieu of coffee or energy drinks at work because the increased motivation and focus really helped me be more productive. I work in a busy warehouse, so this was really nice.

Ingredients: 9/10

My only complaint is that it's a proprietary blend. However, it does what it is supposed to do, so I can't complain too much. I do wish they would at least disclose the amount of caffeine, though. Also, some may be disappointed with the absence of beta alanine, but I honestly didn't notice any less endurance and it was nice to not itch like crazy the first half of my workouts. I do like the addition of vitamin C. Basically, most of the effects seem to come from various alkaloids derived from the dendrobium extract, which will effect different people in different ways. Here is the profile:

45 Servings Berry Lemonade
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size:1Heaping Scoop(5.8grams)
    Servings Per Container:45

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin C (Asorbic Acid) 250mg 417%"¡
    Kinesisâ„¢ Proprietary Blend 4,580mg *

Creatine Monohydrate, Trimethylglycine (Betaine Anhydrous), L-Citrulline, Dendrobexâ„¢ (Dendrobium Extract) (Stem) (Concentrated For Alkaloid Content Including Dendrobine, Dendroxine, Dendramine, B-Phenylethylamine, N,N-Dimethyl-B-Phenylethylamine, And N,N-Diethyl-B-Phenylethylamine), B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Citramineâ„¢ (Citrus Reticulata Extract) (Fruit) (Concentrated For N-Methyltyramine Content), Caffeine Anhydrous

Taste: 8/10
    I had the berry lemonade flavor, and I thought it was pretty good. Just the right mix of tart and sweet. It mixes well, but since the scoop is pretty small, most times I just put two scoops of dry powder straight into my mouth and chased it with water.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10
    Like I said in the first paragraph, I was surprised here. When I first took it, I tried 1 1/2 scoops and didn't feel the familiar "rush" from caffeine/dmaa that I'm used to, and I was a little disappointed at first. I am overdue for a stim break, and figured my tolerance was just too high. I took another full scoop about 15 minutes later, and left my house to drive to the gym. On my way there, I noticed a subtle feeling of calmness and well-being, almost to the point of a mild euphoria. I started smiling and was amused for no apparent reason, I was just really happy about being on my way to work out. I had chest that day, and my workout was great. I felt energized with no jitters, and I was very "dialed in" for each exercise, really focused on each contraction. I guess this was from the denbrobium extract. It lasted for about an hour, which is roughly the length of my workout. This was nice too, since I workout in the evenings (or mornings if I am on night shift). I didn't have any trouble going to sleep about two hours after I got back home. This was typical for each time I took it. The only reason I couldn't give it a perfect 10 is because I did have to go over the recommended dosage about halfway through the tub, but this could just be due to my stim tolerant. I stuck to 2 scoops for a while, but I eventually needed a little more. All in all, a very good product; it does what it is advertised to do. I really enjoyed the smooth ramp-up of clean energy. Even if you are looking for a more stim-heavy product, this may be worth a go if you have the money. You may be surprised as I was.

It seems like the average price found online is around $34 for a 45 serving container, which isn't bad. However, if you are like me and need to take 2 or more servings, it cuts into the value pretty quickly. Still, it lasted about as long as any other pre workout I've tried, so I think the price is fair. I was fortunate enough to get mine for free from a friend/coworker. He was using some other things at the time, and knew I wanted to try it. Now having tried it, I would feel good spending $35 - $40 for it. I really enjoyed it, and will buy it in the not-too-distant future.

Great stuff. If you decide to try it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I hope this helps. Thanks.