Aminovide Reviews

By: Divided Labs

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Aminovide is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Divided Labs. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Thanks to Divided Labs for sending it out!
  May 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Excellent Taste
  • Good Endurance
  • Good Hydration
  • Great Profile

I saw the write up for Divided Labs on Price Plow (https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/divided-labs) and it got me excited to try their products. Needless to say, I was hoping they would post some on SR for review and when they did I was hoping I would get a chance to grab one or two. I wanted to get both their amino, Aminovide, and PWO, Previde, but was too slow to get both. I ended up grabbing Aminovide which I was happy about. As an aging male, whose body feels like it is falling apart quicker than it should, effective recovery supplements play a huge factor to my workouts and quality of life. Thanks to Divided Labs for participating in the TROOPs program!

The profile is broken up into 3 categories - Instantized BCAAs (as InstAminos), BCAA Uptake & Antioxidant Support; Maximum Hydration Blend.

Instantized BCAAs are a 2:1:1 blend of L-Leucine (vegan), L-Isoleucine (vegan) and L-Valine (vegan). These are vegetable sourced aminos which seems to be the way the industry is headed. Personally, the first amino product I had like this did not seem as effective and I'm not one to care too much where the aminos come from. I am of an Andrew Zimmer mindset where if you can use the whole animal than do so. This being my second plant based amino, I felt these were effective but still think animal aminos work better for me.

BCAA Uptake and Antioxidant Support - This is a combination of 29 fruits, vegetables and herbs that is "supposed to boost nitric oxide levels and combat exercise induced free radicals which cause cellular damage and oxidative stress (MFR Description from TROOP dashboard)." At 1 scoop, you get 100mg of these 29 fruits, vegetables and herbs. For that many ingredients, that seems like an awfully small amount but based on use it seemed to help some. I'm not a scientist and I'm not going to try to pretend I know what all these 29 ingredients do and their effective dosages in order to help boost nitric oxide levels; however, it seemed to help and it feels like something that is in there without the price being jacked up so I'm all for it. This also contains 25mg of P5Pharm Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate which is an "active form of vitamin B6 that plays an important role in amino acid metabolism and helps increase BCAA digestion (MFR Description from TROOP dashboard)."

Maximum Hydration Blend - This is a mix of 4 ingredients (Organic Coconut Water Freeze Dried Powder, 500mg; Potassium Chloride, 100mg; Sodium Chloride, 70mg; Magnesium Gluconate, 10mg) that are supposed to help provide you with electrolytes during your workout to enhance your performance.

The label provides serving sizes for 1 or 2 scoops. I stuck with 1 scoop each time I used it. I have a 32 ounce water bottle for my workouts so 1 scoop in there and shake it well for 10 seconds or so and it mixed well.

Taste was light and flavorful even in 32 ounces of water. I requested and was sent the Candy Grape flavor. It definitely had the artificial grape flavor you get with most drinks and candies. It reminded me of the Wyler's grape water flavor just not as strong. I still felt like I was drinking water as the flavor was light but it would have that gentle grape flavor to go along with it.

I picked this up just at the right time as I was coming off of a two-week break from weights so I was able to start using this fresh and at a point where DOMS would have been worse than normal. My first week back working out I changed my program to work out twice a day. I would get up and do strength sets in the home gym then do hypertrophy work in the afternoon on my lunch hour at Gold's. I took this for both workouts that first week. I backed off the weights some so I would not be overly sore but still felt like I was pushing it. Taking this twice a day that first week DOMS were minimal if any at all so I was very pleased with the results of Aminovide at this point.

The next 3-4 weeks proved to be no different. During these weeks, I only took this during my morning workout. I still experienced little to no DOMs during these weeks. Full disclosure though, I was using a second amino product during my afternoon workouts. I still feel Aminovide served its purpose based on my first week of use with it being my only amino source. The only time I really felt some DOMs was on the last week of Aminovide. I started to pick up my intensity for my workouts and noticed some DOMs that had not been present the prior weeks of use. It was nothing major but some noticeable up tick as compared to before.

This does not appear to be widely available yet as a Google search resulted in 3-4 stores carrying it on the first couple of search pages. I saw it anywhere from $34.95 - $39.95 for a 30 serving tub.

There is only one other vegetable sourced amino product that I would compare this too right now and it is similarly priced but does not provide for the Antioxidant support or hydration blend.

I would like to see the price come down to the $25-$30 range as most of the other all around aminos I use are priced at. This may happen once this product becomes more widely available and the process for making vegetable sourced aminos becomes more refined and widely used. Not a deal breaker at the current price but I would be more willing to regularly use it if priced a little lower, catch it on sale or pick it up with some discount codes.

Side Effects

None to report
    • Candy Grape: 7/10

Overall
    Thanks to Divided Labs for sending it out!
      April 25, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Profile
    • Excellent Taste
    • Dye Free
    • Better Recovery
    • Good Endurance
    • Good Hydration
    ** Introduction & Supplement Facts **
    As the title insists, the old way of synthesizing aminos from trace sources or unclean sources like "animal by-products such as poultry feathers, beaks and feet". Lets just say, if Coach Kris Gethin made a second supplement line this would be it. What is important to know about the difference between the two sources is potency, which is potency. I have had recovery/BCAA products such as this not work before even when containing effective dosing of 2:1:1, and possibly is the product didn't contain what was on the label or due to a cheap Chinese source thus lacking potency. This product has all you need in Aminos: 6g 2:1:1 BCAA's which are instantized and vegan aka fermented, Spectra blend at the clinical dose, P5Pharm which described by Divided "Active form of B6 that plays an important role in amino acid metabolism and increases BCAA digestion", 500mg of Organic Coconut Powder, and other electrolytes. A very well formulated product, that is the first I have used or seen with Spectra. No dyes, naturally flavored.

** Taste, Mixability, & Dosing **
    Can we all just admit that everything tastes better in Bombsicle flavor? Wonderful taste, a bit sweet but with enough water it makes a great drink. Mixability was great, but I did have some coconut powder flakes which were fine. Dosing was mostly spent as intra workout or on my non workout days. I normally had 1 serving depending on the exercise group performed that day or how sore I felt. In addition I used this product pre workout and post workout.

** Effectiveness (8.7/10) **
    I have continued cutting down in weight with my diet, and started doing more endurance based cardio with a higher rep lower weight thrown in the mix. Starting on this as a intra product defiantly reminded me why I like having Electrolytes during my workouts. I felt more capable or refreshed while sipping on this during the workout, and it seemed to be better with recovery also. In terms of hydration I believe it also aided in benefit, where it could be improved based on the vasodilation of the pump products taken along side it. I did take it with a Pre Workout before training on several occasions, which it certainly aided in the effectiveness of that preworkout in terms of energy as the BCAA's will convert the glycogen. Recovery is the main reason that I wanted this product, so surely it was going to be the most effective aspect. Fortunately this did deliver completely in this regard, where DOMS were diminished and overall recovery felt more enhanced compared to not taking a recovery supplement. Overall I felt this product lived up to what other effective BCAA products I have taken, while it isn't the most effective I have had it certainly is in the top of the list.

** Value (7.6/10) **
    There aren't many products that can nail all areas of a review, and while we are getting quality ingredients it is still an area which I would like to improve. Right now it shows that you can purchase this product for $40 at 30 servings, costing $1.33 per serving! While this product does work and contains quality ingredients, it is a bit expensive for my needs especially if the effectiveness is similar to cheaper costing products.

** Overall (8.1/10) **
    I am happy with the results of this product, and think that Divided Labs did an excellent job on the formulation. I would like to see the cost come down, as I feel people would be more likely to purchase it. Effective, Clinically Dosed, Spectra, and Electrolytes.. but this stuff is EXPENSIVE! Thank you divided labs for the opportunity.