New Zealand Whey Protein Reviews

By: Dioxyme

Protein > Whey Protein
New Zealand Whey Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Dioxyme. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall
9.2
9.2
  January 15, 2018

• -Amazing Taste

Hey SR this is a review for a grass fed protein from a company called Dioxyme. This is the first time I've tired anything from this company. When the company put there protein powder up for the Troops I had to try it. Also I've never tired New Zealand grass fed whey protein powder. This protein powder is lab proven along with being substance free of any illegal stuff. Now let's see what kind of protein powder New Zealand whey is.

This protein is 94% whey isolate which will give you 5g more protein along with being grass fed and non-GMO. You will get 27g of protein with each serving. There is three different types of protein in this product isolate, concentrate, and peptides. There is 1g of total fat along with 4.5g of carbs.

Wow this is hands down the best tasting protein on the market! The flavor I received was chocolate peanut butter cup which tasted just like eating the real Reeses cups but without feeling bad. Didn't have any mixability issues. Dosing mix one scoop with 5-8oz of water.

I've had my fair share of crap protein powders and good ones but Dioxyme whey protein is on a whole different level this stuff is amazing. Not only are you getting and amazing tasting protein powder but it's also grass fed protein. Another reason why this protein rocks my shocks is it gave me zero side effects no bloat feeling or the poops. A lot of protein powder jacks up my stomach along with giving really bad gas along with finding my self running to the bathroom but with this protein powder it was never and issue. And this protein powder kept me full longer throughout the day and it help me with my recover time in between my workouts. Dioxyme whey is also a cold-pressed protein source which is a first for me. It really made a difference with the overall quality and taste of the product. Bottom line Dioxyme is a top of the line protein powder.

One Amazon.com the prices ranged depending on the flavor but for vanilla it was 64.99 for 65 servings which is 99cents a serving. Not a bad price of a quality protein powder.

Side Effects

Amazing Ganiz

Conclusion

Get tired of buying cheap crap protein? Try Dioxyme whey protein powder it will not disappoint it's top notch grass fed whey protein. It's also has and amazing taste and will leave you wanting more of it. It made a believer out of me. This is a must have for anyone that is looking for a high quality protein but is also still very affordable.
    • Chocolate peanut butter: 10/10

December 3, 2017

• NO RBGH

First I would like to thank Dioxyme for sending their whey protein out for review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. I was happy to receive a large protein tub as this is the size they carry, and the price I found it for later made it well worth buying.

This is a blended whey protein consisting of both whey concentrate and isolate. Isolate is listed first, so I'm assuming more is added in ratio to concentrate, but the label is not fully disclosed to not exactly sure. Though both proteins are pretty high rating meaning their protein contents are basically high quality.

There's 5g's of carbs in mine which isn't bad, but mainly there because the flavor is cinnamon bun. This is grass fed protein that has no antiobiotics or hormones, which makes it just about organic. They even have it tested to show on label this is a supplement professional athletes can consume safely. Each serving contains 27'gs which is good to see.

The cinnamon bun tasted freaking awesome! Mixed with oatmeal and banana bread for different ways to try it out. One of the best tasting proteins for me thus far.

Mixing is perfect and rarely had to deal with clumping or anything like that. The supplement itself is pretty fine textured, so should mix well under most circumstances.

Dosing was however much extra protein I needed for the day if I couldn't eat and needed to intake protein somehow. Each serving though was only 1 scoop. didn't need more than 27g's of protein that often multiple times each day.

Works like how a protein is supposed to. Fed my muscles and as a result allowed them to recover appropriately with minimal muscle soreness. Digestion wise I never had any issues with this and was fine taking as my morning shake meal to get a quick protein consumption in.

Usually other brands can cause diarrhea and extreme gassiness, so better to invest in something better such as this product. That's about all for effectiveness. In the end it's just a quality protein powder that still works the same as other proteins,.

Found this on Amazon for $65.00. Sounds expensive for a protein, but it contains 65 servings so it would cost a dollar per serving, which is a good price range and not to mention it's essentially close to being organic and processes rather quickly. Some other websites show this as $68, so honestly no a bad deal if you don't mind buying in a larger container.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a protein I would definitely consider buying the next time I need some more protein. Cost is pretty well and the quality is worth it. Thanks again for allowing me to use this supplement Dioxyme.
      • Cinnamon Bun : 10/10

November 13, 2017

• NO RBGH

What is going on SR family! I would like to thanks Dioxyme and the Troopers for the opportunity to give New Zealand Whey Protein a run. As we all know, protein is one the main building block to increase and maintain all the hard work we put in the gym to increase muscle. In this day in age, everyone in their mother is coming out with a protein product with catchy phrases like "No Amino Spiking", just one example. The other phrase we see is Grass Fed Cows, Hmmmm, how much better is it to have protein with just feeding grass than eating Chick-Fil-A.

There are 57 servings at 27 grams of protein, which is a combo of Whey Isolate and Concentrate. These are some of the highlights of New Zealand Whey Protein:

NO rBGH - Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone, which helps the cows, boots productions of milk. In addition, the added hormone will not affect our bodies. For example, I recall growing up that 13 year sold girls look like kids, now a days, most 13 years girl or boy, look as if they can order a drink at a bar with no ID.

Grass Fed Cows - There are benefits of having beef and milk from a grass fed cow. For example, you get healthier omega-3 fatty acids, more conjugated linoleic acid, known to us as (CLA), and more antioxidant. Furthermore, when it comes to consuming the beef, it will be leaner, as suppose to a hormone-inducted cow who can be the next Olympia.

Taste - I received the Coconut flavor and I have to say, very tasty; especially if you mix it will coconut almond milk, it brings the taste out!

Mix - For me, if using any kind of milk product, it gets a bit thicker, which is not bad, since to me, when I would mix it with a milk product, it actually kept me full for almost 2 hours. However, when mixed with water or a fruit juice, it mixed well and it was not thick. No matter how I mixed, I never had no clumping.

Dosing - I was using this one scoop 1st thing in the morning and in some cases, I would add a scoop as part of my intera workout supplementation.

As we know, protein is one of those supplements that are hard to gauge on how effective it is on our body. Therefore, for me, I gauge a protein on how my recovery is after any workout and allow me to hit the gym again as soon as possible.

While taking New Zealand Whey Protein, I noticed a nice reduction of DOMS, especially after a killer leg workout. In addition, endurance for me was increased and fatigue was minimal, since I did not have to take an extra cup of Joe to get me moving. Furthermore, on days where I added a scoop to my intera supplements, my recovery was faster in-between sets, since I was feeding my body constant protein and keeping my body in an anabolic state. New Zealand Whey Protein performed to how a protein should, help with recovery, build muscles, and allows you to hit the gym again without to many days off waiting to recover.

This is where New Zealand Whey Protein takes a hit, at about $65.00 for a 5lbs tub; it can be out of the price point for most gym rats. However, the old saying, "You Get What You Pay For", plays a big part in New Zealand Whey Protein, there are very high quality ingredients that makes this a high-end protein. Keep in mind, there are other 5lbs proteins that you get a bit more servings, but do not provide the clean processing whey that New Zealand Whey Protein is manufactured.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

New Zealand Whey Protein is a high priced product that well put together with a profile that will help your body hit your goals and help with recovery. There are few clean and well-put together proteins out in the market that are priced in the same range as this one; New Zealand Whey Protein is one that if you have the extra cash or find it on sale, I would jump on it.

November 5, 2017

• Soy And Gluten Free

Another special thanks to Dioxyme for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their protein product New Zealand Whey Protein, which I will refer to as NZ Whey. Protein is one of, if not the most, frequently used supplement staple in any regimen when it comes to the nutritional aspects of fitness goals. There are more protein products on today's market than one can count with whey being the most common. Of course, plant-based as well as other types like micellar casein also exist. Then, there are specialty blended supplements that combine the best of multiple types. NZ whey is nothing overly unique, but it is something that caught my eye for its touted quality and protein profile make up.

Each serving provides 27g of protein. This protein quantity consists a combination of both whey isolate and concentrate. Each serving also provides 4.5g of carbs, 2.7g of sugar, 1g of fat, and 134 total calories.

Dioxyme explains that it uses whey derived from grass-fed pasture raised cows. As most who are familiar with dairy derived protein sources, grass fed cow's milk is noted to be higher in vitamin content as well as contain additional omega-3 fatty acids and higher concentrations of CLA. They claim to use a "newer" low temperature ultrafiltration process. Supposedly, this means that rather than the whey being a byproduct of cheese production, it is derived straight from the actual cow's milk. I would guess this means the whey retains a greater percentage of naturally occurring nutrients.

There is also added taurine and glycine, but the amount is not disclosed.

The protein is of an organic source and the supplement itself is free of gluten and soy. Furthermore, the milk is free of added hormones and synthetic hormonal products.

The one thing I am not too fond of is the use of sucralose and maltodextrin, but other than that, the profile is sufficient.

NZ Whey comes in 6 flavors: Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Strawberry, Vanilla, Coconut, and Cinnamon Bun.

I requested the cinnamon bun flavor and all I can say is, no regrets. The flavor was friggin delicious in anything I mixed it in. Like with most proteins, I used a combination of different liquids including water, milk, and almond milk. I also used it as an additive to my blended shakes with added fruit, greek yogurt, and peanut butter. I even made my own oatmeal with NZ whey. I would combine one scoop of NZ whey to a desired amount of steel cut oats, add some milk (almond milk), a little fruit like blueberries, and microwave it for about a minute and a half. No matter what preparations or liquids I used, my taste buds went straight to heaven.

Mixability was good and thorough. Whether with a utensil to stir, a shaker cup, or blender, I always got a full and complete mixture without an clumps or globs.

As I always say, dosing with protein supplements depends on your specific macro needs. For me, I would take a serving in the morning either as part of a morning shake or as part of my oatmeal breakfast as I described earlier. If it were a training day, I would take an additional serving usually with just water post workout about 15 minutes following some immediate post workout carbs, bcaas, or creatine supplementation. On non-training days I would only take my morning serving and obtain my remaining macros through my meals throughout the day. Since my training says range from 5-6 days, that would equate that two servings a day was the most frequent dosing protocol for me.

I know by now it's sounding repetitious, but I always must be specific on how I grade efficacy with protein based on how it aided my recovery and how its quality and quantity aided my macro management.

First, I will say that NZ Whey did a very good job in helping my recovery throughout the weeks and following my workouts. All indicative factors of exercise induced damage such as DOMS and fatigue were significantly reduced and I had more natural energy throughout each consecutive days leading to my next workouts. I was also able to go at my workouts with more intensity with less lagging soreness, which can be a problem at times if I am hitting multiple muscle groups more frequently than normal in accordance to my training rotation. I can also thank the addition of the glycine and taurine for aiding my recovery since these ingredients come in great use when it comes to improving athletic performance.

The 27g of high quality protein was a great way to help get in my required macros without any added fats, sugars, or unwanted carbs. The idea of the protein being organic without any hormonal additives, soy, or gluten (even though I have no health issues with gluten) was also a nice reassurance since we don't know what they put into stuff these days.

Overall, I really enjoyed my use with NZ Whey as it helped in all areas I expected.

This is where NZ Whey loses some notable points. As one would expect, with higher quality, comes higher price. The cheapest retail price I found for a full 5 lbs tub is 64.99 on Amazon. Though, it should be noted, that is NOT including shipping and there is in fact a shipping charge. You get 65 servings per tub, so the bright note is that even if you are a multi-serving user like myself the tub should still stretch a little over a month. Furthermore, one should consider that other high quality proteins of similar claims like no additives or unnecessary fillers on today's market actually run higher. Granted they may have a few more servings, they can run about 10-15 dollars more expensive and may not have the same quantity of protein per serving. So, while I wouldn't expect anyone to be fond of the idea of spending that much for a protein supplement, it is definitely not the worst of investments nor the most expensive. However, I do strongly suggest looking out for sales and deals from the website itself.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In closing, NZ Whey may carry a heavy price tag, but I think it is a worthy once in a great while investment for a high quality and effective protein supplement. Provided your diet and training are in check, NZ Whey can aid in recovery, overall muscle development, and help meet your daily macro requirements without any unwanted added fats, sugars, and carbs. Again, be sure to look out for sales since the price tag can be a discouragement factor.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!
      • Cinnamon Bun : 9/10

March 15, 2015

• Excellent Taste
      Shout out and thanks to Dioxyme, for sending out a rather generously sized container of their New Zealand Whey Protein.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
      Straight forward and simple profile. Utilizes a blend of whey proteins via “100% grassfed whey protein and whey concentrate in 2:1 ratio”, totaling 30 grams of protein per serving. The carbohydrates are from both dextrose and maltodextrin, but only 5g (3g of which are sugars). On top of all that, you get one whole gram of fat. Top to bottom, it’s a fairly clean and lean profile.

MIXING: B
      One scoop mixes up effortlessly, but two scoops takes some effort. Anything less than 400ml of water, resulted in a very thick, syrup-like mixture. It wasn’t too bad, but it was a bit unpleasant post workout. For two scoops, just drown it with water and you’re good. Other than that, high marks here.

TASTE: A
      I received their “Chocolate” flavor, and it was better than expected. They are probably better tasting chocolate proteins, but I be hard pressed to say there are cleaner tasting. For comparison’s sake, I tried a few samples of another brand (which will remain nameless). The sample tasted great, but you could tell it was probably loaded with sugar and other artificial flavorings. Dioxyme NZWP, almost the complete opposite. Very good, clean taste.

EFFECTIVENESS: B
      I primarily used NZWP post workout (two scoops) usually in conjunction with a Snickers’ Bar or something like that, and with breakfast (one scoop) mixed in with Greek yogurt.
      It’s difficult to knock what works out be the equivalent of food, but there were some tummy troubles. Some slight gas that made the commute home form the gym uncomfortable at times. It wasn’t a consistent bother, so there may have been some other factors at play. As for the breakfast serving, nothing bad to report. There is an allergen warning on the label for milk and soy, but I’m usually good to go with the higher quality protiens.
      All that said, for the most part, NZWP is A-OK.

VALUE: C
      It only seems that 5lb tubs are currently available (which is what I received), and those will run around $75 or so (excluding S&H). Similar products (via SR) can be had for around $50 to $60. However, that $75 will get you approximately 61 servings versus the 40 servings from the other dudes. So, price per serving remains about the same.
      Big picture, the value isn’t too bad at all when compared. However, how many of us would pay $75 for protein? I honestly feel like that is the question faced with when it comes to NZWP. The value isn’t too bad, but it is expensive.

OVERALL: B
      Overall I did like Dioxyme’s New Zealand Whey Protein a lot. It does rank up there with some of the best I’ve tried. The value is on point with competitors, but the price is higher than I would pay for. If you can find it for a better price, it’s a good option.