(Better than 42% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

Per4Mance Pump is a Pump Product manufactured by Destine Nutrition. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

6.8
  April 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Nice Colors
  • Nice Name
  • Patented Form Of Glycerol
  • Stimulant Free
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Small Boost On Energy
  • Small Boost On Performance
  • Small Boost On Endurance
  • Unknown Citrulline Malate Ratio

QUICK SUMMARY

Read Conclusion. I wonder who was the lazy one putting this section here... *Looks at admin*

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to Destine Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOPS program with several of their products and to SupplementReviews for making the connection possible. While taking this product, I was doing Arms 3x per week so it was perfect to test the Pump/Vascularity of this product. I liked the ingredients when I saw the label so let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

This product has:
- 4g of Citrulline DL-Malate: It's a combination between Citrulline and Malic Acid. I'm ok with this dose considering I don't usually use Stimulant Free Preworkouts by themselves, I usually combine a Stimulant Preworkout and a Stimulant Free Preworkout (the times I even use them). That being said, I think they had to include the ratio of Citrulline Malate they use... We don't know if it's a 2:1 ratio or 1:1 or even if it's more Malic Acid than Citrulline! Citrulline Malate is more for increased performance than for Pumps. SR has a very brief description of this ingredient saying: "Combination of Citrulline and Malic Acid that increases Nitric Oxide production in the body and buffers lactic acid in the body resulting in greater vasodilation and endurance." For more benefits of Citrulline Malate and general information, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/citrulline-malate Btw, this is NOT pure L-Citrulline, I see some people confused saying it's 4g of Citrulline, no it's not.

- 2g of Creatine Monohydrate: Creatine gives you muscular energy, strength and it's also good to make your muscles feel fuller, which contributes to the Pump feeling. 2g is a low dose, I would have liked to see atleast the standard 5g dose. The minimum effective dose for strength based on my experience is 3g but considering that's not the main purpose of using Creatine in this formula, then I would have liked to see atleast a 5 gram dose so this is underdosed. Creatine has plenty of other benefits so if you don't know about Creatine or want to know more information, feel free to check the SR search bar or read other reviews of Creatine here: https://supplementreviews.com/categories/creatine or browse Google.

- 2g of Beta Alanine for increased performance, strength, delay fatigue, train for longer time, etc. For more benefits and how it works, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/beta-alanine Not the full clinical dose of 3.2g but I've found 2g of Beta Alanine being effective in other formulas so it's not a bad dose. That being said, for the price you're asking, I expected the 3.2g dose, even more considering it's not the patented version of Beta Alanine.

- 2g of HydroMax (Glycerol Powder 65%). Not a frequent user of this ingredient but it has a lot of potential. From SupplementReviews: "Endurance athletes can benefit from glycerol supplementation in conjunction with increased water intake prior to an event. This causes something referred to as hyper hydration due to the fact that the athletes muscles will retain more water and thereby enhance their performance. Additionally, bodybuilders also have found benefits from incorporating glycerol supplements into their stacks. It drives water into the muscle cells thereby inducing a major pump. Whereas most traditional pump supplements operate off increasing Nitric Oxide (NO) production, glycerol fosters water-based pumps." For more information regarding this ingredient (benefits, definition, dose, etc) read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/hydromax The 2g dose is excellent and I like what I read about Hydromax. This ingredient should be used more, especially in Pump products, removing L-Citrulline because for the ones that combine Stimulant & Stimulant Free Preworkouts like me, excessive Citrulline will cause extra bathroom trips.

- 5mg of Bioperine for increased absorption of all these ingredients.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

- TASTE: I received "Miami Vice". User @Brotein did an accurate brief description of the flavor: "Best way I could describe it was tropical fruits mixed with coconut." Something like that. Without water, it was very delicious, with water it had a good taste. 8/10.

- MIXABILITY: Could feel some of the powder, not a big deal but you will feel some grains.

- DOSING: Considering I was taking a Stimulant Pre-Workout that already has Citrulline, then I decided to take Per4mance Pump during my workout, specifically before starting my Arms workout. That way the Citrulline from the Preworkout could be used on Chest or Shoulders and the ingredients from Per4mance Pump could be used for Arms. So I took 1 scoop on 10-12oz of water and drank it all.

EFFECTIVENESS

Before starting, I would like to say that the effectiveness of this product was most probably also influenced by the ingredients of the Stimulant Pre-Workout, especially the 8g of Citrulline Malate, 1.5g of Agmatine Sulfate from LabTech Full Spectrum Rx. A lot of it was used on the first muscle (Chest or Shoulders) but of course some of it was also used by the body during my Arms session. That being said, I was also able to try Per4mance Pump alone for a week, that allowed me to feel the difference of effects.

This product is in the Pump subcategory of the Preworkout category. So regarding Pumps, I have to talk about muscles fullness and Vascularity. In this area, it surprised me a lot. I had some months without feeling the "pain" from Pumps. My 2 previous preworkouts gave me some percent of Pump but never got me to feel the pain so I was happy I got to feel it again. My body fat is moderately high so I don't expect to see that "X" vein that is always gone and that you only see it when your body fat is low. But my veins were more visible during the Arms session and also post-workout. I don't know if VMI Arimidrol also contributed with the Post-Workout vascularity or if it was because I took Per4mance Pump just before my Arms session so the ingredients were still working after my workout was done. IMO, both facts influenced that. I would put a 9/10 here.

But remember that 9/10 is also influenced by the ingredients from Full Spectrum Rx. I was able to try Per4mance Pump without Full Spectrum Rx for a week approximately and the results were also solid, a little bit less of effectiveness. I would give it an 7.5/10 or 8/10 if I'm generous which is ok for me.

That's all I should review? No. I read some complaints about judging the Energy and Endurance from this supplement. First of all, the name of the product is called "PER4MANCE". Why would they call it Performance and not judge Performance? Like I always say: "Not everything is about Pump and Vascularity. Increasing Nitric Oxide levels also provide benefits related to endurance and performance." If you read the benefits of Citrulline Malate, Creatine, Beta Alanine, Hydromax, you will see those ingredients have benefits regarding Energy, Performance, Endurance. In fact, Citrulline Malate is more specialized on performance than Pumps. Of course, in the energy Area, it's not the same Energy felt by Caffeine or other stimulants, it's more of a natural energy production. So based on everything I've said, of course I also have to judge the effectiveness of those areas so good job doing it SR user @BlakePullen.

THAT being said, the main focus on judgement should be Pump/Vascularity because it's the main purpose of this product so take that into account. @BlakePullen described the Energy area like this: "Very slight boost, about the equivalent to a cup of coffee. It was definitely lacking in this regard." Even though like I implied, you shouldn't compare both types of energies, that feeling was expected because the Citrulline:Malic Acid ratio is unknown, because the Creatine Monohydrate is underdosed and Beta Alanine is also a bit underdosed so it was expected it wasn't going to do a lot on these areas. 6.5/10 here.

VALUE

Only seems to be available at www.destinenutrition.com but the website has a couple of days that is apparently down, I don't know what is happening, maybe they already discontinued the brand?? Who knows... anyways, its price was $44.99. If money isn't a problem for you, then go ahead and try it, you will like it. But for cheap people like me, @Wis3guy, @kaka, etc, that price for me is too high and expensive. I would say a price of $30 would be more fair. If the doses of Creatine, Beta Alanine and even Citrulline increase to their full clinical dose, then a price of $40 would be more fair. That being said, I don't know if they really expect to have that price of $44.99, maybe the price is just elevated for not competing with physical and online retailers (in the future).

But considering I don't know that, then I have to judge it based on $44.99. Increased it to 6.8 because of Effectiveness.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Per4mance Pump is an effective product for Pumps/Vascularity, so it would be a great complement for that stimulant pre-workout that needs an extra push on some of these ingredients. For example, a Cellucor C4 + Per4mance Pump would work great because C4 doesn't have too many ingredients for Pump but it has Creatine Nitrate. The Creatine from this and from C4 should work great together. The Beta Alanine dose would be higher than the full clinical dose, HydroMax would be able to shine like always and C4 doesn't have Citrulline either so it would be a nice addition. This was just an example of how you can combine 2 products (a normal average stimulant preworkout with a potent product for Pumps), that way you can have a great preworkout duo!

It still needs to increase doses of certain ingredients for it to be considered a Stimulant Free Preworkout so now I understand why this is in the Pump subcategory of Preworkouts. So the quick summary would be: For Pumps: Great, for other benefits: Small boost.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Increase the dose of Beta Alanine and Creatine.
2. Disclose the ratio of Citrulline:Malic Acid you're using.
3. If you want to keep this as a Pump product specialist, then keep the 4g but knowing the ratio of Citrulline Malate is important. If you want to sell this as a Stimulant Free Preworkout, consider increasing the Citrulline Malate, along with Suggestion #1. It's your decision but remember about the name of the product. "PER4MANCE PUMP". Great Pump but Performance could be better. I'm telling you how to make it better, it's your choice.
  • Miami Vice: 8/10

February 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Stimulant Free
  • Patented Form Of Glycerol
  • Tastes Great
  • Mixes Well
Destine Nutrition is one of the latest companies to appear on our radar here on SR, and they offer a number of good looking products. The one that most caught my eye was Per4mance Pump, considering I've been looking to lower my overall caffeine intake and haven't used a stim-based pre in a little while now.

In Per4mance Pump, we have the following:

4g L-Citrulline DL-Malate
2g Creatine Monohydrate
2g Beta-Alanine
2g Hydromax (Glycerol Powder)
5mg Bioperine

A pretty good looking profile. 4g isn't low for Citrulline, but isn't exactly high, either. Higher than a lot of other products that include it, so I have no complaints. It isn't even the ingredient that caught my eye the most, so it settles in nicely at 4g in my opinion.

2g a piece of Creatine and Beta Alanine are both a bit low, but again, not the driving point behind this product.

2g of Hydromax is what I was most interested in. This is a pretty nice dose of glycerol, so I always made sure to hydrate more than I normally would while using this so I could reap the benefits fully. Hydromax "enhances plasma and intramuscular volume expansion, producing a more engorged muscular appearance." In other words, it helps you get a huge pump and keep you hyper hydrated so long as you increased your fluid intake. Interestingly enough, Hydromax could also be used for the opposite effect in people getting ready to compete, as you could take it without increasing your fluid intake and it would help to dry the body out and look leaner. Fun stuff.

Topping it all off is our good friend Bioperine, helping everything be absorbed more efficiently by the body. 5mg seems to be the standard in a variety of different products.

Miami Vice was the flavor of Per4mance Pump, and simply put, it was very tasty. 20-24oz of water to a scoop seemed to be the sweet spot in terms of flavor. Best way I could describe it was tropical fruits mixed with coconut.

In terms of texture, it was gritty, but not so much that it was bothersome. Not much sediment left at the bottom so long as I kept mixing as I went along. Great job in this area.

8.5/10

I was looking for some good pumps since I wasn't really taking any stimulants pre-workout, but this exceeded what I initially expected to get out of it. The pumps I got from this were great! Very dense, very full, very solid pumps were the norm while using Per4mance Pump. Not once did I go without a pump when using it.

As far as strength and endurance were concerned, I think there was a bit of a boost, but not much. Considering the doses were a little low on the Creatine and Beta Alanine, I'm not surprised. Then again, this wasn't the focus of the product in my eyes, so it doesn't affect the rating for me so much.

As it stands now, this is the only drawback for Per4mance Pump. It's pricey at $45 for 30 servings, and is currently only available directly through the Destine website as far as I could find. At $1.50 per scoop, it's one of the more expensive pump products around, but I would imagine the price comes down quite a bit if it ever hits retail sites. It worked very well, so I think a 7 is fair for this.

Side Effects

Overall

A great pump product from an up and coming company, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a stimulant free option. It's currently a little pricey, but if it ever becomes cheaper, I could see this being a go-to product when I'm in need of something like it.
  • Miami Vice: 9/10

7.1
  February 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Increse Endurance
What's up SR family! Before I begin, I would like to thank Destine Nutrition and the Trooper for the opportunity to review Per4Mance Pump. Yes, we all love to look at ourselves in the gym when we have that massive pump. I have been a fan of pump products to stack with pre-workouts for a long time; therefore, I am always looking for that right One, Two punch to help me beat the weights up. Before I decided to run Per4Mance Pump, I wanted to look at the label, so I know I am not selecting something I know will not work for me. It was an adventure, but I was able to find and choose to run it.

One thing I liked, the label was full disclosure, which is always a good thing to know what is going in and in sometimes, what is going out. You get 4 grams of Citrulline Malate, which at this amount, it helps me, and some of you, stop us from starting our workouts in the restroom. There is 2 grams of Creatine Mono, which I am not a big fan of, since it makes me retain a lot of water. However, if Per4Mance Pump is going to have it, then why not put in 5 grams. Now, there is a nice amount of HydroMax 2grams, which is a sweet spot for many. In addition, you get 2grams of Beta-Alanine and 5 mg of Black Pepper Extract.

Taste - I have to say, cool name for a flavor "Miami Vice", this was not bad, as you know from my reviews, I do not care too much on taste as long as it works.

Mixing - This mixed well, no clumping, mixed right in, even when mixed with a pre-workout. Side Note, keep in mind the amount of Citrulline you have if you are going to stack with a pre-workout. I did the mistake and consumed almost 10 grams, well you all know where my workout started and ended?

Dosing - I took this typically about 20 mins before hitting the gym, sometimes when AI would stack it, I would do it 30 mins out so my pre can kick in at 100%

Per4Mance Pump hit the spot for me when it came to what the product is indented. In order to make sure that the pumps were from Per4Mance Pump and not a combination of it stacked, I took it by itself when I did arms. My pump-testing workout is a crazy set of 21s and Skull Crushers. When I did this routine, the pumps were spot on; I respond well to HydroMax.

When I used Per4Mance Pump with a pre-workout, it was like pumps on top of pumps, especially if the pre contained some Agmatine Sulfate. The pumps at times were became so intense when stack with a something else, body parts would just lock. In addition, I would use a serving of Per4Mance Pump when I would do some cardio and I have to say, I noticed an increase of endurance.

Per4Mance Pump is not the cheapest one in pond, at $45.00 for 30 servings; it is a bit on the high side. I have used other products in the past with similar profiles for less than $35.00; this is the only section I have to hit Per4Mance Pump on value.

Side Effects

No sides or even water retention that sometimes I get with Mono

Conclusion

I believe Per4Mance Pump is a well-put together product, with proven ingredients and amounts. However, if Per4Mance Pump wants to compete with others in the market, the price will need to be revalued. In my opinion, if you want to try something new and have some extra cash laying around, I would give Per4Mance Pump a run. I would like to thank Destine Nutrition again for the opportunity.

February 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • No Energy
  • Endurance Was Lacking

What's up guys? This product caught my eye because 'PUMPS' have always been a fascination of mine. When this product was posted I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to chase a good pump. As always, I'd like to thank all the people at SR and Destine for making this review possible! Let's dive in.

It's a rather simple label really:
4g of Citrulline Malate
2g of Creatine Monohydrate
2g of Beta-Alanine
2g of Hydromax
5mg of Black pepper extract

The ingredients themselves are great prototypical pre-workout ingredients they just appear however to be slightly under dosed from the clinical recommendations (3.2g for beta-alanine, 6g fro Citrulline malate, and 5g for Creatine mono). 4g of citrulline is still a substantial enough of a dose to get your blood pumping and your veins popping. 2g of Beta-Alanine will still increase your endurance levels, but you might not get those glorified tingles if you have built up a tolerance to it. 2g of hydromax is actually the preferred amount listed on several websites for improved absorption. that along with the black pepper extract should help this product kick in a lot faster than without any absorption help. This is a pump product so we're hoping that we get that skin shredding pump as fast as we can after we take our PRE.

Taste: "Miami Vice"
I can best describe this as a sort of interesting berry flavor. It was not very strong and a little flat for my taste, but not bad by any means. I usually chug my pre-workout down anyway.

Mixibility: The 12 grams of powder dissolves pretty easily into any basic shaker cup after a few good shakes. I never had any issues with clumping or anything like that.

Dosage: 1 scoop about 15 minutes before I walked into the gym. If you wanted more of a hit 2 scoops of this product would make it a much better pre workout in my opinion. I tried double scooping a couple times and could definitely tell a major difference (face tingles for days).

Endurance: Improved slightly because of the 2g of beta-alanine but not to what I've been used to with other higher dosed products. I didn't find myself tiring out necessarily, but I could physically feel my accessory muscles taking over in heavy compound lifts at the end of my training sessions. I usually don't have this problem with other products higher in beta-alanine/ betaine.

Pump: This is the name of the product so I had a little more expectations. The label contains 4g of citrulline malate (which is a couple grams under dosed) so I didn't know exactly how this product was going to pump me up BUT it did! My veins were as crazy as they have ever been. I found this really odd since I've had products with more citrulline/ agmatine and have had less of a pump effect. It left me scratching my head but I was not complaining! This product brought very good vascularity and that 'swelled up feeling.'

Energy: Very slight boost, about the equivalent to a cup of coffee. It was definitely lacking in this regard.

$44.99 on the manufacturer's website ( I could not find this anywhere else). This comes out to $1.50 per serving and is frankly just too overpriced for me. Yes the pumps were pretty good, but the endurance was lacking and the energy boost was nonexistent. I can go out and get straight agmatine powder for much less if I just wanted wicked pumps.

Side Effects

No negatives

Conclusion

This product is a bit of a one trick pony, but it is mainly marketed as a "Pump pre-workout" product so I can't throw too much shade. I enjoyed using the product during this run, however, it is not a product that I would see myself adding to my permanent stack.