Omega Sport Reviews

By: Destine Nutrition

Omega Sport is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by Destine Nutrition. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

April 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Swallow
  • Effective
  • Slight Bloating
  • Mild Fish Burps

Hi ho SR team, Lionheart here with another review. Going to share my experience with Destine Nutrition's Omega Sport product. Omega Sport is essentially a fish oil product used to promote joint, heart, and immune health. For those of you not bored to tears about hearing about me, I'm 48, in decent shape, workout 2-3 times a week, cardio & weights, looking to healthy lifestyle and supplementation to maintain my youth. OK, now that that's out of the way, here we go with the review.

As stated above, Omega Sport is a 100% Purified Fish Oil product derived from Nordic sources, which in my research, proves to provide the best quality and the highest level of effectiveness. This product is touted as a functional support product with multiple benefits that can help lessen side effects experienced from other products and/or intense training. I personally ran this along a course of Androsta which is known to dry joints and Omega Sport was a tremendous help in alleviating those joint issues.

Ingredients in Omega Sport are simple and straightforward. It contains 2000mg of fish oil that derives 360mg of EPA and 240mg of DHA, both essential omega fatty acids that provide the benefits of the product. These ingredients also produce about 20 calories and 2g of total fat. A simple and concise profile.

Omega Sport are soft gels with the recommended dosage of 2 soft gels daily with a meal. The soft gels are average size and went down smoothly. No taste and really no smell either. Easy dosing schedule that can be taken with morning, noon, or evening meals. Nice.

I took Omega Sport for 6 weeks and I have to say I found this to be one of the best fish oil products that I've used. Since I'm old, I take a fish oil daily for a variety of benefits. Where Omega Sport really shined is in the joint support department. As I stated earlier, I ran this along with a course of Nolvadren XT, which can really dry your joints and make it difficult to work out. For me, Nolvadren XT really hits me in the leg joints. This time around with the Omega Sport, I did not feel any pain or discomfort in either my knees or ankles during this last cycle. It really is that good!

Value is an area where Omega Sport really stands out. The only place I was able to locate it was on the Destine website where it sold for $20. Keep in mind that a $20 bottle includes a 45 day supply, 90 gels, making it a tremendous value. Similar products I've seen sell for $10 or $15 more for only a 30 day supply.

Side Effects

I did experience a few, minor, sides with Omega Sport, but nothing you're not going to get from any other fish oil supplement. It's the nature of the beast, so to speak. That being said, it did cause me a bit of bloating shortly after taking but this only lasted an hour or so as well as some fishy burps that again, only lasted a short time after taking. None of these we really significant and didn't stop me from continued use.

Conclusion

So, to close out this review, I give the LionHeart stamp of approval on Destine's Omega Sport. It's a truly effective fish oil supplement, in solid dosages, that will be an asset to support any cycle you want to run or for just daily support. If you're looking to add a fish oil supplement to your regimen, take a chance on this one, you won't be disappointed!

LionHeart, signing off...

March 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Swallow
  • No Fish Burps

Big thanks to Destine Nutrition for not only this opportunity but for their active participation in our community overall. Fish Oil has been a staple in my nutritional arsenal for many years and should be in anyone's whether they are active or not.

Pretty straight forward profile here boys and girls.

Serving Size - 2 Soft Gels

2000mg Fish Oil

360mg EPA
    240mg DHA

So an important factor to consider when looking at fish oil supplements is where the oil is sourced. There are cheaper sources that can be high in heavy metals such as mercury and other contaminants, so finding a quality supplement is highly recommended. I'm not sure where their oil is sourced but given that they are a reputable company I would assume that they do not source from cheaper suppliers. Maybe their rep can weigh in on the types of fish used and where they come from. The other review on this product stated that it is sourced from Nordic sources but I haven't seen any confirmation of this.

The other factor is to look at the concentration of EPA/DHA since that is really the secret sauce where all the benefits are reaped. 360/240mg is a pretty standard concentration in 2000mg of fish oil.

Taste/Dosing

So anyone who has ever taken a cheap fish oil supplement will attest to the horrendous and dreaded fish burps. I'm happy to report that there was not once incident of this with Omega Sport. Enteric coated fish oil gels don't generally suffer from this problem. So no taste to report and in this case, no news is definitely good news. Dosing was simple since it was just one with lunch and one with dinner. I usually try to take my fish oil along with my multi since some vitamins are better absorbed along with fat.

Fish Oil is a tough supplement to try and quantify the effects. Especially when you consider that the positive effects such as reduced inflammation tend to be a cumulative deal. That being said I definitely didn't notice any adverse effects from switching from my normal brand (Carlson) so I will give the benefit of the doubt and say that it is as effective as any other quality fish oil. No flaring up of low back pain or anything of that nature anyway.

So there are definitely cheaper options out there for Fish Oil but if this is in fact a quality sourced brand of fish oil, then they aren't far out of line with their asking price of $19.99. Although you can find what I know to be quality fish oil for slightly less. So you'll be in oil for three months at one cap per day and 45 days for two. For my normal go to product I usually get 120 caps for the same price. So if there were 120 gels for $19.99 I would bump the value up a couple notches.

Side Effects

No fish burps and no problems.

Conclusion

Things like fish oil may not be as exciting as a stim heavy, pump crazy pre workout but they are important. If you find this product on sale or out and about there is no reason to not buy them. But seeing as I am A.) not sure about the source of the oil and B.) able to get more of another good quality fish oil for the same price, I simply can't recommend that you go out and seek this brand over another. This was tricky to decide whether to give it a "yes" or a "meh" on the recommended part. I'm going to be a nice guy here and give it a "yes", but go on record as saying there are cheaper options that are also of exceptional quality.

February 3, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Swallow
    • No Fish Burps

Whats up SR, I wanted to drop my review of Omega Sport by one of the hottest new brands on the scene, Destine Nutrition. I chose this product as I have always used a fish oil along with a multivitamin as a staple in my supplement routine.

Pretty simple here:
      2,000mg of Fish Oil
      EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) - 360mg
      DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) - 240mg
      All of the fish are Nordic sourced as well, so a very high quality fish oil in the correct ratio.

These are a softgel style, which means that there is no taste or flavour. The softgels are coated as well meaning no gross fish burps after ingestion. The softgels are very reasonably sized and are no trouble to swallow. Dosing is 2 softgels, I took an average of 4 pills per day while taking this product.

It is always hard to gauge the effectiveness of a product like a fish oil, so I'll try and go with what I noticed during the run that I can attribute to the Omega Sport. I had zero joint issues while using this product, I am normally not prone to having any joint issues, but with all of the heavy training I do I like to prevent that before it happens by always using something like a fish oil, this product filled that role perfectly for me. Destine also claims that this product helps with an immune system boost, I did not get sick at any point while running this product, while there was a bug going around the office. It was a very convenient source of my omega fats that gave me no trouble digestively as well as swallowing.

This rings in at $19.99 on the Destine website, for 45 servings in the bottle, if you stick to one serving this product has fantastic value, however obviously if you increase your dose then the value decreases, so be aware of how much you want to take before purchasing.

Side Effects

None, no fish burps

Conclusion

In conclusion this is a very well sourced and dosed Fish oil/ Omega product. The coated softgels and ease in taking them really helps to solidify this as a great Omega product. The benefits may be hard to notice on their own, but a solid fish oil is always a great staple in any supplement regime to help cover many bases. Well done Destine Nutrition.