(Better than 27% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

Gold Dust is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Destine Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

April 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strong Energy Boost
  • Clean Energy
  • Jitter-Free
  • No Crash
  • Improved Stamina
  • High Price
  • Harsh Flushing

As I tackled a more aggressive and constant gym routine as part of my New Year's resolution, I decided I wanted a pure high-stim preworkout for some of those early morning workout sessions (as opposed to a more well-rounded product). I really enjoyed Destine's AminoZone and decided to grab Gold Dust when it popped up for Troopers. Thanks to Destine for allowing me to run both products.

A note on timeline - I was primarily running Torque when I grabbed Gold Dust. I dropped in a few scoops of the Dust here and there as a change of pace, but for the most part I ran this after I'd finished my tub of Torque.

As stated, Gold Dust has a strong stim profile with 350mg caffeine and 200mg of 2-aminoisoheptane. FYI - college athletes will likely want to avoid this product due to its inclusion of 2-aminoisoheptane, which is similar in structure and effect as the stimulant DMAA and the nasal decongestant Tuaminoheptance, both of which are barred from use by anti-doping agencies.

Also included are clinical doses of NALT, Beta Alanine, and Taurine. I personally really appreciated the inclusion and dosage of L-Theanine, which is a relaxing amino acid that is synergistic with stimulants can "take the edge off" those supplements. Works really well here.

The Theobromine and Yohimbe are really the only players here that are lightly dosed, but personally I was fine with that fact. I've never responded strongly to Theobromine and given the already strong stim profile, I prefered a lesser dose of Yohimbe which has caused me some jitters and "crashing" in other supplements. Just to hammer this point again though; these are both stimulants in a sense and, despite the low dosages, are stacking on top of the caffeine and 2-amino. This is definitely not the preworkout for a beginner/stim-sensitive individual.

I received the Miami Vice flavor which tasted like I was drinking Banana Boat tanning oil. VERY strong coconut flavoring here. Not my favorite flavor of all time, but certainly not the worst tasting preworkout I've tried. Could use some work.

No issues at all with mixability. The powder dissolves almost instantly with minimal shaking. I generally threw between 3/4ths and one full scoop in 12oz. of water and sipped on my way to the gym, probably ~20 minutes preworkout.

Straight up, the first workout I had on Gold Dust was AMAZING. One of the best I'd had in a long while. I'd been avoiding high stim preworkouts for some time and immediately noticed the impact this stim profile had on me. A strong burst of clean energy that easily lasted for my hour-long workout, but didn't give me a stim-hangover, body chills, or anything else along those lines. I mention those sides specifically as I've just had a really poor experience with a different high-stim product, which makes me appreciate Gold Dust all the more.

The performance was slightly inconsistent. Not every single workout was as incredible as the first, but on the whole I really enjoyed what Gold Dust provided. Got me absolutely jacked up and ready to lift most mornings. I did notice a significant drop-off in effects when I took this on a full stomach, which makes sense. I also had two workouts in particular with some harsh side effects - see that section for more details.

Let's be clear again here, you're buying Gold Dust for one sole purpose and that's a ridiculous burst of energy. The pump and strength ingredients are noticeably absent from the profile, so obviously I wasn't expecting much on that front. Totally fine with me. I knew what I was getting but if you're in the market for a well-rounded product, this probably isn't the preworkout for you.

The industry average for preworkouts, from my research, is right around $1.00 per serving. If you want a more aggressive product that touts high quality, clinically dosed ingredients (Outlift for example) you can expect to pay closer to $1.75 per scoop.

Gold Dust, like AminoZone, is not widely available and is expensive - $45 for 30 scoops / $1.50 per serving. That's high, especially considering this doesn't have the sort of robust profile of a product like Outlift. However we all know a vendor's own website is often the most expensive place to purchase supplements. Perhaps because Destine is a relatively new company explains why their products aren't available on major retail sites just yet. I am hoping that changes and, when it does, it drops the price point of their products.

Side Effects

I had two workouts in particular where I experienced a strong flushing sensation across my face and shoulders, resulting in a blotchy rash that lasted about two hours. Beta Alanine is known for its flushing effects so I am assuming that's what caused this reaction, but I am unsure why exactly it happened only these two times and why the effects were so prominent.

The only think I can pinpoint is that those two workouts in particular I took a large heaping scoop on a totally empty stomach. Not all that different from how I dosed most of the tub, but it was enough to cause me to dial back the scoop size just a bit. I didn't have another negative experience once I dropped back to just under a full scoop.

Conclusion

For the most part I really liked Gold Dust. When it hit me right, it was phenomenal and one of the better stim-focused products I've tried. If you're hunting a preworkout to punch you in the face with energy but does so without jitters, than check out the Dust. Keep in mind the price is a bit higher than competitor products, but it could be worth it if you respond as well as I did (for the most part). Also this is awesome to stack with a pump-focused product.

Would not recommend to stim-sensitive individuals or supplement beginners.
  • Miami Vice: 6/10

April 5, 2018

• Increased Focus

Gold Dust is a well-dosed stimulant-heavy preworkout that is free from Pump ingredients. Anyone who uses Gold Dust will be likely to appreciate the heightened focus and alertness as a result of the active ingredients, and can use it with or without an additional pump product. It is on the more expensive side, but is worth considering.

Gold Dust is by far the prettiest looking tub of powder in my kitchen cabinets. How does it fare in the iron jungle though? That's what we really want to know!!

I'd like to thank Destine Nutrition for sending this out for review. I actually think it was sitting on the dashboard for quite a while before I claimed it, and I was surprised by that because the ingredients panel looked really solid. Well, for all the talk we do about being a bunch of stim-junkies, I think we must also be pump-junkies if this was just sitting on the dash!

I've used non-pump PWOs before with good success, so let's review how this held up!

We have a full disclosure panel on Gold Dust, which is great.

Immediate highlights are the clinical dose of Beta Alanine (3.2g) along with 350mg of caffeine and 200mg of 2-Aminoisoheptane, AKA DMHA, AKA Octodrine. Also noteworthy is the 500mg of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT). NALT is a great mood enhancer and stress reducer and has become very popular in preworkouts and nootropics. I find 500mg to be on the good side of an average dose. I've seen more in a few products, but I've also seen much less. At 500mg I feel like I am getting the effects, but I won't be blown away by them. You also have 50mg of Hordenine HCL which, despite the ingredient having a short half-life, is a big dose for once-daily users and should create a nice boost as an added stimulant.

Theobromine could be considered a pump product, but is probably better known for its role as a stimulant. This is dosed at 100mg, but I'd like to see at least 200mg.

Another under-dosed ingredient is the Yohimbe extract. Gold Dust has only 2.5mg. I'd like to see more like 25mg to get a solid effect from this.

Lifting early in the morning and fasted (except a little toast to keep my stomach settled) meant I was drinking Gold Dust just minutes before starting my warmup.

Mixing was effortless; I found that it dissolved very easily in any amount of water.

Taste was bad. I receive Golden Punch flavor, which I was also disappointed to learn wasn't actually golden. I thought it might be like that new glitter beer- anyone seen that stuff? Nope- this was red. I didn't find the dye overwhelming, I think there was a lot more in Morph Extreme, but the taste was a lot to get past. The main flavor was coconut, and while I can't put my finger on anything that made it taste really bad, it just wasn't palatable at all. I usually mixed it with 4oz of water or less to take it down as fast as possible.

Gold Dust makes 3 claims on the label that I will focus on while judging the effectiveness: Energy, Focus, and Strength.

Energy: The energy I got from Gold Dust was fantastic. It woke me right up even on days when I got a poor night's sleep-something that is way too prone to happen to me. The energy I received caused no jitters, and I was just able to bounce from one exercise to the next, then back home, and to the office where I never noticed any sort of crash. Very happy with this.

Focus: There has been a lot of talk on SR lately about the Yoga Pants Scale-how much can I focus on me and mine as opposed to her and her's? I found that Gold Dust did a good job of getting me dialed in. I'm really easily distracted and can lose focus pretty easily. Gold Dust effectively kept me on track through the duration of my workout. Afterwards I noticed I was a lot less forgetful on my way to the office as well. Really well done here, too.

Strength: Meh I didn't really notice anything here. I was surprised this was advertised on the label without including something like creatine or Alpha GPC. I can't say I noticed any major increases in any of my lifts, just the norm if anything. I will admit though, that Gold Dust had the disadvantage of being used while I was/am injured and am limited to lower body and pull day cycles without any dedicated push days. That caused my body to become more fatigued, and therefore could have prevented strength increases.

General: Generally the energy and focus, but I wish there was a higher dose of Yohimbe to get me really sweated up (just invested that term) and I wish there were some more nootropics like Alpha GPC especially. I feel like A-GPC would just fit in so nicely on the rest of this panel.

From what I can tell, Gold Dust is only available direct from DestineNutrition.com. The regular price is $60, but I think it's on a perma-sale for $45. At 30 servings, this is $1.50/serving + shipping.

I think that's too high for what's in here. At this price I would expect a much larger panel of ingredients, or a lot more trademarked ingredients. The only one in here is BioPerine queue the sad tuba.

Side Effects

None at all

Conclusion

At the price, I think there are better options for you and your wallet. If Destine goes back to the lab to replace the Beta Alanine with CarnoSyn, adds in a good dose Alpha GPC, and maybe one or two other stimulants/nootropics, I think I would be happy to pay the $45 price tag-definitely not the $60 price though. However, if money isn't an issue and you just want a high stim PWO that won't make you crash, this might be a good choice for you!

Thank you to Destine for their support of the site, I hope this provided some helpful feedback, and I look forward to the next thing from them!
  • Golden punch: 4/10

March 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • DMHA High
  • No Pump Ingredients

Thanks to Destine for supporting the TROOPS.

I workout 5x per week, all high reps (20x) and supersets with minimal rest. I also do 3x30min cardio per week after my workouts, and do core on the other two days

Gold Dust (GD) is a fairly conventional stim focused PWO (with one exception), and as others have said, not much in the way of pump ingredients (other than a couple for increased blood flow). Caffeine is on the high side at 350mg. Also for stim - and here is the exception mentioned above - 2-aminoisoheptane (DMHA) is present at 200mg. DMHA is a similar compound to the well known and semi banned DMAA. According to Priceplow, 200mg DMHA is said to be equivalent to about 85mg of DMAA, and I certainly would not want to go higher than that. also in there are the usual beta alanine for short term performance, taurine to support it and NALT for focus. L-theanine and theobromine for increased blood flow. Dosage is pretty solid for all the above. It also has yohimbe at 2.5mg for fat burning which i am not a fan of because it often gives me gastro problems. That said, i didn't have any urgent bathroom calls before heading for the gym.

There is no creatine in here but thats fine with me since I prefer to dose myself with 2g of HCl for every workout.

GD mixed easily enough in cold water and tasted pretty nice - I got the grape bubble gum version which had a very pleasant grape/cherry flavor, and not to sweet. First time out I took a full scoop and whoa! A bit too stimmy! I used 3/4 scoop after that, all the way through. Lots of dyes in here that I would have done without.

This is definitely a full on stim product. Compared to one of my go to PWOs which also contains 350mg caffeine (Nutrabio's PRE), GD is definitely stronger from a stim perspective, and I am sure its due to the DMHA. I dropped it to 3/4 scoop and that was fine for me: its the only PWO I have found a full scoop to be just too much. Even at 3/4 scoop, if i didn't get in a good 60 min workout plus 30 min cardio, I was still buzzing hard after the gym. Focus was great too, though not much in the way of pump. Drop 3 caps of Ronnie Coleman's Stacked-NO with this on arm day and you are good to go!

$1 per scoop is my sweet spot for good value and at $44.99 (only available from Destine) its on the high side, but I was only doing 3/4 scoop, which gives you 40 scoops, and brings down to just over $1/scoop. And for that you are getting a full on workout. Price should come down if Destine rolls it out to retailers.

Side Effects

Too stimmy if overdosed.

Conclusion

I'll add this to my short list of go to PWOs. The combination of caffeine and DHMA, even at 3/4 scoop, ensures you'll never run out of steam before the end of the workout.
  • Grape bubble gum: 7/10

February 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • DMHA High
  • No Pump Ingredients

Hey SR, here today to review a preworkout by Destine Nutrition called Gold Dust. I work out at 5 am, fasted, before work every day. I'm usually on a big caloric and carb deficit so you can say my energy levels at this time are a little lacking. This being so, I'm always using a preworkout to get myself moving and get through my sets quickly and efficiently. Here's how Gold Dust worked for me!

Props to Destine Nutrition for a fully disclosed profile. At first glance at this profile, it's a very nice, stim heavy, profile. There's a nice dose of 3.2 g of Beta Alanine and Taurine for endurance, but the rest of the ingredients are stim/energy/focus based. Some of the highlights are: 350 mg of caffeine and 200 mg of DMHA. With few exceptions, this should get just about anyone up and moving. Because of the high stim content, my only quips would be about extended release caffeine so prevent a crash some might have (I did not). What else is noticeable is the lack of some ingredients: no citrulline, agmatine, for pump, creatine for strength, etc. This is pretty much just a stim/energy/focus blend. Overall, very nice in that respect, but not really a great all around preworkout option.

Dosing is standard, one scoop 20-30 min preworkout. Mixability was a little below average, quite a bit of foaming which was unexpected. The flavor of Miami vice was really good upfront with a nice coconut flavor, but had a chemical taste towards the end. Also, this has a TON of red dye in it. It didn't stain my shaker as some old school products have, but it could definitely take that back a notch.

Well, this is an energy based preworkout and it definitely delivered. this woke me up almost instantly and by the time I was at the gym I was really ready to go. Slight beta alanine tingles at first, but tons of long lasting energy and it helped me move through my sets and from exercise to exercise very efficiently. My favorite part of this though was the DMHA "high." On several products that have had DMHA in it, I get a really good upswing in mood that is pretty enjoyable. I do have to note however, on the last couple of servings the effectiveness did seem to wear off a bit and I added a little extra to the scoop to get the goods. This probably needs to be cycled. Also of note, no pump which isn't surprising with no pump ingredients. I see a pump a bonus however so not a deal breaker for me.

You can only find this in a couple of places, and the lowest price I found was $40 for 30 servings. Definitely on the high side, and for a preworkout that's primarily just energy and stim focused that's tough. With more distribution maybe they can get a better price point, but this would be a tough buy again at that price.

Side Effects

Some beta alanine tingles, but on a good note no crash wit all the stims.

Conclusion

A really good energy preworkout, but it's lack of overall profile and price point it would be a tough recommend.