(Better than 38% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

AminoZone is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Destine Nutrition. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

6.2
  April 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration Support
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Improved Recovery
  • Intraworkout Stamina
  • Mixes Well
  • Open Label

Aminos.....something to flavor your water, or an actually beneficial product? Let's have a look.

big thanks to Destine Nutrition for sending me their AminoZone to try. I love amino acids. For me, they make the world of difference on how terrible I will feel the next day after a workout. To add to that, most are very pleasant to drink as a bonus. Here lately since the market is flooded with Amino products, companies need to find a way to stand out from the competition. Let us have a look and see what makes this product so special.

The product label is fully disclosed on what you are getting which is a bonus. While they added some vitamins to the mixture the real focus is on the Amino acids profile itself.

They are using
2.5g of L-Leucine
1.5g of L-Isoleucine
1g of L-Valine

this is slightly higher than your standard clinical dosed 2:1:1 ratio.

AminoZone also included 1.5g of Taurine which in turn can help blood flow while the body is under stress or a physical activity.

AminoZone in an attempt to set itself apart from the competition has also included 300mg of Coconut Juice Powder which can aid the body in hydration, which is crucial during an athletic activity and can help keep the muscles hydrated with good minerals and vitamins and keep the lactic acid out.

I requested the Rainbow Italian Ice flavor and I am glad I did. This stuff tastes awesome, however, I cannot pinpoint the exact flavor. Sometimes it would remind me of a pink starburst, other times it had an aftertaste of a watermelon Jolly Rancher. It was really weird, however also very enjoyable. The only other Amino's that come close to having this flavor is Racked by DAS Labs.

Mixability was superb. It was almost an instant mixture with very little foaming when you shake it. there was the occasional settling at the bottom of my bottle but nothing a little shake could not handle.

For dosing, I would do 1 scoop (9.59g) to 32oz of water in my Nalgene bottle and I would drink it as I worked out.

So while most amino products are geared towards reducing soreness and creating a lean composition, this also focused on hydration. While I had reduced soreness and DOMS, the biggest thing I noticed was my overall level of hydration. The easiest way I noticed this, was the number of times I had to use the bathroom and how quickly it took. Most of the time I can go the whole workout without having to go #1, but while drinking this, my body was better utilizing the fluid and electrolytes that I was taking in. Because of this level of hydration, I feel that overall muscle soreness was down due to the muscle fibers having proper amounts of hydration in them preventing cramping and overall muscle tissue damage. For me, this is a sign that a product is working. I would only drink a serving during my workout rather than another one later in the day or post workout. I know some folks use it in different ways, but for me, I have found this is what works best.

The value hurts. Plain and simple. Destine Nutrition is a relatively new company so they are not widely available as of yet. So because of this, their products are going to come at a premium price. AminoZone can be found on their website and will cost you $44 per tub which is 30 servings. That will net you a price of $1.72 per serving. This is more than what you would pay for other big hitters like Endur3 and Adamantium Amino's which offer a lot more as an intra or peri-workout supplement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While this is a great product with great flavor, the price point absolutely kills it. If I had a vast amount of money, yeah I would probably buy this again, but for right now it is only for the "ballers" out there. I feel that once Destine Nutrition is better established the price should come down on this product which will make it way more competitive in an already very competitive Amino market. Outside of the price, it is a great product that provides beneficial hydration during any kind of exercise.
  • Rainbow Italian Ice: 8/10

February 12, 2018

• Reduced DOMS

Well, here I go again on a review....(anyone old enough tell me the band). I am getting closer to 46 years old, 195#'s and the ability to wear much smaller pants. I workout between 5 and 7 days a week. I am trying to lose weight and keep the muscle, which is why I wanted to try this product to aid in recovery. I currently am running Insanity and throwing in some lifting on some days as well.

Pages 56 through 62 covers my use of this product.

I also want to thank Destine Nutrition for participating in our SRTrooper program, as well as the Trooper program for getting us new stuff to try and allowing us to expand our knowledge.

Calcium @ 36mg: Can help with heart and nerve function, and in higher doses help with bone loss. I am guessing here it is the relaxation they where going after.

Magnesium @ 32mg: Normal dosing is 200 to 400mg, however this amount might help in making your systems relax a little bit, and this is a recovery product.

Sodium @ 25mg and Chloride @ 38mg: I put these together because they are using Sodium Chloride to give you those numbers. This could help with hydration, and hey why not put some stuff in here to keep moving.

Potassium @ 20mg: So this product can help your muscles not cramp up. However this is a pretty small dose. Normal daily dosage for adults is 4700mg so you are getting a sprinkling of what you need for the day.

Now on to the BCAA's........

They are using a 2.5g to 1.5g to 1g ration which is perfectly ok with me. So they have respectively L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-valine. I know that the big trend is added L-Leucine, but I haven't noticed a difference for me anyway on how well the product works and I have had some with a 10 to 1 ratio.

They also added the following.

Taurine @ 1500mg: This helps with blood flow and exercise capacity. Dosages up to 2000mg's is acceptable with 3g's a day being the upper safe limit.

Finally the new buzz product:

Coconut Juice Powder @ 300mg: So this is supposed to help with hydration. Dosages vary depending on what your reading so I think for me this is acceptable. I still am not totally sold on all the hype though.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the BerryLimeade and thought it was OK. Not a great flavor but it was drinkable and didn't make me unhappy about life. I think I've said that as I get older I get more finicky in what I'm willing to drink. This I am willing to drink.

The mix-ability of this in a shaker bottle with metal whisk ball was pretty decent. There is some slight foaming and a few sand pieces on the side, but if you shake and drink you should be ok.

I used this as a pre-workout, post workout and an afternoon treat. They say drink one serving before, during, or after exercise days, or throughout the day on non-training days. The take away is? Drink it whenever the heck you want to, and therefore it is very easy to use in my humble opinion.

So, did this work for me. I would say that I could tell that it was. Now I honestly think I liked it pre-workout best. I think that when I used it pre-workouts it made the "Insanity" a little bit easier. I still had less DOMS the next day no matter when I took it but I noticed the uptick in my workouts when I had this already coursing through my veins. I don't think I am alone when I say as we age one of the big things we miss is the ability to recover..... This helped me out and did the job.

As of 2/12/2018 their own website lists this at $44.99 for 30 servings.

So is it spendy? Yep. Is it worth it? Maybe, it's basically $1.50 and since I don't always want to drink plain water there are not a lot of healthy options. Now compared to Aminotone from RCSS which I liked it is $.50 a serving more but if I find it on sale I think it could be ok. Also once they start sending it to other distributers I will assume it will get closer to that $1.00 a serving we all like.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects while I was using this. I can't blame an amino supplement on tweaking my back can I?

Conclusion

At the end of the day one needs to figure out what works best for them. I have found that I like BCAA supplementation. I "feel" better when I get it and it also helps diminish the cravings for other non healthy tasty things. I firmly believe that this is a good product. What will hold it back for a little is distribution. I think when they get to more retailers the price will make it more competitive. That being said it does have some extras in it and I guess things keep getting more and more expensive, sometimes you just have to pull the trigger and give it a try.
  • Berry Limeade: 7/10

February 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration Support
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Improved Recovery
  • Intraworkout Stamina

I'm a big BCAA guy and am constantly supplementing BCAAs for overall health and recovery. I'd not heard of Destine Nutrition prior to AminoZone becoming available for the Troopers, but I liked the look of the profile and figured I'd give them a shot. Have to say I am very impressed with both the product and this new (I think?) company.

A note on the run time here. I started this product a few days prior to marking it in my Trooper dashboard. Actual run time was 12/29 - 1/26.

What I really care about most in my intra-workouts/BCAA supplements is the actual dosing of BCAAs. 5g of essential BCAAs per serving has been clinically proven to be the minimum effective dose for an average-sized human.

AminoZone provides this standard 5g BCAA per scoop, as well as 1.5g of Taurine (a non-essential amino acid - the body produces it naturally). Additionally this product contains electrolytes and hydration support to assist in recovery and boost stamina. While the profile is overall impressive, I wouldn't mind an increase in dosage to a few of the ancillary ingredients. Nutrex's Charger, my new fav go-to BCAA product, provides more sodium, chloride, and potassium per scoop than AminoZone, however AZ does have a higher dose of coconut powder. A small note, and the fact I'm comparing AZ to what I feel is one of the best BCAA supplements on the market should provide insight into how much I liked AminoZone.

This is the ideal profile for an intraworkout BCAA product in my opinion. A clinically proven dose of BCAAs and hydration support. Nothing else. No additional stimulants or stress relief complexes or anything like that.

I requested and received the "Rainbow Italian Ice" flavor. I wasn't sure what it would taste like when I ordered it, and it's somewhat hard to describe now. Definitely a refreshing fruit punch with strong citrus flavors. Overall I loved it. Very tasty and easy to sip throughout my workouts.

On workout days I'd throw a heaping scoop in 32oz. of water and sip throughout my workout. On non-lifting days I'd still have one serving in the AM. I'm in a fasted state in the mornings so I always make sure I'm getting at least 5g BCAA into my system during that period.

Read any of my intraworkout reviews and you'll note I write the same thing in most of them. I personally can't tell the difference between most BCAA products. I notice a difference in my recovery time and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA versus when I'm not, but not usually between individual supplements. AminoZone performed as expected in this category. I noticed the traditional decrease in DOMS and slight improvement in recovery.

Considering I'm now running a BCAA product that does not contain hydration support, I'll note how much this makes a difference to me. I've noticed in transitioning off of AminoZone how much I miss that extra stamina boost. I'm just not able to hit those last few sets in my workout with quite the same level of intensity. Again, I'm talking a small effect overall, but still noticeable.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop (or more). Unfortunately price is the only weakness of AminoZone; it's only available through Destine's own website at a steep cost of $44 for a tub / $1.50 per serving.

I'm assuming this partially because Destine is a relatively new company, thus their products aren't available on major retail sites just yet. We all know a vendor's own website is often the most expensive place to purchase supplements.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a strong recovery product with a great profile and effective dosing of all ingredients. The price point is hard to swallow, but my hope is that, as Destine expands, so too will the availability and affordability of their product line. This is absolutely a company I am keeping my eye on, and I recommend everyone else do the same.

On a final note, I was impressed with the response time Destine had to my opting in for this product. Within an HOUR of requesting it via the Trooper site, I received confirmation it had already been shipped. That's the fastest response I've ever seen from a company in fulfilling a Trooper order. Commendable service.
  • Rainbow Italian Ice: 9/10