PRICES (60)

TF Supplements

Ill Pump You Up

E-2016
  October 6, 2016

What's up SR, I'm back with another review. From the time I started taking supplements I have found it difficult to find a protein with a good taste, I have tried many different types and flavors that seemed to go from bad to worse. For me I was never able to stand the taste and it took a while to get used to. This protein specifically the Chocolate Peanut butter flavor was by far my favorite. When I first tried this I was impressed because I felt I could finally drink a protein shake with out it making me gag or having to add other ingredients to deaden or dominate the taste (banana).

Again another non specific ingredient profile, my pet peeve; there is a laundry list of vitamins and minerals in a percent format, there all common and not to add to the problem but I will save you all the details since were here for the specifics. This protein also contains a non specific amount of what they call a protein blend (Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, and Calcium Sodium Caseinate) it also contains L-Glutamine, Taurine and L-Carnatine. The label goes on to describe with picture a typical amino profile containing two sections listing essential and non essential amino acids, I don't see the point in this if it doesn't actually contain it; I feel like this is put there to grab the eye hoping you won't read the fine print. It sure got me the first time, I'm thinking wow this is a lot of amino acids for a protein mix. It also claims to have a rich supply of amino acids when I only see L-Glutamine and L-Carnatine, that's not rich.

The though behind this review for me was for the taste it is by far one of the best I have had although I think this might be the only selling point. I take 2 scoops in 32oz of water I look forward to drinking it.

It mixes easy and stays mixed in water with no clumps or residue left behind. I even add some ice and peanut butter if I know I might not get the chance to eat for a prolonged period.

1 scoop has 16g of protein and 2 scoops have 32g as listed on the label. I take 2 scoops in 32oz of water 2 times a day.

This is my first protein review so I am not sure how to gauge effectiveness. I can tell you that I eat very clean, this in turn almost always leaves me feeling hungry. After drinking this I feel full every single time, so as a meal replacement it is effective. The label on the other hand states "Promotes Muscle Grown and Repair". I have taken this for a while now with other supplements and alone so I can confidently say that the "Repair" ingredients are low I have felt sore days after workouts and this did nothing for that. I have also not seen a change in muscle growth that I would attribute to this.

The price isn't terrible the store I get it at has it for under $25 and that's where I have seen it other places listed for give or take a couple bucks I think the average is about $27. I think it's a little pricey for what it is or should be considered. As a meal replacement I would want to pay a little less.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This has been one of my shorter reviews but not for lack of trying. Plain and simple if you like the Chocolate Peanut Butter taste and could use a meal replacement then I recommend this. I would not recommend this as a go to protein for either gaining weight or building muscle.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Good Beginner Protein.
  • Variety Of Flavors
  • Not Enough Protein
  • A Bit Pricy
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 8/10

• MarsheS
    TROOPer Level: 29
    October 6, 2016

Your review is too "plain and simple" for my "taste"...